College of Coastal Georgia Employee Reviews

Great Support from Colleagues
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 23, 2017
Great support from colleagues, but minimal pay for part time faculty with little hope of advancement without a PhD. No benefits, but amazing people to work with and a great place to work long-term if you're okay with unstable income.
College job
Academic Tutor and Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 3, 2017
A great job for a college student that is academically inclined and wants to help their peers. A lot of time is spent in the library, which is also great if you need to work on your own school work!
Love it here
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Nothing beats being a college student and being able to work while going to school. It's the best thing ever. The people I work with are fantastic and they are very polite and professional.
A campus that is a winner
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 13, 2017
CCGA, in the Coastal region of Georgia is absolutely a career campus. A great place to learn You can focus here and the staff
is so very helpful. From the grounds staff to the President of the campus the culture here is so warm and safe.
Pros
ccga
I was a student
Radiology Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 23, 2016
I was not an employee of the College of Coastal Georgia. I was a student. I attended the College of Coastal Georgia for all of my core classes and for the radiologic science program. I'm eager to begin my new career.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
A wonderful Place to work
Student Life Staff (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 22, 2016
It was actually a fun and wonderful experience working here. You develop your skills for a lot of skills you will need in any other work enviroment.
Great Place to work
Regional Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 14, 2016
This is a great place to work but it can get stressful at times. I enjoy my colleagues and the environment. OVerall, a great experience.
Great first time job
Chairperson of Camden Activity Board, Student Life (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAFebruary 10, 2016
A great place to work especially for a student. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to work and go to school at the same time. As the chair person I was able to host events for students and maintain a team of students that would help out with the events.
Good place to be and work
Co-Editor of Engebretsen Collection (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 2, 2015
Never a dull moment. Lot of great people to work with and you learn a lot from them. Hardest part of the job is to find time to do everything you have to during working hours.
Very productive environment that's allowed me to grow in areas I thought I would never be able to achieve.
College Coastal GA IT Tech. (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 10, 2015
A typical day is filled with helping students, faculty and staff with informative IT information. I'm learning daily that no task is to difficult all it takes is determination and the will to complete it. Management is wonderful, very caring, supportive and informative. I'm surrounded by people who love learning new and exciting things that make the job all the more enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I get to meet new people daily.
Pros
School meals, programs, athletics department.
Cons
No healthcare.
A fast pact office assisting college students with taking the GED, worked for 3 bosses ordered supplies, answered the phone, scheduling
Office Manager - Typing (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 8, 2015
Fast pact office environment that helped students with their enrollment in college and their personal life.
The college position influenced me to return to college and receive my bachelors in communications.
Pros
Learned more office skills and customer service skills
Cons
The program was cut due to state budget
Fast paced environment
Financial Aid Counselor and Work Study Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 27, 2015
fast paced
good environment
team work
day goes by fast
• Create documents, labels, and reports to track student participation
• Supervise over college work study students
• Create work study student contracts for employment
• Monitor hours of work study students and payroll
• Create and give presentations on federal policies of work study
• Update website for Student Affairs, Career Services, and Student Life
• Maintain campus calendar events
• Respond to financial aid e-mails
• Organize work files and information for events and meetings
• Compose notes at event meetings
• Set up files for events, including agendas and name tags
• Maintain confidentiality of student records and campus files
• Conduct loan processing on student accounts
• Process verification of financial aid for students
• Access Federal databases and secure systems
• Receive inbound and place outbound calls to students
Italian has been recently introduced and therefore the enrollment is still quite low.
Italian Instructor (Current Employee) –  CCGA Brunswick, GAMay 5, 2015
Foreign Languages are not emphasized at the College (yet), since the College used to be a Community College before becoming a four year college. The most enjoyable part of the work is being able to teach young adults, and also returning students.
Cons
Still very few classes/no benefits
Daily Activities
Student Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 5, 2015
Recruitment
Academic Scheduling and Progress Reports
Film Study and breakdown of film
Scouting Reports
Travel Arrangements
Equipment Purchases
Co-workers was great except two
Nice environment
Freedom to do a lot of things and be yourself
Pros
Allowed to be yourself and do your job
Cons
Limited Resources
Overall Great Experience
Online Professor - Health Informatics/Nursing (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 7, 2015
Teaching on-line has been a rewarding and educational experience. The staff is extremely friendly and a pleasure to deal with. They do their best to keep me "in the loop" of information and meetings, as necessary, since I am not physically on campus. My direct boss has been extremely helpful in times of uncertainty in regards to the course, dealing with students, etc. I honestly have nothing derogatory to reflect on during my 3 year tenure.
Pros
online convenience
Cons
Very little face to face contact with staff and students, if any at all.
Medical Biling
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 2, 2014
this job gave me many connections and opened plenty of doors. I enjoyed this position and met plenty of wonderful people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
One of the best jobs ever
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brunswick ,GASeptember 29, 2014
I love to help the customer.
I learn more about retail than ever.
The lack of faculty/staff support remains an issue
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 13, 2014
The look of the College has grown exponentially. Unfortunately, it takes more than an improved physical appearance to become a real College of Choice. The support of the faculty/staff contributes to the success of the students. Without it, the College of Coastal Georgia will never become the College of Choice.
Pros
Great co-workers; ability to gain excellent skills and experience in a professional environment
Cons
Not enough faculty/staff support; poor benefits
Very fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brün, NWJune 4, 2014
Loved working with them. I was able to advance in the job setting, as well as get a raise. Everyone worked well together we were a team that help each other the best way we could.
school
Coastal Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAMay 5, 2014
my experiences during my training at school was amazing. I learned quite a bit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Coastal Georgia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3