College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

CSN's benefits
English Instructor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
Pros: Beauty
Cons: Salary
The campus is beautiful and the students are hard working. However, there were certain financial promises that were not met.
Adjunct faculty @ the College of Southern Nevada - teaching 3-D drafting and 3-D printing in a college environment
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2015
Pros: educating students and watching their excitement as they learned new skills
Cons: college of southern nevada cut most of the cad program.
Arrive at the campus, deal with anything pending for the previous day. Correct and grade assignments from students. work in the LAB - helping students from all the CAD classes as needed. In the afternoon, conduct 3-D modeling classes in both Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks. I also taught a 3-D printing course; introducing students to 3-D printing and 3-D scanning.
Great experience
Work Study (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of experience, and guidance
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
A calm and fun clerical job in a friendly environment in the human resources department of the college. Training is done by supervisor no weeks spent doing training courses. Very hands on and clerical.
Wonderful place to work and learn
Peer Ambassador (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: did most work on own. traveled to different schools elementary - high school
Cons: sometimes a pain due to distance needed to travel at times
Was wonderful to go to different sites and promote not only CSN but continuing education in general. Everyone was friendly, skilled, and always encouraging. Most times was able to study when finished with immediate duties except when at different sites. Giving tours was always fun because you were able to show and tell them the best about the college.
Student Technician
Technician Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2014
Pros: paid to sit around if there's nothing to do
Cons: pay isn't much or benefits.
What's not to like in government type jobs? It's not about numbers but getting the job done. As long as you do your work, you can relax the rest of the day or in between jobs and get paid for it.
Working for the College
Custodial Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed my time at this facility. However, there was too much Managment drama, when I was hired on. And it effected job security. I was never really certain how long I would have a position.
Supervisor's were great. Co-workers were great, some lacky's. Managment out of control and very threatening.
Fasinating.
Student (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
Having CSN help me find jobs to get through school was awesome and the people are very nice. I learned a lot about working alone and with others.
Na
Student Worker (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJune 16, 2014
I was a student worker in the ASCSN Student Government . The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to listen to what the students needs were and working with the staff at the College of Southern Nevada .
A rewarding and eye opening experience
Summer Math Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2014
Pros: rewarding and educational experience
Cons: low pay and short hours
As a math teacher at CSN, I would review basic math topics and answer any questions and offer help to ensure my students passed the course successfully. I learned that effective communication is unique to each person and that creativity and problem solving is a must when approaching a problem of any magnitude. The hardest part of my job was ensuring my students completed the course, but the most enjoyable part was seeing them succeed and their gratitude.
Amazing Place To Work
HR Generalist/ Lead Instructor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: nothing
I really enjoyed working here. A place where i could grow and learn and share my skills.
Always on the move and fast.
Baseball Announcer (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 29, 2014
Pros: good boss, fast paced
Typical day was to get ready to announce baseball games. I learned just about everything their is to getting a broadcast set up the correct way. The co-workers were awesome and their was not a hard part to this job.
Unique, Interesting, and Memorable
Student Ambassador, Recruitment (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2014
As a student ambassador I have the opportunity to help students on a daily basis. This has contributed to a much fuller college experience for me. As a psychology major, I have found it invaluable to be able to sit across from students and counsel them on their given situation. This combination has made my position as a student ambassador, one that is unique, interesting, and memorable.

My managers and co-workers are all a delight to work with. There is a real sense of team spirit and camaraderie.
Lecturing is a great skill to perfect as a project manager
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2014
Pros: two days per week lectures
Cons: teacher's pay
Helping construction management students grasp concepts and core knowledge of the complete process of participating in a building project. Grading exams and using power point and sample documents to help enforce weekly reading requirements. Meeting actively working construction personnel was great.
College Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne Campus, North Las VegasFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: lots of work
Multiple projects requires constant review of schedules.
creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community
Library assistant (Former Employee), West Charleston Campus , Las Vegas NevadaFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: environment where collaboration and creative problem solving thrive
Cons: time conflict of my studying while working
To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information
To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information
To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information
its fun work place
Student (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free turor
Cons: health care
I am a good person i enjoy with the customer. and fun with them,
They fleece adjuncts
Teaching Associate, English (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2013
Pros: it was a job, i enjoyed teaching.
Cons: workplace politics are insane and you sink, unless you belong to a strong clique. low compensation.
and they are afraid of those who perform better than they do.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2013
I work for an awesome group of people. I have learned about working in Facilities Management. I never knew the depth of what goes into maintaining a company.
Productive: Sales Associate and Cashier
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2013
Pros: new work experience
Cons: no medical, short lunches
Count money before logging in the cashier
How to work with money, and being a sales associate
Co-workers were amazing
Learning to working cashier
That I got to learn to work cashier and I actually like it
Great school
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2013
Nursing program is challenging yet appropriate. You learn to take care of patients throughout the program in full nursing capacity.