College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

Productive and Occupational Growth
Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2017
This is a great institution for occupational growth and training for professional advancement. I have been working at this institution for the past 9 years, as I have had much support from my supervisors and colleagues. I would highly recommend this institution to work for in cases of advancing professional, support, and job secruity.
Diverse student body made teaching exciting. I was able to teach English, ESL, German and Latin
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2017
The diverse student body made teaching exciting and fun. College administrators were often difficult to deal with. Works was often assigned or cancelled last minute. I was able to teach college level English to non-resident students, ESL, German and Latin which made teaching challenging but very enjoyable as well.
It was college not a job
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2017
I was a full time student attempting to for a degree in the education field so could then become a teacher for high school students. I would have also liked to coach wrestling
Productive work place.
Basic Life Support Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
A very productive place to work. All faculty are very professional and courteous. The staff are a very diversified group of people from all backgrounds and discipline.
Disorganized
Part-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2017
101 semester staff was not very friendly to a newbie. The program was disorganized. Not the program I graduated from but I loved teaching and the students! Pay was terrible for the amount of work. The experience for a new teacher was excellent!
slow paced...positions are on temporary contracts most times
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVMay 16, 2017
Its a decent place to work. lots of events happen on campus so that's a great thing...they focus on engaging the students a lot. most people are friendly
Productive and Fun place to work with all the co-workers
College Work Study (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2017
I like working in this Department because the environment is more active and the Adviser and College Work Study are friendly. A typical Day at work is always busy when it come to the last day of semesters. What I learned here is how we handle students to enroll classes and register for CSN. The Supervisor is really nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job is when this place get crazy usually at the end of every semester.
Awesome !
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2017
at the college of southern nevada, you will find a great environment to work at. everyone is willing to help each other out. I have no complain what so ever about the job.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89002May 8, 2017
Enjoyed working here as a student who was attending CCSN. The management of my department was well organized and helpful in any situation that arose. Fast paced and fun.
coaching college softball
Head Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 2, 2017
you have meeting with staff, coaches, trainers and athletic director. players meetings in the afternoons and practices for two to three hours Monday-Saturday.
excellent place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 21, 2017
Pleasant working conditions and excellent staff. I was there for 14 years and enjoyed every minute.Students are willing to work with me and are self motivated.
Great place for everyone
Chinese Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
The college is a pleasant place to work at, and I had plenty of freedom to teach the way I enjoy. Students give honest and fair assessment at the end of school year and I was told I had always received amazing compliments.
A lot of initiatives to help improve student success.
Director of Advising and Coaching Services (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2017
There is a lot of initiatives to help improve student success. You can easily spend a lot of time on committee work. Bottom line is school of that size (35k) needs more staff.
Productive and Educational Environment
Switchboard Operator/Testing Proctor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 3, 2017
I enjoy working at the College of Southern Nevada. I am not satisfied with the my overall salary. This job has been very flexible for me considering I am going to school. I enjoy working in an educational environment where I am constantly learning new things every day.
Pros
Continous Education
Cons
Low wage
Excellent work experience
English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor, (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2017
CSN is a great place to work. The management and staff are friendly and professional. I recommend it. It's worth looking at their website to get more information about working for CSN.
good college
Volunteer at Ambassador Day (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2017
is an educational institution or a constituent part of one. A college may be a degree-awarding tertiary educational institution, a part of a collegiate or federal university, or an institution offering vocational education.
Representing the College was an Amazing Experience
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Everyone walks a path. I found that I like to help them find that path. We are all good at something and making people feel special is my gift.
Pros
Helped Hundreds of people find their way back to school
Cons
That it was not a permanent position
Excellent Place to Work
Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2016
Very respectful staff. Friendly environment and offered flexibility for employees. Seemed to care about personal life demands.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Strange problems with executive level management
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
none except you must be qualified to teach the subject matter you have been hired for with a minimum of a masters degree . And I enjoy teaching
Easy job for students
Student Worker, Advising and Coaching Office (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 18, 2016
Worked as a Student worker and mostly did secretarial work, answering phones, handling files, creating schedules, etc.