ColonialWebb Employee Reviews

overall enviroment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 15, 2017
flexible work loads and good benefit programs that you could tailor to your family needs. Also employor supplied vehicles were well maintained. Supervisors were readily avalible
Horrible management got worse
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 15, 2017
Not a good place to work at all, micromanagement and no employer employee trust leads to multiple confrontations between office and field staff, co ordinators are a joke and are by far the worst I've ever had to deal with, used to be a big issue with upper management until they "fixed" it, now it's even worse. ONLY reason anyone should work here is if they enjoy being disrespected by upper management and general unfair treatment all around.
Pros
Will make you understand how a supervisor shouldint treat you
Cons
Too many to list
Was a fun learning experience
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 15, 2017
This job taught me a lot not just the business aspect but great life lessons. During my time there I learned different skills that can really help me with future jobs
Pros
Great group of people great work environment
Cons
The unhealthy work conditions
Opportunity!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 7, 2016
I have been with ColonialWebb since I was 23 years old. Each year the company has provided me with new opportunities to learn, grow and better my life. If you are looking for a company to hand you a career this is not the company for you. They expect hard work, commitment, growth as an individual and for you to always look out for your customers and your fellow team members. In return they will provide you the opportunity and environment for you to succeed. We have fun, we build friendships and we strive to do better every day. I have never been bored in 15 years, not one day! I have built relationships that will last a life time both with our customers and my team members. The people who have taken the time to teach and coach me over the years are phenomenal; this includes managers and fellow co-workers alike, and I spend many days paying their investment in me forward. ColonialWebb invests heavily in training for all positions in their company. You will be hard pressed to find another company that pushes itself to be better they way CWC does and if you are the type of person that like to grow and push yourself to the next level then this is the right company for you!
Pros
Opportunity, Training
Cons
None that take away from the overall experience
Great company that is progressive and making positive change
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  VANovember 7, 2016
The company struggled earlier due to some bad employees. Management sees problems and began working with all of the offices to take care of long issues with same people. One of the few places I have worked that management actually cares. Work life balance is good your opinion counts.
Pros
Management is lsitening and has improved the environment
Cons
Summers are long days, but good paychecks
Don't get near this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2016
The incompetence starts at the top and creates a downward spiral into the field. The Management can't lead and can't keep the employees from leaving. The organization is horrible and doesn't care about the employee. All the good HVACR field techs move on to other companies. DO NOT WORK HERE!!
They are no good
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
Do not take a job here!! You will be miserable
You will be accused of everything, they don't trust you dispatch is horrible!! Stay far far away from this place!!
Pros
Going home at 5:00
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 8, 2016
ColonialWebb local hva company that has been in business since 1972 with loyal customers as well as loyal technicians and office staff.
They put on a good show!
Service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 15, 2016
First let me say ColonialWebb has some outstanding, hard working people. However, the direction of the company and the culture is horrendous. This company does very little to develop employees outside of technicians. If you are not making money for them (aka turning a wrench) then you are disposable. With a recent round of layoffs, visable corporate culture and lack of opportunity I would not refer this company. That being said the company has unique opportunity to enhance the culture and build sales because they do have great people. Unfortunately management doesn't have the skill set needed to develop or encourage.
Pros
Great, knowledgeable people
Cons
corporate culture, management is a joke, unethical issues
Great place to grow
service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 8, 2015
I think the managers at ColonialWebb are strong and my supervisor is great. He’s providing me with awesome development opportunities and I’m definitely not micromanaged. The company puts a lot into training its people and providing avenues to grow our careers. People on my team work hard and care about the work they do. The culture is unique for a contractor, not every day you run into a company so focused on caring for each other and the work we do. Truly blessed to work here!
Pros
People, career development
Run! Run far away!
Safety (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 5, 2015
The management will paint a pretty picture to get you in the door however it will not take long for you to figure out that it was all lies. I found upper managements ethics to be questionable and they do not practice what they preach. Management preaches safety through care but their actions consistently proved that "care" was a meaningless word to them. In their mind everyone is replaceable and that is exactly how they treat their employees. Salary and benefits are not what you expect for this field.
Corporate Oriented
Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport NewsOctober 21, 2015
This company requires you to attend saftey meetings every monday morning that in itself is not a bad thing but they make you sign documents after evrey meeting.The document states that you fully understood every rule and aspect of that meeting and are held responsible for strict adherence.
HVAC especially in the south is a dangerous business, you put your life on the line every day servicing old dangerous buildings with none of the safety code requirements they hold you accountable for.
But in the end after you put your life on the line for years for this company if you get hurt they have a mountain of saftey documents to sift through to find you ineligible for the coverage you need .This would such things as workmens comp or other compensation.Thats the thanks you get for serving this company faithfully your a liability no longer needed to be thrown away. If you lose your house that is no consequence to them All for corporate profit margins
Pros
Standard pay
Cons
too many to list
Great Place to Work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  RichmondOctober 13, 2015
If you are ready to work hard, smart, fast, and develop a long term career, then ColonialWebb is the place for you. The culture is AMAZING, we are always giving back to the community, having monthly employee rallies, having weekly food trucks, and the atmosphere is always upbeat and positive. Who knew working for a large construction and service mechanical systems organization could be be this much fun. Yes, we try to have fun everyday, while doing meaningful work! It's great to work for such a large and respected organization. The outlook is very promising for ColonialWebb, I'm so glad I made the decision to join the team!
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits, safety culture, management, compensation, and career advancement!
Cons
None, really, none!
Job Shadowed with the company
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2014
Learned many aspects about the functionality of the company overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ColonialWebb. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8