CollegeAmerica Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with excellent management.
Student Tutor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2016
A typical day would usually start off with checking in at the tutor lab to see if any students needed assistance with class work or practice doing blood draws or injections. When there are no students to assist,tutors become administrative assistance. The main duty was to file. CollegeAmerica has a fantastic staff and management understands the importance of work like balance.
Pros
The trust management has in their team and being recognized for excellence.
Cons
The filing system
Helpful institution that provides much and encourages staff and students
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
I have been working at CollegeAmerica since 2010 and love it. The staff function like a family and do everything they can to assist students and help them on their educational journey and to achieve personal goals.
Pros
flexibility, cooperation, encouragement, support
Post-secondary Education
Admissions Consultant & Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 1, 2015
Definite opportunities for success within the community. Many areas of improvement within the local campus structure.
Pros
Assisting people become closer to their career goals through education
Cons
Inconsistentsy
Fun experience
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 28, 2015
It was a pleasure working with the staff, they where very kind and respectful. Also everyone was open to helping when necessary.
Pros
learned proper filing techniques
Cons
There was no opportunity for 40 hour weeks
Excellent place to work.
GED Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 5, 2015
CollegeAmerica is an outstanding place to work and to grow socially and intellectually. Excellent employee support and support for our students. Everyone wants to help or students get better jobs faster. One Team - One Goal.
School
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2015
The positions was as a student only. I did not physically work for CA. My experience as a student was acceptable. I would like to see more students from CA get hired.
Pros
school
Cons
not a job
Provides a fun environment to work in.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work, they really care about their students & staff.
Flexible working schedules. Great benefits. Always learning something new. The director is involved with staff & faculty.
Pros
Never the samething, always doing something different.
Cons
NA
education
Lead Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2015
great staff to work with, students are engaged, some issues as there are in all employment areas, the school is working hard to manage all of these areas of concern the communities dont understand and judge.
Fast Pace but great environment.
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2015
The classes are very fast paced, but the instructors are great and they help keep you on track and focused. The teachers are very knowledgable and they don't mind explaining things in depth if extra explanation is needed. They are there to help and they definitely make it easier for me.
Pros
small class size, fast paced.
Cons
long classes, night class.
up beat work environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2015
This was my very first job. They were very welcoming and the staff took the time to train me in my department before just shoving me on the floor and praying I do well.
Great School
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 14, 2015
This has been a very good place for me to go to school to earn my bachelor's degree. I love this college and I would not trade it in for anything. A typical day would involve me getting there around 8:30am (before class starts) and sit through some lectures and do various assignments.
Awesome College
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 17, 2015
My time spent at the college has been an amazing experience. The adjunct instructors are some of the best instructors I have ever had amongst my education years. This college is a great college to attend for parents that have been out of school for a while that need to expand their education and experiences.
Pros
scheduling that can fit almost anyones needs, the work load does not take over your life
Cons
if you take over 50% of your classes online you graduate differently then on campus students
Financial Planner
Senior Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoFebruary 12, 2015
As a Financial Planner I would sit with potential students and interview them about their educational goals and financial needs to make achieving their educational goals a reality. We would complete 1 or 2 FAFSA applications depending on the enrollment period in which a student was applying and package them out for said academic years. Co-workers were great and my Director was phenomenal! Unfortunately the private sector of education has been up against some challenges and like other schools they were forced to downsize while enrollments were sinking. I was the last person in and first person out when the layoffs came. I appreciated my time at CollegeAmerica and gained quite a bit of experience that I am utterly grateful for.
productive work place
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2015
This is a great place to work with it gives you the opportunity to grow and move forward, flexible work hours.great benefits and great supporting staff.
Instuctors are there for you when you need help
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2015
Class room size is at a good ratio between instructor and student. Some classes were hard but with the aide of the instructor I was able to succed. The online course were easily to navigate through.
Pros
great people
Excellent Company to work for
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 24, 2014
Great Team, Great People, Challenges and Great Pay. I had several different positions within the College because I was promoted internally. Great benefits and room for growth. There is always direction given, flexibility and exciting students to meet.
Pros
free education after a year
Cons
no cons
A very supportive staff and amazing learning enviorment
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2014
A full-time student is always hard work, but if fun to add on to my learning experience in the medical field. The staff are very supportive to your schooling and home life. They work with all situations that may come up. I love going to this school and excited about furthering my medical career.
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 22, 2014
My most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people. I enjoy the company of others and enjoyed learning about people and learn a thing or two about them as well.
Pros
communication
Cons
short breaks
Great environment
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2014
I love to work at CFA Office (CollegeAmerica - Denver). I have learnt so many new things that can help me in my future from this job.
As a studant the experieance is fun
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 23, 2014
The Instructors take the time to make your learning fun. they also make sure that you understand the material.

4.2