COLSA Corporation Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Configuration Data Mgt Analyst-CDRM support (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2015
Pros: great place to work with great benefits package
Enjoyed reviewing Statement of Works (SOWs) and Performance Work Statements (PWSs) to determine the Data Requirements on contracts
Productive and fullfilling place to work
Integration and Assembly Technician II (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 22, 2015
A typical day was filled with integration and gratifying work. A place where you could put a wide range of skills to use. Management was great and really seemed to value me as an employee.
A very rewarding job
Technician 3 (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Worked on Naval Bases, and our forces "Great people to work with"
Cons: none
My chief functions are the design, installation, operation, repair, and maintenance Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), CCTV, and Access Control Systems (ACS). This includes the site design and installation of control panels, detection and access devices, secure conduit, wire pulling, connectorization, and wiring of all devices to control panels. Following installation, I performed the installing of all software licenses, programming of the systems for each application, setup of badging stations for end users including magnetic swipe or proximity card readers. As an end function I was responsible for establishing the transmission of alarm systems to regional dispatch receivers, including Radionics D6600, SIS, and LAN networks using Patton equipment, 3224 Concentrator with 3201R Modems with the D6680-E120 network adapters.

I also provided the Installation of Land Mobile Radios (LMR) in Emergency Response vehicle communications equipment, which included the frequency programming of the portable radios. This included fire, police, ambulance, etc vehicles located at bases throughout CNRSW. Bases
Management Does Not Care About Employees
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2015
Pros: Some nice employees
Cons: Management only cares about government contacts ($$$), not their people
Management Does Not Care About Employees. Their only concern is keeping the government executives happy. Their lowest priority are the people that they employ.
4 Stars
Military Analyst (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2014
Company is good to work for and they have good benefits. It has it's pros and cons working in the defense industry but our managers go to bat for us when we are not getting the answers we need.
Somewhat rewarding place of business.
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 13, 2014
Colsa has its ups and downs. The reward in my opinion is helping the war fighters.
Good workplace
Technician II (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2014
Good workplace, wonderful people, great employer.
Wonderful benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Great Company
Master Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 14, 2014
Company is very focused on work environment and careers. Company worked hard to find another position for employees when contracts expired.
Electrical Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), huntsville,alJuly 3, 2014
Great contract and company! COLSA has great benefits and perks for the employees. Managers and coworkers are great people and make the job a lot of fun.
Government Property Administrator III (Current Employee), Madison, AlabamaJune 24, 2014
The nature of the contract does not allow for Colsa management to control the worksite conditions.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 22, 2014
Pros: health insurance, schedule, atmosphere
Cons: limited opportunity for internal advancement
Typical day's for me at COLSA's HMT/MDA-TC Lab include user support system maintenance, customer interaction, and security procedures. I have learned quite a bit about the security process and some advanced computer skills that will help me throughout my career. My management is always helpful and receptive, and provide a safe, and easy going workplace. My coworkers are excelent people that I enjoy spending time with and enjoy working with. The hardest part of the job would be the ability to switch pace, because of our requirement to follow certain security procedures, the pace of our work is fast, until the next procedural point that we are required to wait for outside approval. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. I am always encouraged to learn and work through any challenges, and continue down a path to reach my own personal goals.
All in a Days Work
Information Management Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2014
This is an environment that fosters care for its employees. Everyone from management down tries to work with one another to solve day to day issues. Twice a year we get incentive checks and the alloted vacation time is sufficient. As long as we are making the customer happy, we are making the boss happy and when the boss is happy...
Great defense contractor, stable work environment.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 7, 2014
Great defense contractor, stable work environment. Well-known in Huntsville area.
good
Social Media Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2014
Good job I had to leave I was a way from home for the last 5 years
Executive Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great company and good working schedule
Cons: it is a contractor
I have been working for this company for over 6 years. It is a very nice company to work for.
Productive, great career-oriented environment
Property Control Assistant Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great environment, great for people pursuing a career
I like the challenge that I got when I first came on board with Colsa. I started learning the different computer programs to keep track of assets and properly track inbound and outbound items on a daily basis. I also learned how to generate barcodes and do asset tracking and keep logs of equipment while supporting the customer and ensuring all inventory is accurate with great detail.
My co-workers
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 6, 2013
I enjoy working at Colsa. I interact on a daily basis with a great group of guys who challenge me to be a employee.
good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 16, 2013
the person who over saw the contract always had a reason why you couldnt move up into another position.
I think Colsa is an excellent company to work for.
Financial Analyst, TAMS Contract (Current Employee), Shalimar, FLMay 10, 2013
A typical day includes working various financial systems to meet goals, suspenses and organizational objectives. Co-workers are great to work with.
COLSA compensation and work balance is great.
Sr. Engineer. Work (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2013
I have enjoyed working for COLSA even though my day to day job is on the IBCS contract as a sub to Northrop Grumman.