College Works Painting

College Works Painting Employer Reviews

RESULTS BASED ENVIROMENT
Missouri Branch Manager (Internship) (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great learning experience, high pay potential, great managers
Cons: long hours
 Managed all startup aspects including interviewing, activities for generating revenue, and hiring for the painting company
 Sold painting projects through canvassing
 Posted job listings, interviewed, and managed marketing department as well as painters
 Managed payroll and accounting duties
 Visited job sites, managed schedules and kept open communications with clients
Painted houses
Painter (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: worked outside
Cons: inexperienced boss
I work on a fast efficient team painting the exterior walls of customers homes. From 7am to 6pm this last summer Ii collaboratively worked in a team of two or three.
Great management experience along with everyday skills
District Manager (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: incredible networks and great culture
Cons: very time consuming and a lot of driving while balancing school
I was in charge of interviewing, managing and teaching branch managers coming into the company as an intern. Ranging from going out in the field and actually showing how to do a certain part of the job to having weekly meetings and over the phone meetings three times a week to plan for the weekend where they would get most of their work done due to school during the week. I learned how to communicate with different types of personalities and how to motivate people differently depending on their personality.
Good position however not for everyone
Residential Account Executive (Former Employee), Long IslandJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: sketchy managment
Hard work and if you dont know much about painting do not even try, you will end up getting paid minimum wage for your work
Wealth of Knowledge
District Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: learn a ton
Cons: make no money
Learned how to build a business from the ground up.There were two different portions of the internship:
Spring and Summer.
Spring: attend "training" to learn how to sell/info abut painting and general structure of internship. Meet others interns. Learn script for going door to door to acquire homeowners names/numbers who are interested in painting and getting an estimate from you. Nighttime: gather in a classroom on campus three times per week during the semester and call through these numbers repeatedly. Weekends: spend all day going door to door trying to get as many leads as possible. Try to book upcoming weekend with estimates for clients. Mentor (DM) will teach you how to conduct a proper estimate/sell the job.
Summer: Attend one paint "training" where all interns get together and learn to paint on an unsuspecting persons home (they offer a discount to homeowner). Usually, a real company is called to fix the mistakes made on person's home. Schedule your clients painting projects. Put up ads on Craigslist to find people willing to work for $8 per hour as painters. Hire as many as possible, fire painters who are no good. The ones who are good usually quit after seeing first paycheck. Hire more painters. Repeat process bi-weekly until summer is over.
Sell and produce over $60,000 and go to CANCUN with other interns.

Most enjoyable part: Learning the responsibility of running a business. Thickening skin dealing with stress and angry clients/painters. Hardest part: painting the projects and finding painters who will work for dirt cheap. Fun part= selling jobs and hanging out with fellow interns.
Great learning experience.
Cons:You will not earn the money you were told you would. Nothing is ever as it is on the BROCHURE. CWP takes wayyyyy too much for overhead costs (40 cents on the dollar). The remaining 60 is left to pay for material, pay painters, and profit for intern. Usually the labor takes the majority of the 60%.
Challenging but rewarding internship opportunity
Entrepreneur/ Local Branch Manager (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 29, 2014
Internship opportunity for college students. Demands a lot of hours, but provides students with applied knowledge of business tactics and skills.Management and co-workers are very helpful and want you to succeed. Will not be profitable unless you put time and effort into creating a successful business.
College Summer Job
Painter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2014
College interns set up appointments with customers in the winter. During the summer the jobs were completed and the workers were giving a slotted amount of time to complete of project.
Rigorous Management Experience
Franchise Owner/Manager (Former Employee), Utah County, UtahNovember 26, 2014
College Works Painting allowed me to own and operate my own residential house painting franchise. Through coaching, I hired, trained, and developed a marketing team to accelerate sales, then scheduled and managed four painters to maximize job production.

