Columbia-St. Mary's

Columbia-St. Mary's Employer Reviews

Productive, Professional and Positive
Representative Customer Service OB/GYN Clinic (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
Pros: showing up everday
Cons: no breaks to busy -
short staff - working front desk by yourself at times when you have patients with appointments and walk ins, trying to keep everyone calm while being professional and patient, then your have phones ringing constantly. Very tough at times you want to throw the towel in at times, but I have to remember that patient care in my number one concern, this – more... could be my family out there needed services.
Once I think like that it makes my job worth giving my best. – less
good Job
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 9, 2014
Gained lots of experience
very large hospital
in a rough area
Excellent organization
Master Interpreter / Spanish (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2013
Excellent! Medical staff and co-workers were very professional and friendly. It was extremely hard when my position was eliminated. I will recommed this organization!
horrible work environment
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2013
Cons: everything
great building horrible place to work, management confused everyone walking on egg shells not to get fired or laid off. I was the first point of contact, The co-workers were the hardest part of the job everyone afraid they would lose their job would do ANYTHING to keep it including lying on one another. Management just took that a face value, I worked – more... for this company for five years, this was a horrible experience. Be very careful while working here company may not be around to long subbing out most positions big money problems – less
Pleasant workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, WIOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: now enough training
A typical day was greeting Patients , answering phones and scheduling . Filing and preparing patient files for the day .
Responsibilties that went with scheduling patients
Management was very responsible and pleasant .
My co workers were always helpful
Helping the patients was very rewarding
A very fast-paced job with much lifting.
PCT (Former Employee), Mequon, WIOctober 9, 2013
Pros: excellent health benefits and pay.
Cons: sometime the work load would not allow for breaks.
I worked nights at the hospital, so a typical shift involved taking vitals and entering them into EHR. Every care given to patients was also entered into the computer. I enjoyed the nurses that I worked with. Any questions I had, they were prompt with answers and they always asked if I wanted to assist them with basic procedures. I think that is what – more... I liked most about working at the hospital; that I was able to be apart of so much that it really kept me excited about my job. – less
Very productive and patient friendly enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 4, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Columbia St. Marys. I really felt a part of a team who had the patients best interes at heart.
Very lively place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Med Surge /Telemetry 6 WestAugust 25, 2013
Pros: no two days were ever the same
Cons: could be very hard/ physical work, but that's what i signed up for
Report to reporting room daily for assignment and equipment (Vocera) needed. Go out on the floor get out equipment needed and prioritize my patients needs on who I would start with. Perform vitals signs, and diabetic checks on patients that needed and document patients information into the companies data base for nurses and doctors to see. Feed, bath – more... and cloth patients, Ambulate those that needed ambulating. Clean patients room and change linen on bed along with rotating patients every two hours. – less
A good place to work but going thru many changes
Supervisor Nursing Pool (Former Employee), milwaukee wisconsinAugust 6, 2013
Busy hospital which is changing rapidly to keep up with the changes in health care. Health care team is very good and nursing staff is committed to providing excellent care. The challenge is keeping up with the changes and adapting rapidly but a great group to work with.
Many options for Healthcare Opportunities
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2013
Pros: provide care to others and experience patient care
Cons: no income
I spent over 2 years volunteering part time in the emergency department and Columbia St. Mary's Hospital. I gained a entirely new outlook on patient care. My input was small but I was often reminded how beneficial my position was to work alongside the head nurse and oversee the department. The emergency department was unpredictable and everyone was – more... on their toes, but the atmosphere was still light and full of optimism which was necessary for the health of the individuals. Putting my head in the game was worth the experience even if I did not receive benefits or compensation. During my time there I made plans to carry myself beyond just trying to help others in order to find a career that benefits my college degree, my future, and the health of everyone surrounding me. – less
Fun Place To Work
Maintenance Mechanic III And Power Plant Operator (Current Employee), Power PlantJune 12, 2013
Pros: beautiful scenery of the lake
Columbia St Marys is a great place to work and give back to the community. Fun down to earth Professional People as co-workers, and Managers.
It was a job
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2013
Didn't really learn anything. Management changed every 2 years. Each different management team became worse. Loved most of my co-workers. Biting your tongue to management. Walking on egg shells not to upest management.
Hospital
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2013
Food Service department not the best. Management did not know its own policy. Dealing with rude managment Director and assistant Director. Co-workers were the best part.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2013
Pros: education, benefits, working as team.
Cons: feelings of helplessness and despair with patients who have a poor prognosis.
Skilled career professional with five years of practical experience in Hospital Critical Care.
Supports include assessment, counseling, education regarding medications and treatment, lab work, documentation with care plan for diagnosis and administration of treatment procedures.
Computer skilled, managing heavy patient volume including charge Nurse – more... Role. Proficient in documentation, record maintenance and paperwork to ensure accuracy and confidentiality.
Assistance with major and minor procedures in a Critical care environment.
Management is non-discriminatory, involved and allow staff to remain closely involved in decisions for the unit.
Co-workers are excellent with teamwork and communication.
The hardest part of the job is the significant turnover with patients, it a must to always have your critical thinking skills as a priority as well as patient safety.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being there for the patients, prioritizing their care and being involved in the outcome. – less
Standard
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2013
Great group of people to work with. Other than that, it was like any other day at work. Cafeteria wasn't too bad.
Quality
Biomedical Electronic Technician Internship (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2013
Nice place to work. The clinical Engineering department has been invaluable in my internship progress.
Service Coordinator
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: continuous learning opportunities
Working with engineers in a healthcare environment; data management; the most enjoyable part is the regualtory compliance;
Productive respectful work environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 7, 2012
I was treated with the upmost respect. When I came with questions they were very gracious and understanding in their explanation of how to do a certain procedure.
An okay place to work.
Nutrition associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule for school.
Cons: healthcare.
At first CSM seemed like a great place to work at. Over time people open up and there was a lot of drama, management doesn't really do a good job at separating friendship over work. I had few different positions but my favorite was counting the money at the end of my shift and doing the paper work, since i like math/paperwork.
Registrar/Patient access
Registrar/Medical Records Specialist/Birth Cert (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2012
When a patient comes to hospital I am the first point of contact before goes to his or his appointment. I provide fast and friendly customer services to the patients. I verify the patients identity, patient insurance and process all co pays and payments.