Colorado Springs Utilities

Colorado Springs Utilities Employee Reviews in United States

Good atmosphere. funn place to work
Intrument and control electric specialist, senior (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COJanuary 11, 2016
Excellent workplace. Fun group of friendly. guys to work with. Large variety of daily tasks to complete. Fairly good benefits
Pros
company picnic
Cons
insufficient healthcare
Utility Worker Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 8, 2015
Great place to work. I recommend to all for employment. I wish my employment contract had been longer or had been hired permanently.
A great place to work and learn and grow your career.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 14, 2015
Many great opportunities with Colorado Springs Utilities. Difficulties with any political environment but certainly held everyone to a very high level of accountability. The opportunity to learn and build skill level was boundless. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Long hours, political environment, not great work-life balance.
Liked The Job
INVESTMENT RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2015
Job could be challenging but interesting.
Working with all sorts of equipment and developing a good knowledge base.
Hardest part was the politics.
I learned all about all the different pars that it takes to do the jobs within the utilities.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too much politics.
Mechanic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COAugust 29, 2015
CSU is a great place to work, we are very Safety oriented which is good for everyone, employer and employee. CSU encourages a positive attitude and provides tools and recourses to accomplish your goals. We also hold high values in community and providing services in an Safe, efficient productive manner.
Business Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs,CoAugust 21, 2015
Was a great place to work. Times and budgets have changed the atmosphere. Vacant positions are not being refilled. Hopeful new projects will bring additional challenges.
Great place to work!
Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working at CSU. I am eligible for retirement on July 1, 2015 so I will be looking for a new job. I will miss it here. Especially the people I have worked with!
Great Position, Lacking opportunity
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 22, 2015
Colorado Springs Utilities offered a great compensation, and a strong and friendly group in management to work with. However, it was near impossible to move up, or become permanent within the company, and for hourly employees they lacked flexibility with monthly schedule changes required.
Excellent company
Laborer/Bag (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 5, 2015
While working in hazardous conditions I always felt safe and that I could trust my coworkers due to very strict safety proceedures. Very organized.. It is so refreshing to work for a company who gives back to their employees.
Pros
educational on a daily basis
Excellent staff and work environment.
Engineering Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 17, 2015
As my first full-time job, I didn't know what to expect, but with my co-workers and the atmosphere in the office I enjoyed coming to work.
supervisors and management have no integrity and make your life a nightmare
former employee customer service and field support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2014
no matter how hard you work for these people ( its a clique ) if you don't brown nose you are not ever going anywhere .. the jobs are dead end and they always hire retired friends who receive PERA they get all the good jobs that suddenly become temporary but last for years... nice work is always available for their friends.. the management is not trained in proper management techniques in fact they are all strategically placed in management positions so that they may draw the highest retirement from PERA , theres many who had purchased retirement years and Ill be surprise if theres a single one who actually worked 15 or 20 years ..if you question their treatment of you or turn their actions over to the filty dirty HR dept youll be even more sorry ..then they help your supervisor or manager find ways to harrass you into quitting while at the same time trying to project a healthy work place thats full of upward advancement...unless kissing up during and after work hours apeals to you dont bother with this place its run by a good ole boy system that is never going to change until another utility comes and takes control ....
Pros
great medical benifits
Cons
you are micromanaged, ever second must be accounted for bathroom breaks any thing
Fast paced, dynamic, 24 hour a day work place.
Control Operator for Water and Gas Departments (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs ColoradoOctober 3, 2014
Worked twelve hour rotating shifts.

Working rotating shifts was brutal on my body. The supervisor was very dishonest, sneaky, did not perform her duties and then would castigate us for not performing our duties, but how could we with no supervision?
Pros
the pay.
Cons
management was sneaky, dishonest and always out to get the employees.
Great place for a career
Business Systems Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 25, 2014
Daily diversity. Learned a lot about people and the utility industry. Management was difficult to understand a times. Great co-workers and team mates. Supervising others was the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable was the verity of people and the team work for getting assignments accomplished.
Pros
potentilly great income
Cons
tons of work the never ended
Good employees, poor management and Human Resources Department
CSR (Current Employee) –  CCCSeptember 7, 2014
Service customers
Listen to complaints and try to resolve
Have nice equipment
Coworkers are nice.
Hardest part is being yelled at or threatened by customers
Being able to help a customer out is the best.
Pros
good employees
Cons
poor management.
Room for advancement, tons of incentives and very comfortable, professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2014
This is one of the best companies I have worked for, all together. The environment was professional, friendly, and fun to work in. The Management team was outstanding, and the trainers were the best. Overall, hands down, I would highly recommend this company to anyone, looking to work with their community, have stability, and tons of room for advancement.

This is a five star company.
Pros
room for advancement, tons of incentives and very comfortable, professional environment
Cons
n/a
Productive and Professional work place
Ash and Material Handling/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2014
I would start my day with a daily meeting to review all aspects of our teams day. Secondly, we would inspect amd maintain our equiptment.We would drive numerous load and deposit them. Next, we would clean and repair the pug mill. Lastly, we would clean up and go home.
Pros
good set hours
Laborer
Collection/Distribution Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, ColoradoApril 27, 2014
The job changes from day to day. What I learned from this job will last me a life time. Management and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was when I had to relocate. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I made a difference.
good organization to work for
Sprinkler System Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado springs coOctober 9, 2013
worked as sprinkler tech. Enjoyed working outside, enjoyed expanding my knowledge of commercial sprinkler systems. Great supervisor, was hands on kind of guy, willing to share his knowledge with his staff. Good work/home balance.
Up to date network technology
Telecommunications Sr, Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsAugust 6, 2013
Design, install and maintain a Cisco network. Responsible for large facility network projects. To include new Water / Waste Treatment Plants and Power Plants network.

Some of the challenges was coordinating all the projects with the day to day failures and updates.

Worked with a small group of individuals that could come together and make the network run very good.

Learned how to juggle many projects and cases at once and maintained one of the highest customer satisfaction scores consistently.

Some of the best parts of the job is being involved in the communications of the different parts of the utilities, Electric, Gas, Water & Waste Water.
Pros
lots of new technology to be involved in and maintain.
Cons
small work force
Excellent job stability / mediocre leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2013
Excellent job stability (no layoffs). Managers and leaders are promoted on how well they manage up not manage down. Result is they spend all their time kissing up and not leading. Touts being all about continuous improvement but reality is they'd prefer you not ask questions and just do as you're told.
Pros
job stability and retirement program
Cons
mediocre leadership

4.3