College of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

College of the Ozarks is a great place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollister, MONovember 17, 2016
I couldn't have been happier working at College of the Ozarks. As with most jobs it had its ups and downs, but overall it was one of the best work experiences I have ever had. The staff is kind and the students are absolutely amazing. Hands downs my best job yet. The most challenging part of the job was the amount of physical labor involved - it was exhausting. But it was so worth it to see how appreciative the students were to receive a good meal at college.
Pros
cheap lunch, great benefits, on site child care for staff, conservative environment
Cons
ultra conservative environment
Unique place to work, good culture
I/T Agent (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOMay 25, 2016
This organization is very unique. The majority of CofOs workers are their students in a work-study program designed to allow students to graduate with an accredited 4 year degree with minimal debt. They are highly effective at this, and a great place to work. The various supervisors all have varying levels of job security and advancement opportunities, but overall highly recommended for both the employee and the student level.
It is an honor to teach at College of the Ozarks
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOMay 2, 2016
It is an honor to teach in any capacity at College of the Ozarks. Unfortunately, most instructors feel that way and due to the unique structure of the college, the departments are intentionally small and will stay that way. It is difficult to find a full time teaching position here. The pay for an adjunct is fair if a person is only needing part time income. Honestly, I would do it for free if I didn't need to work full time. The students and faculty are of the highest quality and I wholeheartedly believe in the mission of this college.
College of the Ozarks is perhaps one of the most rewarding and challenging positions that I have held.
Assistant Professor of Music (Current Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOJune 27, 2015
College of the Ozarks has allowed me to develop into a far better individual through the relationships with my colleagues, and the overall work environment. Teaching in and of itself holds many challenges, yet the greater reward has come through the interaction with such a diverse student population. This position has encouraged me to become more compassionate and developed my ability to provide leadership and mentor the students and my colleagues. The skills that I have acquired through the college will allow me to meet the demands of an evolving global marketplace and allow me to bring in a willingness to further develop the potential of the individuals I work with either within a company or a classroom.
College students everywhere!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOSeptember 15, 2015
From the room you stayed at in Keeter Center to the faculty service desk, students have their hands everywhere at College of the Ozarks. While many students will work in their field of study, I was able to do something I absolutely loved. Rain, cold, snow, or shine the greenhouses still needed to be attended to and I worked with the best group to do that with.
Christian Workplace
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Hollister, MOJune 5, 2014
This is a great place to learn to work hard. The nickname is Hard Work U for a reason, but the experience is worth the effort one must put forth to succeed. Co-workers and employers vary depending on the work station, but, all work extremely hard and benefit one another.
Pros
Free College, potential free room and board, christian atmosphere
Cons
Christian atmosphere is sometimes overwhelming. Long (unpaid) hours.
I loved being a part of Residence Life
Resident Assistant and Dorm Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOMay 15, 2013
During my time as a Resident Assistant I was able to mentor and develop valuable relationships with female students in a dormitory. I facilitated check-in and check-out procedures at the beginning and end of each semester, maintained a supportive and welcoming environment that fostered personal and academic growth in the college dorm, developed programs and collaborated with residential staff to best serve the student population. I also spent my first semester working for Residence Life in dorm maintenance performing duties in custodial maintenance as assigned.
Pros
Built amazing relationships with my Hall Director, staff members and fellow college students
Great opportunity to work with young people
Hall Director/Convocation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOApril 10, 2012
This job was somewhere between a mom and big sister. I was over a women's residence hall, so I was helping the college students transfer from teenage years to young adult years. And in combination with that, I had to be the maintenance supervisor for the actual building by checking for leaks, mold, or furniture that needed replacing. The job required a lot of discipline and a lot of patience.
And included with the dorm supervision I was also over convocations and chapels for the entire student body. So I was challenged to find programing that would engage and enlighten the students. Of course the larger the student population the harder it is to please everyone. But I enjoyed learning about how to hire a band and what was expected for bringing in a major speaker. It became a fun and exciting challenge for me.
Pros
working with students, meeting new people; constantly learning
Cons
living where you work
Good for what it is, I guess.
Student Construction Employee (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOJune 1, 2014
College of the Ozarks is a close-minded, fundamentalist, private Christian college, which offers a work-study program to all of it's students, using the tagline "graduate debt-free." In reality, the work study program requires between 15 and 40 hours of work a week, and covers a bare-minimum of the actual tuition, the rest being taken by a scholarship they place on top of the work-study. This combined with the claustrophobic atmosphere, the inability to determine your own place of work on campus (I was assigned to the plumbing department, and then to construction despite my health problems and my major in computer science), and the scrutiny to which the administration puts every aspect of your life makes the experience at this college a nightmare for all but the most dedicated of masochists. I applaud those who have graduated, but I left after nearly having a heart attack from the stress.
Pros
'Free' tuition, unusual courses available.
Cons
Short breaks, intrusive policies, minimum wage, no chance of reimbursement for hours worked in excess of those required for tuition.
Great Work Study Position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOOctober 16, 2013
Wonderful work study position. Loved working in my craft. I had lots of opportunity to take on projects and learn more about different areas of my degree.
Pros
Great Supervisors
Cons
Lots of Creative Restriction
Great place for students to gain practical experience!
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Point Lookout, MOFebruary 27, 2013
I loved working at CofO as a student. I was given real world experience by working in our video department. CofO is a great place the really nurtures and loves their students.
Pros
debt free, work, experience, dedicated
College of the Ozarks was a great school to attend and work for.
Part-time Bakery (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MissouriJanuary 12, 2014
At the College of the Ozarks, we were required to work fifteen hours a week in additon to our class schedule to help pay for our education. I worked in the back bakery of the Keeter Center.
Wonderful experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Point Lookout, MONovember 17, 2014
This is an awesome experience for anyone willing to do whatever it takes to pay their tuition. It teaches a great work ethic.
Pros
Pays Tuition
Cons
Fast Paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of the Ozarks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4