College of Saint Rose Employee Reviews

Rating of collegeof st. Rose
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 19, 2017
Great place to work, especially the Department of Music. The faculty and staff are friendly and the students are excellent. The college is a very student-centered place where the students enjoy being there and the professors enjoy teaching them. I recommend this college of any student or teacher who wishes to be part of an excellent college and an excellent team of teachers.
Pros
Friendly yet professional atmosphere
Cons
President of college has some challenges to overcome
st rose
Grounds Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 14, 2016
a nice place to work great benefits nice atmosphere don't expect raises but lots of time off. union shop job security. off street parking
Pros
union shop
Cons
union shop, president
Great environment to work in
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 15, 2016
A typical work day consists of making copies and searching for anything athletic department related. I was also able to get a deeper understanding of Microsoft office. My co-workers were great and were willing to help out if I had any questions.
Great
Knight Host (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 9, 2016
This school has a great faculty and great programs. They can help you find a job anywhere local or in your home town. A typical day at work is very busy and lots of walking everywhere on campus. I have learned how to do everything more for myself and place myself first. Management is okay very hard to actually get scheduled to work. Co-workers are picked randomly but otherwise they are nice. The hardest part of the job is making sure you completed all tasks that the host wanted to do in such a short time span. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people through out the journey.
Pros
Great Faculty
Cons
Expensive
A good college with a small comunity
fulltime student/ Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  366 western avenue Albany NYJanuary 8, 2016
The college of Saint Rose is a college where not only student learn how to be independent, but to become responsible and experienced for future careers.
Management is creating a hostile work environment making it impossible to work there.
Custodian II (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 4, 2015
I am currently waiting on an arbitration hearing as I fight for my job there. The management in the department persecute the employees trying to cut down on the expenditure of salaries at the cost of employees.
Pros
I enjoyed interaction with students and staff.
Cons
There are no way for employees in the department to advance their careers.
Great place for students to work
Office Aid (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in, greeting other staff, and sitting at the desk to see what needed to be done that day. Most of the job was filing and organizing a multitude of things. The hardest part of the job was working with a slow database.
Productive Work Environment
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 21, 2015
On the job I would take care of the Plumeri Sports Complex by mowing, edging, weed whacking, weed control, pest control, fertilizing, seeding, and garbage removal
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
N/a
Fun workplace
Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my supervisors prepare activities for their clients. Observing the supervisors working with the clients helped me learn alot.
Student Clinician
Clinical Experience (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 11, 2015
Gained professional qualities to bring with me to my jobs. The College provided me with clinical experiences that have expanded my knowledge of the SLP profession.
fun work place
Intercultural Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Albany, New YorkMay 3, 2015
a typical day included keeping the office open late, tutoring, putting on programs. Rich and open environment that allows from growth and free expression.
good student employement
IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 9, 2015
daily interaction with students with little to no training offered. Little room for advancment and locked in pay with no chance of raise.
Pros
flexable
Cons
work enviroment
Productive and provides great experience
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 17, 2013
- Informative
- Increased my communication skills
- Ability to multi-task is a must
- Flexible Schedules
I love my college
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 1, 2013
I don't know a lot about Saint Rose employment because I am a workstudy student, but I know that they have a lot of benefits for those that work here. It is a friendly environment and the students here are amazing. A lot of respect and a great community to be apart of.