College of Healthcare Professions

College of Healthcare Professions Employee Reviews

If I could rate no stars I would.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Long, tedious hours with micromanaging supervisors forcing you to scam people into going to school and taking their money. If you don’t make the cut and get enough students, you’re out. Turn over rate is ridiculous, ten people gone within one month. They’ll fire you without warning and throw your stuff away. Thank goodness I got out of there in time.
Pros
One hour lunch and a few coworkers were beautiful people
Cons
Everything else
Needs much improvement
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
I was informed shortly after I began working there that they had been through 2 presidents, 3 ST program directors, and 5 instructors within the last year. That should say it all. There was no orientation, I was given a class to teach with no materials to teach it. Lack of leadership, training and Pay. Too bad these students pay such a high price for low quality education. Diploma mill and assessment for students to see if they should even be in a program. Need to set these students up for success ~ not a large student loan debt and not adequately preparing them for the real world.
Cons
No breaks, no leadership, lack of necessary tools to teach students.
LVN instructor (RN faculty) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Absolutely no work/life balance. Tyrant of a supervisor, who we complained about several times., however upper management (terri and Val Galvan) did nothing about it.
Great place to work in Austin
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I was with CHCP Austin for over 7 years. It has it's ups and downs like any job but each day I looked forward to being there. I got to do something I love with a School who valued their students. I got to watch people start new careers and be a part of it. Admissions is not easy and not meant for everyone. Career Colleges are very needed. Not everyone wants to spend 4-6 years pursuing a career. This College helps people start a better future sooner. Extremely ethical and compliant place to work.
Pros
Helping students, team
Cons
Traffic
Fulfilling job working with students
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
The day starts with returning phone calls and solving student issues. The job requires you to be able to navigate the computer system. The most important thing I learned while working with the company to have patients and humility when working with the students and staff. I have made some lifelong friendships that I will treasure.The hardest part about the job are the site visits when it's 100 degrees or rain and cold you still have to keep your appointments. The most enjoyable would be the freedom of being out with the students on site teaching them new ways to accomplish radiographs on difficult patients.
Pros
Nice friendly staff
Cons
Drive a lot of miles
Medical Instructor
Medical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 26, 2017
Great Company and School, students were driven and competent. great team and training, I was sad leave but still continue to stay in contact and help students with their externships
Overall Company
Vocational Nursing Program Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
It is important to be more organized, support middle management and make the necessary investment to receive the best outcome, hold employees accountable and increase the level of professionalism to attract the best employees and students.
Great company with a wonderful growth mindset
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2017
I love working here. The director actually scouted me and offered a wonderful opportunity to teach at this school. It has a very positive message and holds teachers accountable for excellence. I highly recommend this organization!!!
Pros
Great culture, very educated and solid management, beautiful growth mindset
Admission Rep
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Worst Company Ever to work for... It's all about getting the students money. The turn over rate is ridiculous. Please chose another place to work of possible
Love working here
Dental Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work at. I have grown through the years I have been here. I highly recommend you to work here. There is growth working here.
A daily adventure teaching the adult learning
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2016
Challenging and rewarding, motivating the adult learner....Each day was different with regards to teaching and lecturing..
Great work environment
Campus Director of Admissions/Recruitment (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2016
all departments work well together and have open lines of communication. it is fast paced and changes often. The most difficult part of the position is knowing someone needs help and they are not willing to help themselves
Pros
Get to meet and help people change their lives
Cons
Can't help everyone
Unprofessional
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
No organization, time management, unprofessional, and uncaring of the students. Good luck for whoever work in the Houston location! Unfair, no proper training, and horrible management. The one thing I did enjoy about CHCP was the students, help and teaching them. One thing I've learned was what not to do by observing management. A typical day at work is very busy, meetings and more meetings, most of the time during meetings it's a lot of pointless things being discussed. Until the management change, it's not a very good place to work.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Unprofessional, unorganized, horrible management
Just say no!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2016
They are shady! The Management, from the CP, to the DOA, and the DOCS, especially the lady who goes from school to school the Corp. DOA, and the DOF! ..makes this place a terrible place to go to school !!!!! Please, take your talents to a REAL SCHOOL! 4 YEAR COLLEGE! COMMUNITY COLLEGE ANYWHERE BUT THESE TYPE OF SCHOOLS!!!!People who sell people fake dreams, try to force individuals into unwanted programs,and take their money,without concern of how they are going to feed their family, something is wrong with this people.Treat their employees like slaves and dont respect them!!!!!! Underpay them! But expect them to give their all, all the dam time with a smile... they are crooks!!!!! People that typically work there are vultures and will stab you in the back!
Horrible College
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXApril 24, 2016
I don't know if I would even consider this bum hole a school!! They are all about ripping students off and staffing instructors that don't know what they are doing! The director is a Medical Assistant! If you are smart RUN from this place!!
Pros
leaving
Cons
everything
my Role at CHCP
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I was responsible for executing high volume of outbound phone calls, followed up on leads and set appointments, I completed interview processes with each prospective student while evaluating daily activity against standards and personal enrollment goals and I discovered prospective student needs to commit and overcome objections. The management there was not very good because team building and work was not apart of her day to day concerns.
Great company to work for
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthJuly 21, 2015
CHCP is a great company to work for, especially here in Fort Worth. There are opportunities to learn new skills and management is very responsive.

