COLSA Corporation

COLSA Corporation Employer Reviews

Great Company
Master Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 14, 2014
Company is very focused on work environment and careers. Company worked hard to find another position for employees when contracts expired.
Electrical Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), huntsville,alJuly 3, 2014
Great contract and company! COLSA has great benefits and perks for the employees. Managers and coworkers are great people and make the job a lot of fun.
Government Property Administrator III (Current Employee), Madison, AlabamaJune 24, 2014
The nature of the contract does not allow for Colsa management to control the worksite conditions.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 22, 2014
Pros: health insurance, schedule, atmosphere
Cons: limited opportunity for internal advancement
Typical day's for me at COLSA's HMT/MDA-TC Lab include user support system maintenance, customer interaction, and security procedures. I have learned quite a bit about the security process and some advanced computer skills that will help me throughout my career. My management is always helpful and receptive, and provide a safe, and easy going workplace. – more... My coworkers are excelent people that I enjoy spending time with and enjoy working with. The hardest part of the job would be the ability to switch pace, because of our requirement to follow certain security procedures, the pace of our work is fast, until the next procedural point that we are required to wait for outside approval. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. I am always encouraged to learn and work through any challenges, and continue down a path to reach my own personal goals. – less
All in a Days Work
Information Management Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2014
This is an environment that fosters care for its employees. Everyone from management down tries to work with one another to solve day to day issues. Twice a year we get incentive checks and the alloted vacation time is sufficient. As long as we are making the customer happy, we are making the boss happy and when the boss is happy...
Great defense contractor, stable work environment.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 7, 2014
Great defense contractor, stable work environment. Well-known in Huntsville area.
good
Social Media Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2014
Good job I had to leave I was a way from home for the last 5 years
Executive Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great company and good working schedule
Cons: it is a contractor
I have been working for this company for over 6 years. It is a very nice company to work for.
Productive, great career-oriented environment
Property Control Assistant Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great environment, great for people pursuing a career
I like the challenge that I got when I first came on board with Colsa. I started learning the different computer programs to keep track of assets and properly track inbound and outbound items on a daily basis. I also learned how to generate barcodes and do asset tracking and keep logs of equipment while supporting the customer and ensuring all inventory – more... is accurate with great detail. – less
good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 16, 2013
the person who over saw the contract always had a reason why you couldnt move up into another position.
Nothing to Add
System Engineer III (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2013
US Government Contract position. Computer Simulation work.
Good work location.
Good Co-Worker relations.
I think Colsa is an excellent company to work for.
Financial Analyst, TAMS Contract (Current Employee), Shalimar, FLMay 10, 2013
A typical day includes working various financial systems to meet goals, suspenses and organizational objectives. Co-workers are great to work with.
COLSA compensation and work balance is great.
Sr. Engineer. Work (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2013
I have enjoyed working for COLSA even though my day to day job is on the IBCS contract as a sub to Northrop Grumman.
Pretty cool place to work. Very laid back.
Technical Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great pay.
Cons: too much free time with nothing to do.
A typical day at work would consist of almost nothing. Most of the times there wasnt much to do and when there was, it was done pretty quickly.
Great place to work with a caring group of people
Systems Analyst II, Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: family oriented, great merit increases, good insurance
Cons: didn't invest enough in training workforce
I enjoyed my time with COLSA Corporation. I learned much about contracting and government support with this company. I normally felt valued and like I was a contributing member of every team I was on there. They were in favor of family and encouraged family involvement with the company.

They could have spend more on training and education. It was difficult – more... to get any training with this company, but I did get a lot of on the job training.

They were extremely good about placing skills where they were needed and doing their best to keep valuable employees through contract shifts. – less
Great professional company, excellent benefits, enjoyed working with co-workers, staff, and mangement.
Technical Document Specialist II/Acting Manager (Former Employee), Jeddah, KSAMay 19, 2012
Pros: all amenities provided at no cost; housing, food, transportation, great benefits.
Cons: none of significants
Worked for many great service contractors and I have to say this organization is amongst those great ones. I would recommend employment with this company without reservation.

I personally enjoyed the association and the work environment was professional. I was able to enhance my technical proficiency and was able to get great ideas on technical document – more... editing.

The staff and management were truly caring and people oriented. Co-workers were pleasant and helpful. Overall the work was comfortable and task easy to accomplish. If there were any problems, everyone teamed together to resolve the issues. I truly enjoyed all aspects of this company. – less