College Summit

College Summit Employer Reviews

Community based organization with a great purpose
Community Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2013
This was a non profit organization that was centered around providing an outlet for inner city kids to transition from High School to College by letting them go to summer workshops. It was a great experience working with the kids and the employees as well.
Encouraging, nurturing environment
Alumni Coordinator/Rap Director Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 13, 2012
Helping inner city youth understand their worth in this world. Encouaging them to be more than a statistic. Fascilitating group discussions on life and how to make positive changes.
challenging and good experience
Alumni Leader (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 13, 2012
Pros: free room and board. free time to relax and explore.
Cons: long hours from 8am-12am
I worked with 50-60 High School students during both 3 day workshop. The whole program objective was to encourage inner city students to go to college and showing them the available resources to fund their college education. I got to help students with advice related to college since I myself am a college student. The manager was fair and encouraging. – more... Most of the time me and coworkers were trusted to work alone with the teens and lead them in the next college related activity. I enjoyed getting to know the teens at the workshop that I still keep in contact today. – less
Productive, organized, fun work environment
Workshop Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2012
I really enjoyed working for College Summit. There is so much opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally. The staff is very supportive of ideas, thoughts, and feedback. The students in the program were awesome. This was a great opportunity!
Family Style Workplace
Rap Director (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: everchanging, evolving work
Cons: politics
A typical day in College Summit consists of long hours, yet rewarding, exhilirating, emotional, tumultuous and unforgettable. Working to create a college going culture in urban cities across the country is the most satisfying work ever. Doing it for a company that lives up to its mission statement is more than a bonus. Spinning perspective for a room – more... full of hopeful teenagers with the world at the tip of the fingers can be unnerving because you must first take the possiblity walk that you're now inviting them to take. College Summit places as much into its staff as it does it students. So, the managment style is personable yet professional and fair. Being paired with a team of people whose mission is the same as yours is easy work-there are some challenges when ideas aren't agreeable but one thing the company has done well is to keep its staff memorable of the mission such that professional things aren't taken personally. The hardes part of the job is giving when you feel you don't have more to give and the most rewarding part of the job is seeing that 1st generational student go on to benchmark success for his/her family by completing high schoo and going on to complete a college education. Overcoming such obstacles for many of these students before College Summit never seemed possible but afterwards well they become their proof. – less
Working for College Summit is always an amazing experience!
Alumni Leader (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 10, 2012
College Summit was an amazing experience when I was a student & its an even more rewarding experience being able to come and give back to the program as a member of the staff! one word that best describes the work of college summit is IMPACT!
College Readiness
Certified Youth Facilitator (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job were to see so many youth saying "I want to college and I am ready to be informed." Being apart of an organization that changes the lives of youth on a daily basis is awesome to me.
Work with amazing students
Director of College Counseling, Nationwide (Former Employee), NationwideMay 2, 2012
Pros: student advising
Cons: long days
College preparatory program designed to help first generation students attend college. Intense 3 day workshops located across the United States. A good opportunity to increase skills in counseling and college admission.
Very awesome work experience.
Alumni Leader (Current Employee), all over CaliforniaApril 23, 2012
It taught me so much about life, youth, and giving back. We work with under privileged youth and prepare them for college. its a 4 day over night shift on a college campus where we live in dorms and host workshops.
Very fun and when on the field your looking at long nights and early mornings,but its all worth it if you have your heart in it.
Alumni Leader (Former Employee), New York, New YorkNovember 29, 2011
Pros: travel to different college campuses, teenagers
Cons: long days
I love working for this company. They make you feel like family. A very strong mission for this company that I feel will effect the whole world one day. If you want to make a difference in someones life then working for College Summit is a place for you.