College Nannies and Tutors

College Nannies and Tutors Employer Reviews

Excellent work environment with flexible hours
Role Model/Nanny/Ambassador (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 22, 2015
Typically, depending on placement, I would be going to different parks, making up stories while playing planes and cars, providing care for a date night, coloring, making up games, and being a positive role model for the kids I worked with. Management is great at College Nannies and Tutors, they really work to get to know their staff and take care in placing us with families. The best part of this job is building relationships with families and their kids, and when the kids run outside in the morning to greet me. So sweet!
Very Unpredictable at times!
On-Call Nanny (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: you pick your own schedule.
Cons: no healthcare and no performance raises.
Very Short Notice for cancellations
You don't know what your getting into until the day you actually meet the family and child/children
Some families are very unpleasant whereas others are a joy to work with.
The job use to function via text message..now its via an app through your phone which makes it more easier.
The job range from infants to school-age children so you really have to know how to stimulate a wide range of ages.
College Nannies
Nanny (Current Employee), Livingston, NJJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoy working here because it offers a flexible schedule. They pay is based on each family but it is worth it as a way to gain some money.
Great pay and fun job
Nanny (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2015
I didn't typically interact too much with the company itself because they were more of a middle man for connecting my with families who needed care. Most of the times I did work with them however were good and they generally did a good job of communicating.
Fun place to work
Nanny (Former Employee), Wesport, CTNovember 7, 2014
Pros: i love working with children
Cons: not enough hours of work
I go to different clients homes and watch children from age ranges 0-12 years old. I would watch up to four children at a time. I would prepare meals for them, put them down for naps, bathe them, and play a variety of activities with them.
Mixed bag
On-Call Nanny (Current Employee), Powell, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good family, flexibility
Cons: management, no healthcare
My experience with this company varies. On the one hand, I love the family I'm currently placed with. The kids are amazingly smart and fun, and I get along with the parents like old friends.

However, management at the actual agency is TERRIBLE.

When I first started, I was an on-call nanny. That was just temp work, but I did actually like my supervisor. She was kind, communicative, and I could get a hold of her if I needed to. Shortly after summer ended, however, she went to the other department. Suddenly it was difficult to get scheduled for work, there were all sorts of mistakes in placing me, and there were so many people trying to handle running the place that it made my head spin. I went on vacation for two weeks, which they knew, and I got texts for jobs I wasn't able to take and even a few phone calls. Even now that I have a full time placement that the whole of the supervisors should know about, I still get texts and emails asking me to work. They don't care about their workforce even though we are the lifeblood of the company.

I was also told by the mother of the family I work for now that I should now qualify for health insurance, and I contacted my supervisor and she has not gotten back to me. I have a medical condition that requires me to get medication, so it's imperative to find out if I can get health insurance through them now that I am working full time.

The long and short of it is, it's good for part time work. I won't be leaving them because I love the family I'm with right now, but if something should happen, I wont stay with them. I can make more money as a private nanny.
Not a good place to work
Nanny (Former Employee), Livingston, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Not a good place to work. The company as a whole doesn't seem to take their workers seriously
Great kids/ families
Respite Nanny (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: playing with children everyday, free training
Cons: traveling
Depending on the work day, I would go to the home of the child and spend my scheduled hours with the children. Seasonally, I worked full-time (fall to spring), where I was the primary caretaker of the child(ren). We would go to appointments, to the park, to museums, to the beach, or stayed at home playing games, making arts and crafts, cooking meals, cleaning play areas, changing diapers, potty training, and practicing independence and growth techniques.
Awesome Place to work!
Nanny/Caregiver (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2014
Pros: working with children
Cons: no set schedule
Love working with the children

Make your own schedule

I learned that all children are different and you shouldn't compare against another!
Fun and Playful work environment
Nanny (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: fun environment, exciting work days, casual attire, casual environment
Cons: no breaks, long hours, not enough pay, consistency or hours
During a typical day of work, I would pick up my two kids that I nannied for from school. We would either go to the library or back to their house. Once we got to their house, we would eat snacks. Normally, the 8 year old had to start his homework which I would assist him with. I would clean up the house a bit, entertain the children, and do various childcare activities.

I learned the behaviorisms of children, their needs vs their wants, how to interact with the children in the most constructive way possible, and how to teach them new things.

Management at College Nannies and Tutors is very friendly and patient. They are consistent with their ideals of the company and make sure that the employees feel appreciated. My one complaint would be that it was hard to get into contact with them at times due to understaffing.

As a nanny, I don't come into contact with my co-workers very often. From my few experiences with my co-workers, they were all exceedingly pleasant and friendly. They all seemed enthusiastic about their jobs and ready to work.

