College Nannies + Tutors Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere for growing students
On-Call Nanny (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 28, 2017
The daily hassles of going to and from the homes caused great grief. The company itself was separate from my own production as a nanny. When problems occurred no one was really there to help me resolve them, just assigned me new assignments. Never really got a chance to spend more time with the children since it was a once a day assignment. Even if the family requested me again for their services the company rejected me stating that since I had just begun with them and they could not possibly believe that my services were that amazing. However, since I moved away from the area transportation became a hassle prohibiting me to grow from within. The company only provides 10% to gas if you own a vehicle. What I learned from this company is that when working for a non profit it is best to set time aside and not become to involved with the families personal business; Also, to not take last minute reservations.
Pros
gas ; flexibility
Cons
no healthcare ;company does not check the homes before arrival
Had Good and Bad
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CAMay 25, 2017
This company seemed like a great place to work at first, flexible hours, positive staff, and great families. But I learned really quick how much money I was spending on gas and not being compensated also the management also took away hours from the employees even though they were requested by a certain family then lie to the family and say they were already schedule with another family which was not true... they just never wanted to pay overtime.
Inconsistent expectations
Learning Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 24, 2017
Management is inconsistent and vague regarding expectations - consistently is influenced by emotions and frequently plays favorites. Does not accept feedback or suggestions.
Extremely nice supervisors and wonderful families.
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
Working for College Nannies and Tutors is great. You get to pick your own hours. You set your availibility for the week and if you are needed you pretty much get picked. Tish Raymond is very nice and flexible. If you have any questions or need help with anything she is definetly there for you. I have learned so much from working with the different families. I have babysat as young as 4-months-old and as old as 16 years old. All of the children are so unique and fun and I honestly enjoy every second of it. The hardest part is trying to stay flexible. Every parent likes things done a certain way so when meeting a family you have to come with an open mind.
Pros
nanny meet ups = fun and free snacks
working with contracted family
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 16, 2017
My experience with working with the contracted family I was assigned too was quite an experience, they were a wonderful family, it allowed me to gain experience with working with different personalities and learn to adjust to different kind of people. It allowed me to grow as a person and show me that there are ways to deal with people and learn to adjust with people and attitudes.
Pros
compesation
Cons
Great people, unfortunate events.
On-call Nanny (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 15, 2017
For the time I did work with CNT, I did enjoy it. It was a wonderful and fulfilling gig until some management issues took place. For weeks I was unable to get in contact with anyone to discuss my dwindling work hours. Finally, I had no choice but to quit through a message. I do wish things could have ended differently. As I mentioned before, I really enjoyed working with CNT.
Great management and flexible schedule
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 2, 2017
This job is perfect for the individual that wants to make their own schedule and loves working with children. The management is great and will offer childcare cases to you once they become available.
Was ok!
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 28, 2017
Just be careful! If you do not do what they say, they will kick you to the curb! I think there needs to be more that is being offered to the sitters and not just a low payment.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Pay is terrible
Flexible & Good For Part Time
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHApril 17, 2017
Although the pay isn't the best it is a great place to work! Management is good and the hours are based on what you need. How many hours you work will depend on the time of the year and what you do.
Pros
flexible, easy
Cons
low pay
Amazing Job
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 14, 2017
I love this job, you get to be around many different kids of all ages and race. The job is fun and they're always open for communication if there's any problems.
Relaxed and fun environment
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MOApril 5, 2017
You don't go into the office often but when you do its super relaxed and the managers there are super easy to talk to and help you out! When something happens last minute and you cant make it to work the push to help not just you but the family as well! You also get to make your own schedule of when you want to work
Pros
The "daycare bag" that you get to take to watch children
Cons
If you dont have a set family work can be slow
Caring Company
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2017
Best Job I've ever had in my life! Ive learned patience when it comes to caring for children with disabilities. Great communication between my supervisors and managers. The most enjoyable part is just being with the children and learning new things throughout the days.
Fun Place
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2017
Very good company to work for. I nanny so I have a placement family that nanny for every week. I usually just watch the kids play and get them something to eat when it is time for them to eat.
Great atmosphere and helpful people
Connecticut, Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 12, 2017
College Nannies and Tutors is a fun place to work for. It combines education and personal skills to create the perfect recipe to enjoy your work! Their programs are easy to understand and duties are very clear and simple to follow.
They try
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I worked here for nearly two years. They do not compensate as well as other agencies and take full advantage of any availability you have. They pay overtime, but if you work multiple families like I did, it doesn't apply as they count it as multiple jobs. I worked 80+ hours a week and finally left because the compensation was not worth my mental and physical health. 12-19 hours a day seven days a week. Maybe it was just me not standing up for myself but I know other employees felt similarly. I know they have at least one new manager now who may or may not be on top of things, but I'm not sure.

2-4 hours of sleep a night much longer would have left me with too many medical bills that would not have been covered as they did not offer benefits to part time employees. (Again, I worked 80+ hours a week and was considered "part time").
Cons
Healthcare, scheduling
Great!
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 12, 2017
Working for CNT has been such a great experience! They are very flexible, easy to talk to, willing to give extra hours, provide the classes needed! They stay on top of things
It's okay
Nanny (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
If you're looking for something that is flexible this will definitely work for you. But if you need the hours then maybe not so much , every franchise is different so cannot speak for the company as whole. Some want you to give up your entire life and aren't really concerned with your safety which cause many girls to leave. Not really much benefits, so it's basically a transition job. Families are charged way more than what you actually get but that's how the business is.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Nice place to work if you like kids
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Mainly a good day is making sure the child has fun and the needs of the parents are met. Fun easy job. You have to love kids to work here
good environment
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for them but the hours were unpredictable. I love working around all the people and it was a great experience. There was to much traveling and I was losing money more then I was gaining money due to the traveling.
Very rewarding with decent pay
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNJanuary 4, 2017
It was a rewarding experience to teach young minds, and the pay wasn't bad. Still, your schedule is determined by whatever appointments you may have. For example, if you have a 1-hour session with a student at 5:00, then another at 7:00, you only get paid for the hours you work, even though you stayed there between your appointments. Great coworkers, nice facilities, and competent management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Nannies + Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.

College Nannies + Tutors Reviews by Location