Colorado State University Employee Reviews

Mostly OK
Adjunct Professor, Hasan School of Business (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 19, 2017
CSU is a wonderful place, but significantly out-of-date. Also, the human resource department is terrible. Generally, a large percentage of the professors should retire. Textbooks, course offerings, and technology are out-of-date.
Clinical Contractor Oppertunity
Contract Field Liaison (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 12, 2017
Colorado State University contracts with professionals in the community to provide clinical supervision and over site of students in their field placement portion of their degrees.
Great
Student Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 7, 2017
CSU is a great place to work. It has good culture and great people. You get good benifits and unique work experience while also being able to still live in an exciting culture.
Nice campus!
Administrative Assistant II, School of Education (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 7, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at the Colorado State University School of Education. I enjoyed the faculty, office staff and campus leadership. It was many years ago but sure it's still a nice place to work.
Flexible hours, Nice people to work with, healthy work environment, good quality work.
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 6, 2017
Flexible work hours, Nice people to work with, healthy work environment, good quality work, working with different types of people, hardest part is to handle students
Balanced and Fair
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 5, 2017
Overall a fair and balanced place to perform research. Effective pay and facilities, alongside a work culture that is easygoing and professional. Variety of research positions and abilities to move around in terms of goals and objectives.
Best IT working environment
Research Associate III & ColdFusion Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins ColoradoJuly 4, 2017
I'd recommend every IT employees to to get a job and working there. If I didn't have to move to Reno NVI would not quit the job. This is one of my IT carreer job as per job roles recognitions and appreciation.
Pros
Long lunch hr break
Cons
Short breaks
Diverse, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 28, 2017
CSU is an awesome university. There are many perks to being a faculty member, however, job security is not one of the them. This being said, there is a lot of room for one to gain professional growth and experience while working there.
Pros
Awesome work environment and campus perks
Cons
Little to no job security
Working at Andrews Foodservice was okay but had a lot of job responsibilities but not the pay associated with these duties.
Accountant I (Payroll Manager) (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 24, 2017
I was the Human Resources Manager at Andrews Foodservice.  Perform all HR duties which include new hire orientation, bi-weekly payroll processing, prepare and file payroll and unemployment taxes and 401k files, administration of benefits, preparation of W-2s and year-end tax filings, and reconciliation of payroll GL accounts. Other duties include daily cash management, filing monthly/quarterly sales tax reports, and Safety Coordinator (conduct monthly safety meetings, file workers compensation injury reports, report all insurance accidents).

The management at Andrews Foodservice was okay but as it was a family-owned business it was hard to change things. I liked working with the people but had to make a decision on my own career. Decided to leave as the atmosphere with my manager was a daily chore on who would show up for the day - nice manager or having-a-bad-day manager. Needed to think about my own well-being.
Pros
nothing
Cons
benefits were not ideal, vacation not ideal, pay lower than expected
Difficult to summarize
Internal Combustion Engine Research Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 8, 2017
Research work quality at university level is heavily dependent on your advising professor. My adviser did an excellent job of maintaining morale, team focus, and administration of research tasks. Not all research professors are capable of working with research students with such grace.
Great energy and very fast paced
Dining Service Cook II (Former Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COJune 6, 2017
I was a Dinning Service Cook II
I was a manager of twenty two different students throughout the week. Working with a variety of different ethnic and aged students. Very high volume and fast paced.
Pros
Great food and people
Cons
paid once a month
Position Variety
Assistant Director Facilities Managment (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 6, 2017
Variety in my duties....could be in Facilities meetings, on demolition/construction sites, following up on e-mails, spreadsheets, discussing employee safety, making recommendations, etc.
Pros
Good amount of leave time.
Cons
With budget cuts, job security is always on employee minds.
a person with extensive habits and be good at communicate
Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 2, 2017
as new employee to a company, I`d like to learn new skills as more as possible, including management ability. Also, workplace culture is another important element for new employment to study and accommodate. I believe every work and every position has its hardest part during working, it is challenge for being in a new environment or in a new field, but it is also the opportunities for people to learn more and know more people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Low Pay, High Stress
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 31, 2017
Low pay, high stress from upper management. Good for students to get through school but not a career I wanted to be strapped to for very long. It was a great experience for me and loved working with the variety of cultures that I got to work with, not worth the pay or stress.
No thanks
Student Development & Retention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SDPSMay 23, 2017
I would like to option out of writing a full review for my employer at this particular moment. I will return with a full review once I have formulated one.
Work Day
CDSM (Former Employee) –  Braiden HallMay 17, 2017
Normally a work day would consist of me having to do things such as a key audit which was to show what keys were checked out and missing at that moment in time and allow me to make sure that the residents who had keys checked out returned them. Other things that I would have to do would be to occasionally sort out mail and hand it out to residents who came to the desk no matter the time. Things I learned was how to sort out mail by mail service, how to handle residents that were disrespectful in a calmly manner, and how to work in a team much better than before.
The management was overall very good, they made sure that everyone was happy with their job and were doing their work. The culture was always very positive, many people enjoyed being at the desk.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with residents who were disrespectful and not willing to listen to people when told to do things such as be quiet. The most enjoyable part was the sense of community that I felt working at this job.
Pros
Meeting great people, having flexible hours
Cons
The pay was relatively bad
Fun place to work - but no advancement, benefits or raises
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 15, 2017
I loved working here, but they didn't have any advancement or benefits available to students working there. I did get one raise, but that was only because a law passed to raise the minimum wage. I wish there were better jobs to apply for on campus that don't require finished degrees. Some employers on campus take their jobs way too seriously and ask too much from a work study, but this was a very fitting job for a student.
Pros
Friendly people, easy work
Cons
could be very boring at times, no benefits
Very fun
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 14, 2017
Nice people and great place to live. Work does not always move at a fast pace which can be frustrating. Most enjoyable part of the job is you know you are working for a good cause.
A great institution
Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 13, 2017
A great institution and a place I was proud to work at. I learned a tremendous amount and worked with some incredibly smart and driven people. Compensation and benefits could be better and advancement is difficult.
Fantastic learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 30, 2017
The campus is inviting, energetic, and very supportive. The atmosphere allows professional and educational development alongside inviting conversation for any questions or concerns arisen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colorado State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3