College of William and Mary Employee Reviews in United States

Great professors, great research experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 20, 2016
Unpaid research assistant position on a College-sponsored project. Great experience in academia, recommended for any students.
Laid back and professional atmosphere
Tribe Tutor Zone English Language Assistance Tutor (Current Employee) –  Swem LibraryMay 6, 2016
At William and Mary, I worked as an ESL tutor and a Writing tutor in the school's library. It was a very fun place to work, full of well-rounded, kindhearted, and extremely motivated students. I led 60 or 90 minute individual consultations with students, where we discussed writing style, content, argument strength, grammar, and more.This was such a rewarding job, because I felt as though I was helping make a difference in the lives of students by increasing their confidence in their academic writing skills, and helping ease their anxiety about evaluation of their work.
Pros
Rewarding, friendly coworkers, wonderful boss, grateful clients
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable workplace with wonderful management and coworkers.
Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 25, 2016
A truly wonderful workplace with a focus on enriching customer experience and service. Understanding and friendly management with great coworkers. Works out personal schedules for a good balance between work and personal life.
Pros
Wonderful managment, open work environment, flexible scheules
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement
Amazing place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 20, 2016
Everyday is a new challenge and experience to learn from. With all the systems that are on campus you will learn multitude of designs and operations.
A good place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 19, 2015
I work a full time position where i work with talented co-workers. The atmosphere is pleasant and the work can sometimes be much. I like working for my manager and i have friendly co-workers. The hardest part is when supplies come in and I have to put them away. The enjoyable part is working with co-workers.
Positive Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 20, 2015
I worked in the chemistry department as a research assistant. Faculty was largely really dependable and great to work with.
Great benefits and time off for staff
Assist and delegate work (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 24, 2015
Overall a good company to work for. I enjoy the fact that I get so much time off every year. It allows me the time to do things that I enjoy doing.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
not enough pay
Wonderful job and great work environment!
Director of Admissions and Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 19, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed every minute working at William & Mary. I left there after almost 7 years to move out to be near my family here in Colorado.

A typical workday was fast-paced, constant interaction with students, managing applications for the program, and working closely with faculty and staff.

I learned that I'm really great at working with students and thrive in that environment
Pros
always felt appreciated; got lots of merit raises over the years
Cons
none!
Historical Educational Institution
Human Resources Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 26, 2014
Conducted informational presentations to staff by providing excellent communication skills, reviewed applicant pool, background checks and analyzed salary compensation for current employees. Provided a variety of administrative support and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Pros
short commute
Cons
management
First Internship
Endocrinology & Physiology Internship (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 7, 2014
On a typical day, I would weigh the mice, weigh their food, and operate a calorimetry machine. We had weekly lab meetings where the students would discuss their progress. Also, we presented our data to the lab group toward the end of the internship. During the internship, I performed surgery on the mice involved in our study. I learned the importance of being an independent researcher, the significance of weekly lab meetings, and how to operate new equipment. This was my first internship, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed working with the mice and caring for them.
Pros
ability to collaborate with more than one mentor, research experience
Productive and fun workplace
Grounds Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 28, 2014
Great environment for workers and students. The campus grounds are kept in great conditions year round.
Challenging but great environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 13, 2014
Had a great 5 years, even when I struggled, it was still rewarding
Great school and environment
Study Abroad Student Advisor Board (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 22, 2014
Teamwork skills
Leadership experience
Communication skills
Time management
International experience
Great academic environment.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 17, 2014
Closely interaction between faculties and students. Lively academic activities. First class research is carried out here.
Great environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 3, 2013
I learned a lot about ground knowledge while working here. It seemed as the work was different every day which made it likeable.
Nice place to work.
Hvac Master Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 20, 2013
Nice job here, good people, and alot of knowledge can be gained here.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many meetings.
Great work environment
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 24, 2013
I enjoyed working here. The people I worked with were open, friendly, and kind. The participants in the classes followed my directions and enjoyed the class.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
nothing
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant-School of Education (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 3, 2013
Assisted in the work of a noted professor of education by interviewing students, composing research questions and procedures, along with scheduling appointments via phone or email.
Nice, small liberal arts college with strong research.
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 12, 2013
Students are good, and interested in research. Math department is strong for its size.
Junior level rough
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 4, 2013
At hte junior level, long hours for relatively low pay but you get amazing training and exposure.

4.3