Colonial Life Insurance

Colonial Life Insurance Employer Reviews

B2B Insurance policy.
Account manager (Former Employee), Poway, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: steady and a growing income source.
Cons: it takes a long time to develope a substantial book of business.
Your own schedule. Your own lead generation with too little support in marketing from the organization
Voluntary Employee Benefits Company
Independent Agent-Employee Benefits (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSMarch 24, 2014
Pros: self-employed, bonuses, awards
Cons: travel, all commission, no health benefits
prospect by cold calling on new business to obtain an appointment; make presentations to decision maker in reference to offering voluntary benefits; set up account; make one-on-one sales presentation to employees; enroll in proprietary software.
Everyday is different while meeting new people.
Insurance sales, business (Current Employee), kennewick, waNovember 7, 2013
I do a lot of prospecting for new business. I also do cold calling on my down time.
I have made great strides in how to approach a business and managing my time.
Sales is a tough business especially when it is commission only, but its enjoyable being able to have control of your destiny.
Busy office work
Agent and clerk (Former Employee), Clarksville,TNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: pay
Usually would go to meet clients and help them to with their financial needs. Find products that will help secure clients financial needs. Write policies for the client. Fill out all the applicable paperwork for the products, Take payments from the clients for premium and answer any questions they may have.
Colonial Life is a wonderful company.
Commissioned Agent (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 3, 2013
As a Sales Representative with Colonial, I was able to assist employers in the designing of their Employee Benefits Package. This was very rewarding to say the least. The Colonial family is unparalleled anywhere!

The only reason for a change is today's struggling economy. I understand the need for employer's to make cuts in their employees's schedules. – more... I also understand that when an employee's hours are reduced, that employee must look for ways to make that bottom line more workable. The first thing to go are the supplemental insurance benefits that I provide. Therefore, my renewals are becoming almost nil. – less
Internship for insurance sales.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 25, 2013
Pros: freedom of schedule, income potential unknown
Cons: constant travel, economy affected sales.
The company was attempting to sell re-insurance. My job was to obtain new customers. Exploratory; did not care to proceed.
Productive and fun work place
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 9, 2013
I made cold calls to customers and would also travel to different businesses and make drop ins. I would build relationships with potential clients and with existing clients.
high volume customers
Appointment setter/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMarch 16, 2013
I have good personality and good attitude. I always on time to work. I am cheerful person. I am hard work.
Great Environment
Account Balance Management Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: the cafetria and the workout gym on campus
Cons: growth stunt after you reach a certain level
My co-workers were very helpful and informative. Great place to work.
Productive.
Premium Technician II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 9, 2012
Pros: free lunches, opportunities to volunteer at harvest hope
Cons: the company doesn't promote within.
I applied premium to million dollar accounts. I have very good skills with word, excel and outlook. I learned how to use a 10 key calculator. I really enjoyed working with numbers and using my knowledge to reconcile discrepancies. My co-workers were a great team to work with. Management was barely involved in my day to day work.

About Colonial Life Insurance

While its name evolved from "metropolitan," MetLife's insurance policies are found in villages, towns, and huge cities around – Read more