College of DuPage Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMay 9, 2017
Come in and go off a check list. Make sure athletes had what they needed. Offered stretches to help them with practice. Put away everything after all the practices.
Part-time Adjunct
Adjunct Professor of Public Speaking (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILApril 14, 2017
Work and life balance is difficult as an Adjunct because sometimes you don't get the days/hours you need to work with your families schedule. Compensation is average to other junior colleges.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
unknown schedule
Love working with Vendors
Event Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILApril 10, 2017
A great place to work. I handle events that involve outside vendors.
Always something different. Long hours. Pleasant staff to work with. Seasonal position
Pros
Meet a lot of different people
Cons
Seasonal
Relaxed enviroment
Lab Instructor- Part Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILApril 7, 2017
The only complaint that I have, and the reason that I left, is because they compensation was cut drastically. The environment was relaxed, and I enjoyed working there.
Lots of fun
Assistant Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILApril 2, 2017
Everyone is understanding and hard working. Its a collaborative effort. A very fun and creative environment. Responsible people who know how to do their jobs right.
Multicultural and diverse population
Financial Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMarch 20, 2017
A typical day at work is phone calls and in person questions about the financial aid process and disbursement of funds. I have learned about cultural competence, patience, and multi-tasking. I try to manage my time to complete all tasks for the day. The workplace culture is fun and cooperative team work. The hardest part of the job is managing the volume of calls during different times of the academic semester. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I can answer all questions that I am asked and give complete satisfactory information.
Pros
birthday celebrations monthly
Cons
I am a part time employee and receive no healthcare
Student Success Counselor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, IL 60137March 3, 2017
I have worked at COD for many years and it a great place to work. I am fortunate to work there. It is a large campus with a lot of diversity.
Student worker
Locksmiths Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for COD, but this was not a full time job, I was a student worker. obviously there is no advancement from there, or carrier future from that job because it is not what it is designed for.
Pros
work while attending school and flexable schedule
Cons
stuck on campus all day long
Great place to be
Student Worker for Independent Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at the college of DuPage...Great to meet different faces. It was fun to help the in instructor and the students each day!
the supervisor was so awesome!
Pros
Great environment
Productive, fun and informative
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 20, 2016
I had a very relaxed schedule which fit perfectly with my school life and overall busy lifestyle. The work load was very minimum and I enjoyed working with my co workers. I was treated very kindly by the staff and was on time to give in my notes. It was a very fun experience that I would love to do again. Honestly, the job was very simple and straight forward as long as you are diligent student with legible handwriting you will succeed. I enjoyed helping another student succeed in the class through my notes.
Pros
relaxed schedule, good company, good experiance
Cons
you have to be approached in order to do this job
nice place to work
Adjunct Professor of History (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 1, 2016
People make the difference in any place...and the people at COD made all the difference in the world. Good faculty, good administration, but the best part was the library
Pros
scholarly environment
Cons
Can't think of any
College of Dupage
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 31, 2016
An excellent School! Teachers care and class sizes are small...working there was amazing. The pay can be better. Overall very satisfied.
A new beginning
Professor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 29, 2016
I have worked for COD for many years. I have seen the College go from a jewel in DuPage County to a place that has been scored by Chicago Tribune and that is trying to work its way out of multiple scandals. COD is working on a turnaround. I am positive a great new school will will emerge from the ashes. The faulty is outstanding and the new management is headed in the right direction.
Pros
Great faculty, new management
Cons
Working through the recovery
Great management and promotion of new courses
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 17, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. My supervisor gave me creative freedom and helped market and promote a new suite of fundraising courses to the community.
Pros
Knowledgable staff and class rooms that incorporated technology
College of DuPage was very fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 15, 2016
College of DuPage was very fast paced when it came to our everyday work. There were timelines we had to meet and it seemed we were always busy. I loved it overall, but when you went home you were exhausted.
nice place to work
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, YOUTH PROGRAMS (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILAugust 1, 2016
Flexible schedules, Fridays off during the summer. Not much chance for advancement. Fast-paced environment.
Employment Skills
Pastry Chef Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 21, 2016
As an educator, my day consists of preparing notes/curriculum for that particular day. My classes have 16 students, and managing my time with each of them is the hardest part of the day. However, it has really improved my organizational skills, and multi-tasking each job very well.
Pros
Educating each student
Cons
It can be challenging, but has taught me patience and becoming adaptable to any situation
College of DuPage Peer tutor
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 14, 2016
I tutored med/surg 1, mother/baby, and pharmacology to first year nursing students. It was immensely helpful to spend my second year in nursing school reviewing what I had learned the first year. My co-workers were wonderful, a truly dedicated group of students with the same goals of excellence as myself. My favorite part of the job was seeing the students succeed.
Pros
Extra study time
Cons
Bad pay
extremely understanding of student schedule
library-student aide (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 6, 2016
What I loved about working at COD is that the job adjusts to my classes rather than having me adjust for the job hours. I liked being able to have the freedom to work on different tasks at a time, working alone helped me learn to manage time wisely while taking care of the needs of others.
Pros
fair break times, easy, supervisors are very kind
Cons
too much alone time
The program, is a great one
Dental Hygiene Program Advisory Board Member (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJune 23, 2016
The dental hygiene program was tough but if you can work hard and are willing to improve then, you will be very successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of DuPage. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5