Colonial Properties Trust

Colonial Properties Trust Employee Reviews

having the chance to meet and greet the residents everyday.
Service Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: co-operation
Cons: no support from property manager
I enjoyed working with other employees on my property as well as other properties. There was always help when you needed it.
apartment life
Marketing Specialist / Senior Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 26, 2014
Pros: alot of work
Cons: too high of a turnover rate on employees
stable place to work , but too high of a turnover rate of employees
Commerical Real Estate
Exec Admin Asst - FL Retail Division (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to learn in a new area.
I started at this organization as temp coming in for a 2 to 3 day project; I completed the project in 2 days and was invited back for additional time. Upon my return I was offered a full time position as their Exec Admin Asst for the Regional VP. I re-organized the office, worked closely with the property manager to assure each property was on track for maintenance, prepared and sent out tenant water bills. I was responsible or new hire background checks, drug test paperwork setup upon their hiring. I was responsible for the team member random drug checks. The office was small but we worked together as a team to get the job done.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAFebruary 8, 2014
Performed hands-on maintenance of apartment community. Duties included overall inspection, repair and preventive maintenance of apartments and other interior/exterior areas. Supervised and delegated work for the maintenance department staff. Worked with the Property Manager to maintain a budget for the most cost effective practices. Provided training and development for
over all good job
Service Technician/service manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 23, 2014
spent ten years learning milt-family housing. Lots of painting and performing daily repairs.
Great Job
Marketing/Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2013
Enjoyed working here for 3 years.............................
Focused small cap REIT
Regional Vice President (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2013
Great opportunity to lead some of the best property managers in the business.
Economic Downswing took a toll
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: the tremendous amount of hands-on experience it gave me.
Cons: the extremely tight budgets because of the economy made it extremely difficult to give services.
The job that I performed for Colonial was very challenging and rewarding but Colonial Properties was the hardest place to work in my entire life experience. The reason for this, I believe, was the economic downswing of the entire country. There was high employee turn-over, and multiple level layoffs which went on continually undermining employee rapport. Budgets were slashed severely which meant not having the resources or staff members needed to perform your job to its maximum result. I learned so much during this time because the lack of help cross-trained me on other tasks. My co-workers were awesome for the most part, but seeing them laid off wasn't a pleasant part of the employment.
Excellent place to work
Senior Director of Network Operations (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I have worked for Colonial Properties for the last 14 years. IT has been on of the greatest experiences of my professional career. Our senior manager has always been open and supportive and allowed me to manage the enterprise as I saw fit. My staff of engineers and support techs are the best. I would put them against any staff in town. My management peers are top notch as well. We work closely to provide an always on network and excellent customer satisfaction. The most difficult part of this position is having to leave. We are being absorbed by a merger and everyone is going their separate ways.
Extremely high pressure and upper management encouraged to humilate employees
Area Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2013
Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reporting
Process Rental Income, Delinquents and Legal Litigations
Promote Resident Retention
Build customer Rappor
Inspection and property walks of interior and exterior for market ready units.
Great team environment.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2013
Reviewing general ledger and job cost. Final approval of all invoices for development and construction. Reporting for upper management and SEC. Research various issues. The management team at Colonial is excellent. Co-workers there are very friendly and always helping.
Great Company to work for.
Helpdesk/IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great managment team.
Cons: company has been sold.
I have enjoyed working with this company for the past & years.
Great Job
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: merged with another company
Great place to work. Casual environment. Recently merged with another company.
Great Company
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee), AustinJune 29, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: medical insurance is expensive
I took a lateral move to work for Colonial and have not regretted it. The company really has a family feel and you can really feel the support your immediate supervisors and upper management give you.
Great Pay and Great Values
Property Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 25, 2013
Pros: reduced rent, employee recognition, great pay
Cons: benefits, 60 hour work weeks
The company is great for recognizing employees hard work ethic. Job is rewarding and management supports its members. The hardest part of the job is not getting what you think the property needs to improve. The most enjoyable part of the job are the tenants and co-workers.
productive work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2013
my day consisted of grounds,work orders,apartment turns, and teamwork. I learned on-site maintenance, any and all apartment issues.
Great leadership, dynamic work.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, TXMay 22, 2013
Pros: large network of team members with excellent support
Cons: pressure in a very competitive industry
I loved working for Colonial. The people were great and the company is progressive. Always looking for ways and areas to grow and recognize their talent! They had a clear career path and their product (multi-family housing units) were usually on point. They made selling them easy. A typical day is very fast paced with a fair amount of pressure on driving results. This company is best for very motivated and driven, sales minded individuals. It is also an excellent role if you like meeting new people. I literally met someone new almost everyday. Leasing is the perfect blend of office work and customer service. If you make it on to the right property, you can really take your career far.
Be prepared to be worked like a dog...
leasing (Former Employee), texasJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: the rest of the package. no life tons of stress
The good reviews you see on here are all written by their hr department. This company will work you to death and they will keep asking for more. If you have a family, forget about seeing them because you will work up to 10 days in a row with no break. Upper management could careless about you and is quick to threaten your job if you don't lease anything in any given day. Especially during the time of year when leasing is slow, they will kick you and keep kicking. They have no grasp on strategy. When you should be leasing your pants off they jack the rents so high that no one wants to lease and then when it gets slow they lower them on a slit bit and tell you to go get some leases...only bad thing is no one wants to lease because they already found a home. The other thing is they make you work short staffed and while you are at your busiest with no one in the office...surprise it's audit time!!!
Stay away from Colonial
Leasing (Former Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 15, 2013
Cons: you will have no life outside of colonial
This company cares nothing about their employees or residents. It's all about making money for themselves. Will find every reason to write you up and take your commission away. Always seems the write up is given when your highest commission is coming due. Company makes you stand in a "V" formation when the higher ups come into the office. It is so humiliating. Micro managed constantly, sometimes work 10 days straight, outdated dress code.
Great team enviornment
Leasing (Current Employee), BirminghamJanuary 11, 2013
Nice place to work. Very team-oriented. Well balanced management and informative co-workers
Headquarters