Colorado Mesa University Employee Reviews

Work Study Job
Records Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 13, 2017
Excellent work study job that had a flexible schedule. Those in charge were incredible. Tasks needed to be done correctly, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Overall a great work study job.
Great Place To Work
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO 81501February 7, 2017
Great Supervisor who I learned a lot from and it was a really fun environment to work in. I got to learn how to prepare chemical solutions for all of the chemistry labs on campus.
Growing university with great culture
Marketing and Public Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 9, 2016
Great spot for advancement as well as any university that offers lots of opportunities for all different types of individuals and students. Overall I have nothing negative to say about the university.
Enjoyable people and fun job to work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 2, 2016
The people that i worked with at Mesa were very fun and enjoy able. I always looked forward to going to work. When i worked i was able to get to know more people then i ever thought i would of
thanks, but no thanks
Custodian (Former Employee) –  grand jct coAugust 16, 2016
depravity along with shoddy preference in management established conditions that can only be met with immoral activities exposing the entire custodial dept to crude, high arrogance, low self esteem, tyrannical, sneaky characteristics.
Pros
if you don't like it, free to leave
Cons
working conditions, under staffed, employee bickering, backbiting, murmuring, complaining
Stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 7, 2016
Terrible culture! Shady practices. Good old boys club! Very, very political organization. No job security. Roll the dice if you want to be uncertain about your future!
Pros
Students and campus. Pay was fair (but not worth the b.s.)
Cons
Major culture problems. High turnover, poor management, good old boys club! No job security. Shady practices. No integrity or honesty.
Not a bad job when you need money, but not a desirable job
Gallery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 11, 2016
The management would schedule me during times I could not work. I worked the closing shift and often went overtime because I would be the only person running the register, cleaning, straightening tables, and closing. We would have a huge rush of people come in ten minutes before close and order food. It was not difficult work that I had, it was the lack of assistance that made closing so difficult. My coworkers were awesome, they ran the food stations, and they would help me in whatever way they were able. However, that was not much because they had their own jobs to take care of.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Exhausting work if closing, does not make exeptions for students
Love the campus and the people
Campus Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 29, 2016
The campus is hot and thriving and the people are fun and energetic. The president is awesome and the job is fun and exciting.
boring dirty work but payed well
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 18, 2016
The management was fair and helpful when needed. Most of the work was left of to each individual person to do without any guidelines. It caused one to get sick quite easily. It payed well though and wasn't difficult
Exciting setting with professional staff
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 15, 2016
As an adjunct professor in the business department, I have experienced a healthy balance of autonomy and accountability. The staff does a good job of motivating its employees to do well.
Pros
The chance to teach
Cons
No parking pass
office assistant
Veterans Upward Bound Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Mesa UniversityMay 6, 2016
as an office assistant you get to spend lots of time working in and around students. Also get to learn a clerical job's duties, customer service based and gives you time to study for school.
Pros
study time
Cons
temporary
A great new University with which I have helped develop a great manufacturing.
Machining Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 10, 2016
As an Instructor of various manufacturing classes, there is no typical day.

The engineering students are required to take my Machining Fundamentals course. Many of the students are very intelligent, yet they are behind in applied mechanical skills. So I enjoy the challenge and seeing the grow and inspiration I provide.
Pros
Helping improve manufacturing in the U.S. and beyond.
Cons
The work is not as technical as I have a drive for.
Great experience Not great pay
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 24, 2016
Working for the University is a great way to get extra spending money for college, however is not enough to support getting a degree. They work well around your hours, but only in terms of classes. if you have clinical hours to complete they do not work with them.
Pros
Hours are good, near by
Cons
poor pay
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Supervisor of Intramural Sports (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 13, 2016
Through working multiple semesters during college at the college that I attend, I have learned more about the balance of work/life as well as balancing school. I have also learned much about the aspects of running and directing a program, as well as how some of the key sport programs work on a college campus. The people that I had the pleasure working with were almost entirely all students as well (aside from the head of the department) and this made it very easy to get along with my co-workers. Unfortunately, when promoted in one program, the age similarity made it a little more difficult to manage some of the workers, as they see you on the same level as them. This presented a better learning experience than any other that I had come across in the past. Overall the experience in both positions at Colorado Mesa University were great learning experiences.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun environment, get to be around sports
Cons
Not many hours
Event staff
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Mesa, CODecember 14, 2015
Work study job watch sports and enjoy them with your friends that attend the same school. Fun job and it is easy to qualify
underemployed
Custodian I (pay the bills) (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 10, 2015
Hiring based on who you know, not on knowledge.

Work with integrity everyday no matter the position

Working with others

More educated than the management

Love the students and mentor them.

The disrespect of others towards the job

The pay
Pros
continued education
Cons
good "ole boys club"
Not as expected
unit manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 15, 2015
Great faculty and students. Problem is an administration which does not give priority to education. Terminates unsuspecting employees capriciously.
College work experience
Camera Operator/ director Colorado Mesa Television (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 11, 2015
I created various short videos for the University's Television Channel such as interviewing professionals, short comedy videos too. The entire experience was great! I received college credit toward my Mass Communication degree.
Pros
Experience with Television process.
A typical day at work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 18, 2015
Assisting students with homework. Tutoring students that either have a struggle with math. In- class math tutor that helped the teacher with grading, supervision of students that are taking a test, and additional tutoring outside of the classroom. I helped students with mental, physical, or learning disabilities. I also helped a veteran with mental health issues, as well as, severe learning disabilities involving reading, comprehension, and basic problem solving issues.
Pros
Seeing a student finally understand a math problem that they have been struggling with.
Cons
Only 25 hours a week work schedule.
Fun work place, new boss was very unfair with scheduling
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Mesa, COOctober 14, 2015
Boss has his selected favorites who work every event, and the other 55 employees worked rarely. Enjoyed the costumer service aspect.
Pros
Fun, Good people
Cons
Boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colorado Mesa University. Our community is ready to answer.

Colorado Mesa University Reviews by Location