Colorado Mountain College Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly workplace
Residence Hall Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work was organizing the mail and cleaning up the desk. I would also answer any calls and take messages. I would also check out packages to the receiver through an online computer system. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the students from my school. I learned a lot about organization skills during this job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 4, 2017
since I was paid by the hour, my schedule was very flexible.
It was the workplace department and the we were lunching a new way of teaching non English spoken workers. it's was sometimes challenging task.
Lots of Adjuncts
Math and Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  AspenApril 4, 2017
School lives by its adjunct teachers. Nearly all the courses are taught by adjunct teachers and it is really difficult to get a job as a full time teacher.
An excellent place to work and go to school
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leadville, COMay 11, 2016
I worked two days and week in the evenings was able to do my homework in between duties. I learned all office essentials, computer, fax, copier, mail, registration, etc.

The management and leadership within the college was amazing. There was not a single person that was not kind and helpful.

The hardest part of the job, was leaving to move back to Denver
Student focused and always seeking to be on the growing edge of best practices
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Edwards, COApril 19, 2016
Students new that they could always get an appointment and a call back within 24 hours with me even in the busiest of times such as fall registration.
Emphasis on providing excellence in support for diverse student body especially first generation, ESL and students with disabilities.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
No advancement structure beyond current position
Daily duties
Ceramics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COApril 15, 2016
I mostly cleaned and organized the studio. If needed, I normally will be making concoctions of glazes with given recipes, assist the professor when operating the kiln for firing, and answer any questions if students have any. Revive the dried up clay by placing them in tubs of water. The hardest part of the job would be to mixing the chemicals in a small closed area. The most enjoyable is seeing what the students were able to make.
Pros
Learning new things.
Cons
The smell of chemicals, Hard to clean areas.
Fun and Exciting
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Leadville, CODecember 22, 2015
I enjoyed sitting at the desk working on homework while greeting students and helping staff, faculty, and visitors find classrooms or event areas on the campus.
Pros
easy hours, great atmosphere, enjoyable coworkers
Tough place to be employed at
Admin (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista COSeptember 9, 2015
stressful environment with very little guidance. Co-workers were good but not very helpful when you needed help. I would recommend that one utilize this company to obtain their education
Pros
Spent less on education
Cons
Rough environment
Personable colleagues, very positive experience
GED/ESL Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dillon, ColoradoAugust 16, 2015
I began tutoring at Colorado Mountain College in the winter of 2014. Everyone I met, both academic and administrative, was dedicated and a joy to work with. I highly recommend the institution to anyone seeking gainful employment.
Supportive Environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edwards, COFebruary 14, 2015
CMC is a wonderful, supportive environment. The people are warm and friendly and student success is clearly a strong goal.
Great first job!
Campus Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJanuary 13, 2015
RiverMead dinning services was a great first job. The work setting is very professional but there is also fun to be had. It taught me much about time management, responsibility, customer service and satisfaction, and working as a team. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a solid first job, as they mostly hire high schoolers. Some level of advancement opportunity exists, but only within the limited options for dinning services.
Pros
Great first job
Cons
Not the best management
Stable job with some culture issues
Full Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, ColoradoAugust 29, 2014
Currently, work teaching didactic classes and clinical nursing classes. Wrote BSN curriculum and will teach nursing finance class in Spring 2015.

Have 43 years of healthcare experience as an RN, supervisor, department managements, hospital administration (CEO), hospital construction, strategic planning. Computer literate in Canvas, Blackboard, Xcel, Word, etc. Problem solver. Create great cultures and employee satisfaction.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Good flexible college job.
Bookstore Cashier (Former Employee) –  COMarch 11, 2014
This was a great job for me to have while taking classes. I was responsible for cashiering and helping students to purchase textbooks and supplies. Various inventory duties. I also would open and close the bookstore on a regular basis.
Pros
Convenient and flexible.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement and low wage.
Low pay and long hours
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Leadville, COFebruary 5, 2013
Our co-workers were professional and accommodating.

The most ejoyable part of the job was working with the students, especially the adult learners. They were highly motivated.
No comment.
Library Director (Former Employee) –  Leadville, COJanuary 7, 2013
The typical workday was 8 a.m.-5 p.m. with unpaid lunch hour. My co-workers were friendly. Management was remote.
Help the hispanic community
Admin Tech (Former Employee) –  Edwards, COAugust 30, 2012
Enroll students in the ESL program, translate, sell books when necesary.
Worked at two diferent sites, it was hard working at night from 6pm to 9pm specially in the winter time, in the mountains snow too much, enjoy working with people. and help them
Pros
meeting new people, and finding parents for purpuses of my other jobs
Cons
night job, was my 3rd job in the day. winter bad.
productive
Student Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Glenwood SpringsMay 27, 2012
Productive Creative Good Team Good People hardest part of the job is getting up the hill.
Very encouraging place to work. Great Benefits.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, COApril 18, 2012
I loved the staff support and being able to set up my own curriculm. There was a lot of freedom for your own creativity.
Pros
encouragement.
Cons
very small school in buena vista.
Worked in Steamboat
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COMarch 26, 2012
Great group of staff and students. Worked 12 years as custodian, earned a degree and had fun in Sky club.
Pros
hours, building, staff
Cons
promotions
Great learning experience
West Garfield Campus (Current Employee) –  TeacherNovember 4, 2011
Here at Colorado Mountain College the students are not the only ones learning here. Many times I came home with so much more new info that I could believe that I was not a student myself. Great people and wonderful, bright students!
Pros
people
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colorado Mountain College. Our community is ready to answer.