Colorado State University Employee Reviews in United States

Attending classes, so no compensation. Broadening my horizons.
Student (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 2, 2016
Great place for courses. I am a student, so I am not collecting a paycheck. I have been trying to broaden my experience and talents.
Great School
Senior Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 25, 2016
Fun and exciting. A great place to get an education. I loved being in Fort Collins an colorado for school.
Great place for graduate students
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 25, 2016
Great place for gradaute students. Spent a long time here. Lots of resources and funding available and great instructors. Benefited alot by working on National science projects.
great work environment
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 12, 2016
Great group to collaborate with and publish . I still work with them and will continue too as long as they will have me. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a new job
A lot of cool scientific research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2016
I worked in Chemical and Biological Engineering department as a GTA and GRA for about five years. All professors are very nice to people and would like to help their students and take good care of them. A broad range of research is undergoing is CSU and it's a very good place to do research.
colorado state university
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 20, 2016
working at csu has been an enjoyable experience. many of my previous teaching assignments were in classes of 30 students or fewer. so, i learned quite about about managing classes with 200+ students. there is a nice atmosphere of community between graduate students and faculty. i feel like i was able to learn a lot about modifying lectures and tailoring content to meet student needs. i felt like my ideas in regards to exam preparation and exam writing were valued. the hardest part of the job was not being able to get to know all of my students since the classes were so large.
Busy jobs
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 4, 2016
The jobs were very stressful, but the faculties and staff made sure to show appreciation. The times are hard, but the result is fruitful
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
so many jobs for one person
Blah
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 25, 2016
The customers can be exceptionally rude but the managers will have your back. The hours they give you aren't always the best and expect to stay at least 30 minutes past your scheduled time.
Learning Curve and Interactive with varied Demographic Students
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 19, 2016
·  Showcased Debugging skills by evaluating under graduate students' performance, providing feedback and
assigning grades for 30-40 students per semester
·  Guided and motivated students to improve the performance by conducting weekly meetings by portraying leadership
·  Created dashboard and reported observed trends in the incoming students and their queries by week, time, and course
implemeting Visualization prowess
·  Procured and documented business requirements of PMI Focus group Project
Good work environment with good people.
Business Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 18, 2016
I really enjoyed the people I work with. When working for a University I feel like there are always nice and thoughtful people surrounding you and this is the vibe I got from working at CSU for 4 years.
Pros
Some advancement opportunities
Cons
Low pay
Very Helpful for Students
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 18, 2016
I loved my time at CSU, the Lory Student Center provides great opportunities for students and provides plenty of opportunities for motivated employees.
inefficient
PMTII Motor technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2016
Excellent job security but very inefficiently run and organized. CSU is more concerned with putting up a facade than running efficently
Pros
Job security
Cons
poor compensation, achievement goes unrewarded
Meh
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 13, 2016
Colorado state was just alright. Going from an industrial position to academic can be hard. The work life balance is terrible and pay is not great.
Easy Fun Job lacking substance and oppurtunity
Weed Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 9, 2016
Insectory
Early start at 7:30 for either a day of lab related tasks or field research and sampling. Working in a team of positive people made the work fun, and the manager was accommodating and kind. The monotony of tasks and inability to reach a higher position eventually led me elsewhere.

Weed Lab
Part time support for experiments run by graduate students in the lab. Work with a small team or individually with tasks assigned day to day. Management is great and very understanding, but constantly conflicts with the graduate students overstepping authority with employees. Monotonous tasks with no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
easy, outdoors, friendly
Cons
no benefits, low pay, no advancement
Grad Student Life
Research Assistant, Department of Physics (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 29, 2016
I worked here as a grad student. I had lots of freedom and was paid a reasonably living wage. If your not a student there is a stipulation of only working 9 out of 12 months so beware.
The University setting is a great place for a career.
Assistant Manager Chemistry Stockroom Store (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 27, 2016
Working with customers and helping them to determine their research needs, as well as talking to them about their specific projects is a very rewarding and satisfying experience.
excellent placed to work and great top down managment
Assistant Director Fitness (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 25, 2016
I love what I do for the Fitness Director position, but the political part of the job is getting to me. I am wanting to return to a smaller university.
Office Job
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 25, 2016
I enjoy doing different tasks everyday and this job was perfect for that. Since it is up to the interpretation of the teacher, often I find myself doing fun activities such as powerpoints and projects.
Amazing Place to Be
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 19, 2016
Colorado State University is over all a great place to work! Amazing people and nothing beats living in the Colorado Rockies
Pros
Great benefits including the employee study privilege and vacation time for admin pro's.
Cons
Top heavy
At CEMML the pay is ok, but the benefits are better than anywhere!
Land Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camp Roberts, CAApril 18, 2016
CEMML is great. The pay is average but the time off and 401k are fantastic. You get twice the paid time off as most other companies. A really good company to work for.
Pros
paid time off and CEMML people are always really nice.
Cons
contract work, so long term job stability is iffy, but people do serve for a long time

4.4