Collin College Employee Reviews

Associate Professor
Associate Professor- College Success (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 12, 2015
I teach a college success course part-time. I teach students study skill, test taking, note taking, and self-management. I thoroughly enjoy teaching!!
Good Place to work
Professor ESL (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJune 12, 2015
Good Place to work. Good place to work. Good place to work. Good place to work. Good place to work. Good Place to work. Good place to work. Good place to work. Good place to work. Good place to work.
Fun work environment
Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), 2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy Plano, TX, 75024May 22, 2015
Pros: worked around my class schedule
Cons: no chance for job advancement
A typical day at work involved taking student calls regarding Financial aid or veteran's affairs benefits. Processing reports for the automated verification software to ensure students are processed in a timely manner. My managers were wonderful supportive people. My co-workers were fun and we had a great time solving problems and getting students through the system to get their financial aid, it was a very rewarding experience. The hardest part was sometimes dealing with parents of students who wanted things done faster than was possible.
Great place to teach
Associate Faculty, Communications (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I've had a chance to interact and teach a variety of students--typical students and non-traditional as well. There are a variety of classes available, and I have weekly classes and a weekend express class on my roster each semester.
Higher Education
Division Secretary (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, lots of time off, fun place to work.
Cons: low pay, lack of opportunity to progress upward in career.
Several times a year the college becomes very busy. You need to be a flexible employee to be able to adapt with the fast changing pace. Personally, I like the diversity. Management has improved over the past few years. Co-workers are fun and we all love to eat and celebrate any occasion. We work hard and play hard. The hardest part of my job is telling someone they are not eligible to receive financial aid. Overall a fun place to work with lots of time off (10 days at Christmas and you do not have to use vacation! Who can beat that!).
fun team with little to no job growth
Instructional Design Intern (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 20, 2014
Pros: high pay for interns
Cons: no help from management
This position is designed to help faculty and staff(clients) with blackboard and building faculty websites. Most clients are fun to work with but you get one or two bitter apples once in a while.
Great!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 5, 2014
I am very thankful to have had the chance to work at Collin College. I learned a lot in my position as a financial assistant. The office gets super busy at the beginning of each semester so that can be a bit stressful. I truly enjoyed being able to help others either get into school or continue their education.
Great workplace
SURGICAL TECHOLOGY OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), McKinney, TXJune 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working in the office setting, and with all of the departments. As a student employee I was unable to continue in this position once I was no longer a student.
Plenty of office supplies
Professor (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 23, 2014
Pros: private office
Cons: a lot of red tape when trying to collaborate.
I never ran out of office supplies. Supervisor and Colleagues did not collaborate.
Collin College
Adjunct professor (Current Employee), I love the gig.March 10, 2014
Pros: they allow you do to your job in your style while maintaining a cohesive curriculum
Cons: adjunct professors getting secondary choices of class loads.
It is a delight working for Collin College. The atmosphere there is one of creative advancement. Training the students from real world experience gives the students the best possible idea of what working in the real job environment will be like.

The Department Chair and Dean are wonderful leaders, providing the best means for the faculty as Administrative rules allow.

The satisfaction one gets when a former student comes back, telling you that you were critical in their education is invaluable.
an ok college to work for
Career Services Office Assistant (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no breaks, no pay increase, minimun wages
management relies on employees to perform all work, no team ethics in business,
Not bad
Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 18, 2014
It is a great job where I can get homework done for my masters. I really enjoy being able to talk to students daily and feel like I helped make a difference in their lives.
Professional work environment
Tutor (Current Employee), Frisco, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: signing up for appointments assures one will be helped
Cons: the available sign up spots can fill up quickly
Students who bring work to the Preston Ridge Writing Center can expect a warm welcome and exceptional expertise by a roster of tutors with vast experience in student writing and student needs.
Just Work
Admissions Operator (Former Employee), Frisco, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Just needed a job at the time and found one on campus.
Nothing major about my job experience here.
A growing institution.
Adjunct Business Management Professor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great leadership.
Cons: can't think of any.
My experience with Collin has been very positive. The leadership is excellent. Collin County students are excellent.
Productive and Fun pool tables and basketball gym
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch, etc
Cons: healthcare, etc
Dealing with student of different ethnic groups..I learned more about the fundamentals of the job rather learning to be more confidential and more straight forward with confidence as for as telling students of there status concerning there enrollment..
productive and interesting
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 8, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no breaks
Worked under pressure most often,it was very rewarding,sometimes hectic,worked as a team.
Adjunct Instructor
Graphic Design Instructor (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: staying up to date on new methods being used in the industry
Cons: semester by semester job security.
I teach one to two classes per semester excluding summer during the evening. I work about 18 students per semester introducing the students to several design programs as well as video editing program.

I get the chance to work with other professionals, active designing students and new kids considering what future they will take. Teaching students how to use the programs is only one part, I also work hard wit the student to handle not only time management with work but file management.

assigning grades to students who are well intentioned but did not abide by the instructions set up by the college.

the best part is watching te students "get it" then watching them take off using the programs. Also mentoring the students in their work to get the best outcome possible with the experience they have.
Pretty laid back and nice
Business Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 7, 2013
My supervisor was just amazing and always helped out. Laid back and nice.
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 4, 2012
Working for Collin has been enjoyable the past two and half years. As time goes by, I see myself improving and being rewarded accordingly with more classes. It's been a great experience and I hope I continue to grow at Collin.