ColorTyme Employee Reviews

job full of experience, reallhy showed me a lot
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 18, 2017
Great workplace and management. A workplace with a variety of task. this company had room for advancement. The staff was very helpfull and courteous. Colortyme sold its franchise back to Rent a Center
Na
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nānākuli, HIAugust 3, 2017
It was a great experience, there was extreme training in an attempt to help you strive for the best. There was always great opportunities to have one-on-one interactions with customers.
management pushes everything on to lower employees
Sales (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, WAJuly 25, 2017
The store manager is always to busy dealing with other peoples personal problems to do her work. All her work was pushed off on me when i was supposed to be focusing on sales and appearance of the showroom.
Pros
All about family
Cons
lack of management
great for job experience
Account Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
Great owner poor branch manager, could have better training program. Also leadership was lacking no sense of direction, left us alone to figure things out ourselves
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
no leadership
good management not allowed to hire
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 21, 2017
I had a great manager but the franchise owner insisted on hiring his employees, so the manager was stuck with someone else's choices. It made team building difficult and created more conflict than necessary.
Okay place to work if you dont have a family to take care of
Satellite Installer (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXMarch 29, 2017
Attending to customers needs on a daily basis. Heavy lifting in all weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with. The hardest part is moving up in position. What i learned is how to not stay stuck in one position and to better yourself when an opportunity arises.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Pay
Hard work but had a great staff
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 28, 2017
The work here is tough. It's not a cake walk. I had to leave because my back couldn't take it anymore. I will say though, the management was great. They would go to battle for ya and take up for you.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Hard Work
Productive workplace
Sales manager/assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work. The customers made it worth wild. Great products to sell with a good warranty. Lots of room for advancement. Even had bonuses you could win.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Long hrs and split days off
fun place
delivery driver we also service (Former Employee) –  Nānākuli, HIFebruary 6, 2017
It's a fun place to work at because of the people. I've learned how to defuse an irate customer and different ways on how to approach people in a respectful manner. Management is not the easiest job, alot of pressure to be in and to go under. The hardest part of the job was trying to get back the merchandise. I mostly enjoyed the people that i've worked with.
Pros
discounts on furniture
Cons
tracking down old accounts that need to be paid or picked up.
furniture rent to own store
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Good job just not enough compensation and little opportunity for continued growth due to small business. the hours were great and the work enviornment was awesome
Low salary for 60-70 hour work week
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJuly 14, 2016
My management salary at the time was extremely low with plenty of incentives built in to possibly increase my pay by hitting various company goals. The problem is the goals set by the owner were almost impossible to attain and the bonus goals were hardly ever reached. So, basically I found my self working 60-70 hours (or more) a week (away from my family) chasing a carrot on the end of a stick. The associates (my team) I worked with were amazing and trustworthy. I gained some valuable insight as a Manager there.
Pros
Fellow associates
Cons
Just about everything else
Good employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 23, 2016
No room for advancement or growth. Supervisor is the only good thing about company, he is a Great Leader. He listens and trys to help you anyway that he can, appreciate that.
hardest part of job
Customer Service Rep / Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  National City, CANovember 9, 2015
It is difficult to please all customer's with their needs or wants,, if we approve somebody with a queen size bedroom, in 2 or 3 months, few customers will complain is to small, or don't need it anymore, etc...
ColorTyme was a great opportunity for me to gain work experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 21, 2015
I enjoyed my stay with ColorTyme and gained a lot of experience in sales, customer service, and money transactions. The only downside was the limited salary.
Rent-To-Own...What a concept!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Provides goods/services to a cross-section of the population that might not be able to obtain them through more typical means. Interesting and diverse customer base. Franchise-owned store I was manager of was excellent.
Colortyme
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waipahu HIJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Long hours but great pay , great workers and the work was not so physically demanding. Great benefits and rewards for meeting goals.
A busy and fun place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEMay 19, 2015
Many of the customers we saw on a weekly if not daily basis. They were like family and we had a great time selling and conversing with them. Time went quickly as there was always plenty to do even if there were no customers in the store. As a team, all the employees worked together and supported each other.
Great Place to work!!
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson NCApril 29, 2015
Great Place to Work. Love meeting new people. Stayed pretty busy all the time, which is a plus. You have to take the good and bad with working with Rent to Own. There will be bad days and good days. Customers get upset when they cant pay their bills and try to blame us. You have to stay focus on your job.
productive
Customer service/Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 17, 2015
smooth day
learn alot
management is great
co-workers are awesome
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day involved, communicating with customers via phone and in person. Draw up contracts for new customers. Inventory of merchandise in the store.
Pros
Flexible environment