The hardest part of my job was during the times where the children were going through behavior problems. One of my children I watched had a temper problem that would influence the daily life of her classmates at her daycare. I would try and help her understand how she couldn't continue her bad behavior and the consequences that would happen if she did. Also, leaving a family that you have grown attached to is hard.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the children and feeling like you make a difference in their lives. It's nice to feel appreciated by not only your employer but also the family you are working for. I have received a lot of good feedback from my managers and my families that I have worked for and I feel very influential in their lives.
productive and fun filled workplace with lots of opportunity
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee), san diego, caMay 22, 2014
there is not a specific typical day at work as each family varies in their specific needs for their children. Days can range from helping the kids with homework to caring for a newborn and watching two toddlers in the same setting.
I learned how to fully manage time availability with each individual child within families that had multiple children. Working with kids with autism has broadened my ability to adapt fully to new environments and succeed in learning new ways of approaching obstacles. This job has also allowed me to successfully work with parents and children in satisfying both need of the children and the parents.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding out that I am being requested by families to come back and work for them again. being aware of customer satisfaction brings a smile to my face as the parents trust me and believe I am capable of providing them with care, honesty, trust, and respect.
Not a great agency
Part-time nanny (Former Employee), Mercer Island, WAMay 18, 2014
Pros: frequent work, user friendly site
Cons: pay, management, work can end at a moment's notice, bad family matchups, no insurance
When I started in spring 2012, it was pretty decent. The manager at the time was a very nice and energetic woman, who really CARED about you and the position you were looking for. In April 2012 I had a position with a 5 year old with behavioral issues, and after a month I was able to transition her back to school full-time. But there was no "thank you" from the mother, but a "well, she's back now so we won't need you." but luckily the manager was nice enough to get me another job in May, but then again, that ended as well because the mother decided she only needed a nanny a few days a week, and I couldn't survive off that income. The manager left in June, and then a new one came into place, and it all went even more downhill from there. I worked on-call positions from June on, as I recevied a new job at an afterschool program in June which offered benefits. This agency does not.

The new manager was proactive in getting me on-call jobs ONLY after I came in the office to meet her. But even then she was favoring certain nannies, and giving some jobs out to the ones she preferred. Then I nannied for one woman with an infant and a 2 year old and she wrote the manager telling her all these mistakes I made! Yet I followed her directions to a tee. I even wrote down the directions she gave me so that I would remember. But did College Nannies and Tutors take my side? No, they didn't. They took the mother's side, even after a rebuttal letter which I highly doubt they even read.

Not only this, but the on-call job pay is only $10.50 per hour, and you can make MUCH more if you work at say, – more... Seattle Nanny Network or Annie's Nannies.

Good thing about the job is, however, that they will hire those without years of nanny experience, so it is good for young College students, and for the most part the on-call work is frequent. They send you an email and you can email back and let them know you can take it. And the website is user friendly. But if i were you, I would skip this agency and find another one. Because it was a horrible place to work. And since I quit his place I have moved on to a much better teaching job, and now going back to school to finish my certification, but I will NEVER go back to the agency. – less
Fun job with flexible hours
Nanny (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 24, 2014
I work as an on call nanny. Each job is a different family in a different setting whether it be in their home or at a hotel they're visiting. I work with children of all ages and am basically there to keep them entertained, to ensure their safety and to be an additional role model in the child's life.
Fun environment, learning environment and most of all the different people that I meet
Nanny (Former Employee), Seabrook, TXMarch 27, 2014
Going into different homes and learning different cultures. Learned more patience with taking care of the kids. The hardest part was leaving the children. The most enjoyable part was the love I felt from the kids
managing a place where a kid can be a kid and keeping them in a safe fun enviroment
Nanny (Former Employee), silver spring marylandMarch 19, 2014
Pros: everything is positive when working with kids
Cons: n/a
opening , closing counting money making sure the kids stayed safe, mananging a whole store sometimes workinginother stores.
Great opportunity for college students
Nanny (Current Employee), Edina, MNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great way to network for future employment, and create relationships
Cons: pay rate rarely if ever increases, not much room for advancement as nanny
Not only is CNT a great opportunity for college students, but the families also greatly benefit from the services provided.
Great place to work and flexible work schedule.
Nanny (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhioFebruary 21, 2014
With this job I would wake children up, fix breakfast or assist with these duties. Get children ready for school and assure they make it to the bus or school safe. After school, I assist with homework or projects if needed, clean house, snacks or start dinner. I would also play with the children to keep them physically active and enrich their minds with fun games.
Working with children is a rewarding experiance
Nanny (Current Employee), Ann ArborJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: helping children grow
Cons: dealing with scheduling mishaps
On a typical Nanny Job, I pick kids up from school and care for them until needed by the family. I manage time for the kids activities. Management is an interesting dynamic, personally I feel I work first and foremost for the family. Second is my company manager of College Nannies and Tutors and they are my back up. With a multiple management dynamic, this can be difficult. A lot of communication is involved on everyone's part to make sure an efficient schedule is kept. Their are quite a few nannies to keep track of and some scheduling issues arise. However, working with the kids, helping them grow and achieve is very rewarding.
Fun
Nanny (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTDecember 16, 2013
Pros: helping the little boys, playing with the puppy
While working here I worked with 3 young boys that all had their own individual special needs. I didn't really have any problems here it was fun and a different experience every day
Lovely family
Nanny/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: fun, exciting
Cons: not enough hours
I mostly deal with a family and not the actual company. A normal day consist of laundry, lunches, homework help, and going to the store if anything is needed and going to any appointment or after school activity. I keep the girls on track and on time and focused on what needs to get done that day.