College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

Good job for those in school
Testing Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2017
Everyone is great to work with and the majority of management is more than happy to work around your schedule as long as you give them notice. However, you are limited in upward mobility and total working time.
Writing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
A great place to work but the hr per week weren't enough. It was a part time position but the budget was cut during the semester and hrs were reduced.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough hours
working for CSN
its called a LOA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89102September 12, 2017
I love working at CSN. I have gotten to stretch my abilities in places I had no idea I could go. For that I will be forever grateful to my boss . My only negative is this is not a full time position and because of that I have no benefits or vacation or ill days. That and the system only pays monthly not bi weekly as I am used to . Other than that I truly enjoy being there and appreciate the subjects and students that have enriched my life so much.
Pros
able to teach a wide variety of subjects
Cons
no benefits and pay is monthly
I am student at College of Southern Nevada
Student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2017
I do not work at this place. I am student at College of Southern Nevada. I'm not sure why it keeps asking me about my "employment" here because I am not employed there.
Great supervisor, laid back work environment
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
I don't know about all the supervisors at CSN, but mine was awesome. She was understanding and helpful, always willing to assist me balance my personal and work life.
Pros
Easy work, good supervisors
Cons
Less than optimal pay.
Productive and Occupational Growth
Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2017
This is a great institution for occupational growth and training for professional advancement. I have been working at this institution for the past 9 years, as I have had much support from my supervisors and colleagues. I would highly recommend this institution to work for in cases of advancing professional, support, and job secruity.
Diverse student body made teaching exciting. I was able to teach English, ESL, German and Latin
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2017
The diverse student body made teaching exciting and fun. College administrators were often difficult to deal with. Works was often assigned or cancelled last minute. I was able to teach college level English to non-resident students, ESL, German and Latin which made teaching challenging but very enjoyable as well.
It was college not a job
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2017
I was a full time student attempting to for a degree in the education field so could then become a teacher for high school students. I would have also liked to coach wrestling
Productive work place.
Basic Life Support Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
A very productive place to work. All faculty are very professional and courteous. The staff are a very diversified group of people from all backgrounds and discipline.
Disorganized
Part-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2017
101 semester staff was not very friendly to a newbie. The program was disorganized. Not the program I graduated from but I loved teaching and the students! Pay was terrible for the amount of work. The experience for a new teacher was excellent!
slow paced...positions are on temporary contracts most times
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVMay 16, 2017
Its a decent place to work. lots of events happen on campus so that's a great thing...they focus on engaging the students a lot. most people are friendly
Productive and Fun place to work with all the co-workers
College Work Study (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2017
I like working in this Department because the environment is more active and the Adviser and College Work Study are friendly. A typical Day at work is always busy when it come to the last day of semesters. What I learned here is how we handle students to enroll classes and register for CSN. The Supervisor is really nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job is when this place get crazy usually at the end of every semester.
Awesome !
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2017
at the college of southern nevada, you will find a great environment to work at. everyone is willing to help each other out. I have no complain what so ever about the job.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89002May 8, 2017
Enjoyed working here as a student who was attending CCSN. The management of my department was well organized and helpful in any situation that arose. Fast paced and fun.
coaching college softball
Head Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 2, 2017
you have meeting with staff, coaches, trainers and athletic director. players meetings in the afternoons and practices for two to three hours Monday-Saturday.
excellent place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 21, 2017
Pleasant working conditions and excellent staff. I was there for 14 years and enjoyed every minute.Students are willing to work with me and are self motivated.
Great place for everyone
Chinese Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
The college is a pleasant place to work at, and I had plenty of freedom to teach the way I enjoy. Students give honest and fair assessment at the end of school year and I was told I had always received amazing compliments.
A lot of initiatives to help improve student success.
Director of Advising and Coaching Services (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2017
There is a lot of initiatives to help improve student success. You can easily spend a lot of time on committee work. Bottom line is school of that size (35k) needs more staff.
Productive and Educational Environment
Switchboard Operator/Testing Proctor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 3, 2017
I enjoy working at the College of Southern Nevada. I am not satisfied with the my overall salary. This job has been very flexible for me considering I am going to school. I enjoy working in an educational environment where I am constantly learning new things every day.
Pros
Continous Education
Cons
Low wage
Excellent work experience
English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor, (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2017
CSN is a great place to work. The management and staff are friendly and professional. I recommend it. It's worth looking at their website to get more information about working for CSN.