College of Lake County

College of Lake County Employer Reviews

Opportunity to get my hands dirty
Student Worker in Technical Theatre Department (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Work days started as early as 7 AM and ended as late as 7 PM, especially during summer musical productions. Days included anything from organizing props to building elaborate sets with different woods and metals, utilizing anything from spray paint to a pneumatic stapler. My management was intent on creating a friendly work place environment, while also completing tasks efficiently and with precision. The hardest part was learning how to use the different tools and equipment, but that was easily overcome with practice and slowing down to speed up. The most enjoyable part was the process of building, and the reward was seeing it all come together.
Great people all working together to continuously improve all aspects of the college
Office Associate - Facilities Department (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: very limited breaks and lunches, always on call
Working as an office associate in the facilities department at the College of Lake County in Grayslake, IL for almost 9 years (some time spent as a student worker) taught me so much about teamwork and most of all about people in general. My department was in charge of all of the building's grounds, maintenance, heating and cooling, and custodial. A typical day at work involved general office duties and providing direct support for the Facilities Director and other department supervisors. This job required strong customer service involving all different kinds of people, including but not limited to staff, faculty, students, vendors, outside event coordinators, and various members of the community. Every day was different and I loved the constant multitasking. The hardest part of the job was also in a way the most rewarding part as well - having to think on your feet in a quick but effective manner in solving various issues, dealing with difficult people, and most importantly following through with each and every person to ensure the customer was happy and the job, whatever it may be, was done right.
great opportunity for me as a new instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great hours; great team to work with
Cons: the best job i ever quit for other employment opportunities
Typical day was never a typical day...nothing was like the day before.

I loved my supervisor; very empowering
Great management - learned a lot.

Hardest par of the job was when the students quit school.
Most enjoyable part of the job was when someone was successful and became a counselor.
Productive and enjoyable job.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILSeptember 27, 2014
I enjoyed my experience with the school. It was new experience working as a Program Coordinator and working on federally funded grant.
Great evnironment
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILSeptember 25, 2014
CLC is a great place to teach. I have been a PT instructor there for 20 years.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILAugust 3, 2014
Adjunct clinical instructor managing nursing students in a clinical setting.
pleased with adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILJuly 22, 2014
Love it there and would love to move from adjunct to full time.
College of Lake
Testing Administer (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: geat instructors
Being a Testing Administer at College of Lake County is rewarding. Student come to the testing center with low- self esteem. As the students progress in their academic studies; it is rewarding to see the students self-esteem to grow as well.
Productive and experience work place
Automotive Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Grayslake, IllinoisJune 26, 2014
I have gained experience in:

•Expert knowledge and abilities in written communication.
•Organized and detail-oriented.
•Strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
•Perform checks, order supplies and stocking inventory on shelves inventory checks.
•Produce quality work under extreme time pressure and deadlines.
Great Job if you're in college
IT Tech (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible with your college schedule
Cons: pay scale, hours
just a relaxed atmosphere to continue your education. They are very flexible with your time. helping teachers is good
Custodian-Easy fun workplace.
Custodian (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILMay 14, 2014
Everybody work in there own area its a night shift job, the co-workers were very friendly
instructor
Instructor, Culinary Arts, Catering Management (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 31, 2014
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: teaching after a full day at marriott until 11 pm
I was a college instructor while I also worked for Marriott.

Very enjoyable to be able to continue to pass on my culinary knowledge to others
Above Average
Financial Aid Processor (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILMarch 7, 2014
Pros: off during christmas break
Loved the challenge that came with the job; great team and great place to work; good benefits.
Workign as a Service Desk Analyst
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: i do not really have one
A typical day at work for me would be to answer the phone calls and make tickets, as well as catching up on some homework. I learned how to deal with unsatisfied clients. My co-workers were very respectful and responsible. The hardest part was probably getting all the things down pack and knowing which caterogory they fall under. The most enjoyable part was being able to get my homework done.
community based educational environment with caring faculty
Adjunct Faculty, History Department (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: the overall environment
Cons: heavy reliance on adjunct faculty limited growth opportunities
I loved working at CLC. I taught here for over three years and I felt well supported by faculty and administration. Students were often poorly prepared to work at a college level, but they were almost always enthusiastic and eager to learn.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: working with students
Taught business courses. Created PowerPoint presentations, class notes, class activities and exams for two weekly classes.
Great Place To Work
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJanuary 11, 2014
It had a great atmosphere. The people were wonderful.
Very professional.
Relaxed and Informative
Help Desk/Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILDecember 26, 2013
Working in the lab at College of Lake County was very relaxed and informative. I learned alot about computers.
fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILDecember 23, 2013
the workplace is a fun and friendly workplace. Enjoy to working there. Love leaning new thing everyday.
Wonderful loving job.
Assist students (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILDecember 18, 2013
Pros: helping students
Cons: n/a
I first started at the College of Lake County, as a student worker. I January 2007 I became permit part time employee. I work with a variety of students, I help them sign up for classes, retrieve their CLC ID number. I also help them order there official transcripts. I do lots of customer service, I love helping students.

1 2 3