HDS Technology Services provides students, staff, and guests with a reliable, efficient, and secure computer network, and promotes the effective and responsible use of current technology through excellent customer service, education, and technology expertise.
The CPAS Assistant Coordinator provides support for over 6500 end users through the management of the IT work order system, supervision of student hourly staff and technical support. This position requires broad technical expertise related to systems in a Windows domain, desktops and mobile devices. This position reports to the CPAS Manager.
NOTE: For a more extensive list of duties and qualifications, see the full position description at
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service and be able to work independently
- Collaborate with other HDS/CSU IT staff regarding system problem analysis and resolution
- Provide after-hours response as needed
- Administer the centrally-managed department anti-virus server to configure and deploy anti-virus packages and facilitate resolution of infected workstations
- Work effectively in a tiered help desk environment; administer accurate and efficient problem isolation and resolution
- Must also have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in written form and obtain a Colorado driver’s license
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CIS or related field (must be earned by June, 2013)
o Substitution: Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field plus two additional years of full time professional IT experience
o Substitution: 4 years of full time professional IT experience
- Two years of professional experience supporting computer systems in a Windows Domain environment
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Current knowledge and experience in a tiered help desk environment of a large, complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues through data collection, research, and troubleshooting, and to plan, organize, manage multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Experience with Windows Domain AD/GP, Citrix ,and point-of-sales systems, MacOS, virtual machines
- Two years of experience with staff supervision
- Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The proposed salary is $55,000 annually with limited room for negotiation based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time administrative professional position. The position offers a full benefits package including: 24 vacation days and 15 sick leave days per year, enrollment in group health, life and accident insurance, retirement plan options, work injury benefits, disability insurance, and additional opportunities such as free employee study privilege credits. CSU offers Domestic Partner benefits.
Applicants should submit their materials consisting of a letter of interest addressing all position qualifications, resume, and the names, email, postal addresses, and telephone numbers of three references via email in Word or PDF format at: http://www.studentaffairsjobs.colostate.edu. Application materials should be addressed to Search Committee, HDS CPAS Tech Support Coordinator, Colorado State University. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration, completed applications must be received before 5:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, February 4th, 2013.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.