Colorado Springs Utilities Employee Reviews

Workforce Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 17, 2017
Enjoy working here. Most employees strive to do what's right for the customers. Very good internal training and leadership development courses. Company isn't without problems or issues, but every workplace is.
terrible management to work under the rest was not bad at all.
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Cascade, COFebruary 6, 2017
Was educational and I learned a lot but management held me back. I learned cash handling, micro-soft word, excel and power point. Management was was unfair in treatment. Work place was sufficient to work in. Putting up with management, the favoritism and being held back was the hardest part. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers excluding management.
Pros
benefits&pay
Cons
favoritism, unfair judgments and not being able to move forward.
Good company
Analyst- Work Force Management (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2016
Good company to work for. I was a temp but they had no full time positions. Very political in nature so not always the best person got the job.
Pros
Great work life balance. Good pay. Good Opportunity
Cons
There was one bad manager that everyone hated resulting in poor morale.
Horrible if you're not a friend or family member of someone who works there
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 29, 2016
Horrible if you're not a friend or family member of someone who works there. Constantly felt like I had a target on my back always micromanaged, If you're a friend of somebody, or a family member working for CSU you're fine but if you're not there always try to find a problem with you, tell you not to do one thing or something, But somebody who's a friend of theirs or family member who could be doing the same thing nothing will be said to them. Very biased place.
Pros
None come to mind
Cons
Too many to list
A family of experts
Engineering Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 24, 2016
As an engineering technical support at CSU, I was responsible for achieving specific learning objectives, completing various company training regimes, and providing engineering support to the engineering staff. Typically, operations were smooth and boring, however whenever there was a problem, which was rare, things heated up quickly, and the staff worked towards a solution as rapidly as possible.

The management and team treated each other like family. Every member of the staff was an expert in his or her field and worked diligently and professionally to keep the plant running smoothly.

The best part of the job was solving the mystery behind an anomaly in he plant's operation. But, when everything was working as it should, it was a very boring job.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers, Experience
Cons
Lack of Variety
Good atmosphere. funn place to work
Intrument and control electric specialist, senior (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COJanuary 11, 2016
Excellent workplace. Fun group of friendly. guys to work with. Large variety of daily tasks to complete. Fairly good benefits
Pros
company picnic
Cons
insufficient healthcare
Utility Worker Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 8, 2015
Great place to work. I recommend to all for employment. I wish my employment contract had been longer or had been hired permanently.
A great place to work and learn and grow your career.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 14, 2015
Many great opportunities with Colorado Springs Utilities. Difficulties with any political environment but certainly held everyone to a very high level of accountability. The opportunity to learn and build skill level was boundless. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Long hours, political environment, not great work-life balance.
Liked The Job
INVESTMENT RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2015
Job could be challenging but interesting.
Working with all sorts of equipment and developing a good knowledge base.
Hardest part was the politics.
I learned all about all the different pars that it takes to do the jobs within the utilities.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too much politics.
Mechanic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COAugust 29, 2015
CSU is a great place to work, we are very Safety oriented which is good for everyone, employer and employee. CSU encourages a positive attitude and provides tools and recourses to accomplish your goals. We also hold high values in community and providing services in an Safe, efficient productive manner.
Business Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs,CoAugust 21, 2015
Was a great place to work. Times and budgets have changed the atmosphere. Vacant positions are not being refilled. Hopeful new projects will bring additional challenges.
Great place to work!
Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working at CSU. I am eligible for retirement on July 1, 2015 so I will be looking for a new job. I will miss it here. Especially the people I have worked with!
Great Position, Lacking opportunity
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 22, 2015
Colorado Springs Utilities offered a great compensation, and a strong and friendly group in management to work with. However, it was near impossible to move up, or become permanent within the company, and for hourly employees they lacked flexibility with monthly schedule changes required.
Excellent company
Laborer/Bag (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 5, 2015
While working in hazardous conditions I always felt safe and that I could trust my coworkers due to very strict safety proceedures. Very organized.. It is so refreshing to work for a company who gives back to their employees.
Pros
Educational on a daily basis
Cons
Excellent staff and work environment.
Engineering Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 17, 2015
As my first full-time job, I didn't know what to expect, but with my co-workers and the atmosphere in the office I enjoyed coming to work.
supervisors and management have no integrity and make your life a nightmare
former employee customer service and field support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2014
no matter how hard you work for these people ( its a clique ) if you don't brown nose you are not ever going anywhere .. the jobs are dead end and they always hire retired friends who receive PERA they get all the good jobs that suddenly become temporary but last for years... nice work is always available for their friends.. the management is not trained in proper management techniques in fact they are all strategically placed in management positions so that they may draw the highest retirement from PERA , theres many who had purchased retirement years and Ill be surprise if theres a single one who actually worked 15 or 20 years ..if you question their treatment of you or turn their actions over to the filty dirty HR dept youll be even more sorry ..then they help your supervisor or manager find ways to harrass you into quitting while at the same time trying to project a healthy work place thats full of upward advancement...unless kissing up during and after work hours apeals to you dont bother with this place its run by a good ole boy system that is never going to change until another utility comes and takes control ....
Pros
great medical benifits
Cons
you are micromanaged, ever second must be accounted for bathroom breaks any thing
Fast paced, dynamic, 24 hour a day work place.
Control Operator for Water and Gas Departments (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs ColoradoOctober 3, 2014
Worked twelve hour rotating shifts.

Working rotating shifts was brutal on my body. The supervisor was very dishonest, sneaky, did not perform her duties and then would castigate us for not performing our duties, but how could we with no supervision?
Pros
The pay.
Cons
Management was sneaky, dishonest and always out to get the employees.
Great place for a career
Business Systems Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 25, 2014
Daily diversity. Learned a lot about people and the utility industry. Management was difficult to understand a times. Great co-workers and team mates. Supervising others was the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable was the verity of people and the team work for getting assignments accomplished.
Pros
Potentilly great income
Cons
Tons of work the never ended
Good employees, poor management and Human Resources Department
CSR (Current Employee) –  CCCSeptember 7, 2014
Service customers
Listen to complaints and try to resolve
Have nice equipment
Coworkers are nice.
Hardest part is being yelled at or threatened by customers
Being able to help a customer out is the best.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
Poor management.
Room for advancement, tons of incentives and very comfortable, professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2014
This is one of the best companies I have worked for, all together. The environment was professional, friendly, and fun to work in. The Management team was outstanding, and the trainers were the best. Overall, hands down, I would highly recommend this company to anyone, looking to work with their community, have stability, and tons of room for advancement.

This is a five star company.
Pros
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colorado Springs Utilities. Our community is ready to answer.

Colorado Springs Utilities Reviews by Location