colliers international

colliers international Employee Reviews

Complete opposite to CBRE/JLL
Director (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great flex/work/life balance
Cons: Management churn constant "reset"
Work environment is enjoyable with friendly people including management folks.

If you seek constant direction, this is not a place you will thrive. If you find thrill in change, this is the place.

Communication is not this company's forte as this firm is very de-centralized operationally and culturally objects corporate mandates. Hence a complete opposite to its competitors CBRE or JLL. Most ex-CBRE folks will struggle at Colliers.

High churn in management team invoked lots of strategy resets causing "1 step forward & 3 steps back" consensus among employees.

Great personable CEO though.
Great job with room for advancement within the company
Brokerage Intern (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNApril 7, 2015
Colliers is a great company to work for. The co-workers are fantastic. I was recently promoted to a projected coordinator.
Negative
NA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2015
The Atlanta office has a great reputation, but my experience was terrible. Colliers as a whole essentially is a bunch of franchises, meaning each office has its own P&L and agenda. So, sharks in the water at every turn...
Five star rating for this company
Valuation Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Colliers has top management and benefits. Their reports are top quality. They treat employees well and are very flexible with working from home or office.
Fun and creative work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids MIJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: lots of energy
Cons: could be more helpful
Staff is friendly and helpful. Should have a good base knowledge in commercial real-estate.
Life at Colliers
Director - Brokerage Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Colliers International is a leading global commercial real estate brokerage firm. The NYC office provides sound training, good leadership, and offers an unlimited cap on commission, as it is a brokerage firm. Brokerage anywhere is an eat what you kill business, so be prepared to dial and dial.
Property Manager
Property Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 29, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: i am ready to move back to new orleans
Enjoy working with the tenants in call properties under Colliers Management. I am currently seeking to relocate back to the New Orleans are after being forced to move do to Hurricane Katrina.
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great international company
Colliers International is a reputable company. Very fast pace and challenging. Colliers International is a reputable company. Very fast pace and challenging. Colliers International is a reputable company. Very fast pace and challenging
Great place to work -
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARDecember 11, 2014
Pros: loved working with tenants and the scope of work that i was responsible for
Started working for the Beau Terre Office Park in July 2005- at that time it was not managed by Colliers International they did not start their management until 2007 and continued until my position was eliminated in September 2014 due to the property being sold. I loved the job and dealing with the Tenants and helping them in any way that I could. Had the opportunity to meet a lot of very nice people and had a good re-pore with them all. Miss working with them.
Productive, fast paced environment
Hudson Owner LLC-Property Management Office (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: paid medical benefits and 401k programs, ability to work in a small office with no micromanaging required, the chance to learn a whole new aspect to my career, ability to work with all kinds of people in the trade.
Cons: the long, lunchless days, no appreciation, no sufficient compensation, the stress of having to deal with tense management, working directly in construction projects that are occupational hazzards.
It was a great fresh start for me joining the 60 Hudson team, as years went on it became more clear that there was no real advancement and although i was treated with immense respect, compensation is not common and now very necessary. I put in almost 9 loyal years and typical work day is extremely busy and demanding, handling all the Administrative work between just two people in the department. You can see from my resume the work, that is required to keep the office functioning.
Great place to work with a good learning environment
Appraiser Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 16, 2014
A typical day consisted of staying on the phone trying to find sales comparables.
Productive and fun place to work
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Olympia, WASeptember 3, 2014
Fun group of brokers to work with. Excellent location. Very nice support staff and management.
Progressive and innovative workplace
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2014
Colliers is a challenging environment that brings out the best in professionals.
Fast paced environment, but very rewarding.
Maintenance Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Maryland HeightsJuly 29, 2014
Pros: birthday recognitions/ good laughs.
Cons: tenants with negative personalities.
A typical day for our day to day activities begins with going over work request, prioritizing them for proper order. I learned a great deal from the engineers who took the time to work with you until you had mastered the job that you were learning. Our management team was fair and impartial. Co- workers were easy to work with making the atmosphere of our co a very inviting one. The hardest part of the job was meeting a deadline on a project, while other mechanical break downs would interrupt your timeline. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendships and trust that was formed in our long tenures together.
Great workplace environment
Associate Director & Licensed Real Estate Broker (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great management
The company is made of great people. Colliers demands you to always be on your toes and think strategically. They always put their employees first.
Challenging and high paced work environment
Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 23, 2014
Colliers International is a great place to work I have learn a lot about real estate from my experience with this firm.
A great work environment
Research Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Kalamazoo,MIApril 24, 2014
A great place that has a proactive corporate culture that promotes collaboration and teamwork.
I worked as an Administrative Assistant at 3 commercial buildings assisting the property Manager.
Admin Asst/Asst Prop. Mgr. (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: terrific working conditions and good compensation package.
Cons: commercial building porfolios are subject to acquisition.
Our buildings were transitioned to Reit Management where they offered me my current position from Colliers International. My work history is 10 plus years concurrent.
Great company
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Good people good management. The company treats employees well and the benefit's aren't bad they are slightly under the pay scale but they make up for it in the environment.
Professional environment with laid-back feel
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 10, 2014
Based out of their Ann Arbor office, I was responsible for daily operational and administrative functions for entire office and up to 5 Real Estate brokers.

1 2 3

About colliers international

Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated – Read more

colliers international Salaries