College of the Canyons

College of the Canyons Employee Reviews

A great place to learn.
Student (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: affordable, small class sizes, easily accessable
Cons: does not have the same resources as larger colleges or a university
College of the Canyons is a great place for those looking to further their education without having to pay university prices. The institution offers several associate level degrees in a variety of fields, as well as offering a select amount of university-level courses. There are a variety of programs that are available to assist students in many ways, be it financial or educational. While it does not have some of the facilities or resources that a university may have, it offers a great place to start on earning a higher education.
Productive, friedly and enjoyable work place.
Cashier (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 1, 2014
College of the Canyons is a community college located at Santa Clarita CA. I am working at the College of the Canyons for over nine years (part time). I am always surrounded by highly educated staff and faculty members. I have acquired lots of great experience working with our professional staff in different departments. College of the Canyons has been a supportive environment in my working toward my educational goals. The college has skilled and professional management for each department. The hardest part of my job is the registration time. We get busy with lots of students trying to pay off their registrations fees, picking up their parking passes, requesting refunds, and extra. I enjoy helping students in their journey to achieve their goal and get a higher education.
Great School and program to teach
Auto Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Canyon Country, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great teaching facility
Cons: the restrictions regarding which vehicles can be worked on in the shop.
I enjoy teaching at COC. My job includes writing lesson plans, issuing assignments, giving lectures, teaching important points from videos, giving PPT presentations and managing the Auto Lab.

I've learning important facets of how to teach more effectively and communicate better with the students. I am able to impart more information now more effectively than before.

The direct manager and Department Head always offers me the the opportunity to teach new classes as they become available.

The hardest part of the job is trying to meet the various levels of learning in the class so everyone is able to learn the material.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students grow, learn and change for the better.
Fun place to tutor
English tutor (Current Employee), ValenciaFebruary 19, 2014
I am an english tutor there and it's so much fun.
co-workers are nice
boss is sweet and helpful
you get to meet interesting people
A lot of down time when it is not busy
Working with people.
Student Services Technician II (Former Employee), Valencia, CAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: being able to help people.
Cons: work increase.
Evaluating graduating students, processing of dipolmas and working the Admissions counter when needed.
Great place to start your career
Biology Tutor (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Great educational and professional development opportunities.
College Assistant
College Assistant (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Working in campus was interesting & fun. It gave me an opportunity to get back into the working world while attending school full-time.
Good environment to polish one's skills
Telecommunication Intern (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 12, 2013
Excellent hands on learning environment for students who look to get initial experience and number of fields. Professors/mentors are very helpful at all times.
great programs available
Micro-Electronics Instructor (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAApril 30, 2013
very industry savy. Collects lots of work requirements from Bio-Medical companies in Santa Clarita.
Productive and stable place to work
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Valencia, CAApril 15, 2013
Pros: getting to do homework while working
Cons: short hours
I came in and sat at the first desk. My duty was to sign in&out current students coming in for either computer, tutors or other resources. At this job i was beginning to learn about working for a school i was attending. the management was at ease, and not so demanding. My co-workers were students as well so i seen them around campus. The hardest part of the job was to learn the new environment of my employee and the most enjoyable was helping others.
fun love the benefits
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: free chocolate and pay
Cons: hours
I loved making some easy money and fun during holidays ,management if so nice and friendly and warming and welcomed me helped me a lot and trained me to be a cashier.
A job to make a career
California - Admissions Associate (Former Employee), Valencia CAJanuary 9, 2013
This was my first professional job and helped me see where my career was going
Great Internship
Project Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CASeptember 20, 2012
Worked for a great Director, who lead a great team. Worked hard
Fun place to work. Very friendly atmosphere
Adjunct Engineering Faculty (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CA.April 12, 2012
I am an adjunct instructor with the Engineering Department. I teach engineering courses as well as design coursework to the bright students at COC. I also collaboarte with fellow colleagues on coursework development.
hard palce to work
Facilities Custodian (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 19, 2012
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: everybody treated differently
You must be able to cover your tracks when doing your job because for some reason the supervisor cant remember what you have done in any giving day, which is really hard for an employee