COLLEGE OF WESTERN IDAHO Employee Reviews

Good education and very helpful tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 10, 2017
As a tutor, I helped other students with various classes, mainly working with accounting students. It was a very enjoyable and pleasant experience. Very nice people to work with and my boss was very helpful.
Great place to work while going to school
Tutor/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 8, 2017
Great place to work. The business department staff are an amazing group of people. While you are not allowed to work very many hours a week, this allows you balance school work easily.
Fun rewarding to work in education
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDOctober 5, 2017
The students are amazing. Loved the caring community. The management was fun and up beat like a family atmosphere. The nursing department is growing into a wonderful program I was glad to be have the experience working part time.
fun
CNA Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDSeptember 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working at CWI, i enjoyed assisting the students as they gained hands on experience as CNAs. My co-workers and management were great if needed time off, others would step up and help cover shifts when my dad ended up in the hospital. Everyone was very supportive.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no PTO time or discounts at the college for part-time employees
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 24, 2017
I was a student! I did work for a degree. the instructors were great, I did a 4.0 first quarter. we worked on every aspect of drafting, including working on a resume.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Was not any
Good work enviroment
Assistant Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 19, 2017
I worked in the tutoring lab in the Micron CTE building. Boss was awesome and allowed me to work on homework when the lab was slow. The crew was great to work with. Would work with my school schedule or when I needed to take care of a sick kid.
Had a great 3 years with the tutoring lab in the Micron CTE building and the accounting students at the Pintail Center in Boise.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 9, 2017
I was just a student at CWI. while there i was happy with the teachers. I enjoyed my time and I will always have fun being a student. I received my AA in Sociology and found a unexpected love for the Geology program.
Wonderful
Adjunct Faculty - Behavioral Communication (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 18, 2017
Great place to work, flexible schedule and interesting teaching locations. I gained a lot of teaching experience with this company and hope to work for them again in the future.
Administrative Assistant II (Human Resources) (Current Employee) –  May, IDFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoy working here very much. With budget cuts my position was eliminated. They treat their employees well and it's a fun environment to be in. I love the higher education field and the feeling of helping others.
Very helpful in the filed that I study in.
Office Assistant for PTE Instruction (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 3, 2017
Made sure classrooms printers, office printers had paper, worked on excel, filed confidential paperwork Learned more about excel before starting class.
The hardest of the job is to make sure I understood what was being taught in the job. I had to sometimes asked more times of what had to be done.
The most enjoyable was to learn new things that I did not know before. Learned new things on excel and word that I did not before I started classes on word and excel.
Had new ideas given to me that I did not have before.
Pros
Liked to just be there and help when I could
Cons
Did not last to long. It was on the college semester each year.
Student work study
MEDIA PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 20, 2016
This was a great work place. Even though my contract with them expired after I finished my schooling there, it was great to work not only with my supervisor on media projects, but other organizations and other groups to help create a sense of connection within the school. I learned a lot of what it really takes to be in the media/production/graphic design field of work and what it really means.

The management was great, I was always given enough to do and the side projects I managed myself increased my capacity to start, work and finish projects completely by myself. I didn't really have other co workers, but the one that I can consider was a co worker worked well with me and we were able to learn from each other's strengths and weaknesses.

The hardest part of the job was when I would try certain tasks in software such as Adobe and it wouldn't work. That would push back deadlines quite a bit. The most enjoyable part of my work was being able to use graphic design, photography and videography all in one job.
Building Specialist
Building Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 1, 2016
Inspect building, restock bathroom/janitorial supplies, maintain floors/carpets/entrance clean ,etc., have janitor equipment ready for use.
A good community college awaiting accreditation
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 24, 2016
Overall, a good school. Awaiting accreditation. This should happen in 2016. The courses I teach have been discontinued because this college is under the umbrella of College of Southern Idaho. The College of Southern Idaho has made the decision to discontinue these courses. 5 instructors will be out of a job beginning this summer.
Pros
New college.Progressive
Cons
College is discontinuing the courses I teach
fun family to be a part of
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 16, 2016
Never enjoyed a job and supervisors as much as I have here. great people, great opportunities, great pay. plenty of room for growth and benefits .
Pros
fun activities
Cons
little unorganized
Great Place to gain experience
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 24, 2016
I am enjoying the experience of being able to work here while going to school. I knew my position was only going to be temporary as it is work-study.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Busy every week even during semester breaks
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IdMay 27, 2015
I was in charge of setting up labs for the physics department and keeping an updated inventory. My co-workers were good people and fun to be around. My supervisor knew a lot about the job and she taught me a lot.
Time well spent
Lab Host/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boise IdahoFebruary 24, 2015
While working at CWI, in the Writing Center; I learned about people and their lives. Every persons needs are different and everyone has needs to be met. Daily I would clock in and remain available to all students and non students that walked in.
I would assist them in
-scheduling appointments
-getting setup with the scheduling system.
-general guidance.
-registering for classes
-navigating the website and Blackboard. The main source for CWI's classes.
-applying for Financial Aid
-assist with resume building
-lend an ear and a helping hand
Pros
Great people
Cons
under staffed and low pay
Great Place to Work
Instructor and Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDFebruary 13, 2015
It is a great place to work Management and Supervisors not well trained but culture is good. Great benefits. I loved working with the students and helping them grow into successful employable people.
Pros
benefits, students
Cons
management and supervision
Good place to work.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoJanuary 23, 2015
I work as an adjunct faculty so supervision is minimally required. Other faculty are professional and kindly. I enjoy teaching, student interaction and contributing to the field of academics and plan to continue my academic career for as long as possible.

The downfalls as an adjunct include no insurance, no advancement, and unpredictable job security.
A great place to learn new skills
Data Entry/Work (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 1, 2013
A typical day of work was 9am to 5pm. I would print, copy, and mail over 300 letters a day, operate data bases like Janzabar and Datatell, and audit paperwork. The management was the Enrollment Specialists, and they were great and efficient. My coworkers were patient and provided great customer service to all the student at the College of Western Idaho. I enjoyed every aspect of this job.
Pros
Learned new skills, hour long lunches, and fun events to attend
Cons
Laid off due to running out of financial funding