College Nannies and Tutors Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing team for respite workers!
Nanny/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAJune 27, 2016
Working with college nannies and tutors was amazing as there was so much flexibility and room to grow as a nanny. Generally, I was working with respite care families or children with disabilities. These children taught me so much about life, patience and acceptance of oneself - it was truly a remarkable job to have. Management is super cooperative and enjoyable to communicate with. They even have parties throughout the year for you to meet other nannies and mingle with other amazing people! Overall, college nannies and tutors is on point with connecting you with great families in need of an amazing nanny.
Pros
Flexibility, change and fun :)
Cons
Wages are low and rare to change
Great Opportunity
Tutor/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTJune 15, 2016
I've had a wonderful experience with this company. That being said, each location is franchised. Experiences may vary accordingly.

The market for both tutors and nannies/sitters is highly mercurial. I don't think anybody can guarantee a set rate of hours. You really have to be tenacious to be successful. I would highly advise against relying on the income from this job in any way.
Pros
Set your own schedule, positive work environment, opportunity to have positive impacts on kids
Cons
Very unreliable clientelle flow, but that's the nature of the business
Great Company to work, positive, flexible
Part Time Family (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 6, 2016
A great company to work for who finds families suitable for you. I have learned how to work with a variety of children and their families while working with this company. I really enjoy meeting the families and impacting the children in a positive manner.
Pros
Meeting a variety of families
Cons
Not always set hours
Wonderful company with amazing staff
Tutor, Title One Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for this organization during my employment term. The staff was wonderful and friendly. It was a tight community of peers that help support and advance each other. The management staff was professional and efficient, it made working there a complete joy.
Pros
Tight support system, Opportunities everywhere, Flexible schedule
Uplifting work environment
Nanny/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, NYMay 24, 2016
A typical work day is fun, depending on the child(ren).
I've learned a lot about patience and taking your time.
The management here is great and responsive.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of job security.
The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with different families.
a lot of sitting around
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 11, 2016
kids grow up so the job wont be forever, no breaks, cant smoke on job. i watch alot of netflix, cause there isnt much to do the kids i watch are 12 and older so yeah.
It is work in homes of clients
Nanny and childcare provider (Current Employee) –  19 E 71st street New York NY 10021January 25, 2016
Typical day is filling in for a nanny who is not well or on vacation.So this entails meeting new people almost everyday.It is not the best because you work at different times all the time.You never know what to expect.there are no benefits on this job.Would be a good fit for extra money.No stability and consistency.
okay, but disorganized
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 5, 2016
slow or fast paced...no inbetween
I learned to take responsibility and talk to HR about Scheduling problems
Management was pleasant, but disorganized
Co-workers were pleasant
Nothing was quite difficult about this job
Talking to the Hispanic and Deaf Customers
Pros
Extra Pay on Weekends
Cons
Changes Schedule Without Notice of Change
Wonderful environment
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2015
I worked with agency for about a year. They were wonderful they always kept your wants and needs in mind.If you ever needed more hours they would find more families to work for.
Internship school program
Nanny/Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2015
While I got exposed to CPR and First aid training I was also finger printed and worked in a lab with great kids! It is more like an internship for High school students but never the less an awesome experience!

Want to know more about College Nannies and Tutors?

Ask a question
very productive and fun working enviornment
nanny (Current Employee) –  Danville, CANovember 5, 2015
depending on the age group of the children i am working with that day. iIf they are young e would read books, play with puzzles, go for walks , go to the park, etc.
management
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2015
The management was very poor with this company, although I enjoyed the family I worked for, I didn't like the management side of the job.
Productive and Fun work place
Nanny/House Manager (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHSeptember 23, 2015
A typical day at work I arrive at the house and do all the daily chores. Once that tasks are completed I contact the various contractors and designer stop ensure that all bases are covered. The hardest part of the job is simply the 45 minute drive there but I always make sure to leave early to account for time spent in traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job is making different projects for the kids to complete and enjoying free time with them once all the other tasks are complete
Great job to be a positive influence on children
Nanny - Two households (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2015
This is such a wonderful job if you desire to be a positive influence in a child's life. Being placed with a family is relatively easy. The job security is alright, but children will grow and go to school, leaving you as an employee to find another job or family to care for.
Pros
Positive influence on children, helpful to family units
Cons
short/no breaks, jobs will end as the children grow older
Fun place to owork
DWHXJC (Current Employee) –  WCWDHXJuly 29, 2015
Wonderful place tp wprk great management fun job no cmplaints whatspver, the families are awesome and the manager for the huntervillelocation is absolutwely amazing
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2015
Students are really eager to progress and there are a lot of resources to help you obtain that goal. It is important to keep parents informed on student progress and make sure that you communicate with your boss on their progress as well.
Nanny
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMay 31, 2015
It can be hard finding a perfect fit in the nanny world. Taking care of a child in their home can be difficult because they know their surroundings and what they can and cannot do. Sometimes they can become too distracted by their environment and school work and chores are harder to get done. Build a relationship with the parents so you can learn their style and what can help you to work with them and their children.
productive, fun and good studying environment.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MOMay 21, 2015
get in before the student to get organized ,meet up with a student to begin a session then leave them with something to work on as i feel in my time sheet. Give them something to work on for the next session.
Pros
it is uplifting to see the positive changes in a student.
It's a great job for college students
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 24, 2015
The job is great opportunity for students that have a lot of free time. It was quite demanding for the staff that didn't have a full time client.
typical day would be to make breakfast, feed breakfast, play, read, park, lunch, nap.
Excellent work environment with flexible hours
Role Model/Nanny/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 22, 2015
Typically, depending on placement, I would be going to different parks, making up stories while playing planes and cars, providing care for a date night, coloring, making up games, and being a positive role model for the kids I worked with. Management is great at College Nannies and Tutors, they really work to get to know their staff and take care in placing us with families. The best part of this job is building relationships with families and their kids, and when the kids run outside in the morning to greet me. So sweet!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Nannies and Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.

College Nannies and Tutors Reviews by Location