College of Southern Nevada

College of Southern Nevada Employer Reviews

Lecturing is a great skill to perfect as a project manager
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2014
Pros: two days per week lectures
Cons: teacher's pay
Helping construction management students grasp concepts and core knowledge of the complete process of participating in a building project. Grading exams and using power point and sample documents to help enforce weekly reading requirements. Meeting actively working construction personnel was great.
College Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne Campus, North Las VegasFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: lots of work
Multiple projects requires constant review of schedules.
creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community
Library assistant (Former Employee), West Charleston Campus , Las Vegas NevadaFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: environment where collaboration and creative problem solving thrive
Cons: time conflict of my studying while working
To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information
To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information
To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information
its fun work place
Student (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free turor
Cons: health care
I am a good person i enjoy with the customer. and fun with them,
They fleece adjuncts
Teaching Associate, English (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2013
Pros: it was a job, i enjoyed teaching.
Cons: workplace politics are insane and you sink, unless you belong to a strong clique. low compensation.
and they are afraid of those who perform better than they do.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2013
I work for an awesome group of people. I have learned about working in Facilities Management. I never knew the depth of what goes into maintaining a company.
Productive: Sales Associate and Cashier
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2013
Pros: new work experience
Cons: no medical, short lunches
Count money before logging in the cashier
How to work with money, and being a sales associate
Co-workers were amazing
Learning to working cashier
That I got to learn to work cashier and I actually like it
Great school
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2013
Nursing program is challenging yet appropriate. You learn to take care of patients throughout the program in full nursing capacity.
Great program for high school students
Budgeting Services Secretary (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2013
I was able to get help with school work as well as get paid to have a job. There was always something to do in the office.
really professional with people so respectful
Front & Back desk worker (Former Employee), las vegas, NVOctober 15, 2013
I was work study at that time. There was great people working . I was in charge of transferring credits from schools all over the US. Also assist new students with registration and enrolling to classes every semester.
assist students in recieving financial aid
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), las vegas,nvOctober 9, 2013
Pros: customer service experience
Cons: no compensation for services
This job had it's ups and downs. Ups:you get to see a very minute percent of the population of students smile, and they work well with your schedule. Downs: everything else. Most supervisors dgaf about the students there's no 'compensation' for all the bs you have to go through.
Fun and Easy Going Work Environment
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: can sometimes be very slow
The days at work are usually pretty eventful. I learned a lot about Nevada's higher education system. Management was usually on top of everything. The hardest part was sitting all day. The most enjoyable part was meeting so many unique and interesting individuals every day.
Coordinator for the College of Southern Nevada Sports Center
Intramural Sports and Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2013
Responsibilities within my current position include administrative and operational activities of the CSN Sports Center facility that servers over 32,000 students, faculty, and staff members, with intramural and extramural sports, club sports, membership sales, and fitness and wellness programs. As the Coordinator I develop, enhance, and implement policies, – more... procedures, objectives, and goals for the CSN Sports Center, including directing safety, security, and risk management. I evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current services and programs offered, maintain current knowledge of facility operations, Intramural Sports rules and policies, Fitness and Wellness industry trends, and membership sales goals pursuant to the mission of the department. I oversee operating budgets, and gift accounts for the CSN Sports Center. I report expenses and projected needs, evaluate financial performance, program quality, and ensure a high level of customer service. I actively recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise and provide leadership to Administrative Assistants, a team of student workers, and several volunteers. I collectively work with staff to define short and long term goals, monitor progress of assigned tasks, and ensure programs are consistent with policy. As a professional at CSN, I capitalize on opportunities to collaborate with a multitude of Faculty, Staff and student employees. I am proud to have been a co-presenter at the Student Affairs Customer Service Training's offered to Faculty, Staff and student employees this past year in which I received an award as a trainer and I have been asked to participate again this year in the Customer Service Training's. – less
Fun to help students
Computer Lab Instructor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2013
Managing lab operations and fielding questions from students and faculty/staff along with general public. Providing IT support to students is like being a teacher in a way. In that regard, it is very fulfilling to help students with their IT needs.
It is an absolutely great school if you are looking to start your education.
Student Government Senator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2013
The College of Southern Nevada is a great school. It is affordable, and the class sizes are perfect. The teachers are great and the atmosphere is fun.
Great place to work while in college
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2013
I worked there so I could pay for my own classes. In fact, that was a requirement to work there. A student employee had to have at least 6 credits per semester to keep the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping teachers to do their job. We would help with computers, projectors, and other electronics the teachers needed to teach their classes.
Taught students, about travel and conventions
Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2013
Pros: two days a week
Cons: sending non english speaking students
loved working with students from all over the world that came to study about travel and conventions. Hardest part was when students did not speak good english and had to try and help them to understand.
Susan Ward, CCMA
Instructor (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2013
Pros: meet lots of people
Cons: maybe money. but i dont know that for sure
Arrive at work, change clothing if necessary.. Perform triage. Weigh and take patient to patient room. Perform TPR and Blood Pressure.
Ask patient about family history medications they are taking, pleasent chatting, see if they are compfortable, then the doctor will be with you soon .
Fun workplace, good first job.
Financial aid student worker/scanner (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2013
Scan paperwork, basic office work.
You meet many new people everyday.
Management always help.
Exciting Place to Work
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2013
Pros: got to teach my way
Cons: had to travel to many different sites to check up on students
Worked for this company as adjunct instructor and then was happy to accept the offer to teach full time. My peers were excellent and helped me every way possible. Really hated leaving.