Colorado State University

Colorado State University Employer Reviews

professional and friendly workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: small campus, open and friendly people, supportive environment
Working at CSUP gave me a great impression of the American working culture. My greatest responsibility was the supervision of a study my professor conducted. I had to enter the study into survery monkey and to chose an appropriate design for it. Further, I supported the promotion and data collection for this study.

Other tasks were mostly research – more... based. I gathered data about current topics and organized them for my professor.

The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely to gain professional experiences in the United States. My supervisor taught me a lot about the differences to Germany and about common manners in the States. – less
LOVED This job!!
Assist patrons (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 6, 2014
Pros: sitting at a computer, friendly people
When I worked in the library, I absolutely loved it! I got to work with great people and the job was laid back. The boss was easy-going. Dealing with the patrons was easy and entertaining.
An interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 2, 2014
Pros: the people and some flexibility within the actual work schedule.
Cons: a very large workload with many, many components to track and keep up with
My typical day at CSU is working with trades personnel to acquire or maintain professional licensures and certifications. I handle everything from event coordination, to include travel, to all of the accounting activities that go hand in hand with registrations, renewals, record keeping and so on. I maintain training records for the staff both hard – more... copy and digitally. This position is a culmination of the different positions that I have held during my tenure at CSU.

I have learned many organizational skills between the positions that I have held as well as computer software applications. While these programs are not what private sector may incorporate, the challenges that a higher education institute faces when working with different software programs for accounting, recordkeeping, etc., have played a big roll in honing my critical thinking skills, especially in the financial portion of my job.

The people I work with at Facilities Management are a hard working, dedicated group as are all of the staff at CSU. The people are what really make the university great.

The most difficult part of my job is finding time to accomplish all of the tasks that everyday activity demands. I use a great deal of organizational prioritization to stay on top of an ever increasing workload, while dealing with the day to day foot traffic of the needs of the department.

My favorite part of the job is working with the people and getting them the training they need to accomplish their jobs with the tools that they need to be successful. I also enjoy the financial reconciliation, as it gives me a chance to slow the pace a bit and use my problem solving skills for budgets and transactions that affect the same. – less
Great institution with plenty of opportunities
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 12, 2014
Colorado State University gave me a quality education as well as opportunities to seek additional ways to get more experience.
Volunteer for a research project
Student Volunteer (Former Employee), Colorado State UniversityJune 3, 2014
Took care of research horses according to the guidelines of the study, included feeding, cleaning and walking. Assisted at the vet hospital before and after surgical procedure.
Not bad to build up research experiences
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 23, 2014
For international students, my department can cover full tuition waive for 2 semesters and I have to pay for tuition difference between in-state and out-of state student, which make international students have hard time how to prepare for that amount of money.
Good place to work if you have the right supervisor.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: 9 free credit hours at csu
Cons: management likes to blame instead of fix problems
Do the same thing everyday. Clean buildings. It's easy and has great benefits.
Everything was amazing there people, food, product. They are my Family
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch, respectible breaks, always had something to do, lots of knowledge
Cons: watching students come and go every semester that became very good friends
Colorado State University Housing and Dining was and still is a place I can call home and family. They thought me everything from good work ethics to life lessons and skills. They thought me how to take control of a specific section and train people. They showed me that if you have team work and you train people properly with the right safety that is – more... required in a industrial Kitchen. I Loved going to work everyday because there was always something new to learn and wonderful people. The most enjoyable part for me was interacting with people and teaching them to do things. The second most enjoyable part for me was that I got to interact with different types of personal its and learn how to train them in there own individual ways. This job showed me that people are really interesting and come from all different backgrounds. The hardest part for me was honestly leaving the wonderful people there because they have all helped me on so many levels I'm blessed. – less
Productive place to work
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 23, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: lots of overtime
Everyone pitches in together to get things done and it's a team atmosphere.
University Job
Maintenance Groundskeeper (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 20, 2014
Pros: working outdoors, working with tools
Cons: little to no possibility for promotion
A typical day at work required common grounds keeping tasks, such as mowing, raking, and snow removal. The job was great while a student at Colorado State University; and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work outdoors with my hands. Even though this type of job may not be conducive to future career path, it was a great job that I – more... wholeheartedly enjoyed. – less
Great School and great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 14, 2014
Had a lot of fun working here. Not much room for advancement.
Great environment
Statistics Tutor (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 8, 2014
o Help undergraduate students with 200 – 300 level courses
o Assist graduate students with statistical development for theses
friendly and casual learning environment with great coworkers
Research Associate (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 5, 2014
Pros: zebra jumping spiders hang out and watch you work, well educated, friendly, enthusiastic people in the department with a wealth of information to share, flexible hours, good pay and benefits, office puppies
Cons: dependent on research grants to fuel program
I wish I had more time to work here before I had to go to graduate school. I've never learned more skills working anywhere else.
In a pretty short period of time, I learned a ton about GIS, database management, entomology, biology, research, grant writing, and museum collection management.
While I was here,we were working on a project to database thousands – more... of our museum specimens to make the info available to anyone doing research online. It involved lots of patience, steady hands, and an amazing eye for detail. I can't decide if the best part of working here was all the new things I learned or the great people I worked with. :)
This may very well be my favorite place to have worked.
If the FBI ask if you'd rather play chess or catch butterflies, this place will give you significant bias towards the latter. – less
productive and fun workplace
Hesperia Honors Society Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: student development
Cons: politics, bureaucracy
CSU is a wonderful place to work. From the vice president of student affairs to program coordinators, faculty and staff truly care about students. CSU attracts a diverse student body, and it can also use growth in its expansion of this diversity as well.
great work study job
Colorado State University Work Study (Former Employee), Fort CollinsFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: some weeks not enough hours
helped out professors in the Geology department. All the professors and admin staff are helpful, friendly and respectful.
Productive and stimulating
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 15, 2014
Very professional environment. The research group in which I was involved focused in studying spin dynamics. We used a combination of optical techniques (BLS, MOKE) and micromagnetic simulations to understand these phenomena
Very relaxed and scholarly work environment
Engineering Lab Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 12, 2014
I love working in the research labs at CSU.
I have been working on a large collaborative project for 3 years.
Over the years I have learned a lot about microfluidics, tissue and organ anatomy, and analytical chemistry.
My managers or professors are very supportive and are great at providing insight and feedback.
The most difficult part of the job is – more... it is a new technology and it has not been done before, thus, if something doesn't go as expected or doesn't work well it is difficult to figure out why sometimes.
I love that I can set my own hours and that it is a relaxed and fun environment. – less
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 12, 2014
Great place to work.Great work life balance, relaxed atmosphere.
Good work environment
Research Associate (Former Employee), Lawrence, Ks.February 6, 2014
Pros: good salary, good benefits
Cons: working offsite made communication with home campus difficult
Administration staff was supportive of Administration Professionals that were working on Department of Defense contracts.
Very fast paced and helpful to get students on their feeet
Temp (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: large breaks
Cons: low pay
Working in a research lab was the best thing I had going for me, It was super flexible and very informative. I am highly interested in protein purification now.

1 2 3 4 5