College Pro

College Pro Employee Reviews

Simple Newspaper Delivery
Painter and Canvasser (Former Employee), OttawaFebruary 26, 2015
As long as you deliver paper on time you are golden. But the papers are given to you separately so you have to compile them yourselves. Can be time consuming considering the little pay.
Biggest and Best Residential Painting company in the US
Painter (Current Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 14, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
See other College Pro Painters review for more details. This site could use a little update. i've already written a review for College Pro
Life changing experience that substantially advanced my career options
Franchise Manager (Former Employee), Post Falls, IDNovember 3, 2014
I learned to run a business at the age of 19 while I was a full time student at Gonzaga University. I had no idea what I was doing or whether or not I'd be successful, but wanted a chance to find out. My GM and the staff at College Pro gave me all of the support and resources to be successful - I put in the work but they gave me the skill to do it, and it was the best thing I could have done for myself. I was proud of having produced nearly $700,000 in work by the 60+ employees that worked for me during the years I ran a franchise at College Pro. It was the hardest thing I ever did--the challenge was real, but the confidence, the network, the culture and the leg-up it gave me for the rest of my life were invaluable.
typical day
Painter (Former Employee), minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2014
started the day bright and early at 7 am at the job location. Started with a walk around the house to set goals for the day. Then painted or prepped the house until 1 and then had lunch. Then after lunch we worked until 5. It was nice being outside for the summer, even though it was abnormally hot.
Productive and Educational
Job Site Manager (Former Employee), Olympia, WAFebruary 13, 2014
Great work experience friendly staff and provided young workers with a chance to develop management skills
loved to live and wear the brands i represent
Lead sales marketer (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MINovember 25, 2013
Pros: pac sun!!!
Cons: oh....some people
Job was awesome, loved the merchandise and selling it was even better. the people and pay however...but the job itself made up for it.
Amazing starting job for high schools
Job Site Manager (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAOctober 26, 2013
Typical work day consisted of preparing and spraying a house, and the next day finishing the trim up. I've learned a lot from the company and management was amazing. Plan on furthering my career in the future.
Poorly Run Company with Poor Compensation and Generally Incompetent Managers
Painter (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 23, 2012
Your experience at College Pro will depend a lot upon the person you are working for as a member of one of their crews. In general the training tended to be poor, the managers incompetent and the work hours long strenuous and poorly compensated. In my experience my first crews on site-manager was much more competent and skilled at painting than our crew manager. This lead to a grumpy on-site manager who felt dissatisfied with his current work predicament and he tended to take it out on his crew. However, he was a very good painter and I learned a lot from him
The hours were absurdly early in the morning, they paid minimum wage and required you to work in sometimes dangerous situations with minimal online training.
Industry