Take care before joining
Div. of Admin, Finance & Investments (Former Employee) – Worcester, MA – July 18, 2016
• Applicants should seriously consider and research the institution’s reputation in their given field. Calls to peers in the industry would be wise.
• In some departments, senior staff lacks industry experience outside of the institution. This may lead to errors which well trained professionals typically would not make.
• In the experience of a past employee, little to no training and mentoring was provided to junior professionals. Senior staff was at times absent for extended and/or critical periods.
• Career growth within some departments of the institution is limited or non-existent.
• A insider/outsider culture has developed in administration based on time at the institution.
• Performance reviews are simplistic in nature and senior staff has indicated that “no one gets the top score in any category”
• Policies of the institution have at times been applied inconsistently between senior and junior staff
• Providing constructive and fact-based feedback to senior staff is has been classified as insubordination.
• A tendency towards gossip is a concern.
no personal development