COLLEGE OF WILLIAM & MARY Employee Reviews

Generally solid but occasional poor matches
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 14, 2017
I have worked for three different professors as a Research Assistant during grad school. For all three, my work was flexible and spread throughout the semester, with substantial variation in workload over the course of the semester. The tasks for each project were interesting for the most part, but I sometimes was unclear when things were needed and what information was most valuable, particularly with my second pairing. I appreciate the Public Policy Program matching me up with a new professor when one of them turned out to not be a good fit.
Cons
Occasionally unclear expectations and communication issues
Enjoyed working with students
Parking Services & Transportation Asst Mgr (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 17, 2016
With everyone handing extremely high work loads, the days flew by but no one had time to take off work. More than half of the department was at use or loose with time and calling out sick was frowned upon since that caused others in the department who were already over worked to have to pick up your load too. On vacation, the phone rang off the hook and you were expected to handle work while away which would be okay if it were apprenticed. It is hard to keep up with cost of living increase when the state keeps your pay frozen for 17 of 23 years.
Pros
great working with students
Cons
no time away from work - to refocus or recover
Best College
College of W&M Varsity Cheerleader (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 23, 2016
It was my first choice and cheering and volunteering with the college was the best part of my time there. I would not change anything about my time there.
funplace to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 12, 2015
The College of William Mary is a great place to work I started out
as a residence life custodian cleaning the students dorms and then
after 2 years moved to MOVING and Storage department in THE
Facilities Maintenance Department fixing students furniture such
as students desks, raising and lowering their beds in their rooms.
Also moved office furniture all around the college, picked up all
surplus office equipment and computers,desks,music equipment,
fax machines,scanners. We also set up for all events at the college.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
I highly recommend William and Mary.
Intern, Public Relations and Media Department (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VirginiaJuly 8, 2013
I enjoyed my experience at William and Mary and would highly recommend this school.
Wonderful place! Great university.
Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 20, 2012
One of the most unique colleges in the US where students and employees experience and develop life-long values.
warehouse different products for different maintenance needs
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  WilliamsburgMarch 12, 2012
Very great place to work, although the management team and supervisor could use a little work
Pros
very stable job, friendly co workers, great hours
Cons
management attitudes need a little adjusting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COLLEGE OF WILLIAM & MARY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2