College Nannies + Tutors Employee Reviews

Great if you like working with children
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Long hours, and varying schedule, working with kids of all ages. Can be difficult to get many hours, working very early or late depending on availability.
fun to work with kids
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
This was a great oppurtunity that enabled me to interact with children from various age groups as well as communicate with the families involved. I just love teaching and playing with kids.
Pros
free food
Cons
no cons
Great job with flexibility and enjoyment
After school nanny (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Working at College Nannies and Tutors has been a great experience for me. Getting paid to watch kids and do fun activities with them makes it seem less like work and more like fun. The manager will work with your school schedule and will give you the amount of hours you please. All of the families that I have worked with have been great and seeing the joy on the kids faces after watching them makes this job so worth it!
College Students Dream
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2018
College Nannies and Tutors has been a life savor in my college carrier! Not only do you get to create your own schedule but you get a lot of say in what you do (depending on the families you work with)! If you enjoy working with kids of all ages and are creative and fun, this job is perfect for you!
Pros
Pay raises every 3 months
Cons
Driving to the location takes a toll on gas
Perfect for patient people
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 10, 2018
As long as you are keen on children, this job is great for you. All families were kind and communicative and my boss was always very understanding of my schedule and my needs. It can be stressful taking care of more than one kid during any given session, so make sure you are honest with yourself and your boss regarding your ability to watch more than one child. Overall, this is great for anyone who prefers a job where the majority of your attention is focused on one thing at all times.
Pros
Free Food (depending on family), Flexible Hours
Cons
Moody Children
Cnt
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 9, 2018
I have worked for this company for almost six years now. I love the work I do but there comes a time in your life when you deserve more. The management is amazing and the families can be outstanding as well but there are definitely more stressful days than good. Working with kids is never easy and can be a very challenging. Being that I will be done with my Masters very soon it is time for me to find a career that better suits my needs. This is perfect for college students as well as those who love children. You truly have to love children to be able to work for this company as long as I have. I owe the owner everything and more because she truly cares about the wellbeing of her staff. Every placement is different and truly an experience. I have nothing bad to say about this company other than you cannot be a nanny forever.
Better off nannying independently
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Though CNT never ran out of jobs, there is far too little staff and management pushed excess work onto you without you being able to deny a job. Stressful having to drive all over, not just in the areas that the specific branch was supposed to cater to, either. Would get texts, calls, and emails at all hours to fill positions.
Fun Place to Work
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 17, 2017
College Nannies is a lot of fun if you like to work with kids, and get paid playing and doing arts and crafts. It's low-stress, and you get hours if you want them. The scheduling can be really flexible, and is a great job especially if you're currently in college. There are lots of different options if you'd like to be a tutor, or work with respite families. There are multiple ways to move up in the company, whether you're interested in mentoring, or moving into the office for administrative work.
Pros
Staff meetings with free food and games, bonuses, fun work
Cons
Not getting to regularly see co-workers
Review.
Nanny and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 14, 2017
Fine place to work. It is a nice place and management is decent. I enjoy the flexibility, but work tends to be really slow a lot, which is not desirable when needed.
Flexible Scheduling
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 13, 2017
College NS+T overall isn't a bad place to work at. They provide extremely flexible hours along with the option to create your own schedule. The pay is manageable, but you get paid per hour, not per child; so you get paid the same whether you're watching 1 child or 4 children.
The management is very friendly and intend to give you an excellent experience.
Unfortunately, there do not seem to be an abundance of hours. When starting this job I was looking forward to being able to work as much or as little as I was capable. However, I wasn't given nearly as many hours as I had hoped for. Working as an after school nanny, I'll work maybe 10-15 hours a week, in which I was looking for 25-30 hours.

Aside from the lack of hours and pay, I would highly recommend a friend to work at College NS+T. the overall atmosphere is wonderful and the work is highly enjoyable.
great if you love kids
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, NYDecember 8, 2017
it was good while it lasted, but on to bigger and better things. stressful with some time favored employees. care more about clients than staff. unfair pay for stress level of job.
Low Wages/ No raises.
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
This is a good job for high school students or entry level nannies but they only pay 10/hr and it's only 1$ extra for 1 or two children more. I saw no room for advancement and there were very little hours since no full time families were available. If your starting off as a nanny this job would work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours, low pay
Love College Nannies!
Tutor & Nanny (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MONovember 30, 2017
This company is such a fun loving place! They work so well with college students and their schedules. Totally recommend anyone to work here. Working as both a tutor and nanny are very fun and even beneficial to learning in my future career as a nurse.
Relaxed fun work
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 23, 2017
I was a nanny for this company, I was an on call nanny. I enjoyed working with the children. They provided me with a good amount of hours. The pay was a little low for me.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
low pay
Cnst
Recruiting & Placement Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2017
During my time at CNST I have enjoyed my day to day work, and would recommend my position to anyone who is trying to get their foot in the Manager world.
ehhhhh
on call nanny (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 1, 2017
typical day at work would be to of course take care of children and do some light house cleaning. Wasn't that bad besides the children that don't want anything to do with you but then again thats what I signed up for. From working here I have learned more about taking better care of children and how to deal with different personalities etc... Management is alright. When I first started I was asked how far I was comfortable going, I told them specifically areas I would go but yet they still give me assignments way out of my "zone." Also you only get paid base price up to 3 kids, so you're getting paid the same if you're babysitting 3 children vs 1 child. Another con is you always and I mean always have to make intro calls to families, which is tedious and just not necessary because when I usually make the calls their usually short and the parents don't provide much info. I suggest showing up 5 minutes early to get info. Overall, it is a okay experience meeting all these great families but honestly I think I might just find my own family outside of this agency.
Pros
Meeting Families, Experience
Cons
Pay, No benefits
work
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 20, 2017
Overall, my working experience was good there. The manager was always nice and approachable. The work environment was little different due to the fact that you drive to people's homes to take care of their children, but I enjoyed taking care of the kids.
Nannying
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 20, 2017
It's a great place to work as a side job, but not as a main source of income. The owners are good about pre-scanning families they do miss the mark matching sometimes but you let them know and they will put you with a better match. The hours are sparse if you are in college though. They say you can support yourself , but it's very hard because there are a lot of dry seasons for baby sitter needs combined with the need for study and down time; it doesn't make for a good balance. The driving everywhere for the families is hard on your car and you can forget about your pay covering maintenance.
Most nannies have second jobs here so that is something to consider. The kids are all great and the best part.
Pros
fun, helpful
Cons
limited earning
Lots of change
Nanny, /Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 13, 2017
If you are a person that doesn't mind a lot of change this is the position for you. Every day a different case. The pro is being able to set your own schedule.
Great part-time job for students
Agency Nanny (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2017
CNT allowed me to make money when it was convenient for me. As a student, I was able to work as much as I wanted on weekends or after class. I was able to establish relationships with members of the Austin community who I otherwise would not have met, and I was able to develop certain skills and hone others. It was a great college job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Nannies + Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.