Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 13, 2016
I enjoy working with Colonial Life and have worked for the National Team for the last 5 years traveling to many different states for National enrollments. I am licensed in 7 different states TN, TX, NC, VA, GA, AL, FL.
Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2016
Great place to be, amazing atmosphere to professionally thrive in. Over all a positive and lucrative business environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Less hours
Friendly atmosphere but difficult to advance
Account Service Rep. II (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 2, 2016
Great place to work, most people are friendly and very supportive atmosphere. The only exception is for most, advancement is very difficult to achieve. It's easier to get a job externally than internally, again for most. Development program could be a lot better, it should be for everyone not just for those select few that management thinks is best. (Just my opinion)
Pros
Great support structure.CEO is a great guy, treats everone as equals
Cons
difficult to advance. Development program could be a lot better
Solid company
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAJune 1, 2016
must be able to work independently, and be a go getter. you are your own boss and must manage your time. many calls and walk and talk
Good Foundation to get started
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
Great foundation to gain valuable experience and training. The insurance industry is tough but received support via management and team members.
I was inexperienced and didn't have funds to continue in that line of work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 24, 2016
People were great, if I had known about direct sales would have stayed a little longer. I would not go back to this career now.
Pros
Free lunches sometime
Cons
not experienced in this career
Great Company
Benefits Councelor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2016
Great place to learn and grow.
Teaches you the group insurance business from deep in the grit when working one-on-one with the individual employees.
Workaholics work here
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2016
Hated the insurance game. They picked up and moved companies without letting the employees know. Only concerned about what you sell giving little advice or leads.
Pros
the commission
Cons
everything else
Excellent growth opportunity
Financial Group Benefits Broker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Great training, good staff, good product, financial growth, wide range of service, promotion potential, community engagement, large territory
Loved working with Colonial
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Great supplemental employee voluntary benefit plans. Easy to sell and far superior to competition. I started with them in mid 2004 and worked my way up the ladder to becoming Houston's Northeast District Sales Manager. This was a great benefit to companies looking to offer part time and full time employees a benefit they might otherwise never have.
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Colonial Life was a good place to Recruit. Great overall recruiting structure and management provided good leadership.
Pros
Great recruiting system
Cons
Flexible schedule and fun woking environment
Account Sales Representative (ASR) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2016
a typical day at work is meeting new people
new day, new teaching.
management team is really helpful and takes the time in explaining any issues that arise.
my co-workers I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. we get along so well and work in unity and as a team.
the hardest part of my job is not trying.
knowing that i'm changing peoples lives.
Pros
free lunch, set your own schedule.
Cons
must be patient, and persistent.
Great company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 14, 2016
Best company I ever worked for.
Best management and home office support.
Best sales reps in the insurance industry.
Great company.
Productive fun Work place
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2016
It is Great working for Colonial Life and the opportunity they have given me
Providing advice, recommendations and information to enable the firm to grow whilst maintaining its regulatory responsibilities, taking charge of the commercial, technical and organizational interests Managing relationships with key stakeholders providing leadership to the managers of the finance, HR, business development and IT departments Negotiating terms and closing deals Ensuring that all deals meet the required revenue and margin expectations, Presiding over the organization's day-to-day, month-to-month, and year-to-year operations. Supervising and overseeing all matters on the commercial side developing and managing accounts developing the business in new markets Responsible for corporate and consumer sales and account management and the selling Able to offer understandable explanation of policy coverage to clients, Efficient at keeping client records
Pros
Great place to Work
Cons
Need more training
Great if you don't like having much income.
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 31, 2015
Drove all over the state, spending my own money to make barely enough to cover gas and food. It's simply not feasible to make a living.
A good place
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2015
i liked working there. i have learned so much that i can't even explain. the co-workers were really good. there was actually no hard part of the job.
N/a
Voluntary Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 10, 2015
it is a great place less the management needs better structural organization. The Line of Business manager and the leads have a miss in communication which trickle down to lower level employees but a great place to work I would definitely recommend.
Great People
Benefits Counselor, Life Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 6, 2015
Must be good at scheduling activities.
Need to be a salesman to sell Insurance, if you are not good at sales, do not waste your time.
Great people to work with.
Management just wants to see sales, not to help with helping agents learn to sell.
Pros
Coffee, snacks
Cons
Must be a salesman
incredible experience
ADM (Current Employee) –  Southeast USNovember 25, 2015
Allot of people talk about the job culture, or the environment at a job. At Colonial, I have experienced incredible teamwork, support from everyone around, working together to make everyone succeed. It is the most unique experience that i have seen in this industry. The job is not hard, but does require dedication and commitment. If you can do that at Colonial, they can teach you the rest, and you WILL be successful.
Pros
teamwork, environment, financial independence
Cons
having to move to new office space as we have outgrown current office.
Incredible Experience
Agency Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2015
Colonial has provided me with the great work experience. I have grown very quickly within the company. It is a very competitive field, but I have shined above most.