CollegeAmerica Employee Reviews in United States

Provides a fun environment to work in.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work, they really care about their students & staff.
Flexible working schedules. Great benefits. Always learning something new. The director is involved with staff & faculty.
Pros
Never the samething, always doing something different.
Cons
NA
Post-secondary Education
Admissions Consultant & Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 1, 2015
Definite opportunities for success within the community. Many areas of improvement within the local campus structure.
Pros
Assisting people become closer to their career goals through education
Cons
Inconsistentsy
flexible and lenient workplace limited opportunity for growth
CFA Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2014
Days are fairly consistent/monotonous. Management is inconsistent between departments and is not always professional. Opportunities including raises, travel and promotions seem to be awarded without consistency and not necessarily based on performance or contribution; but appear to be based on favoritism of management.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
limited opportunity to grow with position or transfer to a different positon
Excellent Company to work for
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 24, 2014
Great Team, Great People, Challenges and Great Pay. I had several different positions within the College because I was promoted internally. Great benefits and room for growth. There is always direction given, flexibility and exciting students to meet.
Pros
free education after a year
Cons
no cons
productive work place
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2015
This is a great place to work with it gives you the opportunity to grow and move forward, flexible work hours.great benefits and great supporting staff.
Fun experience
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 28, 2015
It was a pleasure working with the staff, they where very kind and respectful. Also everyone was open to helping when necessary.
Pros
learned proper filing techniques
Cons
There was no opportunity for 40 hour weeks
Excellent place to work.
GED Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 5, 2015
CollegeAmerica is an outstanding place to work and to grow socially and intellectually. Excellent employee support and support for our students. Everyone wants to help or students get better jobs faster. One Team - One Goal.
School
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2015
The positions was as a student only. I did not physically work for CA. My experience as a student was acceptable. I would like to see more students from CA get hired.
Pros
school
Cons
not a job
Fast Pace but great environment.
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2015
The classes are very fast paced, but the instructors are great and they help keep you on track and focused. The teachers are very knowledgable and they don't mind explaining things in depth if extra explanation is needed. They are there to help and they definitely make it easier for me.
Pros
small class size, fast paced.
Cons
long classes, night class.
Financial Planner
Senior Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoFebruary 12, 2015
As a Financial Planner I would sit with potential students and interview them about their educational goals and financial needs to make achieving their educational goals a reality. We would complete 1 or 2 FAFSA applications depending on the enrollment period in which a student was applying and package them out for said academic years. Co-workers were great and my Director was phenomenal! Unfortunately the private sector of education has been up against some challenges and like other schools they were forced to downsize while enrollments were sinking. I was the last person in and first person out when the layoffs came. I appreciated my time at CollegeAmerica and gained quite a bit of experience that I am utterly grateful for.
education
Lead Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2015
great staff to work with, students are engaged, some issues as there are in all employment areas, the school is working hard to manage all of these areas of concern the communities dont understand and judge.
Great School
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 14, 2015
This has been a very good place for me to go to school to earn my bachelor's degree. I love this college and I would not trade it in for anything. A typical day would involve me getting there around 8:30am (before class starts) and sit through some lectures and do various assignments.
Awesome College
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 17, 2015
My time spent at the college has been an amazing experience. The adjunct instructors are some of the best instructors I have ever had amongst my education years. This college is a great college to attend for parents that have been out of school for a while that need to expand their education and experiences.
Pros
scheduling that can fit almost anyones needs, the work load does not take over your life
Cons
if you take over 50% of your classes online you graduate differently then on campus students
High energy, dynamic atmosphere with dedicated educators
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2014
I learned the value of time management and a high level of adaptability. It is a face paced school with constantly rotating students and a variety of people from recent high school grads to retirees walking through the door. The management is great and genuinely cares about the students and employees. My coworkers kept me entertained and motivated. It is difficult, though not impossible to move up in the company, but it does take years of dedication and quite a lot of corporate involvement.
Pros
friendly and caring staff, bonding and involvement with students, cross training
Cons
inflexible schedule, high stress, constant interruptions, constant policy changes
up beat work environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2015
This was my very first job. They were very welcoming and the staff took the time to train me in my department before just shoving me on the floor and praying I do well.
Customer service is rewarding
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 24, 2013
A typical day at work for me would involve taking care of customer needs, helping them solve problems that could be difficult for them on their own. What I have learned in over 20 years is a great deal of patience because I had started in the fast food industry. This led to my very first job in management as a shift supervisor, my co- workers accepted me as the same person going into a supervisor position, and my respect grew for them as they readily accepted my new position. The hardest part of any job I had would be in general dealing with the many different personalities through an eight hour day, finally the most enjoyable is completed all daily goals, and satisfied customers.
A very supportive staff and amazing learning enviorment
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2014
A full-time student is always hard work, but if fun to add on to my learning experience in the medical field. The staff are very supportive to your schooling and home life. They work with all situations that may come up. I love going to this school and excited about furthering my medical career.
Keeps your mind busy and makes the day past by fast
Work Study Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2013
In the role of Administrative Assistant I would come in and there would be papers for me to file first thing in the morning. I would then work on doing the audits for the student files that have graduated. The management here is very fun and laid back, co-workers are kind of stiff and see you as bottom of the food chain and you are there are to serve them. The hardest part of this job is dealing with co-workers. The best part was that I got to listen to my head phones all day.
not a good place to work
Medical Tutor (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azJuly 17, 2014
I personally would not go back to work for this company. They only pay twice a month and only give you 20 hours a week. It is not enough to pay bills and then they give you a bogus excuse for why they fired you and then tell you to lie to people and say you quit.
Cons
no breaks, don't get to eat, constantly doing things other people don't want to do.
professional
Dean of CollegeAmerica Nursing Program (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2012
Am involved with the accreditation process for the two year old nursing program. This includes the development of the faculty orientation manual, the mentorship program, and the retention of faculty. I am in charge of the routine putting out of "fires" during the day, I use Ultipro for review and hiring of the new faculty. I co-manage current faculty. A main component in my position is to monitor the daily activity, the lesson plans, calendars, syllabus of the faculty and am always a mentor to anyone who comes and asks for my help.
The hardest part of the position comes to me daily, that being working with those not understanding the rigor needed to meet the state and NLNAC requirements. This group is NOT a part of the nursing program, but those who also work at the college.
The current staff all have a minimum of an MS in progress, a current MS/MSN or are in the doctoral progress. The list of experience in the group is expansive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CollegeAmerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2