College Works Painting

College Works Painting Employer Reviews

Challenging and success driven experience
Safety Inspector/Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
I learned more about communication, organizational, time management, marketing, and managerial skills than I ever thought I would.
Hard work that pays off
Branch Manager/intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 18, 2015
In this job you get out what you put in, so I decided to give it my all. Most demanding job I've had to date, worked purely on commission.
Best experience yet!
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), CaliMarch 17, 2015
Pros: experience, people, leadership, money management, great skill builder, atmosphere, fun events
Cons: balance, pay
My college works experience has been phenomenal. I've learnt more from working with this company in 1-2 years then I have in all 12-13 years of school combined. The person I am today is all because of my college works experience and I would of never thought I'd be able to be where I am today at such a young age. By being able to work with college works I have been able to gain real world skills in communication, leadership, and management as well as a number of other things. The resume that I now have compared to the resume I had prior to this internship is a 100 times better then I thought it would ever be. The confidence I have gained from this experience so far has exceeded my expectations in all areas and I feel like I can conquer any sort of challenge that comes my way. The exec team is great and they implement some great techniques to teach in all aspects of life not just in business which is really beneficial. The internship is definitely incredibly difficult but at the same time is also extremely rewarding. It's a lot of hard work and is also quite a commitment but at the end of the day its all worth it. The company has an awesome culture and there's a ton of fun events that happen throughout the internship. Its also really cool to meet a bunch of people who are just as ambitious as you are and you get to create some great relationships with people around the company. The internship is certainly not for everyone and certainly not for the person aiming to be the average. There's just a select few who do really well at the internship and it all comes down to work ethic, perseverance, and being able to grasp new concepts with ease. Many don't make it to the finish line but for those who do all whole new set of doors open for the future. I had a blast and wouldn't trade my college works experience for anything!
One of the most life changing things I have ever done
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento CaliforniaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: company culture, experience
Cons: nothing in particular
College Works changed my life. It challenged and showed me how to be successful. No other internship can offer you this experience and teach you about business. The days were long and hard but so is the rest of your life. I learned more in this internship than my combined years of college. My favorite part of this internship was the company culture everyone was great and super supportive. I would definitely recommend any college student to do this internship regardless of major. The skills you learn here apply to your whole life.
One of the Most Difficult yet Life Changing Experiences
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 6, 2015
Don't expect running a business to be a piece of cake. If you are willing to put in the effort, it is one of the best experiences you can have. Not only do you boost your resume and learn several skills, but you also gain a lot of connections and a lot of confidence to take on other challenges. It will be rare to have the mentorship you have here in other companies.
One of the Most Difficult yet Life Changing Experiences
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 6, 2015
Overall
Intern/Branch Manager (Current Employee), FresnoMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with, building relationships, real-life skills
Cons: constantly working, compensation is during the summer, not enough sleep sometimes
College Works is definitely a unique place to work. It is a program that challenges many of your skills such as time management, organization, and communication. While it is challenging my coworkers are some of the best people to work with and the aura of the College Works environment is young and ambitious. I have learned many skills especially with time management, skill transfer, and customer service. While the environment is fun and challenging, I feel like the compensation is hardly worth it in the beginning. Sometimes working some other part-time job and getting a steady paycheck would be preferred because I'm still a college student that needs to continue paying off expenses and waiting until the summer for most of the profit is probably the hardest part.
Productive and fun workplace
Painter (Former Employee), Emporia, KSMarch 2, 2015
Co workers and management were fun to be around and always seemed to help each other when needed. I found it enjoyable and beneficial to work here as I was looking for a summer job out of High school
RESULTS BASED ENVIROMENT
Missouri Branch Manager (Internship) (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great learning experience, high pay potential, great managers
Cons: long hours
 Managed all startup aspects including interviewing, activities for generating revenue, and hiring for the painting company
 Sold painting projects through canvassing
 Posted job listings, interviewed, and managed marketing department as well as painters
 Managed payroll and accounting duties
 Visited job sites, managed schedules and kept open communications with clients
Painted houses
Painter (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: worked outside
Cons: inexperienced boss
I work on a fast efficient team painting the exterior walls of customers homes. From 7am to 6pm this last summer Ii collaboratively worked in a team of two or three.
Great management experience along with everyday skills
District Manager (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: incredible networks and great culture
Cons: very time consuming and a lot of driving while balancing school
I was in charge of interviewing, managing and teaching branch managers coming into the company as an intern. Ranging from going out in the field and actually showing how to do a certain part of the job to having weekly meetings and over the phone meetings three times a week to plan for the weekend where they would get most of their work done due to school during the week. I learned how to communicate with different types of personalities and how to motivate people differently depending on their personality.
Good position however not for everyone
Residential Account Executive (Former Employee), Long IslandJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: sketchy managment
Hard work and if you dont know much about painting do not even try, you will end up getting paid minimum wage for your work
Wealth of Knowledge
District Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: learn a ton
Cons: make no money
Learned how to build a business from the ground up.There were two different portions of the internship:
Spring and Summer.
Spring: attend "training" to learn how to sell/info abut painting and general structure of internship. Meet others interns. Learn script for going door to door to acquire homeowners names/numbers who are interested in painting and getting an estimate from you. Nighttime: gather in a classroom on campus three times per week during the semester and call through these numbers repeatedly. Weekends: spend all day going door to door trying to get as many leads as possible. Try to book upcoming weekend with estimates for clients. Mentor (DM) will teach you how to conduct a proper estimate/sell the job.
Summer: Attend one paint "training" where all interns get together and learn to paint on an unsuspecting persons home (they offer a discount to homeowner). Usually, a real company is called to fix the mistakes made on person's home. Schedule your clients painting projects. Put up ads on Craigslist to find people willing to work for $8 per hour as painters. Hire as many as possible, fire painters who are no good. The ones who are good usually quit after seeing first paycheck. Hire more painters. Repeat process bi-weekly until summer is over.
Sell and produce over $60,000 and go to CANCUN with other interns.

