COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
C SU H E A L T H N E T W O R K
Care for Body and Mind
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/Clinician
Colorado State University invites nominations and applications for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to serve at the CSU Health Network during the academic calendar year. Housed within the Division of Student Affairs, the CSU Health Network provides comprehensive medical and mental health services to approximately 26,000 students. The Health Network Services enjoy full accreditation through the AAAHC. The clinics are open M-F (except for University Holidays) throughout the year and include primary care, women’s health and psychiatric providers.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant reports to the Director of Medical Services or designee and works as a midlevel provider to provide primary care in the medical and triage clinics.
Colorado State University is located in Fort Collins, a city of approximately 136,000 that is 65 miles north of Denver. Fort Collins offers a unique blend of metropolitan advantages and small town friendliness. Fort Collins consistently appears in polls as one of the best places to live in the country. Located at the western edge of the Great Plains and at the eastern base of the Rocky Mountains, Fort Collins, with its ideal climate, provides easy access to the mountains and numerous activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides primary care during the academic calendar year as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant in the Medical and Triage Clinics. Duties include but are not limited to: evaluating, diagnosing and treating patients by taking a history, performing a physical examination, ordering and interpreting tests, consulting with physicians as indicated, referring to other providers as needed, prescribing and monitoring medications and documenting in the electronic health record.
Participates in continuing education to stay up to date in clinical practice.
Serves as a clinical preceptor for NP or PA students as time allows .
Participates on appropriate CSU Health Network and University committees.
Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a master’s level degree as an Advanced Practice Nurse OR Physician Assistant.
- National certification as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner OR as a Physician Assistant.
- Possession of a current Colorado Nursing License OR license as a Physician Assistant, or the ability to obtain one.
- One year working as a Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant in a family, adult or college health setting.
- Possession of a current DEA number for authorization of prescriptive privileges.
- If an NP, possession of Colorado Nurse Practitioner Prescriptive Authority, or the ability to obtain it.
- If an NP, possession of Advanced Practice Nursing registration in Colorado, or the ability to obtain it.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Three or more years’ experience as an NP or PA in clinical practice.
- Experience working in college health.
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse populations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Interest in the wellness of students and their family members and respect for the role of patients in the decision making process.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary health care delivery setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with policies of the CSU Health Network, Colorado State University, state, federal and HIPAA requirements.
- Experience working with an electronic health record system.
The salary range $51,000-$57,000 for the academic year. Commensurate with education and experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave.
As soon as possible after the search process is completed.
For full consideration, complete applications must be received by Monday, March 25 at 8am MST. Complete applications must include:
- a cover letter discussing qualifications and interest in the position with respect to the minimum and preferred qualifications required for the position,
- a resume,
- names, titles, email addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Electronic submission of application materials is preferred. Submit letter, resume, and references in one Word document. No PDF will be accepted. Attach it to an email sent to Renie Olson Email confirmation is sent when application materials are received.
For more information about the CSU Health Network at Colorado State University, see the CSU Health Network website. If you have any questions, contact Search Committee chair, Gwen Sieving or Renie Olson at 970-491-5498. Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.