College Nannies and Tutors

College Nannies and Tutors Employer Reviews

Fun environment, learning environment and most of all the different people that I meet
Nanny (Former Employee), Seabrook, TXMarch 27, 2014
Going into different homes and learning different cultures. Learned more patience with taking care of the kids. The hardest part was leaving the children. The most enjoyable part was the love I felt from the kids
managing a place where a kid can be a kid and keeping them in a safe fun enviroment
Nanny (Former Employee), silver spring marylandMarch 19, 2014
Pros: everything is positive when working with kids
Cons: n/a
opening , closing counting money making sure the kids stayed safe, mananging a whole store sometimes workinginother stores.
Great opportunity for college students
Nanny (Current Employee), Edina, MNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great way to network for future employment, and create relationships
Cons: pay rate rarely if ever increases, not much room for advancement as nanny
Not only is CNT a great opportunity for college students, but the families also greatly benefit from the services provided.
Great place to work and flexible work schedule.
Nanny (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhioFebruary 21, 2014
With this job I would wake children up, fix breakfast or assist with these duties. Get children ready for school and assure they make it to the bus or school safe. After school, I assist with homework or projects if needed, clean house, snacks or start dinner. I would also play with the children to keep them physically active and enrich their minds – more... with fun games. – less
Working with children is a rewarding experiance
Nanny (Current Employee), Ann ArborJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: helping children grow
Cons: dealing with scheduling mishaps
On a typical Nanny Job, I pick kids up from school and care for them until needed by the family. I manage time for the kids activities. Management is an interesting dynamic, personally I feel I work first and foremost for the family. Second is my company manager of College Nannies and Tutors and they are my back up. With a multiple management dynamic, – more... this can be difficult. A lot of communication is involved on everyone's part to make sure an efficient schedule is kept. Their are quite a few nannies to keep track of and some scheduling issues arise. However, working with the kids, helping them grow and achieve is very rewarding. – less
Fun
Nanny (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTDecember 16, 2013
Pros: helping the little boys, playing with the puppy
While working here I worked with 3 young boys that all had their own individual special needs. I didn't really have any problems here it was fun and a different experience every day
Lovely family
Nanny/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: fun, exciting
Cons: not enough hours
I mostly deal with a family and not the actual company. A normal day consist of laundry, lunches, homework help, and going to the store if anything is needed and going to any appointment or after school activity. I keep the girls on track and on time and focused on what needs to get done that day.
Wonderful professional company
Nanny (Former Employee), Spotsylvania, VASeptember 4, 2013
I loved working for this company. The staff was very helpful and quick to respond to needs. The company addressed all problems in a quick and professional manner. They are very understanding and flexible with schedules as well.
Special ed aide/ nanny/ tutor
Special education Aide/ Nanny (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 17, 2013
Worked with several children for one on one tutoring. The ages ranged from infant to 17. Some students had Asperger Syndrome, social anxiety, ADD/ADHD, emotionally disturbed.
Productive fun place to work. Creative thinking required
Nanny (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNAugust 1, 2013
This company was a great place for a summer job. I learned many things about child care and was able to harness my creative mind to entertain the children I watched.
Excellent supervisors; hard but fun and rewarding work.
Nanny (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 28, 2013
I have enjoyed working with College Nannies and Tutors. They have provided good jobs working with many different kinds of people and children in different environments.
Great Experience with Children
Nanny (Current Employee), Livingston, NJMay 7, 2013
Pros: you get paid to play and have fun with children
I love working with CN&T. You get to learn different personalities and how to cope with difficult children. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was catering to both the parents and children.
College Nannies and Tutors is a Franchise we owned
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Paoli, PAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: running and learning all aspects of owning your own business
Cons: the economy
College Nannies and Tutors is an excellent franchise. Unfortunately, we bought in when the economic bubble burst. In addition to the financial situation, we had medical problems taking away needed time and attention to keep our business afloat. We had to close our doors in March 2011.
Good, flexible job for a college student
Nanny (Former Employee), Danville, CADecember 12, 2012
Pros: text communication with boss, online punchcards, no difficult personalities, independent work
Cons: driving
I worked here for 8 months and really liked it. I worked as both a permanent and on-call nanny. On call was flexible and let you pick your own hours. Permanent was steady and you get to get familiar with your kids(also flexible: families make schedules with you).

I like that nanny coordinator would text me potential "placements"(term we used for an – more... agreed upon nanny work time and place), and I could just text back answer. You can choose how little or how much you want to work. Also, timesheets, and punchcards are all done online, so you can just whip out your phone or laptop and enter in all the information in about 5-15 minutes once placement is over and get your check in the mail.

As an on-call nanny, you see your co-workers for only about an hour once per month at a team meeting, so there aren't a lot of difficult personalities to be worried about.

This job can be hard because as an on-call nanny, there's a lot of commuting to be done. Car is almost a must, but they compensate you for it. I personally enjoyed traveling, and meeting new families and children each week.

I don't have too many bad things to say about this company. I showed up with no college education, and they gave me good work, at decent pay. They gave me a chance to show what a good care-giver I could be, and then duly rewarded once I proved it.

I'd recommend this work for college students inbetween careers, degrees, and with complicated schedules. Also, for caring people! – less
Fun job with great security
Nanny (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 26, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, built personal relationships
Cons: inconsistencies in hours
I really enjoyed this job for many reasons. I got to take care of the daughters of a wonderful family and watch them grow. I loved interacting with the girls everyday, and I learned a lot about myself as a caretaker. Working with kids always improves patience, and I definitely developed as person and employee. In a typical day, I gave baths, prepared – more... and served meals, went to a playgroup, led educational activities, and went to the playground. I most enjoyed developing a relationship with the kids and finding ways for them to have fun. The hardest part was finding new ways to bring fun into their lives. Overall it was a wonderful experience! – less
Excellent business model with growth potential
Placement Manager (Current Employee), Glenview, ILJuly 11, 2012
Pros: great concept; competitive in the industry
Cons: poor or undeveloped plan for compensation (i.e., benefits, retirement plan, etc.); low starting wage and income potential
Great opportunity for learning the industry; afforded considerable independence and responsibility; able to utilize many of my talents- abilities challenged daily in a positive way.
Hardest part of job is balancing having enough talent for all the families in need, and other times having enough families for an over abundance of available nannies!
Work – more... with some very dynamic people. – less
Great Company!
Nanny (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 21, 2012
I really enjoyed working for college nannies. I was able to get started with a family very quickly and then was always able to do more as needed.
Caring Company
Nanny (Former Employee), Sacramento CAFebruary 6, 2012
Pros: they whole heartedly care about their employees
Working at College Nannies and Tutors was a great experience. It is a great job for college students since they work around your schedule. My manager was always there to talk to me when I needed to talk or learn something new.