Colorado Christian University Employee Reviews

Teacher's Assistant in English Department
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 3, 2017
Worked alongside instructor to edit/critique poetry and short stories for literature classes. This was not a formal occupation I was paid for. I enjoyed reading the submissions of other students and working in an area I love: the writing craft.
Ccu
lab classes & clinical instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2017
Strong Christian morals, very good support of staff. Was able to get help when asked for it. Culture of job;: A+. Hardest part of the job: like any clinical job, it is to go to new places repeatedly and be the new kid on the block each time. Most enjoyable: working with the Nursing students applying skills
Awe inspiring place to work
Enrollment Counselor and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Main Campus, Lakewood ColoradoJune 23, 2017
I really enjoy the opportunity and ability to impact an individual's worldview in such a way that helps them transform themselves into the person they strive to become on their life's journey.
Fun workplace with great people, finally starting to gain momentum in technology and processes.
Director (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 23, 2017
Environment will vary depending on department. Due to the organization being smaller, you will take on quite a bit of work that may typically fall to more people or other departments. Overall, you will grow and learn a lot professionally and personally. Management will invest in their staff through a variety of professional development trainings, one on one meetings and university hosted events annually. Being a faith based organization can be a catch 22 for some. It is great that teams can meet and pray, but not everyone has the exact same beliefs (no surprise there). There are some dogmatic believers as well as those who are more about their faith rather than "religion". Overall, it is a great place to work.
Very professional environment
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 27, 2017
I loved being able to inspire and mentor prospective educators. I enjoyed being given the opportunity to teach a variety of courses to people who were seeking teaching certification.
Good entry level job
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 12, 2017
The people are really nice and there is a big Christian focus. My problems were mainly with their pay and very little room for advancement. It is a good entry level job, but not set up for long term enjoyment.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Bad pay, little room to grow, not appreciated as staff
Great People
SPORTS INFORMATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 18, 2017
The people who work at Colorado Christian are truly the best people you will ever meet. Everyone is kind and friendly, and it is a great work environment.
Great employees to work with
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COApril 6, 2017
Great coworkers and great overall mission of school. However, change happens very slow and there is an old boys club that is attached to old ways of doing things. Most everyone is overworked and so mistakes are made and not fixed.
Pros
Great people and vision
Cons
Low pay and slow change
Colorado Christian
Full time student (Former Employee) –  GlobalMarch 7, 2017
Supportive environment for learning and growing. self paced for individual success. Christian based learning. professional mentors available. Great place to further education.
Christ Centered work environment
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COJanuary 18, 2017
Calling students, taking inbound calls, devotions weekly, able to praise and worship God, Pray for students, The hardest part is weekly one on ones that focus on the negatives.
Pros
Prayer, Devotions
Cons
No break room, no place to take personal calls
Poor compensation & bad management
Affiliate Faculty (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 29, 2016
This company pays adjunct staff poorly. They offer minimal support to adjunct and the courses are often a mess, with outdated assignments, broken links and tons of busy work.

The leadership is more concerned with passing students through than providing a good education. Many of the students in the last year have come in without even a basic high school reading & writing level.

This school is Christian in name only--in practice, they are just another money grubbing "education" system that is raking in the cash at the expense of the students & poorly paid adjunct that teach the bulk of the courses.
Pros
Scheduling flexibility
Cons
poor leadership, lack of support, low compensation, no guaranteed work
Great people, wonderful school
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 1, 2016
I really don't have anything bad to say about working for Colorado Christian College. I had challenging and exciting projects with plenty of support. The benefits are outstanding as well. Best of all the people I worked with and around are positive and friendly. Based on that alone I could have stayed there indefinitely.
Pros
Good environment, excellent benefits
Cons
pay for IT is on the low end
Excellent Higher Education Institution
Online Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 21, 2016
The best nursing program in the US, I have worked for 7 years and have been greatly compensated for my work. Teaching is an art and science and I appreciate both
Pros
excellent curriculum
Cons
shortage of nurse educators
Good place
Student Life (Former Employee) –  LakewoodJuly 12, 2015
I worked part time as a student. Overall seems to be a good place to work although I did not have a ton of experience. I unfortunately cannot speak to positions higher up.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  lakewood, COJuly 5, 2015
I was offered a temp job there and I worked with the tech crew for the college. They had me moving new and old computers around so they can keep inventory and update the computer systems. There was a lot of driving and the work was a lot of fun.

The hardest part was carrying the big boxes of computer from the office to the school storage. The boxes were heavy and this was during the summer so it was hot.

I enjoyed the freedom I had on the job and the trust they had in me to getting work done with out supervision.
Pros
freedom, great pay, great people
Cons
short lived job, long commute
God's University
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 29, 2015
Great school! Great mission! Quality education!! The culture is very cooperative and uplifting. The environment is truly Christian and is a blessing.
Good learning environment
Professor (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 20, 2015
CCU is a great opportunity for those seeking their degree both online and in-seat. It is my belief that they have some work to do to establish better student retention; specifically regarding the way their online system is set up.
Dedicated to students and thier faith
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 30, 2015
CCU's Adult and Graduate problem strives to balance the demands of work, home, school, and faith on adult students. I'm very pleased t be associated with them.
not enough work
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COOctober 3, 2014
This was a very judgmental work environment and too boring for me. The managers did not work enough with me to ensure I was doing the job right.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
not enough training and judgmental coworkers
Great Internship
Marketing and Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2014
This intership helped me advance in my career. I loved my co workers and also knowing I work with people who share my beliefs.