Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Interesting place to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 1, 2014
Challenging and good training program. However, there is not a great deal of support or new agents and it is very difficult to become successful without the right suppoert.
Focusing on future
Customer Specialist I (Current Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: the schedule
Not a bad place at all to work. Advancement opportunities are truly there.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2014
A very great work day and easy-going. Easy to balance life and work out. Come in and work easily.
You make your own business
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: work life balance and no limit to how much you can make.
Cons: hard to manage others when they are not on salary.
You make your own hours, so that was really nice.

However, having a good sales mananger that makes you come in every day at a certain time really helps when you are first getting started.

You meet and work with all kinds of people, so you def have to be able to work well with others.

Most enjoyable part was building your business the way that works best for you and makes you the most money.
Productive and Professional Workplace
Agency Development Manager (Current Employee), Culver City, CAOctober 20, 2014
Given I was recruited as a manager in an industry I have never worked in before, the ongoing training and support is excellent and highly professional and supportive despite the fact this is a highly competitive commission-driven environment. Although I have a ways to go in reaching the standards I want to meet in this position, I have been given every tool I need to attain the knowledge base necessary to be successful in a realistic time frame.
Great people, great company
Consultant - HP Exstream Lead Designer (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 19, 2014
A place that makes you feel welcome with a potential to grow.
A fun staff and managers with a flexible work schedule
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee), Appleton, WisconsinOctober 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great co-workers and managers
Cons: commission based income
A typical day at work consists of doing drops to companies in your sales area, calling business owners or HR managers, or meeting with employers and employees. I have learned a great deal about how to communicate with management staff and business owners as well as the ins and outs about insurance. My co-workers and managers are fun, energetic people that like to crack jokes and are very invested in your success within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is the extreme amount of flexibility and no constraints on my workday or hours, and the hardest part of my job is managing commission as the only source of income.
Good support from the team
Sale Executive (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 8, 2014
Pros: can work from home
Cons: office was to far a way
Make sales calls daily and do sales drop 3 day a week.
Manger was very supportive and co workers were easy
to get a long with.
Cold calling is very hard, I didn't do well at it.
Very Resourceful
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee), LA, CAOctober 1, 2014
A ok! Learned a lot. They have a fantastic 1.800 helpline for agents and consumers. Very helpful!
Great place to work!
District General Agent - St. Louis Metro (Current Employee), St. LouisSeptember 3, 2014
Very down to earth people and progressive company.
Compensation is great.
Lack of structure
Agency Development Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: i left the company.
Cons: everything was terrible
Start up company in Madison that failed. Management was non existent. Total pyramid scheme work environment. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
coworkers
Accounts Services Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2014
My co-workers were like an extended family to me. When one hurt the whole department hurt.
Seems like a great place to work as long as you are not in the call center (policy holder services).
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2014
Your work hours will change every quarter. High turn over rate causes lower service levels,
not consistent business
Senior Loan Specialist (Current Employee), MarltonJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not consistent pay
Great company
No benefits
pay for all licenses fee, courses etc
Tough sell during the recession
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Vista, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great insurance products
Cons: tough sell durig the recession and only paid commission
Selling employee insurance health and life benefits, quality products, but only commission. Company didn't advertise like the competitor (the duck).
A great place to work to gain insurance experience
Associate Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: employee recognition programs
Cons: no sick time, only could use pto
A typical day at work could consist of 80 to 100 calls per day from customer as well as agents.

I learned great listening skills while working at Colonial Life. I also learned a lot about problem resolutions.

Management was always professional & available.

My co-workers consisted of all ages and were a great group to work with. I have developed some personal friendships as well with a few of them.

The hardest part of the job was on Mondays,which were our heaviest call volume day.

The most enjoyable part of my postition was the idle time, and the required CBT's.
100% commission is a hard way to make a living.
General Agent (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: i was learning something new.
Cons: 100% commission proved to be a financial hardship.
I would call businesses to sell Colonial Life insurance products. The products there were supplemental insurance products, and not your typical health, vision, and dental insurance. The product proved to be a tough sell. I learned of all the different products Colonial Life offers. The management staff was very encouraging. I was not there long enough to really know anyone well enough. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually talking to an interested party.
Good Company to be an Agent for
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: no benefits when you work straight commission
I had great managerial support and help while working at Colonial
Great environment with huge potential for sales oriented people
ALABAMA PUBLIC SECTOR TEAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Atmore, ALJune 2, 2014
Pros: read the review, it's all pros.
Cons: 1099
Colonial is a great family oriented company. The corporate culture is great. A trip to the home office will sell anyone on that, then territory meetings, kickoff meetings, bonus trips, and each perk you receive reminds you that its a great company to work for. Sales is the driving force ofcourse, but Colonial has best of its class producer support from the home through class leading technology services and access to information you need when you need it. Its great to be able to pick up the phone and speak directly to an underwriter. That's not typical based on what I've heard from others in the business. If you are looking for a career in voluntary benefits then Colonial is the place to be.
not much to say
Supplemental Insurance Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2014
job wasnt for me i prefer not work for commissions. But other than that it was ok.

1 2 3 4

About Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing benefits solutions in one neat package: excellence – Read more

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Photos