Colonial Life Insurance

Colonial Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Position
Customer call representative (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: close to home
I had to do small office tasks such as organizing and typing. I learned how to work in professional office setting. The co-workers and management were equally a great experience to work with because they expanded my knowledge of he position.
Fantastic work environment
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: incentives with paid trips etc
Cons: changing commission structure
I would set appointments for existing customers and new prospects and review current benefits and upsell where appropriate. I always sold and exceeded company standards and was always in top 5% of company.
Productive, Fun place to work, Flexible
Benefits Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: not a permanet job
This was a contract position. I was in charge of opening the front area for the City of Dallas Employees to answer questions regarding their benefits and make any changes to their benefits. All of my co-worker worked as a team in order to make sure the job was done.
I learned allot. Management was very knowledgeable of her job and provide the training needed to get the job done. We would do something special for people birthdays.
Sales, Benefits Counselor, Opener
Benefits Counselor, Opener (Former Employee), Edmond, OKDecember 10, 2014
Pros: not being behind a desk and driving
Cons: not enough business
Drive to location enroll them in supplemental benefits. The hardest part was standing up in front of a group of people having to explain our benefits. But I enjoyed meeting with each and everyone individual just did not like public speaking. The real benefit is filling the need of someone then later hear their story of how our product protected their families. This is what made my job very exciting and rewarding.
functional place you are helping someone with a life changing situation
Accident & Health Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 3, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: night life
Long Hours interesting people, you meet people from all walks of life.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Gainesville, GANovember 11, 2014
During the summer between my junior and senior year of college I interned at Colonial Life Insurance in Gainesville, GA. My responsibilities also varied in this with this employer also. One of my main responsibilities at the end of my internship was to set up a sales proposal for a company that was interested in changing providers for their employee benefits. I created a presentation with all information that was relevant for the company to make an informed decision on whether to switch providers. I calculated the difference in prices and quality of benefits for this company, and also became proficient in the knowledge to explain why this company should switch providers to Colonial Life. I accomplished my goal at the end of my internship and the company did switch providers to the one that I was representing. Aside from all of the effort that was placed into that certain project, I also had daily task that I was responsible for. I would review and correct any errors that were reported on applications. Assist and shadow different employees on their sales calls, and answer the phone for clients that needed assistance.
Outstanding
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and great compensation
Cons: commission based. you must be a self starter and stay motivated. if you don't work, you don't get paid.
Being an independent agent and working with an amazing leadership group this past year has given me the skills and abilities that I could never find working for an hourly wage. I enjoyed the flexible schedule that allowed me to spend quality time with my family.
Great City of Dallas co-workers, Management needs a major tune up.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free holiday dinners at fine resturaunts
Cons: management
Phone calls are not as much as you would typically think as far as a call center is concerned, so that was definetely a plus compared to other call centers i have previously worked at. Most customers are understandable when it comes to having to wait to get an issue fixed.

Ive learned how to manage 10 or more employees, Ive learned about health, dental, vision and also life insurance benefits. Ive learned customer service on a professional basis both on the phone and in person.

Great co-workers, I really enjoyed everybody! They are hard workers and are the greatest people i have met to date in a work environment.

The hardest part of the job would probably be during open enrollment. That time of year is the busiest and most hectic and we had more problems in those few months than we did all year. But with my help, we were able to overcome a lot of obstacles and make open enrollment a smoothe transition.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the potluck fridays or the holidays. We would always congratulate ourselves for all the hard work we have did with a little pot luck or exchange of gifts.
B2B Insurance policy.
Account manager (Former Employee), Poway, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: steady and a growing income source.
Cons: it takes a long time to develope a substantial book of business.
Your own schedule. Your own lead generation with too little support in marketing from the organization
Voluntary Employee Benefits Company
Independent Agent-Employee Benefits (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSMarch 24, 2014
Pros: self-employed, bonuses, awards
Cons: travel, all commission, no health benefits
prospect by cold calling on new business to obtain an appointment; make presentations to decision maker in reference to offering voluntary benefits; set up account; make one-on-one sales presentation to employees; enroll in proprietary software.
Everyday is different while meeting new people.
Insurance sales, business (Current Employee), kennewick, waNovember 7, 2013
I do a lot of prospecting for new business. I also do cold calling on my down time.
I have made great strides in how to approach a business and managing my time.
Sales is a tough business especially when it is commission only, but its enjoyable being able to have control of your destiny.
Busy office work
Agent and clerk (Former Employee), Clarksville,TNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: pay
Usually would go to meet clients and help them to with their financial needs. Find products that will help secure clients financial needs. Write policies for the client. Fill out all the applicable paperwork for the products, Take payments from the clients for premium and answer any questions they may have.
Colonial Life is a wonderful company.
Commissioned Agent (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 3, 2013
As a Sales Representative with Colonial, I was able to assist employers in the designing of their Employee Benefits Package. This was very rewarding to say the least. The Colonial family is unparalleled anywhere!

The only reason for a change is today's struggling economy. I understand the need for employer's to make cuts in their employees's schedules. I also understand that when an employee's hours are reduced, that employee must look for ways to make that bottom line more workable. The first thing to go are the supplemental insurance benefits that I provide. Therefore, my renewals are becoming almost nil.
Internship for insurance sales.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 25, 2013
Pros: freedom of schedule, income potential unknown
Cons: constant travel, economy affected sales.
The company was attempting to sell re-insurance. My job was to obtain new customers. Exploratory; did not care to proceed.
Productive and fun work place
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 9, 2013
I made cold calls to customers and would also travel to different businesses and make drop ins. I would build relationships with potential clients and with existing clients.
high volume customers
Appointment setter/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMarch 16, 2013
I have good personality and good attitude. I always on time to work. I am cheerful person. I am hard work.
Great Environment
Account Balance Management Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: the cafetria and the workout gym on campus
Cons: growth stunt after you reach a certain level
My co-workers were very helpful and informative. Great place to work.
Productive.
Premium Technician II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 9, 2012
Pros: free lunches, opportunities to volunteer at harvest hope
Cons: the company doesn't promote within.
I applied premium to million dollar accounts. I have very good skills with word, excel and outlook. I learned how to use a 10 key calculator. I really enjoyed working with numbers and using my knowledge to reconcile discrepancies. My co-workers were a great team to work with. Management was barely involved in my day to day work.

About Colonial Life Insurance

While its name evolved from "metropolitan," MetLife's insurance policies are found in villages, towns, and huge cities around – Read more