College of DuPage Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work at
ESL instructor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMarch 24, 2016
As my five star ratings indicates, I love working for COD.
Great management, open and friendly work environment, many opportunities for professional advancement, enough freedom for my personal input into my job responsibilities, yet nicely structured.
Pros
flexibility, structure, facilities, pay, convenience
Cons
not a full time, no benefits being adjunct
College of DuPage Peer tutor
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 14, 2016
I tutored med/surg 1, mother/baby, and pharmacology to first year nursing students. It was immensely helpful to spend my second year in nursing school reviewing what I had learned the first year. My co-workers were wonderful, a truly dedicated group of students with the same goals of excellence as myself. My favorite part of the job was seeing the students succeed.
Pros
Extra study time
Cons
Bad pay
extremely understanding of student schedule
library-student aide (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 6, 2016
What I loved about working at COD is that the job adjusts to my classes rather than having me adjust for the job hours. I liked being able to have the freedom to work on different tasks at a time, working alone helped me learn to manage time wisely while taking care of the needs of others.
Pros
fair break times, easy, supervisors are very kind
Cons
too much alone time
The program, is a great one
Dental Hygiene Program Advisory Board Member (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJune 23, 2016
The dental hygiene program was tough but if you can work hard and are willing to improve then, you will be very successful.
corporate style management
Instructional Designer II & Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMay 19, 2016
Everyone works on his/her own project. Meet with clients as needed.
Diversified team.
Very structured work environment
productive place
Senior computer lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMay 24, 2016
very good place to work at and to get great IT and customer service experience. Good place to get to know people and friends.
Fun, Harmonious
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMarch 16, 2016
The college is growing fast in these recent year. You will meet a lot of co-workers who are highly educated, funny, easygoing and collaborative. You will learn a lot from your position as supervisors are supportive.
Excellent experience, personally rewarding
Writing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 21, 2015
Responsible for teaching Novel Writing class as part of College of DuPage Continuing Education Program. Created syllabus, oversaw and encouraged progress of students with their manuscripts-in-progress. Excellent feedback, lots of return students.
Pros
mentoring new writers
Cons
work/life balance (it was at night, in addition to my day job)
Veteran Services
Veterans services assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILSeptember 30, 2014
My typical day at work included helping veterans navigate through the VA gibill website to understand their entitlements. I also helped veterans complete their application for benefits and answered any general questions about VA education benefits. My job also consisted of assisting the two School Certifying Officials by entering data into the VAOnce system. In addition I was the school point of contact for women veterans so I attended seminars and think tanks to network and brainstorm ideas to help women veterans. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a population that sometimes has very serious issues, it was common to see drug/ alcohol abuse as well as homelessness.
Flexible hours and fun work place
Spanish Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILFebruary 8, 2016
It was a great place to work. I was able to work part time so that I could stay home with my kids. The pay rate was comparable to other community colleges in the area.
Frienldy enviroment.
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2016
Ive never had a problem with management, instruction are clear and fair. Most days are calm and relaxing, and very easy to talk and help students.
Very nice and friendly environment.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 12, 2015
In the morning we make sure everything is clean and organized. I clean the screen of the computers and make sure there is enough paper in the printer. Since I start working I keep on learning something new and interesting. Everyday I found out how to solve a new problem. When answering the phone I help students access college software and transfer them to the appropriate staff member.
Instructional Assistant
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 16, 2015
Nice people, and the training was good, they are patient with your needs and flexible with your schedule as this was a part time position. Staff was helpful and approachable for any questions you might have.
Pros
Atmosphere, students
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job is:
Part-time English Faculty (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILNovember 25, 2015
The students. Most come to class eager to learn and have engaging and inquisitive questions. They also collaborate with peers easily and engage in classroom activitie.
Pros
Flexible class schedule and you can set your own work hours
Cons
Adjunct job stability and pay
Assistant to Machine Shop/Welding lab (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 1, 2015
I really like working at COD, and would love to one day teach. The staff is knowledgeable, and quick to help with any issues you have.
Pros
Good work environment, and excellent bosses
Cons
Not enough hours
Good School with a Great Work Environment
Student Aid, Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 19, 2013
College of Dupage is a great school at an affordable price. The people that work there are willing to help students have the best possible experience while attending classes and answer any questions or concerns. It's a great working environment with entertaining conversations. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Pros
great breaks, benefits and work environment
Enjoyed working there.
Career Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn IllinoisSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work included working with the staff to provide students with support.
I learned different computer systems and how to find resources for students.
My coworkers were easy to get along with.
I enjoyed being able to help people.
Pros
benefits from working at the school
Cons
pay
Boring workplace, not very challenging
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 24, 2015
This job was only difficult for the first few months. Once I learned about the College and the professors, this job was a breeze. I spent most of my day answering phones and assisting people who came into the athletic office. I learned many different things at this job such as how to answer phones and direct people to whom they needed to speak with. This job taught me how to use a fax machine, copier, type writer, and made me more familiar with Word and Excel.
Pros
Free time and made strong bonds with coaches and professors
Cons
No breaks, no lunch
Productive place to work, and always something to do.
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work would be assisting the primary instructor with public demonstrations as well as individual demonstrations, I also check to make sure all gases are turned off and occasionally I have to change the bottles in the manifold system.
I learned about patience and different chemistries in different electrodes, filler rods, and metals.
The Hardest part of my job would have to be when I am running around from work station to work station helping students, there is no real difficult part of the job for me although just having to do demonstrations can be some what demanding due to the timing of the requests.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to look at my students in the eyes and say "nice job" because they had a fantastic weld, as well as just the satisfaction of helping people in general.
Pros
Great work experience, great resume addition
Cons
long days can take their toll
Work Studies Program
Student Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMay 30, 2013
This was a part time position offered through a work studies program throughout the school, and there we're any benefits for the students and the employee's are paid through grants.

4.6