College of Southern Idaho Employee Reviews

I love the people and this job!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 23, 2016
I get paid well to work, I get treated well, and the people here are amazing. I could not ask for a better job being in college. Working here full time, the benefits are outstanding! Free school, free gym, health, life, dental, and vision insurance! This place is laid back but professional all the same! I couldn't be happier with my time here so far.
Pros
Benefits, Environment, Management
Cons
Nope!
Great Place
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 26, 2016
Typical day at work can get a little slow but not that bad.
Teaches you how to be independent.
Management is AWESOME
Some coworkers can be annoying but that is typical of any place. For the most part all of the people that work there are pretty great
sometimes it is hard to find something to do the whole time you are there after you have cleaned everything.
meeting new people.
Healthy work enviroment
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 12, 2015
I started out this job by typically being in uniform and being ready to manually clock in. I was the front desk person and typically if there where any problems occurring at the gym i would be first to respond to the issue. I learned how to deal with customers as well as students. I learned that you have to approach everyone differently and that everything has to be in order for customers to be happy. I also learned that when you have time and your part of the management team take your time and help your co workers out. You will earn their respect and explain everything that is being done in detail, so they know why they are doing something instead just issuing out orders.
Pros
Managing a group of students
Cons
not enough hours and pay
Great organization.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 22, 2015
Great organization. Good place to start a career. Loved working with students.
Supportive enviroment
Student (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 13, 2014
This company is fantastic they really care about your success and you achieving all of your goals. They have a support team that helps you at ever turn to find the right way you should go to thrive and succeed.
Pros
Supportive Caring Team
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 22, 2014
Community College with an associate degree nursing program. The hardest part of the job is observing students struggle and/or not pass a course within the program. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students demonstrate their ability to "put it all together" and the faculty student relationships.
Productve workplace
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDDecember 5, 2013
I learned about working on the internet and how to answer phones. A typical day at work for me consisted of filing papers, organizing files, answering phone calls and helping students.
Pros
Got to meet alot fo people
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work for
Mail Room Clerk/ Switch Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 26, 2013
It was fun to sort and deliver mail to each department. As well as working the switchboard. I learned to sort and process in coming and out going mail. Management were outstanding, friendly and helpful. The staff was friendly and also helpful.I loved the people I came in contact with.
Pros
Helpful managers and co-workers. Great envirionment.
Cons
Hard to advance if you do not have a college degree
Friendly atmosphere, lots of students to meet and co-workers
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDApril 20, 2013
Every day of vacuuming and cleaning lots of areas in the Taylor building. Learned how to scrub tile floors and clean carpets. management doesnt do their job completely. Most of my co-workers are very nice. The hardest part of job is learing how to work with equipment. Early morning hours before 8am is most enjoyable part of the day or if working swing swift would be after 6pm.
Pros
free food mostly on swing shift. half hour to eat lunch while paid for it
Cons
only have half break
enjoyed the job -- hated it was part time
Chef (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IdOctober 15, 2012
I loved the cooking for the dorm students. hated that when the school closed for holidays, breaks, or the summer, my pay was dramaticaly decreased
Fun
College Of Southern Idaho Information Desk (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 25, 2012
its a great job; i basically just sit at a desk and answer questions. nothing all that glamorus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Southern Idaho. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8