College Pines Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Meh.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Valdese, NCMarch 29, 2016
Start pay for new LPN is lowest in area (15/hr). Most places start at 18 or more. Not all positions are posted. Many positions are just offered to employees chosen by management. Constantly short staffed. Scheduling is a nightmare. Coworkers are fantastic and residents are wonderful. Staff is unequally treated.
Pros
Great coworkers. Paid time off.
Cons
Shot staffed, horrible scheduling, desired shifts are given to some staff instead of being posted. Unequal treatment.
Great Place to work
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connellys Springs, NCSeptember 5, 2015
Absolutely loved the job along with my fellow employees. Caring environment along with positive attitudes. Management was okay and it was a scheduled day. having this job allowed me to develop a more positive attitude.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Room and part time benefits
Busy and hard work. Can be emotionally hard. excellent team work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Valdese, NCMay 7, 2014
Great place to get experience especially in a nursing career. Learn how to take care of patients effectively and efficiently.
good place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Valdese, NCJune 19, 2013
Helped resident with self care ex: bathing, feeding. I learned some CNA 2 skills. Hardest part was see my favorite resident die. working on the rehab part of the building was great i got to help people get better and go back home
Pros
help people get back home
Cons
seeing people die
Wish I ever left!!!!!!!!!!!
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valdese, NCJuly 6, 2012
Prep desserts, cook off meal for dinner, record temps,make trays, wait intill residents get done eating, wash dishes