College Works Painting

College Works Painting Employee Reviews

Not my favorite place to intern for the first time
Branch Manager Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
This job takes too much time and dedication to complete. I feel that it was not worth my time and wallet. Mainly wallet, since you are never compensated for the effort you put in until you actually finish paint jobs.
Great challenge with great rewards
District Manager (Current Employee), Kings Park, NYMay 15, 2015
Pros: Skills
Cons: No guarantee of income
College works gives motivated college age kids the opportunity, investment, training, and insurance to run and grow their own company. The potential income is great if you work hard, but the skills that come along with the job are far greater. Company culture is great.
Hands on Experience that Will Help You for a LIfetime
Branch Manager (Former Employee), MinneapolisMay 11, 2015
Pros: Incredible experience, good pay, awesome culture
Cons: challenging program, long hours
This internship is probably the most challenging yet rewarding one out there. You will learn all there is to know about how to run a business starting from the marketing to the sales, from hiring and staffing, to project management. You won't find a better internship to immerse you on how businesses or organizations work.

The leadership opportunity provided in this internship is nearly unmatchable. You are molded into a leader every single day. Part of that includes managing employees and customer expectations, but also leading other members of your intern team and being a positive influence on others.

I recommend this internship hands down for anyone who truly wants to make a name for him/herself. Buckle up for a fun ride and you won't regret it!
Productive workplace with a great coworker
Lead Paint Sprayer (Former Employee), Boise, IdahoMay 6, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of speaking to homeowners to see what they would like to have achieved for the painting job. Masking windows and pressure washing the home in preparation for paint made the days go by fast because of the busy environment.

