Pros: the best innovative skin care, bathing, hand washing & wound care products in the market
Cons: sween sold company to coloplast.
Sween was the best company I had worked for!
Sween was the leading innovative medical manufacturer of wound care products, skin care for incontinence, anti-fungal cream & powder, alpha hydroxyl cream, no rinse bathing, hand washing, ostomy appliances, catheters and urological products for Hospital, Long Term Care and Retail healthcare. Peri-Wash and Sween Cream were the gold standard! I really enjoyed calling on Hospitals and the Practitioners to get Sween Products on Hospital Formulary!
I enjoyed the challenge to sell an expensive product line against inferior competitive look-a-likes by selling Features and Benefits with financial comparison.
This was the best Professional Sales Team and Management structure I had worked for and was due to advance into management, until Coloplast purchased Sween Corporation! In 1 1/2 years after the acquisition, Coloplast methodically downsized all of the Sween Sales Force and restructured the compensation and benefits. I was the highest paid Senior Sales Representative and the first they downsized! I was shocked and disappointed!
I enjoyed the 12 1/2 years and moved on.
My accomplishments were:
• Awarded “Presidents Inner Circle Award” in 1991, 1992 and
1993 in recognition of having doubled sales objectives.
• Qualified and won the Presidents Honor Council Award - eight consecutive awards for achieving sales revenues in excess of sales objectives.
• Honored as the “No. 1 Sales Representative” among 49 peers in 1993.
• Increased gross revenues from $176M in 1986 to $1.2 MM in 1996.
• Increased Market Share from 2.5% to 45.7% in 12 years.