College of DuPage

College of DuPage Employer Reviews

Faculty Member - Part-Time (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILAugust 5, 2014
Enjoyable environment and the people are great. They give you guidance but let you operate independently.
Great place to work!
Part-time Adjunct (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 31, 2014
I think teaching is a very rewarding profession, and I am learning how to become a better teacher with each semester I teach.
Great environment to learn
Manufacturing Lab Assistant/Student Job (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJune 29, 2014
Pros: gained more experience on manufacturing machines
Cons: temporary position
The staff has extensive industry experience that is applied in the learning environment.
My favorite college for variety and quality
Part Time Faculty (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJune 8, 2014
Pros: beautiful building, expanded programs, many opportunities
Cons: recently we had to choose only one department to teach in, giving up other worthwhile connections and experiences.
I have been involved with this school in many ways for many years. I feel at home here. Some new changes are unsettling but overall it is a great place to be associated with.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILApril 9, 2014
Pros: the students and faculty
Love the active classroom teaching in the Health, Physical Education and Recreation Departments.
this was only part time
Medical Record personnel (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILFebruary 21, 2014
This was a part time job and was doing medical records while going to school full time.
Community orientated
Document Tracking Assistant (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: n/a
I would come to work open the office 8:00 am for student and cover the front desk until student employee arrive. I go back to my desk around 9:00 am and start working on all the intake from the day before.
I great institution to work for with a great collegial atmosphere.
Master Control Technician (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJanuary 13, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at this institution. I gained most of the production knowledge that I use to this day while working for College of DuPage. My department manager met with his staff once a week to discuss details of projects, and other priorities our department undertook to promote the goals and values of the College of DuPage.
Student Worker
Financial Aid Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 20, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I loved this job. The management was great and understanding. If I need time off they would schedule around me. Every semester they would work with me to develop a schedule that would work for both of us. I loved my managers and coworkers.
Manager, Employment (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILNovember 9, 2013
Best Community College in terms of delivery of education to students.
Part-time faculty position in Chemistry
Adjunct Chemistry Faculty (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILSeptember 4, 2013
I taught chemistry as a part-time faculty member in the Health and Sciences Division. I would prepare for the lab to be taught and ensure that all aspects of the lab were done safely by the students. I also checked email and made sure to answer any questions/comments from students. In general, there was little oversight on a daily basis, as long as – more... grades were done on time and student concerns were addresses in a timely manner. It was enjoyable seeing students understand a previously unknown concept. However, grading lab reports, while a necessary part of the lab experience, was a lot of work on my part. – less
Helpful/friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant / SLEA (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 11, 2013
Pros: respect given by law enforcement personnel.
Cons: unexpected interruptions when working on invoicing.
My position as Administrative Assistant was for the Suburban Law Enforcement Academy (SLEA) @ College of DuPage. Co-workers were always supportive and we worked as a team. I had a great deal of contact with various law enforcement agencies within the State of Illinois. It was an enjoyable position with a great deal of variety. Respect for confidentiality – more... was extremely important due to the nature of the training and incidents involving recruits. The ability to multi-task was essential. – less
Work Studies Program
Student Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILMay 30, 2013
Helping student receive their financial aid and reach the financial goals to return and stay in school. Customer Service via phone and front desk clerk. Filing and light computer work.
Work Studies Program
Student Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILMay 30, 2013
This was a part time position offered through a work studies program throughout the school, and there we're any benefits for the students and the employee's are paid through grants.
Good School with a Great Work Environment
Student Aid, Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great breaks, benefits and work environment
College of Dupage is a great school at an affordable price. The people that work there are willing to help students have the best possible experience while attending classes and answer any questions or concerns. It's a great working environment with entertaining conversations. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
An amazing experience
Commercial Art teacher (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere and great campus
Cons: never knew if you would have a class assignment at each quarter
I loved teaching at C.O.D. All the teachers are professionals in their respective fields so we could share with the students what was happening right then in the field. I learned so much from my students and it made me a better artist. I never felt like I was going to work or had a job. I always said that I have to go teach.
RN Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Park Ave, Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 1, 2012
A wonderful education both in the class room and in clinical settings.
Good learning experience
USTA line judge (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, IllinoisNovember 7, 2012
Really showed me the value of leadership. Having to run tennis camps with people working under me at times.
enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 20, 2012
Pros: i can maintain my own time
Cons: lack of work toward the end of the semester
The hours are accomadating. It's my responsibity to maintain my hours. I have the trust from supervisoir to work independtly of him. He knows the work will be done and correct. My fellow co-workers are easy to work with.
Solid employer
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee), Glen EllenJuly 19, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
Great enviroment,awesome students and great benefits. I would recommend it to others.