College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2016
Very respectful staff. Friendly environment and offered flexibility for employees. Seemed to care about personal life demands.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Strange problems with executive level management
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
none except you must be qualified to teach the subject matter you have been hired for with a minimum of a masters degree . And I enjoy teaching
Easy job for students
Student Worker, Advising and Coaching Office (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 18, 2016
Worked as a Student worker and mostly did secretarial work, answering phones, handling files, creating schedules, etc.
Great place to work!
Teacher andInstructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
The job is incredibly rewarding. Students and management recognize the hard work and personal passion for the job.
Cons
no benefits
Professional recruitment process
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2016
I liked the recruitment staff at the CSN who were very professional and fast in providing information. Teaching at CSN is fun, too!
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
N/A
Great place to help others find their educatinal path
Language Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2016
Working here gives me satisfaction because I have the opportunity and responsibility to help other people achieve the educational goals.
Great experience as an adjunct
Adjunct Professor - Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2016
I worked at the Summerlin campus of CSN. I taught a night class as an adjunct and really enjoyed it!
The facility was well kept and the front desk personel were friendly.
Pros
Autonomous instructional time
Cons
No feedback
N/a
Leadership Workshop Leader (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
No company review is to be provided, because College of Southern Nevada is a school. I happened to volunteer and lead a workshop for other students on the topic of stereotyping.
I am so thankful for this job
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
.....but I have been going to school to learn Medical Billing and Coding and I graduate in just a few weeks. What I have learned here and College of Southern Nevada I will take with me into my future. I spend my days answering phones for students and faculty alike. I help students through the matriculation process. Being a student also gives me the ability to know what they need to do, I bring my own experience into the conversation. It has been a lot of fun working here at the switchboard and I am going to miss it.
Fun!
Office Assistant, Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2016
It was a wonderful place to learn from the counseling staff. I learned how to help others with making their decisions for a better life
Pros
Lots of positive personalities
Cons
I can't think of anything
Productive workplace
Student Worker & F/T student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaApril 4, 2016
Productive workplace, flexible schedule, and great people to work with. Clean and organize diesel and collision labs.
Pros
Flexible
Flexible work schedule
Student Assistant Team Represenative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
With this job you can manage your work schedule based off of if you have a doctors appt, or family emergency. Working for csn is a pretty good started job for someone who is looking for their first job, its also a great way to learn about yourself and develop your customer service skills more
Pros
we are all one big family
Cons
work hours
good atmosphere
Data Input Specialist/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day includes dealing with multiple incoming and current students, filing exams, inputting test scores, and curriculum updates.
Fun, would love to volunteer there again.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2015
I only worked at the planetarium, but it was good for myself especially since my field of interest is astronomy. I had a lot of fun doing what I did even if I practically did anything I was needed for, from teaching to just meeting and greeting people at the entrance.

I was there probably five to six hours per day. Ranging from the afternoon to late at night. I only wish I could have worked more than I already did.
Pros
Nice atmosphere to work in. Friendly people.
Regal theaters
Usher, customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
The computer put CSN instead of regal. I went to CSN as a student. Its where my better understanding of computers started. Now I go to ITT-tech.
Pros
People
Cons
Customers
A Wonderful Place to Work and Learn
American Heart Association BLS & AED Instructorc (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
The work community at the College of Southern Nevada's Workforce Development Devision is very supportive and dedicated to teaching and enriching the students that attend its many programs. Working in the field I have learned how to communicate with diverse groups of people in a unified manner. All staff are friendly, and helpful, working toward to goal of bettering Southern Nevada's working community.
Review
Part-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las vegasSeptember 9, 2015
This company is having a very positive environment, every day I have a challenge and I learn something new. I do have such a nice co-workers. The hardest part of this job is I have to deal with a lot of students in daily bases
I love teaching for CSN
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2015
I teach an online course in Concierge Management. The Students are very nice and the team in the Travel and Tourism Department is very supportive. I enjoy the opportunity to pass on my knowledge.
Pros
Excellent Support Team
Cons
End of Semester can be time consuming
CSN's benefits
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
The campus is beautiful and the students are hard working. However, there were certain financial promises that were not met.
Pros
Beauty
Cons
Salary
Adjunct faculty @ the College of Southern Nevada - teaching 3-D drafting and 3-D printing in a college environment
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2015
Arrive at the campus, deal with anything pending for the previous day. Correct and grade assignments from students. work in the LAB - helping students from all the CAD classes as needed. In the afternoon, conduct 3-D modeling classes in both Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks. I also taught a 3-D printing course; introducing students to 3-D printing and 3-D scanning.
Pros
Educating students and watching their excitement as they learned new skills
Cons
College of Southern Nevada cut most of the CAD program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Southern Nevada. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2