Colonial Management Group

Colonial Management Group United States Employee Reviews

Strong company in all regards
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Opportunity is there if you want to work hard and be dedicated. One will need to obtain further education or certifications but it is worth the time and effort.
Opportunities to work with an underserved population
RN supervisor (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good hours, kind coworkers and supervisors
Cons: poor pay benefits are below industry standard
Inspiring field with many avenues to explore. Working with multidisciplinary team in order to plan care.40 hour work week beginning early in the day(0445) and ending (1330)
OMGoodness NO!!!
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, BS, CSAC (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: none that i know of.
Cons: overloaded caseloads, hostile work environment, incompentent dr's and supervisors!!!
The absolutely worse place there is to possibly attempt to assist individuals toward a life of change. This company pays way below the national average, the demands are inconceivable, the management are total idiots who rarely have a degree or understanding of addiction and recovery ~ Dr.'s on staff place biases and stereotype persons in recovery and Program Directors have little knowledge (OR NONE) of addiction and recovery. Often those in direct supervision has less education, experience, and working knowledge than the counselors ~ they want the "title.' Completely a train-wreck! Staff is constantly at odds with each other, and tasks change from day-to-day depending on how the leader is feeling that day. Ethical violations occur daily!!! My worst nightmare!
I wouldn't go back to work for CMG if they tripled my pay.
LPN (Former Employee), Florida.November 13, 2014
Pros: i can't think of any.
Cons: unethical activity, well below average pay, 4:30am start time, management is non-existant, purposefully understaff.
Avoid this horrible company and all of it's problems. This nothing but a pill mill, getting people hooked on methadone to rack in the big money. When I worked there, we were purposefully understaffed, over worked and made to break the law daily. I left after a short while and never looked back.

There is no help from upper management and your local clinic boss has no power to do anything. It's a total disconnect.

Patients failed drug tests all the time, still got methadone, sold drugs in the parking lot, still got methadone, got caught many time trying to cheek meds out, never got kicked out. All this company cares about is making a buck off people with problems. All while putting your license at risk.
very stressful n full of paperwork n more steadily comings.
former employee (Former Employee), Hagerstown MarylandAugust 7, 2014
Pros: stepping stone place to start. career, don't stay more than a year.
Cons: all about the money!!!, n not people.
Never felt like I could ask a clinical question without receiving negative vibe. Counselor to Patient caseload is horrible, management will'nt back you when it comes to patients. Too many cliche's if ur not apart of it you are cast out. Left with. Bad taste in my mouth about methadone treatment. Patients on methadone for over 5 years, some of the staff have no empathy just want to punish people.
poor pay and terrible hours
fomer counselor (Former Employee), pinellas park flJuly 16, 2014
company does not care about its employees, does not give incentives or pay to keep employees there, working conditions are terrible, toilets flooding on a daily basis, caseloads too big, intakes just to make a quick 15 dollars
Validates the stigma attached to methadone treatment
Employee of 2 years (Former Employee), TexasMay 15, 2014
Cons: motivated by profit. leadership through fear.
Nothing clinical or recovery related happens in these clinics. All they care about is getting you on methadone and keeping you there.

Management is profit motivated only.
STAY AWAY !!!
None (Current Employee), Mobile AlApril 13, 2014
HORRIBLE PLACE!!!
They do not care about patients!
They just care about the money!
People failing drug tests and still allowed to dose ! Unqualified counselors !!!
People selling drugs in the parking lot and no one cares! This is not a place for treatment!
They want you to continue coming to their clinics forever!
Other states and cities have shut them down for a reason !!!
They all need to be shut down !!!!!
Unorganized
Program Director (Current Employee), ColumbusApril 5, 2014
No consistency below corporate level. High turnover and inadequate training
Profits at the cost of lives, careers
Crash test dummy (Former Employee), Rather not sayMarch 10, 2014
Pros: good co-workers (not management, of course)
Cons: worst excuse for treatment in the history of treatment
Masquerading as a treatment center. No direction. Double talk. Management non existent. Program manager is a joke. Pure travesty of a treatment program. Patients are laughed at behind closed doors. Decisions are made based on census, not appropriate care for the patient. Ethics are nonexistent.
Profit over People
Pawn (Former Employee), HellFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: lousy coffee
Cons: everything else
There is no typical day at work. The patients are vulnerable and the staff is under-qualified to work with them and under-qualified because the pay is so low that few qualified people will agree to work for the company.
I learned that true evil is real.
Management are scared morons.
My co-workers were great; not paid well, either, but love their profession.
The hardest part of the job was summoning the strength to get up at 3am to face another day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making it through the day without being shot or stabbed.
unethical corporate leaders one man for him/herself
used by the ruthless (Former Employee), officeJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: board of directors and the cmg leaders
Classic corporate office of "Wolf of Wall street"
Or "greed is good" - no boundaries no respect
But an office of leaders fighting to survive from termination by cover up and back stabbing and lying.

Come on people this isn't suppose to be the survival of the fittest or is it?

Get out while you can before they tag you next as the enemy. Best advise don't walk RUN!!!

