College of Healthcare Professions

College of Healthcare Professions Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
No organization, time management, unprofessional, and uncaring of the students. Good luck for whoever work in the Houston location! Unfair, no proper training, and horrible management. The one thing I did enjoy about CHCP was the students, help and teaching them. One thing I've learned was what not to do by observing management. A typical day at work is very busy, meetings and more meetings, most of the time during meetings it's a lot of pointless things being discussed. Until the management change, it's not a very good place to work.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Unprofessional, unorganized, horrible management
Just say no!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2016
They are shady! The Management, from the CP, to the DOA, and the DOCS, especially the lady who goes from school to school the Corp. DOA, and the DOF! ..makes this place a terrible place to go to school !!!!! Please, take your talents to a REAL SCHOOL! 4 YEAR COLLEGE! COMMUNITY COLLEGE ANYWHERE BUT THESE TYPE OF SCHOOLS!!!!People who sell people fake dreams, try to force individuals into unwanted programs,and take their money,without concern of how they are going to feed their family, something is wrong with this people.Treat their employees like slaves and dont respect them!!!!!! Underpay them! But expect them to give their all, all the dam time with a smile... they are crooks!!!!! People that typically work there are vultures and will stab you in the back!
Great work environment
Campus Director of Admissions/Recruitment (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2016
all departments work well together and have open lines of communication. it is fast paced and changes often. The most difficult part of the position is knowing someone needs help and they are not willing to help themselves
Pros
Get to meet and help people change their lives
Cons
Can't help everyone
Love working here
Dental Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work at. I have grown through the years I have been here. I highly recommend you to work here. There is growth working here.
my Role at CHCP
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I was responsible for executing high volume of outbound phone calls, followed up on leads and set appointments, I completed interview processes with each prospective student while evaluating daily activity against standards and personal enrollment goals and I discovered prospective student needs to commit and overcome objections. The management there was not very good because team building and work was not apart of her day to day concerns.
Management, Supervision and Program Director
Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Observation: This review serves to inform, with an honest overview into the inner workings at CHCP

Management, leadership and personalities of several members of the staff Leave a lot to be desired,
little or no leadership skill sets,

Diploma Mill,

NO breaks, Hrs :.7:30A - 3:00P
lunch 30 mins.

NO benefits,

Management EXPECTS and REQUIRES FULL-TIME LOYALTY from part-time employees
Pros
4 day work week * part -time ONLY 28 hours max.
Cons
Micro-Managing - CONTROLLING Supervisor, Backstabbing (passive aggressive) Drama by coworkers, dumping ground for LOOSERS in medical field, LAST call for out of work healthcare providers
Horrible College
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXApril 24, 2016
I don't know if I would even consider this bum hole a school!! They are all about ripping students off and staffing instructors that don't know what they are doing! The director is a Medical Assistant! If you are smart RUN from this place!!
Pros
leaving
Cons
everything
By far the best career move I have made!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2015
I am a program director at the Fort Worth campus and I couldn't be more happy! I love my job, and working at CHCP FW has been such a blessing! I'm surrounded by individuals who take their jobs as seriously as I do, but love what they do just as much! Support from the education team and our DOE is something I have never experienced at any other school where I have worked. The majority of my day is spent with our wonderful students, but after classes in the education department completing my program director duties. I have heard numerous new instructors exalting the department because they too have never worked in such a friendly, helpful environment. Like them, I know I can always ask for help and will never be turned down. I wouldn't trade my job at CHCP for anything!
In reference to a previous review from a former employee, I was one of the program directors here during that time and have never left for a panic attack, but if I ever do have to leave I know my team will be there to support me and hold my program together until I return!
Pros
Teamwork, Great Managment, Rewarding Career
Cons
N/A
Very Rewarding Place To Work
Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2015
It has been my pleasure to work for this company since 2011. It is a company that is always striving to be better and is on it's way to doing even more great things for all who come there. This includes students, staff and faculty. Campus management and corporate are all very approachable and willing to listen to you regardless of the issue. CHCP stands behind their mission statement and is committed to changing people's lives for the better. A successful and happy graduate is always the goal!
Pros
All departments working together as one to ensure our graduates are successful
Great company to work for
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthJuly 21, 2015
CHCP is a great company to work for, especially here in Fort Worth. There are opportunities to learn new skills and management is very responsive.