My department, Education, works well together and does a great job of balancing the need to get the job done with having some fun while on the job.
Pros
Very supportive, team focused
By far the best career move I have made!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2015
I am a program director at the Fort Worth campus and I couldn't be more happy! I love my job, and working at CHCP FW has been such a blessing! I'm surrounded by individuals who take their jobs as seriously as I do, but love what they do just as much! Support from the education team and our DOE is something I have never experienced at any other school where I have worked. The majority of my day is spent with our wonderful students, but after classes in the education department completing my program director duties. I have heard numerous new instructors exalting the department because they too have never worked in such a friendly, helpful environment. Like them, I know I can always ask for help and will never be turned down. I wouldn't trade my job at CHCP for anything!
In reference to a previous review from a former employee, I was one of the program directors here during that time and have never left for a panic attack, but if I ever do have to leave I know my team will be there to support me and hold my program together until I return!
Pros
Teamwork, Great Managment, Rewarding Career
Cons
N/a
Its better to be unemployed then working for CHCP ---Fort Worth
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJune 11, 2015
I was working as a Program Director of Diagnostic Medical Sonography DMS in Fort Worth .......what an experience.... I have been associated with education for last 22 years and working at CHCP Fort Worth is an experience I will not trade for life. All I can say is out of 5 Program Directors I was the only lucky one who did not go to hospital straight from work for a panic attack.....What a wonderful work environment.....I will briefly go over my typical day at work in this episode of review ....Its was great till I was in the class room because my students were just simply great best I ever had in all these years dedicated motivate just simply great and above all very inspiring for me I learned a lot from that .......one of the best students I ever had in all these years of working in education....they were the only reason I was there .....they kept me up and going in that extremely negative work environment and what use to happen once they were gone and the class was over ......was a nightmare ..lol ..until my next review....
doa
Project leader (Former Employee) –  houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
• Project leader developing Affiliate Lead Vendor Relationships and Updating our Website to obtain SEO leads
• Hiring and training
• Development and supervision of an on-line recruitment team of 6 Admissions Advisors
• Perform quality assurance/quality control checks for compliance and ensure all sales objectives are being met
• Met or exceeded all budget accomplishment plans
• Developed the self-sufficient cross-functional team environment, which was then delivered to our entire online facility, then implemented at all of our ground locations throughout the state of Texas
• Analyze phone data and conducting daily phone observations
• Train and Develop Ground Admissions Directors on Campus Vue and training Admissions Advisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Healthcare Professions. Our community is ready to answer.

College of Healthcare Professions Reviews by Location