Position Summary: Verifies and tracks incoming shipments. Prepare items for outgoing shipment. Assists varies departments with deliveries to customers or other departments.
Hours: 10am - 6 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle, store and ship outgoing goods
- Demonstrate the ability to understand job tickets, work orders, shipping documentation, way bills, bills of lading, shipping inspections, standard operations procedures, and purchase order specifications.
- Inspect outgoing goods
- Compare goods to shipping documents and determine suitability
- Pull samples, label, load, and ship material as required by specifications
- Account for and document shipping, inspection and inventory
- Delivery outgoing materials to customer or necessary departments
- Communicate with other drivers and Shipping Manager throughout the day
- Maintain vehicle and notify Shipping Manager of repairs needed
- Load vehicle with Fork Lift
- Package materials
- Deliver materials promptly and efficiently
- Ability to read a map
- Drive safely
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Communication—the individual is able to read, write and interpret written information. Must be able to read job tickets, work orders, shipping documentation, bills of lading, ways bills, shipping inspections, purchase order specifications, and a map. Highly developed personal communications skills.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates attention to detail with accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Safety and Security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly. Ability to operate equipment safely.
- Cooperative – the individual is able to work with others in a team environment. Willingness to accept direction from supervisors, management, and other team members to improve quality and performance.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual is extremely well organized, able to multi-task and prioritizes and plans work activities, self-motivated, self-starter, results driven, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans, ability to meet deadlines
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Education and Experience:
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma
- Read and write in the English language
- 1 Year of employment in the Materials Department in a general capacity
- 6 Months experience in receiving and inspecting outgoing goods
- 2 Years of experience in customer service
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Lift truck operation is required
- Fork lift operation is recommended
Indeed - 13 months ago