My department, Education, works well together and does a great job of balancing the need to get the job done with having some fun while on the job.
Pros
Very supportive, team focused
CHCP Fort Worth
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthJanuary 27, 2015
This is an awesome place to work. The management team is very consistence and strong over their own department. Each department supports each other and helps each other when needed. This creates a very supportive environment to work in. There is a strong admissions team, a strong financial aid team, and a strong education team. Don’t get me wrong, it can get crazy at times but when you have a team like this to work with – it makes more fun and easier to get through the grind.
A respectful and caring envioronment
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 9, 2015
I look forward to my teaching times at CHCP, it is the highlight of my work week. Pleasant environment and caring staff. My students are young adults, it is very nice to communicate with young educated minds and help clarifying issues that worry them. The bitter sweet reality is at the end of semester, to say goodbye to one group while welcoming another, ultimately watching students graduating and ready for careers is another triumph for the faculty.
Pros
Rewarding and worthwhile
Cons
part time
Professional and rewarding place to work.
Placement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXJanuary 19, 2015
I have worked for CHCP since 2012. I enjoy working with my co-workers and I find them to be very knowledgeable. We work as a team with productive results. The company has 6 campuses in Texas and has online programs. Employees have opportunities for career advancements. Employees are able to move to other locations in Texas, if they choose too.
Pros
There are career advancement opportunities
Cons
Sick leave is deducted from vacation time.
Horrible place to work
Concerned Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
This school has no respect for their employees and does not compensate them for the work the employees do. The "corporate office" has no idea what goes on in the actual school setting. They do not care about the quality of the student, only the quantity. Be forewarned before joining this organization as an employee. It is not a career, it is a job.
Pros
Cons
short-staffed, poorly compensated
Its better to be unemployed then working for CHCP ---Fort Worth
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJune 11, 2015
I was working as a Program Director of Diagnostic Medical Sonography DMS in Fort Worth .......what an experience.... I have been associated with education for last 22 years and working at CHCP Fort Worth is an experience I will not trade for life. All I can say is out of 5 Program Directors I was the only lucky one who did not go to hospital straight from work for a panic attack.....What a wonderful work environment.....I will briefly go over my typical day at work in this episode of review ....Its was great till I was in the class room because my students were just simply great best I ever had in all these years dedicated motivate just simply great and above all very inspiring for me I learned a lot from that .......one of the best students I ever had in all these years of working in education....they were the only reason I was there .....they kept me up and going in that extremely negative work environment and what use to happen once they were gone and the class was over ......was a nightmare ..lol ..until my next review....
doa
Project leader (Former Employee) –  houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
• Project leader developing Affiliate Lead Vendor Relationships and Updating our Website to obtain SEO leads
• Hiring and training
• Development and supervision of an on-line recruitment team of 6 Admissions Advisors
• Perform quality assurance/quality control checks for compliance and ensure all sales objectives are being met
• Met or exceeded all budget accomplishment plans
• Developed the self-sufficient cross-functional team environment, which was then delivered to our entire online facility, then implemented at all of our ground locations throughout the state of Texas
• Analyze phone data and conducting daily phone observations
• Train and Develop Ground Admissions Directors on Campus Vue and training Admissions Advisors
Fun place to work
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
Establishes the patient’s eligibility for care.
• Communicates with the families of patients.
• Interacts with a variety of hospital staff from different departments.
• Assesses patients upon admission to the hospital or medical facility.
• Reviews patients’ medical records.
• Determines whether a patient should be admitted to the hospital or if their health issue can be handled on an outpatient basis.
• Explains care options to patients and their families.
• Works with a healthcare facility to schedule doctor visits and therapy sessions for patients.
• Coordinates with healthcare facility staff to ensure that each patient has a smooth transition through the discharge process and back to the home environment.
• Verifies health insurance coverage for patients.
• Trains new employees who serve as clinical liaisons.
• Coordinates communication between patients and their physicians, case managers and other medical staff.
• Develops relationships in the community on behalf of the medical facility.
• Schedules speaking engagements at community events.
• Works with the facility’s marketing and sales team to bring awareness of the facility’s strengths and services into the community at large.
Pros
outings
Cons
Late hours, some students lost focused
Good place to work.
Medical Assistant Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
I do not have to much time working there but feel comfortable with administration and staff. Many different programs, a lot of students and great environment. The hardest part of the job is some limitations in resources but the administration is trying to solve that problem.
Pros
Nice environment to work
Cons
Resources limitations
Great Leadership team who cares about their students
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
I really enjoyed working for The College of Healthcare Professions Online. The owners and CEO's are extremely easy to work for. I had a major life event happen and had to leave my position but would work for them again.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
New Admissions Leadership
Enriching work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
CHCP is an enriching place to work. The student interaction is invigorating. As an instructor it is pleasurable to share your KSA's with the students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Healthcare Professions. Our community is ready to answer.

College of Healthcare Professions Reviews by Location