Colonial Properties Trust Employee Reviews

Get ready for some P/Oed tenants.
Maintenance Technician, Hourly (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 19, 2017
Every property that Colonial has is different, and I would hope so after spending a year at the one in particular that I used to work for. When I say this company will cut some corners, I mean that they will cut what they need in half to get that corner cut. Everyone stayed mad at that place. Be wary, multi-family housing is not for those who can't take a good cussing out every once in a while.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Having to tell tenants you can't.
Great learning stone!
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2017
Loved working for this company. They really helped me hone in on my marketing skills and closing ratios. Teaching me all the tools I needed to be successful
Excelent company
Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28226March 3, 2017
This was an excellent company to work for. It is too bad that they merged with MAA. This merger definitely changed the culture of the company for the worse.
Great
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Great company to work for that offers excellent health benefits as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick time. They are a growing company that takes care of its employees
Colonial Properties Trust was a great company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCAugust 24, 2016
Colonial Properties Trust was a great company to work for! Due to personal health reasons I was not able to keep my job. If it were not for this unfortunate circumstance, I'm 100% I would have still been employed with them. I do believe now they were bought out by MAA.
Worked ourselves out of jobs
Retail Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
The retail development team was a dream team. We built, leased and sold many power and lifestyle centers across the southeast. The EVP that I reported to was phenomenal to work with. He was brilliant and made CLP very successful. Once we achieved all the goals in our pipeline, the company downsized and cut the entire division. It was tragic, but a great leaning experience.
Pros
great pay, hardworking team, earned success
Cons
Economy crashed around us
Colonial Properties Was Very Good To Me & For Me
Senior Asset / Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 14, 2015
Met a lot of people while working at Colonial, I managed over two million S.F. of office space. I learned a lot about Corporate America being employed here and had great benefits.
having the chance to meet and greet the residents everyday.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with other employees on my property as well as other properties. There was always help when you needed it.
Pros
co-operation
Cons
no support from property manager
apartment life
Marketing Specialist / Senior Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 26, 2014
stable place to work , but too high of a turnover rate of employees
Pros
alot of work
Cons
too high of a turnover rate on employees
Commerical Real Estate
Exec Admin Asst - FL Retail Division (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 13, 2014
I started at this organization as temp coming in for a 2 to 3 day project; I completed the project in 2 days and was invited back for additional time. Upon my return I was offered a full time position as their Exec Admin Asst for the Regional VP. I re-organized the office, worked closely with the property manager to assure each property was on track for maintenance, prepared and sent out tenant water bills. I was responsible or new hire background checks, drug test paperwork setup upon their hiring. I was responsible for the team member random drug checks. The office was small but we worked together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
The opportunity to learn in a new area.
over all good job
Service Technician/service manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 23, 2014
spent ten years learning milt-family housing. Lots of painting and performing daily repairs.
Focused small cap REIT
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2013
Great opportunity to lead some of the best property managers in the business.
Economic Downswing took a toll
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2013
The job that I performed for Colonial was very challenging and rewarding but Colonial Properties was the hardest place to work in my entire life experience. The reason for this, I believe, was the economic downswing of the entire country. There was high employee turn-over, and multiple level layoffs which went on continually undermining employee rapport. Budgets were slashed severely which meant not having the resources or staff members needed to perform your job to its maximum result. I learned so much during this time because the lack of help cross-trained me on other tasks. My co-workers were awesome for the most part, but seeing them laid off wasn't a pleasant part of the employment.
Pros
The tremendous amount of hands-on experience it gave me.
Cons
The extremely tight budgets because of the economy made it extremely difficult to give services.
Excellent place to work
Senior Director of Network Operations (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2013
I have worked for Colonial Properties for the last 14 years. IT has been on of the greatest experiences of my professional career. Our senior manager has always been open and supportive and allowed me to manage the enterprise as I saw fit. My staff of engineers and support techs are the best. I would put them against any staff in town. My management peers are top notch as well. We work closely to provide an always on network and excellent customer satisfaction. The most difficult part of this position is having to leave. We are being absorbed by a merger and everyone is going their separate ways.
Pros
Flexible hours
Extremely high pressure and upper management encouraged to humilate employees
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2013
Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reporting
Process Rental Income, Delinquents and Legal Litigations
Promote Resident Retention
Build customer Rappor
Inspection and property walks of interior and exterior for market ready units.
Great team environment.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2013
Reviewing general ledger and job cost. Final approval of all invoices for development and construction. Reporting for upper management and SEC. Research various issues. The management team at Colonial is excellent. Co-workers there are very friendly and always helping.
Great Company to work for.
Helpdesk/IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2013
I have enjoyed working with this company for the past & years.
Pros
Great managment team.
Cons
Company has been sold.
Great Job
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, Alabama July 15, 2013
Great place to work. Casual environment. Recently merged with another company.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
merged with another company
Great Company
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  AustinJune 29, 2013
I took a lateral move to work for Colonial and have not regretted it. The company really has a family feel and you can really feel the support your immediate supervisors and upper management give you.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
medical insurance is expensive
Great Pay and Great Values
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 25, 2013
The company is great for recognizing employees hard work ethic. Job is rewarding and management supports its members. The hardest part of the job is not getting what you think the property needs to improve. The most enjoyable part of the job are the tenants and co-workers.
Pros
Reduced Rent, Employee Recognition, Great Pay
Cons
Benefits, 60 Hour Work Weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colonial Properties Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9