CollegeAmerica

CollegeAmerica United States Employee Reviews

Financial Planner
Senior Financial Planner (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoFebruary 12, 2015
As a Financial Planner I would sit with potential students and interview them about their educational goals and financial needs to make achieving their educational goals a reality. We would complete 1 or 2 FAFSA applications depending on the enrollment period in which a student was applying and package them out for said academic years. Co-workers were great and my Director was phenomenal! Unfortunately the private sector of education has been up against some challenges and like other schools they were forced to downsize while enrollments were sinking. I was the last person in and first person out when the layoffs came. I appreciated my time at CollegeAmerica and gained quite a bit of experience that I am utterly grateful for.
productive work place
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2015
This is a great place to work with it gives you the opportunity to grow and move forward, flexible work hours.great benefits and great supporting staff.
Instuctors are there for you when you need help
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great people
Class room size is at a good ratio between instructor and student. Some classes were hard but with the aide of the instructor I was able to succed. The online course were easily to navigate through.
Excellent Company to work for
Financial Planner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 24, 2014
Pros: free education after a year
Cons: no cons
Great Team, Great People, Challenges and Great Pay. I had several different positions within the College because I was promoted internally. Great benefits and room for growth. There is always direction given, flexibility and exciting students to meet.
A very supportive staff and amazing learning enviorment
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2014
A full-time student is always hard work, but if fun to add on to my learning experience in the medical field. The staff are very supportive to your schooling and home life. They work with all situations that may come up. I love going to this school and excited about furthering my medical career.
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 22, 2014
Pros: communication
Cons: short breaks
My most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people. I enjoy the company of others and enjoyed learning about people and learn a thing or two about them as well.
Great environment
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 16, 2014
I love to work at CFA Office (CollegeAmerica - Denver). I have learnt so many new things that can help me in my future from this job.
As a studant the experieance is fun
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 23, 2014
The Instructors take the time to make your learning fun. they also make sure that you understand the material.
not a good place to work
Medical Tutor (Former Employee), phoenix, azJuly 17, 2014
Cons: no breaks, don't get to eat, constantly doing things other people don't want to do.
I personally would not go back to work for this company. They only pay twice a month and only give you 20 hours a week. It is not enough to pay bills and then they give you a bogus excuse for why they fired you and then tell you to lie to people and say you quit.
Wonderful experience
Environmental Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 5, 2014
Pros: positive and encouraging environment.
Cons: it was only a part time position.
My position at College America began as a survival job. During my time there I formed several positive and long lasting relationships. I truly enjoyed every day that I was at work. It was a respectful, positive and energizing experience.
flexible and lenient workplace limited opportunity for growth
CFA Officer (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility of hours
Cons: limited opportunity to grow with position or transfer to a different positon
Days are fairly consistent/monotonous. Management is inconsistent between departments and is not always professional. Opportunities including raises, travel and promotions seem to be awarded without consistency and not necessarily based on performance or contribution; but appear to be based on favoritism of management.
High energy, dynamic atmosphere with dedicated educators
Receptionist (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
Pros: friendly and caring staff, bonding and involvement with students, cross training
Cons: inflexible schedule, high stress, constant interruptions, constant policy changes
I learned the value of time management and a high level of adaptability. It is a face paced school with constantly rotating students and a variety of people from recent high school grads to retirees walking through the door. The management is great and genuinely cares about the students and employees. My coworkers kept me entertained and motivated. It is difficult, though not impossible to move up in the company, but it does take years of dedication and quite a lot of corporate involvement.
Good place to meet new people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2013
I enjoy seeing all the students come and go throughout the day for classes. I have met some interesting people who want to enroll at CollegeAmerica. I have worked closely with the business officer, admissions, and the financial aid office. It is an enjoyable place to work.
Central Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 26, 2013
Flexible. Great co-workers. Great boss. No room for growth, otherwise a great place to work.
full time student
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 18, 2013
college America worked with my schedule also i had one on one time with teachers had more time during the day to study
teachers were help answered any questions you have had
Politically unstable. Power-playing. Lacks a sense of ethics
Adjunct Instructor, (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 19, 2013
Pros: urban school. takes anyone who wants to learn
Cons: unstable management team, weak school of nursing, power-playing adds stress to this new school f nursing, ethical issues.
Money driven educational experience. Management not qualified to run a school of nursing.
Great School
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 2, 2013
Studying Business Management, Accounting & Event Planning
Fun envrionment
Campus Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2013
Pros: job
Cons: pay
Great people.
Full time fun
Management is supportive
Co workers are positive
Lead generation
The environment
Productive team work and incentives
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2013
Pros: no day care avaiable
Cons: only 2 hour classes. and the mods are two weeks long
I have had a learning experience beyond my beliefs. I have taken this opportunity to enhance my skills.
CollegeAmerica
Student (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYMay 3, 2013
While I am a current student, I must say "Good job" on replacing previous Dean and Director. However, there are some issues with the IT personnel. This person is uncooperative when computer problems are brought up. I have a loaner that had to replace my own when the charging prong broke, and I explained that I was unhappy with the loaner from the first day I received it. IT said I could not replace the loaner, despite problems with it. After I complained and was promised a new computer, now IT says I must keep the current one I have, the one I have had problems with, and continue to have.