College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Teacher andInstructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
The job is incredibly rewarding. Students and management recognize the hard work and personal passion for the job.
Cons
no benefits
Excellent Place to Work
Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2016
Very respectful staff. Friendly environment and offered flexibility for employees. Seemed to care about personal life demands.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Strange problems with executive level management
Professional recruitment process
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2016
I liked the recruitment staff at the CSN who were very professional and fast in providing information. Teaching at CSN is fun, too!
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
N/A
Representing the College was an Amazing Experience
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Everyone walks a path. I found that I like to help them find that path. We are all good at something and making people feel special is my gift.
Pros
Helped Hundreds of people find their way back to school
Cons
That it was not a permanent position
I am so thankful for this job
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
.....but I have been going to school to learn Medical Billing and Coding and I graduate in just a few weeks. What I have learned here and College of Southern Nevada I will take with me into my future. I spend my days answering phones for students and faculty alike. I help students through the matriculation process. Being a student also gives me the ability to know what they need to do, I bring my own experience into the conversation. It has been a lot of fun working here at the switchboard and I am going to miss it.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
none except you must be qualified to teach the subject matter you have been hired for with a minimum of a masters degree . And I enjoy teaching
Great place to help others find their educatinal path
Language Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2016
Working here gives me satisfaction because I have the opportunity and responsibility to help other people achieve the educational goals.
Easy job for students
Student Worker, Advising and Coaching Office (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 18, 2016
Worked as a Student worker and mostly did secretarial work, answering phones, handling files, creating schedules, etc.
Great experience as an adjunct
Adjunct Professor - Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2016
I worked at the Summerlin campus of CSN. I taught a night class as an adjunct and really enjoyed it!
The facility was well kept and the front desk personel were friendly.
Pros
Autonomous instructional time
Cons
No feedback
Flexible work schedule
Student Assistant Team Represenative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
With this job you can manage your work schedule based off of if you have a doctors appt, or family emergency. Working for csn is a pretty good started job for someone who is looking for their first job, its also a great way to learn about yourself and develop your customer service skills more
Pros
we are all one big family
Cons
work hours
I did work study for the college and it was a good experience. I learned a lot.
Professor Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2013
I worked with the newspaper staff and I did the graphics for a professor for her wine tasting event. I called vendors and companies to donate to her wine taster scholarship fundraiser. I kept a document spread sheet on who I called and what they were going to donate. I learned how to code call. The professor was very helpful in teaching me how to operate a fundraiser. The hardest part of my job was getting the companies to commit to donating. The most enjoyable part of the job was the event. The wine taster had a great turn out and five students received scholarship money for school because of the wine taster.
Pros
I learned how to appropriately asked for donations over the phone.
Cons
It was hard at first code calling but it became easier with time.
N/a
Leadership Workshop Leader (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
No company review is to be provided, because College of Southern Nevada is a school. I happened to volunteer and lead a workshop for other students on the topic of stereotyping.
Fun!
Office Assistant, Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2016
It was a wonderful place to learn from the counseling staff. I learned how to help others with making their decisions for a better life
Pros
Lots of positive personalities
Cons
I can't think of anything
Productive workplace
Student Worker & F/T student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaApril 4, 2016
Productive workplace, flexible schedule, and great people to work with. Clean and organize diesel and collision labs.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Fun, would love to volunteer there again.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2015
I only worked at the planetarium, but it was good for myself especially since my field of interest is astronomy. I had a lot of fun doing what I did even if I practically did anything I was needed for, from teaching to just meeting and greeting people at the entrance.

I was there probably five to six hours per day. Ranging from the afternoon to late at night. I only wish I could have worked more than I already did.
Pros
Nice atmosphere to work in. Friendly people.
good atmosphere
Data Input Specialist/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day includes dealing with multiple incoming and current students, filing exams, inputting test scores, and curriculum updates.
A Wonderful Place to Work and Learn
American Heart Association BLS & AED Instructorc (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
The work community at the College of Southern Nevada's Workforce Development Devision is very supportive and dedicated to teaching and enriching the students that attend its many programs. Working in the field I have learned how to communicate with diverse groups of people in a unified manner. All staff are friendly, and helpful, working toward to goal of bettering Southern Nevada's working community.
A rewarding experience
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 27, 2013
I really enjoyed working at CSN it was my pleasure to assist the students, faculty, and the staff. By working in the Math Department, I learned The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act guidelines which is very similar the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 guidelines in healthcare. The management team very organized and structured.

All of my coworkers were friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was departing because it was only a contracted position. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving student registration issues diplomatically and expediently to ensure satisfaction.
Pros
A great place to work
Cons
Only a temporary position
They fleece adjuncts
Teaching Associate, English (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2013
and they are afraid of those who perform better than they do.
Pros
It was a job, I enjoyed teaching.
Cons
Workplace politics are insane and you sink, unless you belong to a strong clique. Low compensation.
I love teaching for CSN
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2015
I teach an online course in Concierge Management. The Students are very nice and the team in the Travel and Tourism Department is very supportive. I enjoy the opportunity to pass on my knowledge.
Pros
Excellent Support Team
Cons
End of Semester can be time consuming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Southern Nevada. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2