College Station Medical Center Employee Reviews

Gossip oriented
Medical office specialist (Former Employee) –  Physicians PracticeDecember 26, 2017
The Physicians were friendly and very nice to work with, however, management was poor, cut throat and substandard. Most of the Coworkers were gossipy and did not have your back.
Pros
Stable environment on and off
Cons
Management lack of fairness & judgment
Patient care
Assist Patients w/General/Medical needs (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 24, 2017
Love working with all patients based on various medical conditions the work was not hard it was not a stressful job the work culture was of all ethnic groups.
stressful
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 19, 2017
the pay does not match the responsibility , the equipment is old and a lot of the work is done the cheapest way possible.you are responsible for life safety equipment that is taken care at a fly-by mentality.
Pros
learned a lot from co-workers
Cons
micro management
Great small hospital.
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 14, 2017
Wonderful family culture, but not much diversity in upper management. Nice city, college town. Hospital recently upgraded ADT software so some processes are quicker now.
family oriented
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I learned billing and coding. I learned prep procedures and medical terminology. The hardest part of my job was dealing with new management. The most enjoyable part was interacting with patients.
Pros
good pay, set hours
Cons
management
LOVED working here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 18, 2017
I loved working here! I learned so much from the nurses, administrators, pharmacy staff, and IT department to name a few. You feel like you are part of a family and it was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
The pay
Good
Emergency Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 4, 2017
Great administrative staff! Most difficult part of the job was how to improve and establish a cohesive group willing to dedicate time to the betterment of the facility.
Pros
Great Administrative Staff
Cons
Difficult workplace culture
Checking in patients in the emergency department.
Registration/Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 25, 2017
Working in the emergency department is a very fast paced environment, not only do we check in emergency patients, we check in labor patients, sleep labs, ref labs, activate surgical accounts and do other clerical duties.
Pros
We get to experience many different things, learn a lot about what happens in the ER
Cons
Working with others that are not big team players, but you work around it and make things happen
Good working environment
Registrar front desk ER (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 21, 2017
I enjoy the working environment the people who work there are pleasant. My management was disorganized. That is the reason i am looking for a new job.
I only volunteered there
Student Volunteer in Surgical Oncology (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 3, 2017
volunteered for a few weeks. they were nice. its been a long time. This doesn't even make sense that I'm having to write a review because i was not an employee.
Fun Workplace
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 1, 2017
Love the doctors ,good environment ,I learned a lot, they change managers way to much. A typical day at work is fun and I am all ways learning something new.
Hoorible!!
Wound Care Technician/Medical (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 24, 2017
They only care about what they can benefit from. I attended meetings with management staff and witnessed laughing at patients, sub-standard treatment, etc.
Laid off 3 months after hiring me.
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 18, 2017
I lost my hiring bonus when they decided to dissolve my position just 3 months after hiring me. Small hospital, but can be stressful to be the only RT in a hospital of any size!
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
You could be the only RT working the ICU and the ED simultaneously
Love being a volunteer here!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 3, 2017
I volunteer at the Med and I love it! Have been here a short amount of time but all the nurses are so welcoming and nice. I hope one day to start my career in nursing here.
Bussy and fun working place
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 20, 2017
Working there was enjoyable most of the time there we pretty much were trouble shooting the basic of things and if it didn't work then it would be replaced.
Not the best place to work.
CT/RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 6, 2017
This place has very poor overall with unstable management. Facility is not well kept. It was very dirty all around. They kept cutting hours and did not care about their employees.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short staffed, no advancement
Fun and energetic place to work
Certified Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Enjoyable work days and educational due to new wound care doctor and even learned new hyperbaric material even after attending the international atmo hyperbaric technician course.
Great learning experience!
Telemetry Technician/ Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 29, 2016
One of the best area hospitals. Staff is knowledgeable and willing to teach. Patients are cared for and honored. Some many great learning moments and considered a positive experience.
Some aspects of this job were very harsh.
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I worked with many different Providers, in many different specialties. It was quite interesting to see how different Providers care for different patients.
Great experience
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at College Station Family Medicine starts out with patient's arriving at 8am and stays at a constant flow. I learned a lot about what I will be doing as a Medical Assistant in a doctors office and that excites me. The management team is very professional, the co-workers are great teachers and back each other up. The hardest part of the job would be explaining to patients things that are out of our control. The most enjoyable is getting to learn about our patients each and every other day.