Worst place to work they truly don't care nothing but money.
What You learned
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Augusta GaSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: a place of employment if you can't find a job anywhere else.
Cons: bad benefits, benefits offered after 90 days.
This place is not a good place to work. The director is not a nice person. Everyone is not treated the same. Youn are not payed based on your educational background. The Director treats certain employees differently. The counselors never stay long either through low pay or the bad treatment by the Director. I would not recommend this job to anyone who is Master's level or above. You will not get the salary that you deserve.
Just another job
Counselor (Former Employee), FloridaAugust 23, 2013
This company is all about the money they care nothing about the patients all the corporate want to know is why are we losing patients which means "we losing money". They pay you literally nothing but to be honest the state of Florida pays nothing for substance abuse counselors so this place do pay more than some company's. The only good thing about this job is the early hours you have to work which mean you are free to do whatever in the evenings even if you wanted to get another little part-time job
Free coffee
Manager (Former Employee), Corporate Office located in OrlandoJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed interacting with the team members in the field. They were always prompt in responding.
Horrible place to work.
Counselor (Former Employee), Saint PaulJune 14, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: everything
I spent too much of my life trapped at this place with no benefits, no decent earnings, and under a tyranny. I would not apply to this job.
Real leaders are ordinary people w/ extraprdinary determination!
COUNSELOR (Former Employee), WEST PALM BEACHMay 21, 2013
Pros: the facility manager/company, would terat us to pizza, etc. i didn't bother, to go get a slice. why? who would want to break bread with the enemy! this was by far, the worse job. i ever had. i took my new job, that i am now on very seriuosly. i have disengaged from my past, and moved away, and loving my new job:-)
Cons: there are no benefits......................................worse job i ever had! . . . .horrible!
A typical morning @ work was like, being the new kid on the block. Unprepared for the negative comment/ reactions/ remarks, (constant confict)! I learned, tht we are responsible for wht we do, no matter or age, or how we feel, about people. And maturity has more to do w/ wht types of experiences, we've had and wht we've learned from them. As for the 2 Managers @ the Facility. They could give two cent, as to wht takes place there. The (Facility Man.) was suppose to assist me w/ a transfer, but, he created "many" negative situations/issues. ( I've learned tht credentials on a persons wall, don't make them a decent human being.) My transfer NEVER happen! The (Asst. Man.), embarrassed/humiliated/ twisted conversations, me/him had privately, in front of Clients/Staff, by cursing/yelling. While there, I met a few nice Nurses there, but there were 2, (one w/ a gap in her front tooth/ the other, a heavy set loud (bully) hatian). OMG, those two women, made my life, a living "hell", to be there age. The hardest part of my Job was, going to work. I became more depressed/angry! Depression/stress, became my full-time Job. I was humiliated/paralyed by grief. It all, turned into frustration, and tht's when I started to cry! The more I tried to stop crying, the faster the tears fell and the more furiuos, I became. Grief had replaced my smile. I new then, it was time for me to resign, and move on. I can say, the most enjoyable part of my job, as a Counselor was. My obligation to my Clients. And there determination, to do and get better!
This company sucks!
LPN (Former Employee), FloridaMay 16, 2013
Pros: patients
Cons: everything
GO STRAIGHT TO THE NEXT JOB! DO NOT STOP HERE. EARLY MORNING BS IS WHAT IT BOILS DOWN TOO! JUST ANOTHER DRUG RING USING "PRESCRIBED" AS ITS DECOY! HOW CAN A PATIENT BE ON METHADONE MAINTENANCE FOR 13 YEARS? I REALLY THINK THAT THE STATE DA SHOULD LOOK INTO THESE CLINICS!
Easy job, easy money
LPN (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 21, 2013
Pros: ease of the job
Cons: staffing
The patients were nice. They gave you a hard time every now and then. Management was not supportive nor professional. If you're easily intimidated this job is not for you! A day at work is spent medicating patients that have an addiction to various drugs or prescriptions. This is a FOR-PROFIT company.
The worst place I have EVER worked.
Substance abuse counselor (Former Employee), Bangor, MaineMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great coworkers. great patients.
Cons: terrible everything else.
As the previous two reviewers stated, Colonial Management Group is basically a joke. Highly underpaid, terrible benefits (if one could even call them benefits) and no respect from management for even the best of work one produces. The eight hour day feels like fifteen with hours of paperwork. They don't care about patients, they care about money...and none of it is returned to better the conditions of the clinics, the patients or the employees. We all started here with such high aspirations, with a genuine interest in helping others and unfortunately are left dissatisfied and in a word, miserable. Even with the best of intentions one is disheartened by the inevitable nothing that one becomes as part of this company. We all try to make the best of it, helping as much as possible and doing anything we can to at least try and better a patient's day but we are treated terribly not only by patietnts that only want help when they are desperate, but also by the company that could honestly care less whether or not they even had counselors. Instead of a bonus this year or even a "job well done" after dealing with the inability to find a medical director, program director, counselors to fill the ever changing desks, and nurses, we are left to constantly wonder whether any of this even matters. This place is TERRIBLE.