College Pro Employee Reviews

Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 26, 2017
The best opportunity I've ever found available for those ambitious and dedicated enough to follow through. The very best way to understand what this position entails is to connect with someone in the roll. Find them on LinkedIn or Facebook, shoot them a message letting them know you are considering and they'll be highly open to answering any questions you have.
Pros
Excellent ongoing training, a huge network of peers, opportunity to make great money
Cons
Must be hard working and dedicated, no slacking here.
Labor intensive but rewarding place to work.
Job Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 24, 2017
College Pro was a great opportunity but quickly became sketchy because of poor management and lack of actual job sites to work on. The camaraderie was great.
Challenging and physically demanding work in difficult conditions
Painter (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INApril 19, 2017
I would get to the job site and prepare paints and tools for the day of work ahead with fellow co-workers. The jobs differed between interior and exterior work of houses, depending on the request of the customer. We would assign ourselves tasks to work on for the day, whether that was scraping, sanding, priming, or painting. I learned how to push myself to work hard, efficiently, and quickly. Working with only a few co-workers build my team and communication skills. Everyone got along and worked diligently to accomplish daily goals. The hardest part was facing a fear of heights and spending long hours in the summer heat. I enjoyed making connections with co-workers and the lessons I learned about how hard work pays off in the end.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, nice coworkers and boss, challenging job
Cons
Hard temperature conditions, physically demanding, unknown hours due to weather
Not a very good place to work
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 13, 2017
Very hard to actually make money
good sales training
learn how to run a business
experience from this position is worth much more than you will probably earn, which is little to nothing
Once in a Lifetime Opportunity
Jacob Reks (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INApril 12, 2017
I ran a College Pro Franchise for the past two years and it has by far been the best decision I've ever made. I'm very entrepreneurially minded, and wanted to spend my time doing something that would take me to the next level. College Pro was that. I've gained more experience, learned more skills, and built more great relationships than I could've imagined. If you are someone who likes to work hard and play harder, College Pro is the way to go.
Pros
Experience, Ownership, Challenging, be your own boss, comradery, mentor ship.
Cons
Challenging, difficult, not for the weak.
Former franchise and job site manager review
Franchise owner and job site manager (Current Employee) –  Iowa city IowaApril 11, 2017
Working for College Pro is an exceptional experience to learn about many things including management, customer relations, sales, home-improvement, and general hard work. The company of the structure allows for fierce independence or heavy dependability depending on the style of employee. There is only one bad fit for employee of College Pro and that is someone who does not one to succeed.
Pros
Work with friends, boss barbecues, weekends off almost all summer
Cons
Wicked ripped shoulder muscles
College Pro gives students the opportunity to run a business with vary little risk.
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 11, 2017
College Pro has given me the experience needed to move forward confidently into any ownership roll. The skills I have learned will be directly applicable as I transition from College Pro into my next endeavour.
Pros
Personal development, full time employment, rewarding job experience
Cons
Long work days
Productive environment with great company culture and opportunity for advancement
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2017
College Pro has molded me in to a young professional with a competitive advantage against my peers while still attending school. The opportunity to connect with ambitious, like minded individuals from across the company has strengthened my network immensely. The beauty of College Pro is that you can start at any position in the company and work to advance through positions at a relatively quick pace if you are determined.
Pros
Tight knit company, strong connections/alumni, work hard play hard culture
Incredible Summer Job Experience
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 8, 2017
I have been a Franchise Owner with College Pro Window Cleaning for 3 summers now. The management there really works with you individually to get you to your goals. I have had the opportunity to pay for tuition with the money I made each summer. Wouldn't trade the real life experience in for anything else.
Pros
Lots of flexibility, Real-life Experience, Networking
Cons
Long Hours, Sometimes stressful work
Competitive, fun work place that really follows their motto
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 7, 2017
College pro follows the motto "work hard play hard", and they really demonstrate this on a daily basis. All my coworkers strive for success on a daily basis, although at the end of the day everyone still likes to kick back and have fun in order to add the amazing culture.
Pros
Self success, flexible schedule
Cons
Long days
Best Spring/Summer Ever!
Technician (Former Employee) –  AncasterApril 5, 2017
If you love working outdoors with peers and other like-minded individuals you should definitely work for college pro. Learned so much from the managerial staff that is always available and had a great time working this past summer.
Meet customers was my favourite part. At first I thought there was a negative association for College Pro because of not enough hours and poor management but it turned out to be the complete opposite!
Pros
Working outdoors, Meeting customers, Working with friends
Cons
Rain days
Good Opportunity to grow
Franchisee Owner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 5, 2017
This is a great company to work for. There are lots of opportunities to learn new skills and develop ones that you already have. I especially like the culture of the job, as it is composed of students, and a fast paced environment.
Great learning opportunity and great earning potential
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONApril 5, 2017
I have worked with College Pro for a few years now and have nothing but great things to say about the program. You learn to run a business from scratch and have the assistance and guidance of College Pro behind you every step of the way. There is a ton of earning potential with this job and there are opportunities for advancement as well.
Fun Summer Job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIApril 4, 2017
When I first started I was kind of iffy about the job because of the long hours and it seemed like a lot of work, but I found out time goes by really fast when you're out painting! Really enjoyed working with everybody else on the crew and had a great time once things got rolling. I was happy with the pay as well and I ended up making quite a bit of money by the end of summer.
Pros
I got paid for the work I put in, my boss was really down to earth and respectful, got to be outside all summer
What you put in is what you get out.
Franchise Owner, Professional Painter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2017
Awesome opportunity to run your own franchise and begin to understand how to operate a small business. It's lot more work than they could ever explain to you when they first bring you on and it's not advertised honestly in my opinion. They show it to students as more of an internship than a business opportunity, this is not to be confused. It's a business that you run yourself with the help of a coach. It's fun and rewarding, but very challenging!
Great summer job in being able to manage many different operations
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2017
Managed sales operations in assigned district to maximize revenue and ROI. Managed multiple crews of painters in ensuring they have the adequate amount of materials to get job done. Learned about exterior and interior painting and how to properly sell our services.
Perfect Summer Job
Job Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 3, 2017
This was a perfect summer job for a kid who was looking to work while in school. The pay was good, I was given a good amount of responsibility and support
Fun outdoor workplace with friends!
Jobsite Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work would be outdoors painting with friends on my crew. I learned great marketing and management skills that will help me in future job applications. The manager was very flexible with hours and understanding. The workplace culture was young and enthusiastic as we are all college students. The hardest part of the job is being outdoors all day, but it is also the most enjoyable part of the job!
March 31, 2017

Thanks for your awesome review. We couldn't agree more! Spending the day outside with friends sounds like a great summer job!

Franchisee
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 28, 2017
Expect to work. I do not mean it as a bad thing. It takes a lot of tenacity and focus to do well in this business. You need to be able to plan ahead and anticipate what obstacles could be ahead of you as far as building up or clients and balancing overhead and cost to run your business and survive yourself.
March 31, 2017

Peoria - thank you for the honest review. College Pro is definitely not for everyone and you have to own it all when your run your own business!

fun with friends
Painter (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 27, 2017
it was fun working for college pro. but when it was time to get paid it took way to long to get our checks. the job over all was easy but some days was just really hot.
Pros
good pay
Cons
didn't get paid on time
March 31, 2017

We're glad you found it a fun summer job! However, we do apologize that you were not paid on time. Your Franchise Owner (the person that hired you) is in charge of paying his/her workers and should be paying you fairly and on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Pro. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval