Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Good place to break into commission sales
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 12, 2017
Great management on the corporate level. Trainings we're very helpful and informative. Possible high income to anyone interested in being aggressive. No benefits. No reimbursement of expenses. Commission for sales very low.
Pros
Products are top of the line.
Cons
No benefits.
Productive and great training support.
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 10, 2017
As a business owner you are responsible for your productivity. The company culture is relaxed and professional. On going training and support from your manager, and team. Great place to work.
Pros
Your are 1099 agent.
Cons
Many bonuses and ongoing training and support.
Horrible Experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 8, 2017
Training was non existent, their methods are ancient, and there is no base salary. This is a job for someone who already has enough money and be able to waste months trying to build a book of business.
100% Commission position that is only limited by territory and drive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 4, 2017
Fair employer with broad product portfolio. Large territory with overlapping agents which results in some internal competition of mutual clients but a positive place to work.
not a good work environment due to management style
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALMay 2, 2017
Lack training in so many ways. Seemed to favor the guys more so then the women that worked there. Really pushed totals in every way they could break them down
Pros
close to home
Cons
not a friendly place no one stayed too long
Professional office environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 27, 2017
Very professional setting, consisting of a lot of phone calls, meetings and presentations with large groups of employees. A key importance in this job is presentation and confidence.
Pros
Room for financial growth.
Cons
Growth is not gauranteed.
Must build pipe line of leads and cold calling
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 18, 2017
Excellent renumeration, with a great deal of hard work. Your schedule is yours, work as much or as little as you want.
You are your own boss, so your pay is based on your work ethic.
Pros
Freedom of your clock
Cons
It;s straight commision
Great place to work.
Deposit Technician I (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29202April 18, 2017
I would come in and get stacks of work.; open mail and separate bills. Afterwards I would run a tape on premiums and enter data to the computer system. Later the check would be bundled, or prepared for bank deposit. I did gain data entry skills. Management was great and the workplace was very nice. The hardest part of the job was trying to be cross trained in other departments, and thinking of ways to cut cost and expenses in the company.. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to go to the Wellness Center to work out during lunch , and before or after work.

T
Pros
Fun activities, at work and outside of the work place
Fun workplace where most all of us got along very well and had a good support system.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 5, 2017
I had a job that no one liked doing and I was paid well for it. I made cold calls all day to set appointments for new agents in the Washington/Alaska territory. I was quite often bored and did not like it for that reason. The all day rejection didn't bother me because it was great when I got to talk to someone in HR at a business who understood and was willing to give me and our company a chance.
Pros
Free lunches, inspirational sales meetings, efficient online timekeeping system, good friends.
Cons
Noisy call area where I sometimes could not hear on the other end of the line, also a lot of turnover with the agents.
Fantastic place to work
Agency Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 4, 2017
Great workplace culture. The training was great, I learned about managing a sales team, cultivating relationships with business owners and brokers and developed an in depth knowledge of Voluntary Benefits Insurance.
Best Place to Work
Agency Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2017
Colonial Life is a great place to work, the company culture is very family oriented, their products are fantastic. This is a great place to become a small business owner with the solid backing of a large organization. This is a commission job, which means you have to work for your money. Rome wasn't built in a day, but if you show up and do the work, it will provide for you. The longer you stay with the company, your income and bonuses continue to grow. My income has tripled every quarter.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great company, great service and leaderahip
Cons
Sales jobs are commission only, so its up to you to earn your paycheck
Good Support System
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 27, 2017
Good Company, Have a great training system to help new managers, sales and sales support people understand how company is positioned and how to show how their products benefit their clients
Good agents to work with
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2017
Each day is making cold calls and following up with previous appointments made from prior weeks. Certain weeks there are enrollments to generate revenue till a possible lead can be closed, but there are many levels to be crossed till a deal can be made.
Pros
Some nice people to work with
Cons
Slow work, low revenue, low support
Very productive company; many opportunities
Service Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 8, 2017
Fluid positions that offer you to learn the entire business. A typical day in my position is very paced. I wear many different hats to produce and collaborate with my teammates.
Flexible but don't expect a paycheck anytime soon
Benefits consultant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 2, 2017
You become a telemarketer. Management is only worried about their initial profits off of you. They cram as many recruits possible in the small office.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Takes weeks to get a licenses & longer to make a sale
Unlimited Opportunity
Agency Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2017
Unlimited earning potential and opportunity for growth. Commission schedule is very competitive. Excellent work and life balance. Even though this is a 1099 position, Colonial Life is team based and ensures the success and training of every agent, manager and position. What a great opportunity for the driven individual that wants to be an entrepreneur.
Solid reputation in industry
New Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2017
Great people and excellent place to work. Colonial Life has a lot to offer their employees and it shows in the attitudes and public personas. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people who work there. The hardest part is trying to gain access to all parts of the job especially on the job training.
Field Work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 25, 2017
Colonial Life is fairly new to the state of Oklahoma. They have had a main office in the territory for about a year.
It's a very fast environment, many times people have told me that Training - is like drinking from a firehose. That was more than true. The training is almost impossible to complete, the instructor enjoys hearing himself talk a lot. I'm sure my time spent in training would have been much more productive if we didn't spend so much time conversing about nothing that had to do with the job.
If your are already a good sales person or already have insurance experience then you would probably love the job. It is commission only, no benefits and no pay during training. You get paid when you sale something, and only then
Pros
Complete training and you will get to make your own schedule
Cons
Making your own schedule means you have to be self motivated
Structure, technical, Enjoyable
Senior New Business Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 16, 2017
Colonial is a great company to work for. If you have a structured personality, this would be a perfect place to work. Colonial is a company that has been inline with moving forward with technology. This is a benefit that keeps the company on top.
Pros
Inside cafeteria, healthcare, onsite gym, opportunities for growth
Potentially a Great Place to Work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 16, 2017
This place has an on-site cafeteria and gym with some good equipment, free workout classes, and free personal training. The company has the desire to give the employee an optimal work-life balance and offers great benefits, somewhat flexible work schedules and competitive pay.
Pros
on-site workout facility, on site cafeteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Reviews by Location