Most enjoyable part: Learning the responsibility of running a business. Thickening skin dealing with stress and angry clients/painters. Hardest part: painting the projects and finding painters who will work for dirt cheap. Fun part= selling jobs and hanging out with fellow interns.
Great learning experience.
Cons:You will not earn the money you were told you would. Nothing is ever as it is on the BROCHURE. CWP takes wayyyyy too much for overhead costs (40 cents on the dollar). The remaining 60 is left to pay for material, pay painters, and profit for intern. Usually the labor takes the majority of the 60%.
Challenging but rewarding internship opportunity
Entrepreneur/ Local Branch Manager (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 29, 2014
Internship opportunity for college students. Demands a lot of hours, but provides students with applied knowledge of business tactics and skills.Management and co-workers are very helpful and want you to succeed. Will not be profitable unless you put time and effort into creating a successful business.
College Summer Job
Painter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2014
College interns set up appointments with customers in the winter. During the summer the jobs were completed and the workers were giving a slotted amount of time to complete of project.
Rigorous Management Experience
Franchise Owner/Manager (Former Employee), Utah County, UtahNovember 26, 2014
College Works Painting allowed me to own and operate my own residential house painting franchise. Through coaching, I hired, trained, and developed a marketing team to accelerate sales, then scheduled and managed four painters to maximize job production.

In my branch, I personally oversaw the home renovation process of over 15 clients with 100% satisfaction rate.
Good position however not for everyone
Residential Account Executive (Former Employee), Long IslandNovember 26, 2014
Pros: pay (if you make the time they give you), experience, similar to running your own business.
Cons: proj. managers have no experience/ not even insured to work, hard to split time between painting a whole house while marketing to other houses.
The biggest thing with this job is that you must have a team who is good at marketing and at least one true painter. The company gives you hours that it "should" take to paint the house, if you make the time you will be getting paid great; Unfortunately if you go over your time you will receive minimum wage. I loved the experience but the company is a little sneaky and doesn't make it that easy to succeed.
Excellent Experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2014
College Works Painting was an excellent experience. I was forced to work harder than I have ever worked before. I believe that I became a much harder and determined worker because of College Works.
Challenging. Rewarding. Exceptional experience.
Branch manager & District Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoOctober 10, 2014
Pros: cancun, vegas, rafting, skydiving, paintballing, management, leadership
Cons: super challenging, some difficult clients, awful painters, etc
Through this internship I was able to open up more than I ever was able to before. I learned the ins and outs of marketing, sales skills, management, profit management, hiring, firing, and client relations. Through the spring you focus on marketing your business as well as sales and building up your clientele. During the summer you are able to learn how to hire, fire, manage and run crews while focusing on exceptional customer service. I was able to run an 80,000 business my first year and $104,000 my second year. I learned so many valuable skills while having fun too! I went skydiving, paintballing, white water rafting, as well as two trips to Cancun Mexico. As a District manager I was able to manage and teach 20-30 students how to run their own businesses and train them to be successful. As a DM I also was able to go on business trips to Orange County and Las Vegas to learn how to be a more effective leader. I was able to earn one of the national quality awards and was in the running for one of the Manager of the year awards.
Awesome place to work and grow skills needed for life
Branch manager (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 10, 2014
Pros: good money, free schedule, fun atmosphere
Cons: hard work, long days
I had an awesome experience with College Works! N doubt, it was absolutely the most difficult thing that I have ever done, but getting through the program has taught me more about myself and the real world than any other experience would have. The compensation is great, i made more money than i would have ever even really imagined, but it you have to work hard for it. The hardest part of the job for me was making sure that my clients and I kept in touch, and that the quality of the job was good enough for the client to be happy about. Training painters to have the quality and care that i would have put into a job was tough for me. Overall I'm coming back with the company for another year and possibly more to come because I've learned so much and I really like working for college works.

1 2 3 4 5