CollegeAmerica Employee Reviews

It was a unprofessional, unmanaged, and unproductive environment.
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85051October 9, 2017
I would not recommend this college for students or employment. It all started with the Executive Campus Director. She lacks management, retention of employees, and professionalism skills. I've never worked with someone so hateful and ungrateful like her.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
No professionalism, management, trust, and fairness.
Great place to work. Great people. Unfortunately they are unable to provide comoeteive salaries and benefits for their full time employees.
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80525August 16, 2017
Great place to work, truly care about students and their success on educational side. Unfortunately they do not pay their faculty well. 38000 for full time professor. Horrid.
Working at CollegeAmerica is great, I enjoy going to school here also.
Work Study/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 27, 2017
CollegeAmerica has the best staff and instructors. Working and taking classes here as CollegeAmerica has really help me to excel personally and educationally.
Great place to be to make a difference in someones life
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 6, 2017
I loved my job and the ability to help others figure out what they wanted to do with their lives. The encouragement to develop your self personally and professionally is amazing too
More interest in saving money than student help
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2017
When I worked there the student population was declining due to an economic downturn. Tutor hours were cut and a tutor was let go in order to save money.
I loved working for CollegeAmerica
Academic Advisor and PearsonVue Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 3, 2017
I always felt that everyone tried there best to work with the students. My coworkers were great and i always enjoyed working there.
Pros
working with the students
Cons
slow growth, laid off
Keeps you on your toes
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2016
Being a part time Peer-Tutor has given me the chance to learn about the diversity of the mind within a person. Patience is key in success for me. Seeing students reach the goal/s they have set with tutoring is by far the best part of it.
I am a Full-time student
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2016
Great environment to study and better yourself. Great atmosphere. I do not work here but the staff seems to like their jobs and benefits.
Great place to work with excellent management.
Student Tutor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2016
A typical day would usually start off with checking in at the tutor lab to see if any students needed assistance with class work or practice doing blood draws or injections. When there are no students to assist,tutors become administrative assistance. The main duty was to file. CollegeAmerica has a fantastic staff and management understands the importance of work like balance.
Pros
The trust management has in their team and being recognized for excellence.
Cons
The filing system
Helpful institution that provides much and encourages staff and students
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
I have been working at CollegeAmerica since 2010 and love it. The staff function like a family and do everything they can to assist students and help them on their educational journey and to achieve personal goals.
Pros
flexibility, cooperation, encouragement, support
Post-secondary Education
Admissions Consultant & Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 1, 2015
Definite opportunities for success within the community. Many areas of improvement within the local campus structure.
Pros
Assisting people become closer to their career goals through education
Cons
Inconsistentsy
Fun experience
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 28, 2015
It was a pleasure working with the staff, they where very kind and respectful. Also everyone was open to helping when necessary.
Pros
learned proper filing techniques
Cons
There was no opportunity for 40 hour weeks
Excellent place to work.
GED Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 5, 2015
CollegeAmerica is an outstanding place to work and to grow socially and intellectually. Excellent employee support and support for our students. Everyone wants to help or students get better jobs faster. One Team - One Goal.
School
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2015
The positions was as a student only. I did not physically work for CA. My experience as a student was acceptable. I would like to see more students from CA get hired.
Pros
school
Cons
not a job
Provides a fun environment to work in.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work, they really care about their students & staff.
Flexible working schedules. Great benefits. Always learning something new. The director is involved with staff & faculty.
Pros
Never the samething, always doing something different.
Cons
Na
education
Lead Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2015
great staff to work with, students are engaged, some issues as there are in all employment areas, the school is working hard to manage all of these areas of concern the communities dont understand and judge.
Fast Pace but great environment.
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2015
The classes are very fast paced, but the instructors are great and they help keep you on track and focused. The teachers are very knowledgable and they don't mind explaining things in depth if extra explanation is needed. They are there to help and they definitely make it easier for me.
Pros
small class size, fast paced.
Cons
long classes, night class.
up beat work environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2015
This was my very first job. They were very welcoming and the staff took the time to train me in my department before just shoving me on the floor and praying I do well.
Great School
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 14, 2015
This has been a very good place for me to go to school to earn my bachelor's degree. I love this college and I would not trade it in for anything. A typical day would involve me getting there around 8:30am (before class starts) and sit through some lectures and do various assignments.
Awesome College
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 17, 2015
My time spent at the college has been an amazing experience. The adjunct instructors are some of the best instructors I have ever had amongst my education years. This college is a great college to attend for parents that have been out of school for a while that need to expand their education and experiences.
Pros
scheduling that can fit almost anyones needs, the work load does not take over your life
Cons
if you take over 50% of your classes online you graduate differently then on campus students