Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
AGENCEY DEVELOPOMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 19, 2017
If you are willing to work, and self motivated it has unlimited growth options. If you aren't I would look somewhere else.

The best part of it is you set your own pay and salary. The harder you work the more you are rewarded. However the constant push to recruit and hire new people just to fill positions gets tiring.
Pros
unlimited income potential
Cons
forced recruiting
Commission only
District General Agent (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 15, 2017
This is a commission only position that I held. It's a great place to work and a great concept in a larger market. I was in a small market and I needed a base salary.
Decision Makers and Supplemental benefits
District General Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 13, 2017
Working at Colonial Life was not all day but with the state of the economy, people do not have much (if any) disposable income to purchase supplemental benefits. And the waiting for a decision maker to make a decision on if/when to purchase them does not pay my bills.
Difficult to swallow
Agency Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 13, 2017
Commission only cluster-fu**. They are terrible at acclimating new employees and wonder why no one stays. The commission rate is low at best and not constant. Very few do well.
Pros
Work as much as you are willing.
Cons
Pay sucks and management is worse.
Large company with several opportunities
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 30, 2017
Colonial Life is a great place to work and management is very involved with employees. Healthy lifestyles are encouraged, and there is a pretty good work-life balance.
Stressful and unorganized.
Territory Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 29, 2017
Too many people with suggestions, but not enough decisions made.
Upper management had dedicated workers, who followed local guidelines more than corporate.
Pros
Conferences, award banquets.
Cons
Disorganized
Computers, training, pleasant associates to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2017
Colonial was a difficult but challenging work place. I am glad I was able to help customers and enjoyed the challenge of the environment. I also enjoyed my coworkers. Vacation time allowed was great but it included sick days so if you were off work for a sick day it took away from your vacation days. I averaged answering over 100 calls a day and was given great reviews.

Colonial Life is located in Columbia SC.
Pros
Breaks, leave time, lunch
Cons
Not much management help.
fun work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2017
great company to work for. I have no bad things to say in reguards to this comoany. I just got burned out needed a change. I would recomend coonial to anyone
Pros
work for self
Cons
work for self
Colonial Life
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2017
This is a great company to work with. The managers are well trained; however do not always work with you in the field unless you ask.
They have excellent products. I believe this is a good position if one wishes to learn about employee ancilliary benefits.
This is a commission only position, unless one is promoted to management. It is up to every Account Executive to recruit others from friends or working in the field. Bonus's are paid based on who you recruit.
Pros
This is a well known compan providing employee benefits on a global basis.
Cons
Commission only position.
All employees had very friendly attitudes
Agency Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL 60018August 16, 2017
I would say that the overall experience was very confusing at times. There was a not a specific training program set in place to train new employees. Everything was based on commission with no other incentives besides commission bonuses.
Pros
You can create your own work hours
Cons
pay compensation is not always guaranteed in a timely manner
calling businesses to get employees insurance benefits
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 16, 2017
typical day is being on the phone constantly talking to customers about benefits available to them. The people there were the best I've worked with, always helpful and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part was working on commission but it was also the most rewarding.
Pros
helping people get the benefits that are good for them
Cons
commission
Productivity Required
ASR (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 8, 2017
The more you put in, the more you get out. Many aspects of this job are great. It requires you to be completely self motivated and a go getter. Team placement is also EXTREMELY Important.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Poor Execution of most recent DGA
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 28, 2017
Colonial Life helps you train to become a great sales representative. It has many paths that you can take within the company.
Your managers will help you achieve your goals.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No benefits
Review
District General Agent/District Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 27, 2017
This organization approaches candidates with an opportunity for a district.

This is factually correct, as it begins with you - one person.

There is very little in the way of support. You will receive some minor training, mostly on conference calls. Your recruiting assistance comes via emails with resumes.

Your role will be to sell from the beginning while recruiting and training others to go sell instead of you.

The compensation model is very limited and it tapers off quickly to full commission while you are still responsible for paying for the office space.

Without having a large amount of experience and determination beforehand, this will be a very challenging role.
Pros
You make the schedule
Cons
Your income is very insecure. Your hours although flexible, will be very long.
Very Nice Place to work
Account Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2017
I really enjoyed at Colonial. Professional environment.
Opportunities for advancement as senior long term employees enter into retirement. Will recommend to family and friends
Productive & Driven Workplace
Operations Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2017
Great culture of positivity, drive and success. Always putting out promotions and incentives to drive more business. Lots of tools, learning workshops to help with career progression.
Micro management considered training
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2017
Too much time in meetings with too little time for attending to business - time spent in office in meetings typically does not translate into insurance sales.
Driven, mult-tasking, and fun
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2017
Colonial is a fantastic company to work for. Their benefits are wonderful, they pay fairly. However, this is 100 % commission. I have been doing 100% commission for over 17 years and am looking to stay in sales. However, due to changes in my life I am looking for a position that offers benefits.
Pros
bonuses, trips, and pay
Cons
B2B sales.
Unpaid Training
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 18, 2017
You go into this thinking its going to be great, they win you over with grandeur ideas of large amounts of money then its is hours of cold calls that you don't get paid for
Pros
Really nice people to work with for the most part, especially Adam, Anetra, Kim, and Mikey
Good place. Bad management.
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2017
I had a overall good time working here. Opportunity to make good money. while my manager was fun ans supportive the head was not. Bad leadership skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Reviews by Location