Colorado Retina Associates Employee Reviews

If i could give a negative review i would
Biller (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 2, 2017
Horrible experience. The worse management ever. They have favorites and it is well known. They feed into the gossip and enjoy it. Doctors have no clue what happens
Pros
Free lunches
Great Atmosphere,
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Golden,COJune 11, 2017
It's a real nice place to work, great co workers, but I prefer not to travel to other locations. Great group of providers. Hardest part of the job is that all locations are usually under staffed.
Great physicians and caring coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2016
Very strong environment to advance knowledge, skills and education. Management stresses expanding medical knowledge, job and training certifications, and backs it up with educational funding.
I wish my own doctors & staff were as good as the staff at CRA. I have high expectations based on how we do things here. I don't usually have that same experience outside CRA.
Current management is great, though we had a rough patch a few years ago. It's a practice I hope to retire from, and I never thought I'd say that about any job. Coworkers are great, even if there's an occasional grump. CRA is willing to hire/train employees without prior ophthalmic experience; it's disappointing to see staff leave after getting experience, but fun when they come back to CRA after a year or two.
Many patients choose their insurance plan based on whether their CRA doctor is 'in network' with their plan. I have family and friends who are patients here, and there are patients that have become friends. If a friend asked me where to find the best retina doctors in CO, I tell them to come see us.
Pros
Helping people every day, good management and staff, very good benefits!
Cons
It's very busy, and not everyone can keep up.
Excellent work enviornment, excellent pay and love my work family.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2016
CRA has become my home away from home. I've been employed for 6 years and hope to retire here. The company is constantly growing and has opened 5 offices since I've been employed and brought in 3 new physicians. The work force has grown from 45 to 130 and still growing. CRA takes pride in quality patient care and care of their staff with good benefits and work environment.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Couldn't ask for a better place to work.
educational work enviroment
Retina Specialist Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoOctober 23, 2015
I worked at CRA for nearly 4 years. I learned to work for all 12 different doctors that CRA offered and learned something different on a daily basis from each one. We had 6 different locations which we all had to travel between.
The doctors and former co-workers will always hold a spot in my heart.
In those 4 years we went through 5 different managers, management was not the best and the turn over was probably the reason. It is a big company with high standards which I suppose made it hard on management.
Pros
free lunches, great benifits
Cons
turnover
Culture of wanting inferior managment due to the lack of wanting different opinions
Ophthalmic Technician/Lead (Former Employee) –  coloradoOctober 8, 2015
CRA could use a overhaul with their management. The doctors are great, however, they have no major concern how their management treats their staff. They basically have a blind eye to what goes on, ultimately it has to reflect on them as well.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
poor managemnt
Horrible, Cut-throat and Toxic Environment
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2015
Management is inconsistent and contradictory, and has serious communication problems with each other in properly addressing issues with employees; for example,being instructed by one manager to focus on accuracy instead of speed, then written up by another manager for not performing an exam quickly enough. The overall environment is hostile and bullying. Some of the staff seem to thrive on intimidating new employees and will go to whatever lengths necessary to ensure you don't last if they decide they don't like you. Management is aware of the harassment but indifferent to it. Should you have the audacity to try and defend yourself, you will ultimately be blamed as the instigator. Company has an extremely high turnover rate and a reputation for being fire-happy. If you enjoy swimming with sharks and wondering when you will be axed, this is the perfect job for you....otherwise steer clear!
Pros
Excellent pay, loved working with patients
Cons
No job security, terrible management and catty, backstabbing coworkers
I respect the doctors I work for and enjoy working with them.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2015
I enjoy going to work. I have learned how the different doctors have particular things they prefer. I feel very satisfied at the end of the day, knowing I have helped them as well as patients and co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
distance to work
Toxic and hostile work environment
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2014
Management ignores issues. The turnover is outrageous there has been at least 100 employees that have left this company since I've been there. No support from management. Culture of the company is no one is needed or valued.
Great experience
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2013
I have learned so much working for them and feel I am continuing to grow in my Retina experience
Pros
Great Management and benefits
Cons
Job security
Patients are wonderful
Medical Assistant/Ophthalmic Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2012
Co-workers are helpful caring, patients are wonderful, management needs some work
Pros
doctors, co-workers, patients
Cons
management
Hippa violations fair employment practices o not exist
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver COJune 15, 2012
Hostile and uncomfortable place to work. Vicious throw under the bus attitude. Poor training no consistency in the protocol. Management is self centered and CYA. Partners are in denial.
Cons
don't go there
Ophthalmology services are the best
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2012
Company has great potential. Opportunities to advance are non existent. Management is toxic.
Pros
easy work
Cons
toxic management