College Station Medical Center

College Station Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

LEARNING EXPERIENCE
RN, BSN (Current Employee), TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: expensive insurance
GREAT PLACE TO WORK/ TAUGHT ME THE FUNDAMENTALS OF NURSING/ ABLE TO WORK WITH DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES/ APPRECIATE THE FRUITS OF HARD WORK/ENJOYED THE CAMARADERIE BETWEEN CO WORKERS AND ADMINISTRATORS/ SUPPORTS PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
Average Job
Receptionist (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: using their hospital waives your deductible for your own medical needs
Cons: quite unorganized
Management was dysfunctional. Co workers were typical women with lot of gossip. I just stuck to myself and did my job.
Small hospital where you can learn a lot.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: working with experienced physicians and respiratory therapist
Cons: low volume
The other Respiratory staff are all very helpful and friendly.
Enjoyable company to work for but need a full time position.
Physician Office Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Cons: currently working part time and need a full time position.
Enjoyable company to work for but need a full time position.
Good job to have
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: there is always something to do
Cons: customers thin they have the most emergent problem
Paperwork is your life here. It's not hard once you get the system down though. The people are great and the environment is a rushed one. Time passes quickly.
Productive and fun work environment. Wonderful physicians to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), College StationJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches with drug representatives
Cons: the med takes a while to get back with employees on requests.
- a typical work day consisted of taking care of patients needs per provider request, and personal secretary to physician
-I learned new things every day because there was always a new bone break that walked through the door.
-Co-workers were very pleasant to work with and never had a problem with anyone because I am a neutral person.
-The hardest part of this job was accepting when one of our elderly patients passed during an extensive surgical procedure. (Mostly E.R. Patients)
-The most enjoyable part of the job was my relationship with the physician. We never butted heads and always were pleasant to each other.
never boring
Birth Registrar/HIM Clerk (Current Employee), college station, texasJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: not much customer service involved
I love seeing the baby and learning all the different and unusual names. I was learning how to work in medical records which was never boring always new things to do. Always things to file, organize, create.
High focus on productivity, but mandatory flexing off schedule when census drops.
Full Time Acute and Rehabilitation Therapist (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule for the day and weekends.
Cons: insecurity of work hours, such as a significant loss in pay due to flexing off schedule due to census.
A great place to work, good & qualified therapists in various stages of careers.

Good Director, sometimes too strict and too productivity focused, cuts hours or flexes off staff frequently.

Not a stable position with any security that you will get your 40 week.
Significant reduction in workforce in place, making meeting your personal debts impossible at times. No advancement or upward mobility available, even if that was the premise of employment expectations initially.
Great staff but management was lacking
Consultant Analyst (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 25, 2013
The staff was wonderful to work for and were willing to form a splendid support network. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the leadership and their unwillingness to accept innovations and suggestions for improvements.
very stressful job, worked long hours, too much unprofessionalism between employees.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), College Station, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: learned a lot, loved helping people, felt needed and important
Cons: state that you can advanc, i had medical record department wantng to hire me, went to school for it and when department head over med record csalled supervisor, he decline the transfer.
Counted money drawer, pick up new Dr. orders for patients, unlocked doors and let patients in office. Greeted each patient and registered patient for service, collected money for service after verifying insurance, after forms signed, patient is sent on their way to where they need to go. When not busy with patient, we call and pre-register patient over the phone and set up account for them and place folder in cart. At end of day, count drawer, add up money collected and fill out report and give cash drawer and money to cashier. Each department is different in patient flow. Day Surgery was very busy in the early morning for 4 to 6 hours. Outpatient was very busy all day. Admissions usually occurred after patient came in for outpatient services and then admitted Direct admits usually came in the afternoon after 4pm. The patient flow in ER depends on the weather, sesonal flu,football games, accidents and airlife transfers from or to another hospital.
review summary
registered nurse (Former Employee), College Station, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: supportive fellow staff and immediate supervisor
Cons: occassional hostile work environment
Loved my fellow staff nurses, and my immediate supervisor. I grew as a staff nurse, found comfort that my fellow nurses would collaborate with me as I did with them. Management for the most part were supportive and explanined their position when able to. The hardest part was just being stuck in the middle of different differences of opinion between doctors, administratior or anyone else who was fueding at any time. For the most part the organization was pleasureable to work for.
Great benefits. Poor management
Sleep tech (Former Employee), College StationJune 27, 2013
Pros: works with your schedule. high pay.
Cons: management is disrespectful. hours not reliable. no compassion towards staff.
Great doctors to work with. Excellent patient care. High quality control.

Difficult work environment because of high stress levels of management.
Surgical Tech
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 4, 2013
Pros: met "a" great friend there!
Cons: rude environment, and back stabbing!
Only worked here for a short time. Induction to the OR could not have been worse! Rude co-workers and short in help. Not a team environment. Lots of work, which was good, very low pay, but call was phenomenal! Great area to live in
Very unorganized, political, unsafe place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), College Station, TXMarch 24, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: management
Expect to work 4 or more shifts per week and we are basically told we have no choice when your FT. I learned how to care for a lot of different patient populations, but not a specialized hospital at all so not able to specialize yourself in a critical care area. The management has different agendas than patient care staff. They say safety is a priority, but then constantly make bad staffing decisions that are not safe for the patient. I love my fellow coworkers on my shift. Our department training is a joke, so some people are not safe to be on their own, but they are, per management. The hardest part of my job is having to prioritize my patients when there is not enough staff to get everything done. It breaks my heart when I have to choose. Also it has become increasingly difficult to tolerate the nurses that don't have enough common sense to look at their patient before they call our department. The best part about my job is helping my patients get better and watching them improve. I have also built many friendships here and enjoy working with fun people.
A good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), College Station, TXMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks or no breaks happens more often than not
The day starts at 0600 in preop. After doing the preop of one or two patients I go over to the PACU side which is where the Step Down rooms are located. I open up the Out Patient book and the rooms to make sure they are ready for the day and are stocked for patient use. Then I take a quick break if time allows and begin sending patients home as soon as the PACU nurses give them to me. There are 3 Out Patient nurses every day depending on the OR schedule. It can be very fast paced, but we all enjoy our work so the day goes by quickly.
Enjoy my job; and the hours.
Infection Control/Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee), College Station, TXJune 23, 2012
Pros: work hours; working independently; educating employees
Cons: extremely busy, need more help to do this job well. my pay wage for all the responsibility i have.
A typical day for me would be making rounds throughout the hospital, making sure that the employees and staff are working in a safe environment and following all infection control guidelines per policy. Review microbiology reports, looking for any type of infectious diseases, and making sure that patients are in the right type of isolation if needed. Reporting to the Health Department and the NHSN. Attending meetings. Giving TST's to new employees and annually providing these as well as influenza vaccines, and any other immunizations needed. Keeping accurate records on approximately 600-700 employees. OSHA log. Sending injuried employees to the necessary physicians as needed. Reporting to our insurance company, and following up with the employees when they are off duty due to injuries. The hardest part of the job, it is extremely busy, and I find myself unable to stay on top of all the paperwork. It is too much for one person to do all these duties and do them well. I do enjoy my job very much, but it is becoming more stressful and this hospital is growing and adding more clinics off campus from the hospital, which I am also responsible for overseeing. The most enjoyable part of the job, is that I do get to know the employees on a personal level, and work well with them. I enjoy doing the New Employee Orientation and teaching them about Infection Control because I am very passionate about this!
Good place to work, if you are a hard worker.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), College Station, TXMay 24, 2012
I have learned a lot with this hospital. I found that I like to do robotics and even though I have 17 years of experience I still have a lot to learn