My co-worker was great, however the management from the company was pretty poor. Employees were hardly taken care of and supplies were always being ran out of or were in horrible shape because the lack of funding the management wanted to give.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the hard work. I say that because the harder you work that quicker your days are. I would say the interaction between employee and homeowner was great too!
nope
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: nope
it was terrible. my dm was bad, the vp was bad and the ceos werent all that. it was the biggest waste of time and no all that effort got me nowhere
Hard work but well worth it
local branch manager (Current Employee), Clarkston, MIApril 28, 2015
Pros: control of your schedule
Cons: all cons are negligible
In the beginning it took me three weeks to catch up to my peers but now I'm one of the top in the state. By no means am I the most intelligent or most efficient worker on the team but if you put in the effort you will get amazing results that will change how you think about business and yourself. I consider myself somewhat emotional which brought me way down but with the help of the huge support group and amazing culture above me I was able to achieve goals I would of never would have believed came from me just a few months ago. Great new friends, possible future business partners and a totally new idea of what business is like is what I got to experience. Absolutely recommend for those who want to better themselves in a multitude of areas that you wouldn't expect.
Rewarding job with opportunities to advance
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Arlington HeightsApril 28, 2015
The internship program was designated for college age students looking to run their own start up company and learn entrepreneurial skills. The potential to make money is quite high, much better than a regular minimum wage job, because workers are paid based off their worth. A typical day at work could range from cold calls, marketing, networking, sales presentations (estimates) or running and operating a crew of workers. The hardest part of the job was managing the frequent trips between school and my hometown, as a large majority of the work was set up on weekends during the school year. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much knowledge I learned and the amount of growth I saw myself have.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 23, 2015
Pros: Management, communication, time management, and basic business skills
Cons: difficult to balance with a social life
This job has been one of the hardest things I have done in my entire life, but I would not trade it for anything. I have gained so many useful skills that will always help me with my work and personal life. I don't know of any other company that would let me run my own business as a college student with no risk to me.
An effective program that develops young entrepreneurs and prepares them to be successful after college.
District Manager (Current Employee), Manchester, CTApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free business and life training, guest speakers from a variety of fields (last year someone from Boston Red Sox came in), emphasis on time-management skills, most development comes from a relationship established with you and your District Manager, CEO's and VPs of the company all lead frequent trainings and are easily accessible
Cons: The program is challenging and requires drive and determination
The program provides hard-working, and self-driven individuals with the opportunity to gain real-world business skills. Rather than sitting in an office over the summer or working an hourly part-time job, you have the opportunity to run a small business. In a short period of time, you see what it takes to get something started from the ground up without investing anything or taking on any of the real "risk" of running a business. By doing the program, you surround yourself with other ambitious individuals and will make connections that will last the rest of your life. I almost took a corporate internship with the Hartford or the Aetna, but I am glad I chose to do this program. Rather than sitting making cold calls or crunching numbers, I got to strategize how I wanted to get my business started and actually do the marketing and sales. And anytime I was stuck, I had my district manager, who I worked closely with, to bounce ideas off of and seek after for advice. If you are satisfied with sitting in an office all summer and merely watching an office run, then choose a corporate internship. But if you want to challenge yourself and leave a program feeling confident and prepared to be successful in business and life, this is the type of program you are looking for. And for those who want an opportunity for growth and advancement, all of the people running the company were at one point interns. Some of the most successful business people I know out of college are still acting as managers of different divisions of the company.
Strict, yet very fun workplace with a great boss!
Seasonal Painter (Former Employee), Indiana, PAApril 14, 2015
Pros: hours, pay, teamwork, outdoor workplace
Cons: working environment temperatures, rain
Learned how to excel with customer service and sell paint. I was on a team of three and I was in charge of getting the houses painted with a performance based pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outdoors, the least enjoyable part of the job was getting sent home because of rain!
Challenging and fun work experiance
Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CA ( New York subsection)April 10, 2015
Working with College Work Painting, was a very challenging and energetic work experience. Managing my own paint company for a few months, was a daunting and hard task. With the help of the supervisors i was able to grow and expand my skills into customer service, employer to employee relationships. The supervisors made the experience fun and worthwhile.
Challenging and success driven experience
Safety Inspector/Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
I learned more about communication, organizational, time management, marketing, and managerial skills than I ever thought I would.
Hard work that pays off
Branch Manager/intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 18, 2015
In this job you get out what you put in, so I decided to give it my all. Most demanding job I've had to date, worked purely on commission.
great company culture and skill development
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine CaliforniaMarch 17, 2015
Pros: fun activities, payed, networking, experience, self management, life
Cons: time consuming, challenging
College Works has been an amazing experience. Everything from the people you work with, to the skills that you gain from this experience is indescribable. I learned everything from leadership to communication. Learned how to talk to people, manage my time, and problem solve. It was definitely a challenge and hard work but it pays off and at the end you will have over came so much and made huge strides in both business and life.
Amazing yet challenging experience, nonetheless !
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, great people, flexible hours
Cons: Can entail a lot of driving
College Works Painting has not only been an extremely challenging experience, but also a rewarding one. Learning and expanding skills regarding communication, leadership, work ethic, and balance are only a few of many obtained while doing the program. Along with the struggle and hardship that you are faced with in growing your first business from the ground up, perservering through and seeing success in the end is a feeling hard to match. Overall College Works Painting has changed my life and made a better person because it has helped me discover what I am I truly capable of. While I did describe it as challenging, opportunites in life that are the most challenging are also the ones most worth it in the end.
Best experience yet!
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), CaliMarch 17, 2015
Pros: experience, people, leadership, money management, great skill builder, atmosphere, fun events
Cons: balance, pay
My college works experience has been phenomenal. I've learnt more from working with this company in 1-2 years then I have in all 12-13 years of school combined. The person I am today is all because of my college works experience and I would of never thought I'd be able to be where I am today at such a young age. By being able to work with college works I have been able to gain real world skills in communication, leadership, and management as well as a number of other things. The resume that I now have compared to the resume I had prior to this internship is a 100 times better then I thought it would ever be. The confidence I have gained from this experience so far has exceeded my expectations in all areas and I feel like I can conquer any sort of challenge that comes my way. The exec team is great and they implement some great techniques to teach in all aspects of life not just in business which is really beneficial. The internship is definitely incredibly difficult but at the same time is also extremely rewarding. It's a lot of hard work and is also quite a commitment but at the end of the day its all worth it. The company has an awesome culture and there's a ton of fun events that happen throughout the internship. Its also really cool to meet a bunch of people who are just as ambitious as you are and you get to create some great relationships with people around the company. The internship is certainly not for everyone and certainly not for the person aiming to be the average. There's just a select few who do really well at the internship and it all comes down to work ethic, perseverance, and being able to grasp new concepts with ease. Many don't make it to the finish line but for those who do all whole new set of doors open for the future. I had a blast and wouldn't trade my college works experience for anything!
One of the most life changing things I have ever done
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento CaliforniaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: company culture, experience
Cons: nothing in particular
College Works changed my life. It challenged and showed me how to be successful. No other internship can offer you this experience and teach you about business. The days were long and hard but so is the rest of your life. I learned more in this internship than my combined years of college. My favorite part of this internship was the company culture everyone was great and super supportive. I would definitely recommend any college student to do this internship regardless of major. The skills you learn here apply to your whole life.
One of the Most Difficult yet Life Changing Experiences
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 6, 2015
Don't expect running a business to be a piece of cake. If you are willing to put in the effort, it is one of the best experiences you can have. Not only do you boost your resume and learn several skills, but you also gain a lot of connections and a lot of confidence to take on other challenges. It will be rare to have the mentorship you have here in other companies.
One of the Most Difficult yet Life Changing Experiences
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 6, 2015
Overall
Intern/Branch Manager (Current Employee), FresnoMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with, building relationships, real-life skills
Cons: constantly working, compensation is during the summer, not enough sleep sometimes
College Works is definitely a unique place to work. It is a program that challenges many of your skills such as time management, organization, and communication. While it is challenging my coworkers are some of the best people to work with and the aura of the College Works environment is young and ambitious. I have learned many skills especially with time management, skill transfer, and customer service. While the environment is fun and challenging, I feel like the compensation is hardly worth it in the beginning. Sometimes working some other part-time job and getting a steady paycheck would be preferred because I'm still a college student that needs to continue paying off expenses and waiting until the summer for most of the profit is probably the hardest part.

1 2 3 4 5