COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES Employee Reviews

Wonderful work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Golden, COMay 28, 2015
A typical day would consist of a meeting with my supervisor to briefly review the work I completed and to discuss what needs to be done next. From there I would prepare samples for various experiments or conduct various experiments and gather data. I would keep a detailed lab notebook detailing what I had done so the experiments could be reproduced if necessary. My supervisor would always listen to my suggestions and either take them under advisement or suggest an alternative in a very respectful way. The hardest part of the job was scheduling time to use equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was analyzing the data collected and making conclusions based on the results.
Good
REU Intern (Former Employee), Golden, COMay 28, 2015
Had a great time working in the REMRSEC labs. Learned a lot and had a successful REU internship focusing on thermoelectric materials.
Excellent college work study job
Thin Section Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Golden, COApril 13, 2015
Pros: Very flexible
A work study job I had for all of junior and senior years, as well as summer. Normal duties include cutting, grinding and polishing rock and core samples for making thin sections. I also had numerous other responsibilities, including saw and lab maintenance and Scanning Electron Microscope maintenance. I had an excellent boss who was very flexible with my schedule. The most enjoyable part was being able to work around my college schedule. I have no complaints about this position.
cozy place to work with nice people around
Research Assistant (Current Employee), GoldenMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free Recreation Center and great atmosphere to develop one's creativity
I enjoy learning and working with people at Colorado School of Mines. The utility needed for solving industry-related problems is fully provided. However, a lack of hands-on experience is a major setback in our program.
Great Opportunity for any college student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Golden, COMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Room and Board is provided
Cons: Takes up a lot of time for a college student
Great benefits in terms of networking, time management development, professional communication development, and learning to work well with others.
Great Engineering College
Student (Former Employee), Golden, COMarch 2, 2015
Great engineering college. I learned not only the literature, but it also let you have a hands-on experience on your degree.
Great hands on fork for an undergraduate job
Chemical Engineering Lab Assistant, Golden GO (Current Employee), Golden, COFebruary 24, 2015
Was able to learn a lot and apply things I have learned in the classroom to help build a lot of interesting things for the Chemical Engineering Department. I gained a lot of knowledge about membranes, assembling distillation columns, wiring systems to a control box, etc. I was able to work when I didn't have class and I would stay all day because I loved building things and the guy I work for is a great teacher but also gives me a lot of free range to do what I think is right.
Need more labs in electrical field
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Brown hall buidlingDecember 19, 2014
CSM is a really great but a little small in electrical engineering. Its EECS department needs to be developed by having more labs and professors.
Great School
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Golden, COOctober 29, 2014
Great School for geoscience and engineering
highly recommended for anyone who wants to pursue careers in energy sector
Training underground mine
Mine Foreman (Former Employee), Idaho Springs, COOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Underground training facility from Colorado School of Mines
Teaching and Research Assistant
Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Golden, COOctober 6, 2014
Pros: highly respected instiution in colorado and in western american
Help with teaching logistics
Research relevant topics
Gather data

Time management is the hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you gain extra knowledge while helping with different subjects, and can't beat the outdoor possibilities here in Golden, CO right next to the Rocky Mountains and Clear Creek.
Perfect university to study
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Golden, COSeptember 17, 2014
A perfect public university focuses on engineering, such as chemical engineering, material science, petroleum engineering, and geophysics.
Productive workplace with motivated and goal oriented individuals.
Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches (occasionally)
Cons: n/a
Monday: Video conferences with professors/advisers
Tuesday: Research/Simulations
Wednesday: Conference with research group
Thursday: Research/Simulations
Friday: Individual meeting with professors/advisers

The program was quite fulfilling in the sense that you're among very talented individuals who strive for success. They are well organized and love what they do, which makes the experience enjoyable. However, they also have high expectations for their workers, which can be quite stressful. The research group works very well with each other, in which they are able to troubleshoot and identify various problems which may occur on various experiments.
A very good school teaching the latest in technology
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Golden, COApril 22, 2014
A very productive environment to learn and very helpful professors.
Exceptional Academic Institution
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Golden, COApril 16, 2014
Key Responsibilities & Information:
• Teaching, tutoring, instructing or lecturing in recitations under the
direction of a faculty member.
• Departments and Divisions select Teaching Assistants on the basis of past
teaching experience and academic promise within their respective field.
Great opportunity to conduct research while continuing education
Biophysics Research Tech (Former Employee), Golden, COMarch 3, 2014
This is a great school with top researchers from around the world. Here you can find almost any type of engineering research you are looking for.
Close to home
Structural Trades II (Former Employee), Golden, Co.February 8, 2014
Pros: distance from home was close.
Cons: no room for advancement
Enjoyed location of job. Was very productive in doing work through out the day and passing on any helpful information that I knew that could help them in doing their job. I also enjoyed learning from their work experience in any way that would help me do better at my job. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and we were able to work as a team and help one another. The hardest part of my job was snow removal in the winter.
This is a great position in a good company but i need more of a challenge
Strucural Trades specialist (Current Employee), Golden coloradoFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, constant pay
Cons: its the government, low pay and alot of waist in spending
This job is a good job for the sick ,lame or lazy , I need to keep busy,to feel good at the end of the day, I have 30 years as a journeymen carpenter and my boss is 31 and the combination of his lack of knowledge in this feild is frustrateing ,
Great place to work and get trained
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Golden CoDecember 30, 2013
This place teaches and makes you fully understand the aspects of petroleum projects and make sure you are responsible to handle complex projects in the industry.
It is a great academic instutution
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Golden, CODecember 17, 2013
I am in charge of researching a project while I am completing my master' degree. It is a great experience, the professors are very helpful and eager to help