Colonial School District Employee Reviews

Like a Family
Elementary Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 5, 2016
I truly enjoyed my time as an Elementary Education teacher within the Colonial School District! Administration in my building was amazing. I felt truly lucky to be working for such a caring principal. I will truly miss my time at NCE.
Pros
Wonderful staff and Admin
Cons
Testing
Colonial School District is a great enviroment in which to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 18, 2016
The company has given me many opportunities to learn management positions and has also given me many experiences in learning how to work with many people. The hardest part of the job is trying to work with the different working paces of others. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting many people and being able to assist others.
Working with this organization afforded the opportunity to work both outside and to keep my administrative skills sharp by working in the office.
School Bus Driver/PA Cert Instructor/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 26, 2015
Typically, my work day began with driving a school bus route that transported special-needs students. Following that, I would work in the Transportation Office assisting with many administrative duties including providing information to parents, schools, contractors, resolving complaints, assisting in the routing of buses, training school bus drivers, providing driver in-service training as required by the state of PA every 4 years. My co-workers were a fun bunch with which to work. My supervisors were very pleasant, fair and respectful towards me. Realizing how much the parents appreciated the conscientious job that I did was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Kept my office skills sharp as well as a valuable B class commercial drivers license
Cons
There was not an employee handbook with a clear set of holidays, policies, etc.
Great people, and learned a lot about co-teaching.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 27, 2015
There were a lot of teachers who were there because they wanted to help all the children. I made great connections with teachers, therapists, and parents.
School District
Human Resources Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with the different employee groups. The ultimate goal is to make sure the top talent is hired to service students.
Pros
10 month and 12 month positions are available.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities for secretaries.
Loved this summer job.
Janitor/Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 9, 2015
As a youth the school district would hire student athletes during the summer. We would keep the grounds, do janitorial work etc. I worked three summer with them and I loved it every year.
Desire to teach in an urban setting
Student Teacher/Long-term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 18, 2014
I left this position to pursue a teaching position in an urban setting.
Great Place to work
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lafayette Hill, PAAugust 16, 2014
A day consisted of general cleaning of areas in the different schools in the district, I learned alot about the uses of different techniques and tools of the trade. Management was very helpful in providing a great work environment and ensuring we had all the tools necessary. Co workers were very helpful as well in learning the ropes.

Hardest part of the job for me was the travel, but it was worth it. And I enjoyed every aspect of the job itself.
Public School
Writing Clinician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 8, 2013
Worked with students on essay assistance. It was a public school teaching position.
Good place to work, friendly environment
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DeApril 9, 2013
Very productive, very busy, at times slow, over all it was good, like to be busy, people are very friendly. I was a substitute and job was temporary. I enjoyed coworkers willing to help out as team players when needed.
Cons
temporary
John G. Leach is a great school to work at, it a very eye opening school.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 20, 2013
I work in the 18-21 year old program. These students are on they way to graduate and we get to enjoy Prom with them and graduations with Caps and gowns. Its very fun and sadding due to the students had been in the school since they were 3 years old.
Pros
the number one pro is you get to see what they've learned and mastered over the years.
Cons
they are leaving and you are their last stop before graduating.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 11, 2012
I enjoyed working with disabled children as being a paraprofessional on the school bus from picking them up in the morning and taking care of them as they are being transported to school and the same task in the afternoon until they are dropped off in the afternoon to there home.
Pros
helping others
Fun place to work.
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 26, 2012
Wonderful environment for a young person starting in the field. Very open and supportive office.
IT Assistant
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 20, 2012
This was an internship where I hand touched, cleaned, and loaded programs onto 3,000 computers in the school district. This was my first formal experience where I was able to apply my MIS classes in the work force.
Subsitiute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 7, 2012
Amazing school district with much opportunity to sub every day and make a sustainable income.
Review
Counselor (Former Employee) –  new castle, deJuly 21, 2012
Great place to work..
Great learning experience...
Great people...
Temporary contract ended to soon..
Pros
great people
Cons
temporary contract

4.3