Colsa Employee Reviews

Fun and got to work with good tech, but bad managment
Software Architect and Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2017
I really liked the people I worked with, who were smart and motivated. Most of the people there were friends, and everyone got along. We got to choose tech for each project, which is always amazing.

Unfortunately, a lot of the management decisions did not make sense. Exemplary reviews followed by 2% raises don't make much sense, nor does neglecting to seek input from a direct supervisor when determining an employee's compensation.

Overall, the people were good, the company was not.
Pros
Good co-workers, handsoff managment
Cons
Compensation, management
Good Company
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  ALSeptember 22, 2016
Family atmosphere, Some of management needs to be replaced. Lack of training in some depts. Flexible hours. Good benefits and compensation. Nice stepping stone for person
Great compnybto worknfor
Systems Engineer III (Current Employee) –  MSFC, AlabamaJuly 17, 2016
challenging, multifaceted work. Never dull. Enjoy working with team in servicing the astronauts at the ISS and NASA Centers throughout the US.
Pros
Working with Space Program
Cons
Great mission and great people to work with.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAJune 23, 2016
I work for a contract and management team that truly cares about their people. I am able to work on flex time (7 - 9 am) and adjust my hours depending on the start of my day. I provide administrative support to the C-130 Engineering Chief. The hardest part of the job is sometimes maintaining a productive workday, it can be really slow sometimes so I volunteer my time to other people throughout the day to stay busy.
Pros
Cons
No enough work sometimes.
Awesome Comapny
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FLDecember 29, 2015
Awesome company to work for. Company and management is awesome, they take care of their employees. I enjoy working for COLSA.
COLSA gives you the opportunity to excell in all aspects of the job. Must be a self starter.
Contractor, Program Analyst IV, USAMC-G (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALOctober 14, 2015
Worked with COLSA for four years and really enjoy being employed by them. The contract will end in the next 60 days. I received great annual evaluation from my Program Manager. Would like to continue employment if the oppurtunity is available. They company make you feel part of the team and respect your input during meetings.
Pros
Work place at this time is very professional, Great to work with the senior leadership on a daily basis, They are developing great leaders for our future military, Very supportive if you have a family emergency, COLSA will take the time to administer Flu shots for all employees, COLSA do support theThanksgiving and Christmas Holidays with time off, COLSA also have a great leave policy for employees.
Job shop
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  DaytonSeptember 28, 2015
Rapidly expanding in Dayton, prime focus is filling cubicles as soon as possible. Will work details later, e.g., is this the right person for the job? Local management seems slightly disconnected from the folks doing the work.
bueno
operador (Former Employee) –  atencion al clienteSeptember 4, 2015
monitoreo de empresas por segurida, controlar q toda la mercaderia llegue bien a destino,
Great Company to work for
Acquistion Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shalimar FLApril 20, 2015
Have not been a COLSA long, but they are a great company to work for. Always there when you need them and they support you in just about all you do.
Pros
Great People
It's a place to work!
Senior Network Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALJuly 18, 2014
Average benefits, poor management, good coworkers. I'd have to think hard before I took another job there.
Excellent company to work for
Force Operations Team Chief (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2014
Colsa was the first government contractor at which I had the opportunity to work. Began as a courier and ended up filling an engineering position. Great family environment, vey successful company.
Pros
great company