ColorTyme Employee Reviews

Low salary for 60-70 hour work week
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJuly 14, 2016
My management salary at the time was extremely low with plenty of incentives built in to possibly increase my pay by hitting various company goals. The problem is the goals set by the owner were almost impossible to attain and the bonus goals were hardly ever reached. So, basically I found my self working 60-70 hours (or more) a week (away from my family) chasing a carrot on the end of a stick. The associates (my team) I worked with were amazing and trustworthy. I gained some valuable insight as a Manager there.
Pros
Fellow associates
Cons
Just about everything else
fun place
delivery driver we also service (Former Employee) –  Nānākuli, HIFebruary 6, 2017
It's a fun place to work at because of the people. I've learned how to defuse an irate customer and different ways on how to approach people in a respectful manner. Management is not the easiest job, alot of pressure to be in and to go under. The hardest part of the job was trying to get back the merchandise. I mostly enjoyed the people that i've worked with.
Pros
discounts on furniture
Cons
tracking down old accounts that need to be paid or picked up.
furniture rent to own store
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Good job just not enough compensation and little opportunity for continued growth due to small business. the hours were great and the work enviornment was awesome
Good employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 23, 2016
No room for advancement or growth. Supervisor is the only good thing about company, he is a Great Leader. He listens and trys to help you anyway that he can, appreciate that.
Customer service on many levels of the rental purchase business.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2012
Making sure that my show room floor had excellent product in the best condition for rental purchase, Customer service, collections, repossession, delivery, account management, sales, and growth for future revenue.
Pros
fun environment helping customers choose and and establish products that they like in their home.
Cons
long hours and repossession can be difficult.
It's a comfortable work atmosphere. Hard work is required.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 7, 2013
Having to come in with a plan to get certain things accomplished for that day is the first priority. Checking out the delivery board to see how to map out the schedule between deliveries, service calls, reposessions, replenishing the showroom floor, refurbishing merchandise, as well as lunch. Consulting with sales associates, management, and other drivers to make sure that we are all on one page. As the day goes on many different variables can come into play, as in picking up payments, unexpected service calls and reposessions. Because it is such a comfortable work environment, everyone gets along, jokes are passed and told throughout the day, as long as the work is not interferred with and finished on time.
Pros
Once you've learnded the ropes and gotten use to how everything is done and operates, you are given the freedom to work as you please with no one hovering over you, you might have to go out into the field alone, but as long as you are confident in what you are doing, then you will be entrusted to the task at hand.
Cons
There are no health benifits, and there is rarely any time for an outside life, because since this is a service provided to the customers, it may require longer hours than scheduled with no overtime pay.
Colortyme
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waipahu HIJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Long hours but great pay , great workers and the work was not so physically demanding. Great benefits and rewards for meeting goals.
Productive environment and family operated
Product Technician/ Accounts Routing Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 20, 2013
Productive day at work. Management was easy to work with. Co-workers were dependable. Good healthcare benefits.
ColorTyme was a great opportunity for me to gain work experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 21, 2015
I enjoyed my stay with ColorTyme and gained a lot of experience in sales, customer service, and money transactions. The only downside was the limited salary.
Cool Laid Back WorkPlace
Driver/ Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 21, 2013
Terrible far as pay raises and advancment. Very un proffessional.
Pros
Cons
everything terrible to work for
Fast pace job, great customers and management, just no benifits.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 4, 2013
Calling and visting past due customers. Assisting in delivery, set up and repossession of furniture, appliances and electronics. Management of payroll, scheduling, accounts ,ordering, receiving, shipping, exc. I love being busy and enjoy my job.
Pros
off sundays.
Cons
working odd shifts. makes it hard on the family life.
great management, great teamwork, job security.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FlAugust 6, 2012
greeting every morning, smiling faces,
I've truly learned how to work smarter not harder.teamwork,customer service, and patience.
great group of people as far a management goes real peopel.
the heavy lifting , but after a week or so , it become the easiest part of the job.
My co- workers and the customer.
hardest part of job
Customer Service Rep / Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  National City, CANovember 9, 2015
It is difficult to please all customer's with their needs or wants,, if we approve somebody with a queen size bedroom, in 2 or 3 months, few customers will complain is to small, or don't need it anymore, etc...
productive and fun work environment
Secretary/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  450 South 9th St. Richmond Indiana, 47374November 2, 2012
Great place to work, great working with the public. Management is wonderful
Pros
great money
productive
Customer service/Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 17, 2015
smooth day
learn alot
management is great
co-workers are awesome
Customer Friendly
Salesman/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSMarch 16, 2013
Worked with some difficult customers, but had a great team that came together.
Pros
work with schedule
Cons
management
Providing the best customer service i could every day
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 4, 2013
Working at Colortyme was very challenging at times, but i liked the challenge.The challenge to provide the best customer service that i could, everyday was a new day to prove myself to everyone and especially to my self. I learned how to handle difficult situations, for example a unhappy customer. the hardest part of the job was having slow days , most enjoyable was getting the customers what they needed for them selves and their homes
Pros
i met new people everyday
Cons
the hours
good company
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  corpus christi, texasAugust 26, 2012
good company just did not offer a lot of overtime. a lot of setting up furniture but still fun
Pros
benifits
Cons
bi weekly pay
Great place to learn customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 29, 2013
A typical day can go from all out all day, to slow with plenty of down time. A flood of customers that come in all at once that need to either make a payment or buy something. And at the same time, go to a completely empty store with nothing to do.

The trick that I have learned is to be able to make sure that you have something to do at all times. This not only makes the day go by faster, but also if the boss happens to be watching you arent found sitting and doing nothing.

The General Manager at Colortyme is one of the best that I have seen, And have had the pleasure of working with. Jeff Moore Is an exellent boss that is flexible and understanding. But also at the same time able to see through what is genuine and what is an excuse.

The people that I worked with are an intresting bunch. Going from a slow learner to an experienced worker that has done this job well, and knows the in's and outs of it. But in the end we were a team. There of course is always one or two people that aren't able to take positive criticism. But a work place wouldn't be complete without that, would it?

The hardest part of the job for me was that I wasnt able to be hard on customers that needed it. For example, on collections. I have been in customer service so long that it was a culture shock for me to have to be stern on a customer. With late payments, and broken commitments.

Then again on the other hand, the best part was always being able to make a customer happy and be able to solve a problem for someone. Either on helping
  more... them find the right merchandise for them, or helping them get on track with there payments. And at the end of the day being able to sit back and say. that you put in a good days work was alway satisfying.   less
Rent-To-Own...What a concept!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Provides goods/services to a cross-section of the population that might not be able to obtain them through more typical means. Interesting and diverse customer base. Franchise-owned store I was manager of was excellent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ColorTyme. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9