Collin College Employee Reviews

Fun people to work with.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Creek, TXJanuary 10, 2017
The people i interacted with on a day to day base where great, the bosses of the boss seamed to love making cut backs on the sculpture department.
Pros
The boss
Loved it
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 11, 2016
I loved working at Collin College. It was easy to balance with school and work since I could make it around my schedule. Loved my supervisors and coworkers.
Adjunct Associate Faculty
Adjunct Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2016
Wonderful, small college with great students. The staff is supportive and helpful and the campus is up-to-date.
college student
Full-time Student (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 9, 2016
I schedule my classes according to my schedule. Assistance is available PRN. Tutors and office personnel are very helpful. I do not work for Collin, I attend Collin as a student.
Love it
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2016
Love Working at Collin! The people and atmosphere are great! The faculty and staff at Collin work very hard at providing a well balanced college experience for our students. In many ways it reminds me of larger universities but in a more intimate setting. Because of the small class sizes, we really have an opportunity to get to know our students and often mentor them.
Pros
Environment
Cons
salary
Fun, laid back atmosphere with plenty of learning opportunities
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Very flexible schedule. Fun, intelligent people to work with and dynamic atmosphere with plenty of opportunity to learn new things everyday. My only complaint is that they cannot give me the hours I need.
professional work culture
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day would be talking to students in person or on phone regarding exams the plan to take. I learned to work with people from difference cultural backgrounds it could be visitors, students or faculty members.
International student office in collin college provides good service
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 30, 2015
good place to work, helped me to interact with several students having different nationalities . enjoyable place to work. Thus, since it is not related to pharmacy, but one can acquire crucial customer service experiance .
Pros
engage with diffrent nationalities and acquire good experiance
Cons
not major related
fun volunteer work
volunteer (Former Employee) –  addis ababaNovember 28, 2015
It really felt like volunteer work instead of a job from 9-5. fun surrounding, helpful people, and educational. Diverse community small compound, and a lot of customer service.
Productive and fun
Proctor / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
I had a great time and really enjoyed working with my team on various projects. The management was great, there were no complications with payroll.
Diverse and respectful work environment
Part-time Secretary, Institution Research Office (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 30, 2015
I have really enjoyed working with Collin College and would enjoy a full-time position if one became available. My supervisor is very fair and respectful of everyone in the department and encourages each individual to do their best.
Pros
convenient to where I live
Associate Professor
Associate Professor- College Success (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 12, 2015
I teach a college success course part-time. I teach students study skill, test taking, note taking, and self-management. I thoroughly enjoy teaching!!
Fun work environment
Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy Plano, TX, 75024May 22, 2015
A typical day at work involved taking student calls regarding Financial aid or veteran's affairs benefits. Processing reports for the automated verification software to ensure students are processed in a timely manner. My managers were wonderful supportive people. My co-workers were fun and we had a great time solving problems and getting students through the system to get their financial aid, it was a very rewarding experience. The hardest part was sometimes dealing with parents of students who wanted things done faster than was possible.
Pros
worked around my class schedule
Cons
no chance for job advancement
Great place to teach
Associate Faculty, Communications (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I've had a chance to interact and teach a variety of students--typical students and non-traditional as well. There are a variety of classes available, and I have weekly classes and a weekend express class on my roster each semester.
Higher Education
Division Secretary (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Several times a year the college becomes very busy. You need to be a flexible employee to be able to adapt with the fast changing pace. Personally, I like the diversity. Management has improved over the past few years. Co-workers are fun and we all love to eat and celebrate any occasion. We work hard and play hard. The hardest part of my job is telling someone they are not eligible to receive financial aid. Overall a fun place to work with lots of time off (10 days at Christmas and you do not have to use vacation! Who can beat that!).
Pros
Friendly co-workers, lots of time off, fun place to work.
Cons
Low pay, lack of opportunity to progress upward in career.
fun team with little to no job growth
Instructional Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 20, 2014
This position is designed to help faculty and staff(clients) with blackboard and building faculty websites. Most clients are fun to work with but you get one or two bitter apples once in a while.
Pros
High pay for interns
Cons
No help from management
Great!
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2014
I am very thankful to have had the chance to work at Collin College. I learned a lot in my position as a financial assistant. The office gets super busy at the beginning of each semester so that can be a bit stressful. I truly enjoyed being able to help others either get into school or continue their education.
Great workplace
SURGICAL TECHOLOGY OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working in the office setting, and with all of the departments. As a student employee I was unable to continue in this position once I was no longer a student.
Plenty of office supplies
Professor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 23, 2014
I never ran out of office supplies. Supervisor and Colleagues did not collaborate.
Pros
Private office
Cons
A lot of red tape when trying to collaborate.
Collin College
Adjunct professor (Current Employee) –  I love the gig.March 10, 2014
It is a delight working for Collin College. The atmosphere there is one of creative advancement. Training the students from real world experience gives the students the best possible idea of what working in the real job environment will be like.

The Department Chair and Dean are wonderful leaders, providing the best means for the faculty as Administrative rules allow.

The satisfaction one gets when a former student comes back, telling you that you were critical in their education is invaluable.
Pros
They allow you do to your job in your style while maintaining a cohesive curriculum
Cons
Adjunct Professors getting secondary choices of class loads.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collin College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3