College of Lake County Employee Reviews

Low salary. Unappreciative bosses.
Staff (Current Employee), GLCJuly 23, 2015
Low salary. Unappreciative bosses. Internal fights and politics makes me sick. VPs don't care about staff. Keep looking for better opportunities.
Fun place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Interacting with the students
Cons: one class per week
College of Lake County was a part time job. I worked at the Waukegan Campus one night a week, teaching adults in the business workplace about the conventions of grammar and writing.

Management was available to help with materials and lesson planning if needed. The most difficult part of the job was a three-hour class once a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching my adult students learn how to correctly write correspondence.
I learned that there was much for me to learn. I grew from this experience.
Worked as a Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJune 29, 2015
I refill condiments as much as possible. I balance a till by the end of the day. Was hard working with manager. I don't have a job and my former manager moved from Illinois to Arizona and works at Arizona State University
Did not like it at all
Staff (Former Employee), GrayslakeJune 26, 2015
Stress. People are upset because of changes. Most people work too much because of large number of retired employees and those who left and found other jobs.
I thought I already reviewed CLC - great place to teach
Faculty (Former Employee), Grayslake, IL - northern IllinoisJune 20, 2015
Pros: auxiliary help when needed
Cons: driving to the college in the winter weather
excellent faculty
students very eager to learn what I had to teach
great management
co-workers were very smart/ excellent teachers
the winter drive
I enjoyed the faculty and my teaching assignments
Too much
Staff (Former Employee), GLCJune 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Too much work. Too much stress. Crazy.
CLC is trying to cut many positions and let people go. Management cares less about anything except of meeting budget cut objectives. Stress is in the air. No appreciation whatsoever.
Seeing young Navy men and women learn skills for use in the fleet was very rewarding
Instructor/curriculum designer (Former Employee), Great Lake, ILJune 15, 2015
Pros: Able to see the immediate results of my efforts.
Cons: Extremely low pay.
My four years with the College of Lake County were mostly working with young sailors teaching them basic electronics or developing the curriculum they learned from. The environment easy to work in but the compensation was very low for the hours required. Seeing these young people get excited about what they were learning was very satisfying.
Gained experience
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good hours, good people
Cons: temp position, compensation low
I gained lots of good experience from this job. I was able to brush up on some of the skills that I had an also learn new things. It was only a summer job, but had it opened up to me full time I probably would have stayed.
Opportunity to get my hands dirty
Student Worker in Technical Theatre Department (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Work days started as early as 7 AM and ended as late as 7 PM, especially during summer musical productions. Days included anything from organizing props to building elaborate sets with different woods and metals, utilizing anything from spray paint to a pneumatic stapler. My management was intent on creating a friendly work place environment, while also completing tasks efficiently and with precision. The hardest part was learning how to use the different tools and equipment, but that was easily overcome with practice and slowing down to speed up. The most enjoyable part was the process of building, and the reward was seeing it all come together.
Great people all working together to continuously improve all aspects of the college
Office Associate - Facilities Department (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: very limited breaks and lunches, always on call
Working as an office associate in the facilities department at the College of Lake County in Grayslake, IL for almost 9 years (some time spent as a student worker) taught me so much about teamwork and most of all about people in general. My department was in charge of all of the building's grounds, maintenance, heating and cooling, and custodial. A typical day at work involved general office duties and providing direct support for the Facilities Director and other department supervisors. This job required strong customer service involving all different kinds of people, including but not limited to staff, faculty, students, vendors, outside event coordinators, and various members of the community. Every day was different and I loved the constant multitasking. The hardest part of the job was also in a way the most rewarding part as well - having to think on your feet in a quick but effective manner in solving various issues, dealing with difficult people, and most importantly following through with each and every person to ensure the customer was happy and the job, whatever it may be, was done right.
great opportunity for me as a new instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great hours; great team to work with
Cons: the best job i ever quit for other employment opportunities
Typical day was never a typical day...nothing was like the day before.

I loved my supervisor; very empowering
Great management - learned a lot.

Hardest par of the job was when the students quit school.
Most enjoyable part of the job was when someone was successful and became a counselor.
Productive and enjoyable job.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILSeptember 27, 2014
I enjoyed my experience with the school. It was new experience working as a Program Coordinator and working on federally funded grant.
Great evnironment
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILSeptember 25, 2014
CLC is a great place to teach. I have been a PT instructor there for 20 years.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILAugust 3, 2014
Adjunct clinical instructor managing nursing students in a clinical setting.
pleased with adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILJuly 22, 2014
Love it there and would love to move from adjunct to full time.
College of Lake
Testing Administer (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: geat instructors
Being a Testing Administer at College of Lake County is rewarding. Student come to the testing center with low- self esteem. As the students progress in their academic studies; it is rewarding to see the students self-esteem to grow as well.
Productive and experience work place
Automotive Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Grayslake, IllinoisJune 26, 2014
I have gained experience in:

•Expert knowledge and abilities in written communication.
•Organized and detail-oriented.
•Strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
•Perform checks, order supplies and stocking inventory on shelves inventory checks.
•Produce quality work under extreme time pressure and deadlines.
Great Job if you're in college
IT Tech (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible with your college schedule
Cons: pay scale, hours
just a relaxed atmosphere to continue your education. They are very flexible with your time. helping teachers is good
Custodian-Easy fun workplace.
Custodian (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILMay 14, 2014
Everybody work in there own area its a night shift job, the co-workers were very friendly
instructor
Instructor, Culinary Arts, Catering Management (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 31, 2014
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: teaching after a full day at marriott until 11 pm
I was a college instructor while I also worked for Marriott.

Very enjoyable to be able to continue to pass on my culinary knowledge to others