COLONIAL MANAGEMENT GROUP, LP Employee Reviews in United States

Run for the Hills
worker (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 11, 2014
If you want to work with addicts who are not encouraged/helped to maintain a sober lifestyle then this is the place for you. Long hours, low pay, but advancement opportunities due to MAJOR turnover. No real treatment, no employee training or education offered. Terrible management - will not answer calls or emails, and will lie to save their own skin. No direction and changes are an every day occurrence. Money is being made hand over fist and the average hard working employee will never see a dime of it ! Patients cannot afford the methadone and are not offered any subsidies, financial assistance whatsoever.
Pros
early hours
Cons
pay, staffing, caseloads way too high, no appreciation or loyalty
Not a good place to invest many years of service
counselor (Former Employee) –  garyJuly 29, 2014
This company along with management will turn their backs on you for the security of their own jobs. Having to be at work 5:00 am can be very draining. Your hard work and years dedicated to this company is a joke.
Run and never look back.
Pros
helping to change someone's life is most rewarding
Cons
long hours, low pay, no support from management
Proceed with caution.....
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficeJanuary 27, 2014
A terrible company to work for. If you google deleted employee reviews for Colonial Management Group LP, you will get the true picture of how this company works. Need I say more?
Cons
working for this company
Turnover Rate Very High/ No loyalty to Employees
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLDecember 4, 2013
Six day work weeks,
Travel allows you to meet others in company.
Management Team and Board are not on the same page.
Co-Workers are not happy in their responsibilities.
Building Trust with Departments (Corporate)
Helping Rebuild Patient Lives
Pros
travel and autonomy
Cons
turnover rate is north of 55%
Rewarding and fulfilling, patient oriented
Durham Treatment Center, Program Director (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 19, 2013
Very demanding days starting at 0530 and ending at.....
Wonderful patient interaction througout the day, good mix of patients, managing staff and pharmacy operations. Very high expectations from corporate level - with little or no support from management. Constant fear of losing job; mostly hostile environement from human resources.
Probably the most rewarding job I have ever had, but for human resources.
Cons
little or no support from upper management especially human resources.
Methadone Maintenance Treatment for the Chemical Dependent
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2013
Training site for Chemical Dependency Counselors. Good place to begin your career.
Extremely Stressful
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2012
The office opened at 6 AM. My duties began at 5:30. The pharmacy began dispensing Methadone at 6 AM. Part of my job was greeting patients and assessing them as appropriate for receiving their doses.
I answered questions, dealt with complaints as well as supervised all areas of the clinic.
I learned to deal with individuals of all cultures and economic status.
I understood their frustration and pain and approached it without judgment or bias.
I supervised six counselors with a very high turn over due to the low pay scale.
The hardest part of my job was supervising counselors who were just out of school and had no experience dealing with the type of clients that came through our clinic. It was important for them to keep extremely accurate records for the state and they didn't have a clue.
I most enjoyed the traveling to different clinics, training new directors,
and educating families of our clients. I also enjoyed interviewing clients on the regular basis to assess any improvement in their lifestyle since beginning treatment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COLONIAL MANAGEMENT GROUP, LP. Our community is ready to answer.