COLLEGE OF MARIN Employee Reviews

learning is a gift
Student (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 6, 2017
I went to oleo of Marin to improve my English speaking and writing. It is one of the most amicable college and not very expansive.You can save money and take a transferable units.
Chill Workstudy gig.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Kentfield, CAOctober 25, 2017
It was a job I had while at school and the management was very accommodating to my schedule as a student because they understand school comes first. Also, it was lit.
Pros
hw while work
Cons
limited hours
A Great Place to Work & Study
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CAOctober 18, 2017
I was able to help my peers by working in the Counseling Office and the Transfer Center. It was very rewarding work and prepared me for similar work when I transferred to Berkeley. Both of my supervisors were fantastic, everyone was treated with respect and courtesy.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Budgetary Limits.
Performing is music performing arts, and so much more.
Administrative Assistant/ Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CAAugust 15, 2017
I was a library tech, a important position, to keep the music library in order, and organized.

I a like working in the performing environment.

I enjoyed being a valuable contributor to the school.
Pros
I like everything I did on the job
Cons
was a temp job
Good Place to work
Athletic Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CAApril 14, 2017
This is a good place to work. The team is good and the pay is good. Low stress level work place and everyone's very inclusive. Community is very friendly
very inviting college
Director of the Chorus Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CAApril 13, 2017
I was warmly greeted and always had ample resources in Music. I was responsible for choosing music and directing the Chorus. It was also my job to find the venues to sing in. Although my research from the previous director was spotty, I was able to make all the determinations that were needed in securing venues. The room was great as it sat the 100 singers that I directed. Being sung to is about all the fun one can have.
Awesome working culture
FINE ARTS GALLERY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kentfield, CAJanuary 15, 2017
I can not wait to go back to work there. Awesome people, beautiful art, there is nothing better than working with fiends who have the same passion. Exhibiting the best Bay Area artists, discussing art with the students and professors, learning and shearing the knowledge.
Pros
Working with the awesome art
Cons
minimum pay, no benefits
college of marin
Workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CADecember 28, 2016
I like the staff there and they are very professional and helpful. The college is rated amongst the top community colleges in the state of california.

It is challenging to get a job here as a permanent full time employee due to the competition of applicants.
Great Program
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJuly 18, 2016
Great program to coach and learn about what it takes to teach baseball and promote academics. Lots of student athletes to coach and keep practices organized and fluid.
Student Worker
Work Study Student - Admissions & Records (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAApril 5, 2016
I worked at College of Marin while attending school. I enjoyed the staff, and the flexibility of this position. The management made me feel comfortable and gave me time to study while working as a work-study student.
lab coordinator amd teacher assistance
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  835 College Ave, Kentfield, CA 94904February 17, 2016
a typical day at work would setting up cadaver at the lab for students and organizing small groups after each class session for extra help.
the hardest part of the job is to clean the cadaver after each lab section but fun part of the job is you get to deal with real dead bodies instead of models.
Pros
fun learning
Cons
short breaks
Great learning experience.
Interior Design (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CAJune 11, 2015
Learned all facets of interior decoration and design. Worked with a great group of people on numerous projects, learning about different architects and their views on design.
Work Study Student
Office Aide II/Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CAApril 28, 2015
Assisted College of Marin's Admissions and Records and Financial Aid departments with various clerical and phone coverage.
Pros
Flexible hours around classes
Cons
Must be attending college
Pleasant environment and very nice people
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Kentfield, CAMarch 29, 2012
A nice place to work, most departments are very well run. Unions provide good job security and benefits. Four-day work week during summer sessions.
Pros
educational opportunities
Cons
construction