College Station Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun and energetic place to work
Certified Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Enjoyable work days and educational due to new wound care doctor and even learned new hyperbaric material even after attending the international atmo hyperbaric technician course.
Great learning experience!
Telemetry Technician/ Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 29, 2016
One of the best area hospitals. Staff is knowledgeable and willing to teach. Patients are cared for and honored. Some many great learning moments and considered a positive experience.
Some aspects of this job were very harsh.
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I worked with many different Providers, in many different specialties. It was quite interesting to see how different Providers care for different patients.
Great experience
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at College Station Family Medicine starts out with patient's arriving at 8am and stays at a constant flow. I learned a lot about what I will be doing as a Medical Assistant in a doctors office and that excites me. The management team is very professional, the co-workers are great teachers and back each other up. The hardest part of the job would be explaining to patients things that are out of our control. The most enjoyable is getting to learn about our patients each and every other day.
Great place to work and get great experience in the medical field
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 7, 2015
Working here has it's ups and downs; you can be busy, then your swamped, then nothing, and then busy again. The work load is constantly changing, and some of the work is easy where other parts are very challenging. The crew that I work with is great, we all seem to get a long and focus on the patient. The most difficult part of my job is probably seeing people in pain or worse, which comes with the territory. Yet, we also get to help these people and sometimes just giving them a friendly smile and being easy to communicate with can help so much. There is so much to do here and you are continuously learning and getting new experiences.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Being on call
good
Radiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 7, 2015
good I have been here for years and hope to stay and grow in my field. The people I work with are great and I love that we all get along so well.
great place to work people friendly
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 18, 2015
I learn a lot from my experience working for the Medical Center. I was a PRN so I could float to other departments like lab, PBX Box, main admissions and mammo.
Worderful work place
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 15, 2015
Excellent place to work, good work enviorment, friendly people, loved all the patient interaction and also had a great learning experience.
Exceptional opportunities
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 17, 2015
I have enjoyed my experience here, knowledgeable staff, many opportunities. Have learned EEG's, EKG's, PFT lab, ABG system and maintenance. ICU and great coworkers.
Learning experience
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 26, 2014
Great place to work/ taught me the fundamentals of nursing/ able to work with different nationalities/ appreciate the fruits of hard work/enjoyed the camaraderie between co workers and administrators/ supports personal and professional growth
Pros
GREAT SUPERVISORS
Cons
EXPENSIVE INSURANCE
Average Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 16, 2014
Management was dysfunctional. Co workers were typical women with lot of gossip. I just stuck to myself and did my job.
Pros
Using their hospital waives your deductible for your own medical needs
Cons
quite unorganized
Small hospital where you can learn a lot.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 7, 2014
The other Respiratory staff are all very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Working with experienced physicians and Respiratory Therapist
Cons
LOW VOLUME
Enjoyable company to work for but need a full time position.
Physician Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Enjoyable company to work for but need a full time position.
Cons
Currently working part time and need a full time position.
Good job to have
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 18, 2014
Paperwork is your life here. It's not hard once you get the system down though. The people are great and the environment is a rushed one. Time passes quickly.
Pros
There is always something to do
Cons
Customers thin they have the most emergent problem
Productive and fun work environment. Wonderful physicians to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  College StationJuly 21, 2014
- a typical work day consisted of taking care of patients needs per provider request, and personal secretary to physician
-I learned new things every day because there was always a new bone break that walked through the door.
-Co-workers were very pleasant to work with and never had a problem with anyone because I am a neutral person.
-The hardest part of this job was accepting when one of our elderly patients passed during an extensive surgical procedure. (Mostly E.R. Patients)
-The most enjoyable part of the job was my relationship with the physician. We never butted heads and always were pleasant to each other.
Pros
free lunches with drug representatives
Cons
The MED takes a while to get back with employees on requests.
never boring
Birth Registrar/HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  college station, texasJanuary 17, 2014
I love seeing the baby and learning all the different and unusual names. I was learning how to work in medical records which was never boring always new things to do. Always things to file, organize, create.
Pros
not much customer service involved
Cons
High focus on productivity, but mandatory flexing off schedule when census drops.
Full Time Acute and Rehabilitation Therapist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 14, 2014
A great place to work, good & qualified therapists in various stages of careers.

Good Director, sometimes too strict and too productivity focused, cuts hours or flexes off staff frequently.

Not a stable position with any security that you will get your 40 week.
Significant reduction in workforce in place, making meeting your personal debts impossible at times. No advancement or upward mobility available, even if that was the premise of employment expectations initially.
Pros
Make your own schedule for the day and weekends.
Cons
Insecurity of work hours, such as a significant loss in pay due to flexing off schedule due to census.
Great staff but management was lacking
Consultant Analyst (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 25, 2013
The staff was wonderful to work for and were willing to form a splendid support network. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the leadership and their unwillingness to accept innovations and suggestions for improvements.
very stressful job, worked long hours, too much unprofessionalism between employees.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 9, 2013
Counted money drawer, pick up new Dr. orders for patients, unlocked doors and let patients in office. Greeted each patient and registered patient for service, collected money for service after verifying insurance, after forms signed, patient is sent on their way to where they need to go. When not busy with patient, we call and pre-register patient over the phone and set up account for them and place folder in cart. At end of day, count drawer, add up money collected and fill out report and give cash drawer and money to cashier. Each department is different in patient flow. Day Surgery was very busy in the early morning for 4 to 6 hours. Outpatient was very busy all day. Admissions usually occurred after patient came in for outpatient services and then admitted Direct admits usually came in the afternoon after 4pm. The patient flow in ER depends on the weather, sesonal flu,football games, accidents and airlife transfers from or to another hospital.
Pros
learned a lot, loved helping people, felt needed and important
Cons
state that you can advanc, I had medical record department wantng to hire me, went to school for it and when department head over med record csalled supervisor, he decline the transfer.
review summary
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 6, 2013
Loved my fellow staff nurses, and my immediate supervisor. I grew as a staff nurse, found comfort that my fellow nurses would collaborate with me as I did with them. Management for the most part were supportive and explanined their position when able to. The hardest part was just being stuck in the middle of different differences of opinion between doctors, administratior or anyone else who was fueding at any time. For the most part the organization was pleasureable to work for.
Pros
supportive fellow staff and immediate supervisor
Cons
occassional hostile work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Station Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

College Station Medical Center Reviews by Location