Colony Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good for the season
Embroidery Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIDecember 3, 2016
It's great for the holiday season, if you need money, or to order from catalogs. Mostly temp positions, so no benefits. It really depends by department in terms of company cash ("booster bucks" that you can use like money with catalogs or save more on company sales), speed of production, and work environment. Best department I've worked for is embroidery. Mailing is the worst due to favoritism and low hours.
Pros
Company cash "booster bucks, " wage, hours, environment
Cons
No benefits, low hours, low mental, poor management in certain departments
co workers were great but...
Assistant Supervisor/fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WINovember 3, 2016
In my opinion the company takes advantage of so many employees and expects quite a bit of them (especially during their busy season). Wages and 'compensation' is much lower than the national level and it is generally known that management/owners have blocked new business from coming to the area in order for them to keep low wages.
I really enjoyed my work there, the people were generally good and honest hard working people. On a good day I was busy with my duties, responsibilities and the work that needed to be done. The hardest part of my job though was having little input as to how something might be improved upon or having to retrain individuals numerous times when they would have performed better in other areas of the company.
I was considered PART TIME but worked 40 hours/week. I was offered health benefits because I worked 'x' amount of hours per year. There was no offer of paid time off (pto) days or vacation pay.
Pros
paid break time, "booster bucks", a company sponsored cookout
Cons
little show of appreciation from upper management and the company in general, low wage
Low hours, incompetent supervisors/managers, poor employees make for elevated job difficulty
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMarch 6, 2017
This company has good intentions but has a poor follow-through. The management is scarce and is quick to push their duties onto others. A lot of the time there are very limited hours (3-5) instead of a full 8 hour work day.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, 15 minutes break every 4 hours
Used skills but didnt pay for them
Weekend Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IADecember 20, 2016
Keeps majority of the employees as temporary even though you work for them for over 20 years. Over look you for promotions but use your skills for the same job the promotion was for.

Worked for years in a management position without benefits and acknowlegement.
Pros
The variety of people you meet
Cons
good job ONLY if like being seasonal all your life
Assistant Supervisor/Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIJune 17, 2016
NO growth or job potential

seasonals do the work and then some of full time employees which the seasonals are full time basically, just NO benefits

way too many mid level mgmt. and supervisors doing nothing just picking up a paycheck is all
Pros
can get unemployment benefits when on call on a whim when they don't need you
Cons
no full time with benefits offered to most
Run away
office clerk (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIJanuary 20, 2016
Seasonal yet work near full time with NO real benefits

All seasonals get the same raises every year even if one seasonal does 3x's the workload of the other in the same office doing an easy job anyone can do in near 1/2 their time.

Short staffed, won't hire even if 2 full time people quit in the office, just keep pushing more and more and more work onto the seasonals still left there until they decide to quit as well.

Mgmt. nor HR nor a lot of supervisors in certain depts. know how to fairly compensate workers for their hard work.

Overworked, Underpaid, living the American dream - NOT!!
Pros
unemployment benefits, if even get to use much at all
Cons
pretty much everything else
High Salary
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dickeyville, WIJanuary 22, 2017
Colony Brands, Inc. is a great place to work if you don't mind sitting in a chair for eight hours straight. I took phone orders for online and hardcopy magazines. You are encouraged to upsell and can get in trouble if you don't upsell enough. They have a lot of incentives like good wages, food, and company money that is sometimes given out. I like using computers and have no problem entering data and talking to individuals on the phone, but have a hard time sitting for so long. I like being active.
Fun People Oriented Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 29, 2016
Great place to work. The work is not over demanding. The pay is nice. The advancement opportunities are very nice. Job security isn't amazing. Many people are laid off during the slower parts of the year.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Good Possibility of Being Laid Off, Hours are Limited
Full Time Packaging Intern (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WINovember 16, 2016
The privately held company treated myself as an independent entry level engineer. There was typical busy work as well as impactful projects and tasks that reflected well with expanding my professional portfolio. I highly recommend Colony Brands to interns looking to advance their career in e-commerce.
Ok job if you just want some hours here n there. Not a stressful job!
Miscellaneous Back To Stock (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed the work. The day shift was busy. So, if you like to be busy, this is a great job. Great work out as well! You can work in Picking, just go at a nice pace - without talking to people. Induction was too boring! Just pull out items from totes and set on running conveyor, so you're in one /two positions repeating this movement for your shift! Packing, nice job too but just working in a small space putting items in cubbies then packing items out. There's other jobs too but I haven't experienced them yet.
Too many chiefs. Bad communication among supervisors. Too many inconsistencies between shifts and leaders. Non workers got more job time-favoritism. A lot of leaders don't want to listen to non permanent employees as to improve a job and not waste so much time also repeating of one job which can be prevented. Makes you wander if these educated supervisors know what really is happening in the plant and HOW THINGS SHOULD BE RUNNING!
Pros
They try to work on your schedule. Great employee store.
Cons
Trust in leaders. Frown upon talking- talk on your break only, unless you're brown nosing! Forced to work Monday thru Saturday Nov. and Dec. months.
Great company to work for!
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIJanuary 12, 2017
The work environment there suggests that they do care about their employees. You won't get rich working there but at the time it did work well for me as a second job.
Pros
Flexible hours, fun environment, lots of free edibles
Cons
no full time hours, low pay, being sent home early on slow days
Community-driven company
Lead Stylist/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIMay 9, 2016
Family-owned, privately held, community aware organization. Nice company perks, benefits and bonuses. Good people to work with.
Aging business that needs an overhaul
Inbound Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Most of the leadership is hired from within the company. Common sentiment seems to be "if it's not broke, don't fox it." Employee base in engaged overall, but management needs an overhaul.
Productive and generous
Customer Service Representative and call monitor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJanuary 25, 2017
Colony Brands offered a lot of incentives! They offered discounts for their employees and you could make more money for reaching goals. They also offered job opportunities to increase pay and move up the employment ladder. The only reason I left this company was to go back to school.
A one out of five
Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe bakeryDecember 4, 2015
Management doesn't care about the workers. They don't like to hire full time employees so you won't get vacation or holidays or benefits. If you can get in full time you won't get a fair pay rate or any training. Nobody seems to know what they are doing and everyone has a really bad attitude towards the company and management.
Pros
Clean air conditioned environment
Cons
No training. No management. No advancement.
Gossipy Enviroment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 20, 2016
Sometimes has just another body feeling. However, areas of advancement just avoid the gossipers and should be fine just watch your back.
Productive work environment with many opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 5, 2016
This company has allowed me to develop many social and life skills that I will take with me as I move on to my next job. You are allowed to grow and set goals within the company that in turn will help you to expand your success and experiences in the workplace.
Good working environment.
Customer Service Order picker (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WINovember 21, 2016
When I clock in we all do a stretch as a group before going off to work. Its a fast paced working environment that pays well and takes cares of its employees.
Lots of incentives
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIOctober 6, 2016
Sort, pack, wrap, tie, label, store and transport products to and from warehouse and distribution centers. Weigh products and record weight and other data in product labels. Monitor and maintain accurate inventory via regular cycle counts.
Pros
some free lunched on holidays
Cons
get laid off
Great company that treats its employees well
Employment Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIOctober 22, 2016
Great company to work for. Just celebrated its 90th year in business. Treats the employees well and offers many perks and rewards for hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colony Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.