COLSA Corporation Employee Reviews

a fun place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 24, 2015
I developed a great relationship with the owner of Colsa Corporation. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this expected of a large company. The most enjoyable part of the job alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The started to get crowded
as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in I did each day, ranging from the monotonous to new projects that were challenging an exciting.
Pros
Free lunches and excellent health benefits
Cons
Short breaks
COLSA was a quiet and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Shalimar, FLAugust 18, 2015
• Answer phones, distribute mail, and maintain office calendar.
• Coordinate employee travel plans and assist and provide quality assurance check of all expense reports. Schedule interviews and conduct benefits briefing with potential new employees.
• In-process new hires and out-processes terminating employees.
• Handle all Human Resources benefit questions.
• Serve as a liaison for all employees with any issues they need resolved.
• Manage department spreadsheets and monthly status reports.
• Gathers data and prepares designated reports for department.
• Responsible for office petty cash and supplies.
• Plan and coordinate all local employee functions.
Vary diverse company with excellent benefits
Graphics/Public Affairs Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 12, 2015
Working for COLSA is "at will" meaning you can leave or they can let you go without reason. That being said, you take your chances working there. I have had good co-workers and not-so-good workers. My typical day revolves around helping out our team. It could involve designing a brochure or poster for a trade show or designing graphics, photos or video for a presentation. There is usually ample time to finish a project. I've had the chance to learn about all types of software and hardware. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a finished project that everyone appreciates.
Pros
great benefits, company functions, educational assistance
Cons
no severence, small pay raises
Excellent work environment, work experience very rewarding, excellent co-workers
Acquisition Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2015
Very good company to work with
Benefits were outstanding
Rewards were very satisfying
Limited red tape and politics from the job aspect side
Coworker are an excellent group to work with
Management Does Not Care About Employees
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2015
Management Does Not Care About Employees. Their only concern is keeping the government executives happy. Their lowest priority are the people that they employ.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Management only cares about government contacts ($$$), not their people
Productive and fullfilling place to work
Integration and Assembly Technician II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 22, 2015
A typical day was filled with integration and gratifying work. A place where you could put a wide range of skills to use. Management was great and really seemed to value me as an employee.
Productive, great career-oriented environment
Property Control Assistant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 23, 2013
I like the challenge that I got when I first came on board with Colsa. I started learning the different computer programs to keep track of assets and properly track inbound and outbound items on a daily basis. I also learned how to generate barcodes and do asset tracking and keep logs of equipment while supporting the customer and ensuring all inventory is accurate with great detail.
Pros
great benefits, great environment, great for people pursuing a career
Great place to work with a caring group of people
Systems Analyst II, Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2012
I enjoyed my time with COLSA Corporation. I learned much about contracting and government support with this company. I normally felt valued and like I was a contributing member of every team I was on there. They were in favor of family and encouraged family involvement with the company.

They could have spend more on training and education. It was difficult to get any training with this company, but I did get a lot of on the job training.

They were extremely good about placing skills where they were needed and doing their best to keep valuable employees through contract shifts.
Pros
family oriented, great merit increases, good insurance
Cons
didn't invest enough in training workforce
Great workplace
Configuration Data Mgt Analyst-CDRM support (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2015
Enjoyed reviewing Statement of Works (SOWs) and Performance Work Statements (PWSs) to determine the Data Requirements on contracts
Pros
great place to work with great benefits package
All in a Days Work
Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2014
This is an environment that fosters care for its employees. Everyone from management down tries to work with one another to solve day to day issues. Twice a year we get incentive checks and the alloted vacation time is sufficient. As long as we are making the customer happy, we are making the boss happy and when the boss is happy...
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 22, 2014
Typical day's for me at COLSA's HMT/MDA-TC Lab include user support system maintenance, customer interaction, and security procedures. I have learned quite a bit about the security process and some advanced computer skills that will help me throughout my career. My management is always helpful and receptive, and provide a safe, and easy going workplace. My coworkers are excelent people that I enjoy spending time with and enjoy working with. The hardest part of the job would be the ability to switch pace, because of our requirement to follow certain security procedures, the pace of our work is fast, until the next procedural point that we are required to wait for outside approval. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. I am always encouraged to learn and work through any challenges, and continue down a path to reach my own personal goals.
Pros
Health insurance, schedule, atmosphere
Cons
limited opportunity for internal advancement
Pretty cool place to work. Very laid back.
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 24, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of almost nothing. Most of the times there wasnt much to do and when there was, it was done pretty quickly.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
too much free time with nothing to do.
4 Stars
Military Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2014
Company is good to work for and they have good benefits. It has it's pros and cons working in the defense industry but our managers go to bat for us when we are not getting the answers we need.
I think Colsa is an excellent company to work for.
Financial Analyst, TAMS Contract (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FLMay 10, 2013
A typical day includes working various financial systems to meet goals, suspenses and organizational objectives. Co-workers are great to work with.
A very rewarding job
Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2015
My chief functions are the design, installation, operation, repair, and maintenance Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), CCTV, and Access Control Systems (ACS). This includes the site design and installation of control panels, detection and access devices, secure conduit, wire pulling, connectorization, and wiring of all devices to control panels. Following installation, I performed the installing of all software licenses, programming of the systems for each application, setup of badging stations for end users including magnetic swipe or proximity card readers. As an end function I was responsible for establishing the transmission of alarm systems to regional dispatch receivers, including Radionics D6600, SIS, and LAN networks using Patton equipment, 3224 Concentrator with 3201R Modems with the D6680-E120 network adapters.

I also provided the Installation of Land Mobile Radios (LMR) in Emergency Response vehicle communications equipment, which included the frequency programming of the portable radios. This included fire, police, ambulance, etc vehicles located at bases throughout CNRSW. Bases
Pros
Worked on Naval Bases, and our forces "Great people to work with"
Great Company
Master Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 14, 2014
Company is very focused on work environment and careers. Company worked hard to find another position for employees when contracts expired.
Great Company
Electrical Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  huntsville,alJuly 3, 2014
Great contract and company! COLSA has great benefits and perks for the employees. Managers and coworkers are great people and make the job a lot of fun.
COLSA compensation and work balance is great.
Sr. Engineer. Work (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2013
I have enjoyed working for COLSA even though my day to day job is on the IBCS contract as a sub to Northrop Grumman.
Somewhat rewarding place of business.
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 13, 2014
Colsa has its ups and downs. The reward in my opinion is helping the war fighters.
My co-workers
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 6, 2013
I enjoy working at Colsa. I interact on a daily basis with a great group of guys who challenge me to be a employee.

4.2