Columbia-St. Mary's

Columbia-St. Mary's Employer Reviews

Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: i had skin allergies to the chemicals
Learned how to clean the hospital rooms right. Was trained on which chemicals to use on each room in the area I was giving
productive busy work place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 24, 2014
Pros: always busy the way i like it to keep busy
Cons: always busy, short lunches
Great team of co workers
Hard working nursing staff
Great doctors and residents
Advancement within organization
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: work with you for school/family schedule
Cons: strong personalities, poor staffing at times
Very fast paced ER setting with staffing being an issue and high turn over rate. No rules and regulations seem to be in place or management is to nice to discipline poor performing/unsafe staff.
PCA in ICU
Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Assist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 8, 2014
Assist RN with treatment of patients in the ICU, assist patients if they needed assistance and help transport patients from ICU to other units or discharge to home.
Stressful work environment with a high turnover rate
Surgery (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2014
Columbia St. Mary's is in a transition period (ie. computer systems, management turnover). Not sure if they have the right leadership for these transitions. Employees often feel that they are working with a bulls eye on their backs. Many long term employees have been relieved of their jobs recently, and their replacements have no where near the experience. The job environment was extremely stressful.
Fast pace/ always something to be done
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: i was able to tap into a lot of different areas at the clinic and learn a variety of things
I was always given the amount of work and delegated it out to others to ensure completion in a fast, timely manner. I was challenged each and every day- holding a large amount of job responsibilities.
There was always some interesting case going on.
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN 3 (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 24, 2014
We were like a big family. I love being in surgery. I learned something new each day.
Productive, Professional and Positive
Representative Customer Service OB/GYN Clinic (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
Pros: showing up everday
Cons: no breaks to busy -
short staff - working front desk by yourself at times when you have patients with appointments and walk ins, trying to keep everyone calm while being professional and patient, then your have phones ringing constantly. Very tough at times you want to throw the towel in at times, but I have to remember that patient care in my number one concern, this could be my family out there needed services.
Once I think like that it makes my job worth giving my best.
good Job
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 9, 2014
Gained lots of experience
very large hospital
in a rough area
Excellent organization
Master Interpreter / Spanish (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2013
Excellent! Medical staff and co-workers were very professional and friendly. It was extremely hard when my position was eliminated. I will recommed this organization!
horrible work environment
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2013
Cons: everything
great building horrible place to work, management confused everyone walking on egg shells not to get fired or laid off. I was the first point of contact, The co-workers were the hardest part of the job everyone afraid they would lose their job would do ANYTHING to keep it including lying on one another. Management just took that a face value, I worked for this company for five years, this was a horrible experience. Be very careful while working here company may not be around to long subbing out most positions big money problems
Pleasant workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, WIOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: now enough training
A typical day was greeting Patients , answering phones and scheduling . Filing and preparing patient files for the day .
Responsibilties that went with scheduling patients
Management was very responsible and pleasant .
My co workers were always helpful
Helping the patients was very rewarding
A very fast-paced job with much lifting.
PCT (Former Employee), Mequon, WIOctober 9, 2013
Pros: excellent health benefits and pay.
Cons: sometime the work load would not allow for breaks.
I worked nights at the hospital, so a typical shift involved taking vitals and entering them into EHR. Every care given to patients was also entered into the computer. I enjoyed the nurses that I worked with. Any questions I had, they were prompt with answers and they always asked if I wanted to assist them with basic procedures. I think that is what I liked most about working at the hospital; that I was able to be apart of so much that it really kept me excited about my job.
Very productive and patient friendly enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 4, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Columbia St. Marys. I really felt a part of a team who had the patients best interes at heart.
Very lively place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Med Surge /Telemetry 6 WestAugust 25, 2013
Pros: no two days were ever the same
Cons: could be very hard/ physical work, but that's what i signed up for
Report to reporting room daily for assignment and equipment (Vocera) needed. Go out on the floor get out equipment needed and prioritize my patients needs on who I would start with. Perform vitals signs, and diabetic checks on patients that needed and document patients information into the companies data base for nurses and doctors to see. Feed, bath and cloth patients, Ambulate those that needed ambulating. Clean patients room and change linen on bed along with rotating patients every two hours.
A good place to work but going thru many changes
Supervisor Nursing Pool (Former Employee), milwaukee wisconsinAugust 6, 2013
Busy hospital which is changing rapidly to keep up with the changes in health care. Health care team is very good and nursing staff is committed to providing excellent care. The challenge is keeping up with the changes and adapting rapidly but a great group to work with.
Many options for Healthcare Opportunities
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2013
Pros: provide care to others and experience patient care
Cons: no income
I spent over 2 years volunteering part time in the emergency department and Columbia St. Mary's Hospital. I gained a entirely new outlook on patient care. My input was small but I was often reminded how beneficial my position was to work alongside the head nurse and oversee the department. The emergency department was unpredictable and everyone was on their toes, but the atmosphere was still light and full of optimism which was necessary for the health of the individuals. Putting my head in the game was worth the experience even if I did not receive benefits or compensation. During my time there I made plans to carry myself beyond just trying to help others in order to find a career that benefits my college degree, my future, and the health of everyone surrounding me.
Fun Place To Work
Maintenance Mechanic III And Power Plant Operator (Current Employee), Power PlantJune 12, 2013
Pros: beautiful scenery of the lake
Columbia St Marys is a great place to work and give back to the community. Fun down to earth Professional People as co-workers, and Managers.
It was a job
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2013
Didn't really learn anything. Management changed every 2 years. Each different management team became worse. Loved most of my co-workers. Biting your tongue to management. Walking on egg shells not to upest management.
Hospital
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2013
Food Service department not the best. Management did not know its own policy. Dealing with rude managment Director and assistant Director. Co-workers were the best part.