In my branch, I personally oversaw the home renovation process of over 15 clients with 100% satisfaction rate.
Good position however not for everyone
Residential Account Executive (Former Employee), Long IslandNovember 26, 2014
Pros: pay (if you make the time they give you), experience, similar to running your own business.
Cons: proj. managers have no experience/ not even insured to work, hard to split time between painting a whole house while marketing to other houses.
The biggest thing with this job is that you must have a team who is good at marketing and at least one true painter. The company gives you hours that it "should" take to paint the house, if you make the time you will be getting paid great; Unfortunately if you go over your time you will receive minimum wage. I loved the experience but the company is a little sneaky and doesn't make it that easy to succeed.
Excellent Experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2014
College Works Painting was an excellent experience. I was forced to work harder than I have ever worked before. I believe that I became a much harder and determined worker because of College Works.
Challenging. Rewarding. Exceptional experience.
Branch manager & District Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoOctober 10, 2014
Pros: cancun, vegas, rafting, skydiving, paintballing, management, leadership
Cons: super challenging, some difficult clients, awful painters, etc
Through this internship I was able to open up more than I ever was able to before. I learned the ins and outs of marketing, sales skills, management, profit management, hiring, firing, and client relations. Through the spring you focus on marketing your business as well as sales and building up your clientele. During the summer you are able to learn how to hire, fire, manage and run crews while focusing on exceptional customer service. I was able to run an 80,000 business my first year and $104,000 my second year. I learned so many valuable skills while having fun too! I went skydiving, paintballing, white water rafting, as well as two trips to Cancun Mexico. As a District manager I was able to manage and teach 20-30 students how to run their own businesses and train them to be successful. As a DM I also was able to go on business trips to Orange County and Las Vegas to learn how to be a more effective leader. I was able to earn one of the national quality awards and was in the running for one of the Manager of the year awards.
Awesome place to work and grow skills needed for life
Branch manager (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 10, 2014
Pros: good money, free schedule, fun atmosphere
Cons: hard work, long days
I had an awesome experience with College Works! N doubt, it was absolutely the most difficult thing that I have ever done, but getting through the program has taught me more about myself and the real world than any other experience would have. The compensation is great, i made more money than i would have ever even really imagined, but it you have to work hard for it. The hardest part of the job for me was making sure that my clients and I kept in touch, and that the quality of the job was good enough for the client to be happy about. Training painters to have the quality and care that i would have put into a job was tough for me. Overall I'm coming back with the company for another year and possibly more to come because I've learned so much and I really like working for college works.
You'll work your butt off to make them money
Branch Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2014
REALLY don't like these these guys!! They put you through heck and get paid for your sweat, blood, and tears. The only way you make it if you can sell like a champ and find the best painters in the county who will work for next to nothing.... not easy!
Innovative Environment
Intern / Branch Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2014
Conducted sales and marketing. Hired and Managed employees during the production period.
Internship worth doing!!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: connections, experience, resume builder, having support
Cons: long hours
This internship is most likely the best decision I had in my life. It is very challenging and teaches you so many different skills needed to be successful in life. If you are someone up for a hands-on challenge that will help you later on in life, then this is the program for you. A typical work day consists of marketing, bidding contracts, hiring employees, managing income and expenses, and how to handle situations you will only experience when you are in the work force. I learned how to implement a marketing plan, sales, project management, and finding the employees that represent yourself. The people you work with throughout internship are only their to help you succeed, and want to see you succeed. My hardest experience in this internship was learning how to have a customer feel comfortable enough to sign with you, which is also the best feeling! The most enjoying part of this internship were the payrolls. The companies motto is " Work Hard, Play Hard, Have Fun!" after payroll the DM's,GM's, and the VP take you out to events such as paint balling,dinners, and white water rafting!! this internship really expands your horizon! I would diffidently recommend this internship to anyone who wants leadership experience, hand-on learning, and up for a challenge!
Unbelievable experience
Intern/Branch Manager (Current Employee), New JerseySeptember 10, 2014
Pros: learn all aspects of business managment
Cons: full life commitment
I have found out so much about myself that I didnt even know. I have been taught by my DM and VP how to create success all on my own. I have successfully ran my own painting company through the training and mentorship of College Works Painting.
Not what I expected
Painter (Former Employee), Athens, GAJuly 17, 2014
In the Interview I was told that I would be working 40hrs a week making $8-10/hr but I never worked 40hrs and my checks were minimum wage.
Sales
VP of Sales (Former Employee), fort collins coJuly 17, 2014
 Hired, trained, and managed an eight employee branch
 Handled all customer complaints
 Designed and implemented successful marketing program
 Revenues exceeding $150k
 Quality Manager of the Year Award Recipient
 Manager of the Year Award Recipient
 Completed sales year in top 5%
Not Great not Terrible
Painter (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 13, 2014
Pros: long lunch, great people
Cons: heat, certain clients, some management
My experience at College Works Painting was both positive and negative. A day at work would start at 8:00 a.m. sharp and we would contact the client to paint his house. We operated machinery from a power washer to a Paint Sprayer. We also had to work in the summer heat but that did not phase us too much. I learned many things about painting. My manager was fairly new and inexperienced which caused a very ineffective work place. The Hardest part of the job was dealing with an ineffective manager who hasn't had anything planned out. The best part of the job is working with the clients
Great Job for entrepreneur
Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: if succesful one could make good money
Cons: very hard to do well
This is a terrible job because I had no supervision. The person who I reported to went to school at A&M and I was in Dallas. No support with little training.

1 2 3 4 5