Collin College Employee Reviews

Education
Instructor for Medical Billing & Coding classes (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Collin College was a great place to work. The director was always open to suggestions that would help streamline our students and give them the necessary information to becoming Certified Coders.
Laboratory was fast-paced and a rewarding work experience.
Biotechnology Lab Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 29, 2017
I worked as a Student Assistant in the Spring Creek Biotechnology Lab. My experience there was extremely rewarding and I learned all the basic skills I needed to branch out to a local laboratory. They are always willing to teach you, co-workers are friendly, but the pay is low and benefits are hard to come by without a Bachelors.
Pros
Very willing to work with school schedule
Cons
Low pay, little to no benefits
Prioductive and fun work place
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 14, 2017
Very patient employers who are willing to assist employees. Quiet atmosphere. Free food sometimes. Able to do assignments when no work is available. Convenient work hours that did not interrupt class schedule.
Pros
Able to do assignments when no work was available
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Part-time night job
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 11, 2017
I liked my job, but I am taking care of my Dad. I had to quit my job and looking for a full-time day job. I need to have a full-time job with insurance.
Pros
good program
Cons
no insurance
Fun environment
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible schedule. Family orientated, pay is decent. Some start as a temp. Great environment, foods great. be prepared to stay late some days. It's important to meet deadline. always be timely.
Good for students at the school
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 22, 2017
This job was perfect for me, as a current student, I got to work on-campus and the school was required to work around my schedule. This is true for any student assistant job at Collin College, not just the one I had. During down time I could work on homework.
Pros
Working on homework during down time
Cons
The first week of classes and Finals weeks get busy.
Federal Work Study
Financial Aid Work Study (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 12, 2017
They had excellent managers and great training in the Financial Aid department but it is a grant based job that did not pay very well nor was there any advancement. They worked well with student schedules.
Pros
Great intro to working full-time
Cons
No advancement, minimal pay.
Collin College Working Experience
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 26, 2017
It's a great working experience with friendly people. The job requires light work and hence, is very good for people at any ages. We have people working from the ages of 18-74.
Cons
Job for limited time( As long as you are a student)
Splendid Experience
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 8, 2017
Had a wonderful year with Collin College, Spring Creek Campus, teaching Adobe Illustrator. The department director was a total sweetheart and backed me up every time there was an issue with a student. Totally had my back.
The campus was lovely, the computer labs were well maintained. It was a completely great place to work. Cafeteria was handy for lunch and there were plenty of pleasant places to sit and read.
The commute to work from my home in Dallas was horrible: The freeway was a death trap! I took public transit, riding the DART system which was good, fast and very affordable. It gave me time to read the paper on the way to work, and time to relax after work. Perfect.
Pros
Great facilities. Super-motivated students.
Cons
Terrible commute. Expensive cafeteria.
International Student Office
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 2, 2017
• Created memos and letter, kept track the students’ file in computer system, and gave a presentation in International Student Orientation.
• Handled receptionist multi-tasking, such as assisting the students through the phone and email, and greeting the students in a professional manner.
Great students and colleagues
Associate Faculty; Professor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Students work together within the learning environment to improve their skills. Students are attentive and eager to learn. Diversity among the students allows for creativity to build upon strengths of the students.
Fun people to work with.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Creek, TXJanuary 10, 2017
The people i interacted with on a day to day base where great, the bosses of the boss seamed to love making cut backs on the sculpture department.
Pros
The boss
Loved it
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 11, 2016
I loved working at Collin College. It was easy to balance with school and work since I could make it around my schedule. Loved my supervisors and coworkers.
Adjunct Associate Faculty
Adjunct Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2016
Wonderful, small college with great students. The staff is supportive and helpful and the campus is up-to-date.
college student
Full-time Student (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 9, 2016
I schedule my classes according to my schedule. Assistance is available PRN. Tutors and office personnel are very helpful. I do not work for Collin, I attend Collin as a student.
Love it
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2016
Love Working at Collin! The people and atmosphere are great! The faculty and staff at Collin work very hard at providing a well balanced college experience for our students. In many ways it reminds me of larger universities but in a more intimate setting. Because of the small class sizes, we really have an opportunity to get to know our students and often mentor them.
Pros
Environment
Cons
salary
Fun, laid back atmosphere with plenty of learning opportunities
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Very flexible schedule. Fun, intelligent people to work with and dynamic atmosphere with plenty of opportunity to learn new things everyday. My only complaint is that they cannot give me the hours I need.
professional work culture
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day would be talking to students in person or on phone regarding exams the plan to take. I learned to work with people from difference cultural backgrounds it could be visitors, students or faculty members.
International student office in collin college provides good service
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 30, 2015
good place to work, helped me to interact with several students having different nationalities . enjoyable place to work. Thus, since it is not related to pharmacy, but one can acquire crucial customer service experiance .
Pros
engage with diffrent nationalities and acquire good experiance
Cons
not major related
fun volunteer work
volunteer (Former Employee) –  addis ababaNovember 28, 2015
It really felt like volunteer work instead of a job from 9-5. fun surrounding, helpful people, and educational. Diverse community small compound, and a lot of customer service.