College Pro Painters Employee Reviews in United States

Good experience with management and customer service and communication.
Job Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company although it was difficult at times because of confusion with my superiors. I learned a great deal about effective communication with customers and providing excellent customer service.
if you like painitng
Painter (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Whitmore Lake, MI 48189March 21, 2016
it was fun alot of painting and being outside but being a seasonal job the hours were a little funky in winter. People were nice and considerate but needed better pay to stick around
Pros
relaxed place to be at, working outside
Cons
seasonal work
Great work enviroment
Job Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 24, 2016
I loved working for College, the work kept me on my feet and active all day. I would show up in the morning and work a full ten hours, painting houses. we would keep constant communication with the home owners about the status of their house. I learned a lot about doing quick and quality work, the houses where estimated to be painted with in a budgeted time. As a Job site manager I would have to keep my team motivated and on track to paint the house with in the budgeted time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with painting on roofs during one hundred degree weather. I constantly had to be taking many breaks while on the roof so I would over heat myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was painting the house, I am a very task oriented person, and to do this task was amazing to do every day for the summer.
Pros
Comfortable work enviroment
Cons
MY manager was not good at budgeteing hours for houses
Management Experience in a learning environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INFebruary 17, 2016
Working for College Pro can be challenging but rewarding at the same time. You must be prepared for long hours and manual labor. This job provided me with solid management experience and an ability to develop my communication skills.

The most difficult part of this job is dealing with the frustration that can arise in the learning environment. You are working alongside your peers who are also developing their management skills. These peers may not always make the right decisions. On the other hand you are able to work with friends and witness the progress that develops through the summer.
Pros
Working with peers, learning environment, support
Cons
High turnover, disputes, unexperienced management
Boring and tiring but paid well
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 16, 2016
Painting is a seasonal job. You are expected to canvas areas during the summer and the greatest thing is you get to chooses your hours. I would typically work 3 hours a day and about 9 hours a day. My wage started at minimum wage but it increased to $15 in only a month.
Pros
Getting to know your manager
Cons
Canvassing neighborhoods can be boring and tiring
Fun and hard work
Painter, sales (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 10, 2016
awesome people, fun environment. outdoors.
I like this company because it helped be grow to become an entrepreneur. skill I learned were useful to other places In life
Great learning and business experience
Manager/Franchise Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 31, 2016
Manager/Franchise Representative
• Managed, developed, improved, and expanded exterior painting franchise throughout central MI
• Exterior painting estimates/sales, hiring/firing, as well as successfully starting/planning/managing while producing results
• People/time/money management, as well as planning, advertising, and marketing
Pros
Experience, learning, improving
Cons
overload
One Year Franchise
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 29, 2015
If you have never run a business but always wanted to learn, this is a great opportunity. I've learned how to operate a small business that generated over $120,000 every year. Skills gained include:

Sales
Leadership
Lead Generation/Marketing
Payroll/Finances
Time Management
Priority Management
Goal Setting and Review
Hiring/Training/Retention of Employees
Pros
flexible schedule, unlimited income potential, personal business mentor
Cons
long hours in summer, stress
Hard but well-deserving workplace
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 16, 2015
My day and time spent was set up by me, which was awesome. I was the owner of a painting business. I would be doing callbacks, interviews for jobs, job site visits, and estimates just to name a few things I was responsible for. So at times it was extremely stressful and other times I had the feeling that I was on a cloud. My co-workers were awesome, respectful and understanding. It was such a great atmosphere to be in, as they got along so well. I hired all of my co-workers and I couldn't have been more grateful for my workers and everything they did for me. The most enjoyable part of this job was to see what the state the house was in before and then seeing what my workers did and the end product of that. The best part of all of that though was seeing the customers face when we were finished and the customer loving their "new" homes. This was no easy task, it took a lot of time and hours of my day to make sure the business was successful and this drained me of my energy.
Pros
Business experience, Financial experience
Cons
Long Hours (50+/week)
decline
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MAOctober 14, 2015
decline. I do not see how this is relevant to obtaining employment else where. I decline this step in the process. Decline.

Want to know more about College Pro Painters?

Ask a question
Great Clients, Usually worked in wonderful weather, great experience builder
Job Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 29, 2015
When establishing an understanding relationship with the customer everything would flow from there. If you did all the things within the contract with great quality, the possibility to do more outside the contract with compensation could arise. This experience taught me how to work with project estimates, time constraints, signed contracts, various products, and leading crews on site. Since I worked hard at receiving 100% satisfaction the only drawback was when the weather did not cooperate to have continuous work on a project. These delays were made up in an appropriate manner and taught me how to work with a client when applicable constraints could still lead to a terrific outcome.
Pros
Benefits for completing projects on time or sooner, Always a new job site with new strategies
Cons
Weather needed to cooperate, Seasonal
Hard work, good expereince
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 27, 2015
It was a good experience working here. I learned how to deal with customers who have complaints and making the job right. Also, it really helped me grow in customer service.
Own a business during college
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 30, 2015
College Pro has given me the opportunity from the age of 20 to 22 to do something I've always dreamed of doing, owning and operating my own business. College Pro trains their students to run their own independent franchise and work with all sorts of people.
Pros
Amazing culture, ownership, tremendous learning, real world experience of running a business
Cons
No health benefits, large market
Productive and energetic learning enviornment
Job Site Manager (Current Employee) –  SpokaneAugust 19, 2015
Performance based pay but job/work is not guaranteed i worked with this company for two summers in a row and my franchise owner bailed out in the middle of the season because of another job offer.
Pros
pay is what you earn
Cons
no job security
Fast paced
On-site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 10, 2015
This was a fast paced job which I found enjoyable. It was hard physical labor, but that's in the job description. As long as work was completed on time, everything was great.
Painting
Painter (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJuly 28, 2015
Working as a painter is not easy. especially in the hot. humid Missouri summer heat. it gets pretty boring and not easy at times.
Lots of work
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 21, 2015
For the amount of time that I put in, I was extremely underpaid. I learned a lot from this experience but would not recommend it. The help that I received was minimal.
Great company and program
Manager/ franchise representative (Former Employee) –  Bay CityJuly 4, 2015
Great company and program. Learned many different skills used in life and career. I would recommend trying to be a part of the College Pro painters program if you are serious about learning about business and excelling your career.
It was a great learning experience
Sales Representative Internship (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJune 17, 2015
A typical weekday for me consisted of cold calling warm leads in order to create business opportunities for my manager. On weekends I went door-to-door asking people if they could give 30 minutes of their time later that week to meet with my manager for a free estimate. I loved my manager and co-workers. They are great people and we are still really good friends today. The hardest part of my job was going door-to-door in the hot sun, but it was rewarded by every business opportunity I was able to create. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning how to become a better salesman.
Pros
The feeling of success you get when you create a business opportunity
Cons
Going do-to-door on the weekends in the hot sun was a bother.
Painting outdoors in July.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Sawyer, MIMay 27, 2015
We would begin day with a team meeting, going over things like the schedule for the day and tasks to be completed. Next, we would go through a walk around with the client and shared our goals for the day with them. The hardest part was to stay ahead of schedule and under-budget on the big jobs. It was enjoyable as I worked with 3 of my good friends.
Pros
Outdoor work.